Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

cyclops' eyes

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i hate that he is literally a cyclops now. do you think that he'd be given his other eye back?

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Double post?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. i thought i wasnt able to send the first post

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4 god_spawn  Moderator

Obviously he will.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: @darthphoenix:

Obviously he will.

i think elixer will fix his eye after all he fixed havok's face

also about cyclops eyes, if ckye can use ruby quartz eye lenses, why doesnt he use those instead of glasses??? (also if he uses the lenses his eyes still glow red)

No Caption Provided

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just repost this here since the other thread with the same name seems to have gone poof.

---------------------------------

Eventually.

I guess it really depends on future story plans and how popular or unpopular the change is with the fans.

Personally, I don't mind it. It gives him more of a grizzled warrior feel, which sort of works for the character. Plus, it reminds me of Age of Apocalypse and was one of only two changes I actually liked in that storyline. The other being Jean turning into the bearer of the Death Seed.

Apocalypse Jean was pure awesome!

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just repost this here since the other thread with the same name seems to have gone poof.

---------------------------------

Eventually.

I guess it really depends on future story plans and how popular or unpopular the change is with the fans.

Personally, I don't mind it. It gives him more of a grizzled warrior feel, which sort of works for the character. Plus, it reminds me of Age of Apocalypse and was one of only two changes I actually liked in that storyline. The other being Jean turning into the bearer of the Death Seed.

Apocalypse Jean was pure awesome!

the aoa jean that slept with OG Logan "no ty"

she was cool before the death seed........i dont want another banshee or archangel

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Obviously he will.

also about cyclops eyes, if ckye can use ruby quartz eye lenses, why doesnt he use those instead of glasses??? (also if he uses the lenses his eyes still glow red)

I don't wear contacts myself, but i think its safe to say contacts are trickier to put on and can more easily fall out, and are therefore more dangerous to use. Chances are Morrison just thought it'll be cool for Cyclops to always "be prepared" like the boy scout image he used to have. But as for practical usage its probably only useful as an emergency backup. compact enough to bring anywhere.

As for whether his eye will be fixed. Well, i kinda like the idea of him being an actual Cyclops, but it should only be long term if there's character development attached to it, be it in character growth or how it affects his powers.

However, his House of X costume looks like he's retained a regular visor look, which leads me to believe his eye will indeed be healed. Or maybe Cable will give him a replacement eye.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn

@slimlim said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:

@god_spawn said:

Obviously he will.

I don't wear contacts myself, but i think its safe to say contacts are trickier to put on and can more easily fall out, and are therefore more dangerous to use. Chances are Morrison just thought it'll be cool for Cyclops to always "be prepared" like the boy scout image he used to have. But as for practical usage its probably only useful as an emergency backup. compact enough to bring anywhere.

As for whether his eye will be fixed. Well, i kinda like the idea of him being an actual Cyclops, but it should only be long term if there's character development attached to it, be it in character growth or how it affects his powers.

However, his House of X costume looks like he's retained a regular visor look, which leads me to believe his eye will indeed be healed. Or maybe Cable will give him a replacement eye.

no no no

whats next cyclops getting a eye-patch ???

you will be responsible for turning him into this monastery

No Caption Provided

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can’t see his eyes anyway, the only difference this makes is his head hurting when he uses his powers (which has been largely ignored after it was mentioned in his other appearances, he was blasting left/right in the War of the Real s Champions tie-in). Unless they somehow show how losing an eye affects his fighting skills (loss of depth) or abilities, it’s not really that important. And if it greatly affects him, it likely won’t be long term so either way is fine.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can’t see his eyes anyway, the only difference this makes is his head hurting when he uses his powers (which has been largely ignored after it was mentioned in his other appearances, he was blasting left/right in the War of the Real s Champions tie-in). Unless they somehow show how losing an eye affects his fighting skills (loss of depth) or abilities, it’s not really that important. And if it greatly affects him, it likely won’t be long term so either way is fine.

but when dark beast fixed him, dark beast said even without the eye, his power was still blasting(even though there was no eye)

im confused now

maybe @god_spawn can explain

No Caption Provided

if cyclops has one eye then his power is weaken

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I think something was said like “Your head might burst if you use your power” or something like that because he gets a headache when he tries to use it. He also didn’t use it when they went on a mission and Dani and Magik left in the middle.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: “you will be responsible for turning him into this monastery”

Monstrosity. The word is monstrosity. Not monastery.

A monastery are places where monks reside.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: “you will be responsible for turning him into this monastery”

Monstrosity. The word is monstrosity. Not monastery.

A monastery are places where monks reside.

LOL dont blame me, blame spell check LOL

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/05/13/x-men-monday-featuring-jordan-d-white-12-emma-frost/

some emma spoiler pics........jordan says their is big plans for emma(that he cant talk about yet)(KINDA HINTED SHE MIGHT GET HER OWN BOOK, WITH HER OWN TEAM) @god_spawn@koays

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is literally a cyclops now

He's a giant mythological beast with an eye in the center of his forehead now?? Wow, these comics are getting really bad ;)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is literally a cyclops now

He's a giant mythological beast with an eye in the center of his forehead now?? Wow, these comics are getting really bad ;)

plus mythological cyclops' are suppose to be dumb and slow, scott happens to be brilliantly smart

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

plus mythological cyclops' are suppose to be dumb and slow, scott happens to be brilliantly smart

Meh, the guy makes a lot of bad decisions.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: @god_spawn: @ashetdust: @pyrofn: @cattlebattle: ok scott has one eye now.......doesnt he have to retrain himself shooting targets??? ur aim would be off, unlike a gun where it has that thing to help u hit the target???

also close one of ur eyes and try to reach for a cup, its hard i know(also make sure cup is empty, so u dont spill it)

or maybe will get lucky and future writers will forget hes missing a eye (lol continuity)

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

It depends on which is his primary eye.

Here’s a easy test to determine yours. Hold your hand out at arms length with your thumb up centered directly in front of your face. Focus on your thumb. First close and open one eye, then the other while continuing to focus on your thumb. The eye you close that causes your thumb to shift to the side the most is your primary. You mostly target through that eye.

So depending on which was Scott’s primary eye he might not have had to retrain at all.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

It depends on which is his primary eye.

Here’s a easy test to determine yours. Hold your hand out at arms length with your thumb up centered directly in front of your face. Focus on your thumb. First close and open one eye, then the other while continuing to focus on your thumb. The eye you close that causes your thumb to shift to the side the most is your primary. You mostly target through that eye.

So depending on which was Scott’s primary eye he might not have had to retrain at all.

ty cool........my left eye is my primary

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
    FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone is commenting how he’s being made to be an actual cyclops. Meanwhile I’m over here thinking he’s being made to look more like his son...

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Takeshi57
    No Caption Provided

I think he's hot with just one eye...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.