Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Cyclops Character Development

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Do you think when the O5 eventually go back to their own time-line (will likely happen whenever Tyke comes back from space) Cyclops will lose all the character development he's had over the last few years? I really like that Cyclops has went from Stick-In-The-Mud-Boy-Scout to a Magnificent Bastard and I won't be happy if Tyke goes back in time with the idea to change who he's become.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

I hope he does. I wan't my favorite X-Man back. I hate you AvX.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If that will happen I'll consider dropping the X-men lol

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The O5 will eventually go back to their proper time, where Beast should have left them, probably in a big crossover event that'll conclude Bendis' run on the X-Men, which will of course leave readers with hundreds of questions that the writers who come after Bendis will have to deal with.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6 god_spawn  Moderator

I see absolutely no reason if 05 Cyclops goes back that Scott would lose all his character development. Cyclops' character development from boy scout to anti-hero has been one of the most carefully crafted and well executed evolutions they have done in a long time.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Read Young Tyke then

I am but he wont be here forever and he doesn't have the history that the old one shares. So I want him back instead of the douche he's turned into.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@dernman: Read Young Tyke then

I am but he wont be here forever and he doesn't have the history that the old one shares. So I want him back instead of the douche he's turned into.

Why do people hate current Cyke but love John Constantine?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Hes not going to go back, like not ever prolly. Look at Dark Beast, and if he does go back then they will just form a alternate time line (like all the ones we seen in the Exiles comics) and not affect 616 that we are reading now

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman

@jonny_anonymous: Well I can't speak too much on Constantine because he never sounded like someone I would be interested in so I never got into him much. I find him worse than Cyclops. There is a difference between the two though. Unlike Cyclops he doesn't have the years of being the hero pillar of the X-Men. Constantine was always someone who walked through the gutter and you liked that about him. There is no pretense that he is a good guy. He's fun to watch his antics but you wouldn't want to get involved with him. He doesn't even have a cause to get behind that I'm aware of. Doesn't really believe in anything. He's someone not to trust or have very much respect for. You expect him to be an @$$ so it's easier to accept when he is one it's not disappointing. Constantine is even aware of what he is.

With Cyclops you had respect and expectations of him.Then his pillar fell. He comes off unapologetic, unrepentant, tries to carry a cause banner of a twisted version of what he once was, tries to get people to think he's right and to follow him. Then he looks down on those who don't. Like it's because they're blind.

Though I think the majority of those who like Constantine would not like Cyclops as he was. Even now they are really still two different characters.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremely doubtful things will change when he goes back...that a lot of character history to retcon. And while some may hate current cyke, many also love his character progression and don't want to see him slide back into his old Boy Scout ways

I myself prefer the stronger more confident leader he is now

If young Scott does return to his time period it will just create another timeline in all likelihood

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think the O5 need to go back and time travel mechanics aren't my strong suite but the Marvel universe works on a infinite multiverse so most likely we're seeing the splitting of the universe into two, one where they go back and change things and one where they never do. This is the reason why Rachel, Cable, and X-Man still exist even though their universe can't happen. There's one universe (technically countless) where the original 5 X-Men disappeared and no knows what happened to them. Actually that would be a interesting read to see what Professor X would do.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is basically another one of those Marvel Reboot theories, i sincerely doubt any lasting change will come from the O5 besides Jean Grey potentially staying or averting her death somehow. Otherwise, I just don't see them changing anything major outside of kicking off a storyline.

No one prefers old Scott to the much more well rounded Cyclops we have now, so that would be a serious disservice to turn the development around.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Koays

This is basically another one of those Marvel Reboot theories, i sincerely doubt any lasting change will come from the O5 besides Jean Grey potentially staying or averting her death somehow. Otherwise, I just don't see them changing anything major outside of kicking off a storyline.

No one prefers old Scott to the much more well rounded Cyclops we have now, so that would be a serious disservice to turn the development around....same goes for most of the X-characters.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@night4345: Might be somewhat interesting to see your idea play out of them going back and trying to change things but it being in a second or alternate universe. Dont know how well the Ultimate comics are doing but that might work as replacement for Ultimate Xmen

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.