Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13409 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Combining/Amalgamation of characters

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Ok the reason for this topic is largely based off some of the speculation in these forums and others based off the cover art for Hickman's upcoming stories. Also it's a bit of a variation on the who and how you would alter certain characters and their origins. I know there are quite a few of us who feel that one of the problems that has surfaced in the X-books or shall I say universe because it's a world unto itself (*cough cough**separate*cough*universe *cough) but many feel that there are too many characters and that the rosters and books are just too bloated or certain characters are just shelved because of another who dies nearly the exact same thing....now I know there are contrarians that will disagree (or maybe I'm the contrarians) But anyway in light of the speculation, if you could or you had to which characters if any would you just kind of combine or amalgamate? Which Xmen characters would you alter? Not necessarily in a silly way like that Emma Frost-Wolverine warp bs but who would you just get rid of and who would you redefine or enhance with a similar or hell even different character's abilities?

I'll post mine shortly lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Lol idk....i thought Emmarine was hilarious when i first saw it.

Gambit/Fantomex: For most of the 00s Gambit didnt have much to do except on/off with Rogue. His plots were basically "i'm blind, but capable" and "I'm Archangel now". Meanwhile Fantomex got this odd and interesting background as a connection to the Weapon X program......but nobody cared because he was Fantomex.

However if you were to say, take Gambit from the point in which he was depowered or blinded and morph him into this Fantomex character and have him struggle with what he became a bit it wouldve been interesting an kept what should've been a A-list X-Man and kept him relevant.

otherwise idk-

Firestar is this awkward character I'd maybe wanna do something with. Possible place her alongside the hellions or merge her with Magma. Idk really.

Apocalypse, Selene, Exodus and hell even Gateway would just take the role of the Externals.

Bishop would just be absorbed into Cable's back ground. Either completely erased or just have Cable come from that Future.

and then just to be whacky- A Jubilee/Xavier Amalgamation would be great.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get rid of Cables TO Virus so that he becomes X-Man. Get rid of AoA Nate.

Combine Shadow King and Cassandra Nova like in X-Men ‘92. Where after Xavier attempts murder on his sister, her mind instinctively flees to the Astral Plane and takes over it, absorbing its psionic energy to try to supersede Xavier’s power, since at base level, she is equal to Xavier.

Combine Dazzler with Aurora. Everyone forgets Aurora, so let’s make it official, and turn Dazzler into Northstars twin. I mean, writers are always remaking Alison’s image all the time for some reason or another, so why not do something that adds to her powerset and gives her more interesting connections. Either she and Northstar were separated at birth, or Northstar has been sticking with his sissy as her overprotective brother. But to deal with the female twins photokinetic amp, give Northstar physical amps.

Combine Multiple Man with the Cuckoos! Mostly to fulfill my previous thoughts when I first learned about the Cuckoos, X-Men Legends 2. My god, their boss battle was awesome. I thought previously, “Psychics that can create copies at will? Awesome!” Was slightly disappointed to find out that that wasn’t the case, but still ended up loving the Cuckoos.

Merge Longshot to keep Domino.

@cattlebattle: @koays: Combine Rachel with Cosmo the Spacedog. Perfect.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: -_- Keep Jean dead from the start. Replace her with Maddie in the 90s.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@koays: Well,the promo art did have her in marvel girl outfit.Maybe she'll finally rest in peace. Never to be disturbed again.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I like the idea of combining Dazzler and Aurora also Longshot and Domino

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if that's really according to rules, but "Douglock" is my pick. Mutant, alien, transhuman. I'd eff with that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: yeah that's not bad. I feel like that would make both interesting

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'd combine Boom Boom and Jubilee. I just don't see the need for both of them. I'd keep Boom Boom and just combine her powers with whatever Jubilee supposedly has

I like the idea of Gambit and Fantomex being combined. I've said here numerous times that Gambit should have been in the role of Fantomex in Uncanny Xforce. That book would have been damn near perfect. Additionally when it comes to Gambit I'd also find a way to combine him with Vulcan sort of an amalgamation of their powers and an origin story.

Probably would combine Monet and Frenzy. Somewhat similar and a combination might round out the personalities a little more.

This one is a bit more controversial I guess but I would actually do something with Psylocke, Karma and Moonstar. Moonstar should get the psi weapons ability. While I love Psylocke and Karma also. There are periods where they were just written terribly or needlessly convoluted. Like take for instance the whole Karma pink hair phase or even her obese thing. The same with Psylockes body switch. Also take away the Ninja and psychic weapon projection and Betsy just seems to be another telepath. Combining Karma and Psylocke gives the tragic backstory without the convoluted mess. It also rounds out the characters more and is an even richer story. You even get the hair with Betsy's purple lol. You could even play on the Braddock family and maybe her being a child out of wedlock or whatever. Giving her the butterfly signature and psionic possession powers and maybe even the Ninja stuff at some point could be interesting and hell even give her two names the English Betsy maybe called so by her father and acknowledge the Vietnamese side with her mother or others calling her Xian Coy Mahn.

Honestly I don't know that I'd keep Havok and Cyclops as two separate people. I guess they can be interesting but honestly combining might work even better especially if I could have the Gambit-Vulcan story with Cyclops not knowing what happened to his brother and it turning out to be Gambit

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

You'd sacrifice so many characters? I dunno, I feel like Psylocke, especially now there's also Kwanon, is really distinct. I think with Moonstar it better simply explore possibilities beyond just mutant powers. The Valkyrie angle was cool. Add some of the Native American, maybe even other mystical/mythological aspects and make her THAT kind of X-men. That will make her too distinct and self-sufficient. But that's imo of course.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: yeah the Valkryie stuff is interesting somewhat but Dani being able to basically have illusion powers and manifest psi weapons is good for me. What makes Psylocke so distinct in your opinion?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Merging Firestar and Magma is a good one too.

I actually like the depiction of Nightcrawler on that cover in a more human looking form.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Yea, honestly it took me a long while to even realize Firestar existed, and with Magma's background being so....awkward. If they merged the two you could get Magma a little closer to the Hellfire side of her origin while also having another new mutant who shows up in other Marvel teams.

I like Nightcrawler as well. I cant inste the Gambit aspects, but it would be an interesting arc for Kurt's appearance and powers to change or fade temporarily. I could actually see myself really enjoying that actually

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

Well her whole psionic ninja with TK construct weaponry and pink butterfly effect makes her a prominent and visually interesting psychic IMO.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: You know as well as I do that even after Jeans death, no one ever forgot about her. Not the writers and not the fans. There is also the matter of the Phoenix, who favors Jean more than her ‘abusive daughter’ by your own words. So, back to the kennel with you.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was also gonna suggest Kitty gain some measure of body possession and levitation by fusing with Trance...but she literally has those powers and just doesnt use them.

Invisibility would be a cool addition

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Simon Pyro against St. John. I think he should combine Simon with Sunspot or just give him a different alias. I’m sure there were probably Pyro fans who got miffed about his replacement....wherever they are.

I say combine No-Girl and Cerebra. Imagine a Cerebra made with a mutant brain that is supposed to amp the telepaths powers, but she breaks free and attacks the X-Men for locking her away. You know, the danger route! In fact, let’s combine Danger with her as well, which in turn gives her a robot body with a mutant brain.

Also, let’s combine Mimic and Vulcan. One looks like Scott, the other is Scott’s brother, Both have used the O5’s abilities. (Or at least Marvel Girls telekinetic abilities)

@koays: Okay, Okay. My real idea is to combine Rachel with Hope Summers. Have Rachel be the one raised by her ‘big brother’ rather than her adoptive father. It makes that Mutant Messiah angle make more sense too, since the Grey line is more favored and Hope came out of nowhere.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: No-girl/Cerbra is a thing in X-Men: The End.

I've heard the Hope/Rachel thing since before Hope came back. The only problem is how awkward it would be trying to get that to be Rachel, since no matter how you shape it Jean is dead at that point, and the Mutant Messiah angle only works because Hope was a baby. Though I think the humor/drama of Jean and Scott sending another baby to the future or Jean having been pregnant when she merged with Phoenix and having to send the baby from the White Hot Room is a great concept

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PyroFN

@koays: I know. It was a good concept. There is also the Danger aspect to add to her, to you know...give her a body.

Clone that Mutant Messiah, we have the Devil Mutie with no feats 2.0.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bullfrog - A mixture of Toad and Blob he has all the powers of Toad but also he can inflate increaseing his weight and density make him invulnerable and immovable.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merge Emma and Bobby, thus creating the Ice Queen. Same old Emma as usual, but instead of a diamond form, she has Bobby’s ice powers.

Could be fun.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hyiena said:

Bullfrog - A mixture of Toad and Blob he has all the powers of Toad but also he can inflate increaseing his weight and density make him invulnerable and immovable.

LOL idk why but I love this, the perfect Member of the brotherhood

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Merge Emma and Bobby, thus creating the Ice Queen. Same old Emma as usual, but instead of a diamond form, she has Bobby’s ice powers.

Could be fun.

So you just want them to become Elsa from Frozen then...???

personally Id have Malice possess Bobby, and have him fight her off, however before he does she creates a new body for herself using his powers, and in a weird way she genetically becomes equivalent to a sister for him...

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AsheTDust

@red_paladin_:

I liked Frozen...

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside

Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in, don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, let it go

Turn away and slam the door

I don't care what they're going to say

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway

;p

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Red_Paladin_

@red_paladin_:

I liked Frozen...

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside

Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in, don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, let it go

Turn away and slam the door

I don't care what they're going to say

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway

;p

Hey nothing wrong with that, I really enjoyed Frozen as well, have you seen the how it should have ended video for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFKHkoFgO3Y

What do you think of the idea of Malice possessing Bobby?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread.....yikes.

Someone already mentioned that Douglock should be a thing, in which I agree. They always try to give the X-Men the standard "Vision" or "Jocasta" type human computer type character like Omega Sentinel and Danger and it never really works out. Just having Douglock would fill the gap and he more versatile in terms of what he can do.

For my idea I have always thought Chamber should become Archer in the future. It was always suggested that Chamber's body has just become a husk as he would just transcend into a psionic energy being, and Archer is an energy being of some sort. Though, all Archer does is shoot blasts and I had envisioned Chamber as being more powerful than that, but whatever. Though I am not sure if that is really "amalgamating" a character seeing as not much is known Archer to begin with, he was just some dude with very little known about him.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_:

I’ve seen a lot of the HISHE movies, but I don’t remember that one.

It was hilarious!

The Malice ice clone thingie might work, but has Malice ever shown the ability to be that quick at adapting to new powers? She might not be able to effectively control his powers well?

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_:

I’ve seen a lot of the HISHE movies, but I don’t remember that one.

It was hilarious!

The Malice ice clone thingie might work, but has Malice ever shown the ability to be that quick at adapting to new powers? She might not be able to effectively control his powers well?

Yeah I love that one too, I'm glad you liked it... :)

And yeah I'm not sure how quickly, Malice adapts to new powers of those she controls, although I'd imagine she is possessing Bobby for several days, while the X-men try to find him and help him, in his panic he forces her out of him (maybe when she threatens Hanks life), by making an ice dupe, who's appearance and biology is somewhat determined by Malice's internal perception of herself, she escapes in the chaos as the X-men try to help Bobby, Malice is free now while trapped in a new body that also has Iceman's abilities, does she find Sinister?, or join the Hellfire Club?, or Does she reform the Marauders as a mercenary group?...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhh I thought Bobby was pretty cool with Apocalypse death seed stuff. So instead of having Malice or whoever possess him and create a clone and all I'd have him just deal with giving in to the influence of the Death seed.

The best amalgamations from this thread or the ones that make the most sense to me seem to be Firestar-Magma and Boom Boom-Jubilee. Taking elements from both back stories and combining them as well as their abilities would make for far better stories and less characters to try and distinguish.

Side note more and more I'm liking the idea of Aurora being combined with Dazzler. I'd be enough go as far as making Quicksilver and Polaris Magneto's kids and just leaving Scarlett Witch out, in my opinion she never factored heavily into the Xmen stories except in House of M and she's basically hated for it. I'm also liking more and more the idea if just having Gambit be Scott's other brother. Havok while some people's favorite, hasn't really ever done much for me. His best story seemed to be Mutant X. But again that's just my opinion

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.