Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Blue/Gold - Bad First Impressions?

• 62 results
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Okay....
    Kitty leading Storm?
    Young Jean leading Magneto?
    AND THESE COSTUMES!!! NOOOOO....
    Marvel NOW! had the X-men in some BRILLIANT and progressive costume designs... But everything post Secret Wars, costume-wise, seems to be taken down a peg.. And now with Blue/Gold, these.... terribly recycled outfits. Where is Storm's Mohawk?? Why does Rachel look like a Shi'ar rejected? There is sooo much wrong already with this first impression.
    I was super excited about this, but now.. not so much. I'm only reading 2 X-books (+OldManLogan), but may drop the series altogether.

And before ANYONE says give it a chance, I've been reading Extraordinary X-men and Uncanny X-men and they basically ended up as expected, direction-wise. Lately the X-men feel like Marvel's bastard child. :<

And I'm bummed because this had SOOO much potential!
    Who else isn't impressed?
    Or better yet, what are your first impressions?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

pretty sure the interview said Magneto was leading the young X-Men or at least mentoring. Also, im sure there are worse thing than Storm answering to Kitty, Colossus needs to put his damn pants back on. just my two cents. Im liking most of the designs ( for the Blue team at least)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By marvelfan1992

@koays OH MY GOD RACHEL IS BACK?!?! TIME FOR RACHEL TO GET SOME JUSTICE. She seems to be the only psychic they won't have her job anymore

but wtf is up with the look and the codename lol. They better make something of this or else...

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus need pants and he needs his beard back. I'm or crazy about his current costume in Extraordinary, but I like his beard.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Bummed out.

Place holder titles without ambition or interest.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZariusII

The 05 are a narrative nightmare....return them to the past and you either retcon all your Marvel history worse than OMD managed, or you erase their memories before they go and pretty much state to your readers that your investment in them was for nothing.

Keeping them in the present just means having to write then constantly out-of-character to justify them staying put and adjusting to "modern life"

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

As I said in a previous thread they had an opportunity to resurrect some of the dead X-Men. Cyke and Wolverine are my top 2 mutants and with the whole inhuman thing finally over and those two being so pertinent, and also we could have had the real Jean or Charles back as well. Let the Xmen be the xmen. Have your big players back, put them in more of a side role but have them back since all this garbage about the mists and post AvX stuff finally blow over. OML and Tyke ARE NOT the characters we grew up with.Teen Grey IS NOT Jean Grey. The 05 have been a failed concept, and if this is supposed to be a breath of life into a dead franchise they are going about it in a poor way. I'm hoping these other books can at least bring back some of the popular ones and not throw together a bunch of characters together and give them a classic title while expecting it to work.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Oh, thats supposed to be Rachel? How was I supposed to know that? It looks nothing like her.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I guess it is strange Storm magically grew her hair back. At least in the 80's they made an attempt to show she gradually grew her hair back over time albeit a short amount of time.

Also, I bet whoever designed the X-Men Blue costumes isn't even going to pretend like he didn't he just steal the Cylcops costume design from the concept art from the recent X-Men film. Shame guy.

No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Plain costume designs

Wasn't Kitty Pryde engaged to Star Lord?

Young X-Men suck (which Bobby is gay, young or adult or both?)

Give me back my Wolverine and Phoenix. 12 years Jean's been dead. The most prominent example of how comic book character deaths don't stick and she's still dead. She could become the leader and savior of the mutant race. We need her back.

We need a single team of X-Men. The Giant Size X-Men or original Uncanny X-Men need to return. A single super X-Men team where all the major mutant players exist:

-Wolverine, Jean Grey, Professor X, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Cyclops, Emma Frost, M, Rachel, Rogue, Psylocke, Forge, Gambit, Sunspot, Magik, X-23, Blink, any others

The roster of X-Men when World War Hulk attempted to taker Professor X. Now that was a team and awesome lineup.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's just a reboot of Extraordinary and All New. You know, I predicted this. I even wrote it down on this forum somewhere. Eh, at least Nightcrawler looks good again.

Yeah, I guess it is strange Storm magically grew her hair back. At least in the 80's they made an attempt to show she gradually grew her hair back over time albeit a short amount of time.

It's not the first time. In 2004 she went from having short hair in X-Treme X-Men to having long hair during the Astonishing redesign.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

It's not the first time. In 2004 she went from having short hair in X-Treme X-Men to having long hair during the Astonishing redesign.

She grew it back gradually again though. I recall several story arcs in X-Treme X-Men towards the end where she had longer hair.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She grew it back gradually again though. I recall several story arcs in X-Treme X-Men towards the end where she had longer hair.

You're right, it did become long again in X-Treme X-Men, but it wasn't gradually. It became long all at once after the "Storm and the Arena" story arc.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be honest I'm pretty excited for these titles.

I love X-men gold because it screams retro x-men and I love that iteration of the team.

I'm excited to read blue because Magneto gonna be mentoring them interested to see how Charles' and Erik's messages resonate with the young O5 mutants.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in X-Men Gold, but Blue looks terrible. I wish they just got rid of the Young-XMen and just bring back Jean. *sigh*

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

You're right, it did become long again in X-Treme X-Men, but it wasn't gradually. It became long all at once after the "Storm and the Arena" story arc.

Maybe it was a weave ;)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

Still looks better than blue and gold's hot mess.

You Sure About That? Because Bunn's Run Would Be Better Than What This @#$% Is. They Even Hired An All Gay Team To Not Only Say @#$% You To The Fans For Changing This Character But Saying That No Straight White Men Can Understand Anything About Diversity -_- .

Hmmm... Point taken. But this gold team is the worst trash I've seen since....ever. And that says a lot considering some of my favorite characters are in the lineup.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

We'll just have to see how it turns out...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll just have to see how it turns out...

I think I remember everyone saying the exact same thing with Extraordinary X-men and All-New X-men this time around.... :/
    At this point... I think it's safe to give readers enough credit to know BS when they see it.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@poisonfleur: It'll probably be sub-par, but it's not certain( I HOPE LOL)

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: That Cyclops costume has been floating around for a while. It was not just for the film.

No Caption Provided
    HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything new.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they give jean and rachel time to interact

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: So they're going to focus on a character trait that didn't even exist over two years ago. Cuz yeah, that's what fans wanted in an Iceman solo.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

MY 1st impressions was that this is all yet more garbage from Marvel. Really can't understand why they keep pushing the O5. One of the editors claimed that they made Iceman gay because of what the fans were saying......So if that's true, then on most boards and most comic shops I've been in, hell even in response to the news stories that ran in the national newspaper many are against this. Additionally now many if not most that I at least come across want the O5 gone......so yeah Marvel listen to the fans on the internet like you claim you did when decided to just disregard and scrap 50+ years of storytelling

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: So they're going to focus on a character trait that didn't even exist over two years ago. Cuz yeah, that's what fans wanted in an Iceman solo.

Thing Is They Could've Focused More On Ice Man's Life And What He Powers Can Do Instead Of Just Doing This Whole Stunt Bendis Did. I'm Not A Homphobe. Nobody Here Is. Okay. But If The Writer Of The Last X-Me Run Just Hinted, Foreshadowed, Or Builded Up Bobby's Outing We Would've Found Some Clues About This. And Not Only That But Those Fan Theories People Put Out Were Mostly (And I'm Going To Say This Nicely To You Guys) Just Complete Misunderstandings About His Heterosexuality And His Relationships With His Lovers Which Were Not Only Problematic Due To His Immaturity And A Bit Of His Recklessness But More On What They Lovers Themselves Have Done So It's Not Entirely His Fault On This. Also The Guy Mostly Had Troubles With His Powers And Him Being A Mutant Than His Sexuality .

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

MY 1st impressions was that this is all yet more garbage from Marvel. Really can't understand why they keep pushing the O5. One of the editors claimed that they made Iceman gay because of what the fans were saying......So if that's true, then on most boards and most comic shops I've been in, hell even in response to the news stories that ran in the national newspaper many are against this. Additionally now many if not most that I at least come across want the O5 gone......so yeah Marvel listen to the fans on the internet like you claim you did when decided to just disregard and scrap 50+ years of storytelling

Also These Fan Theories People Put Out Were Junk Because Most Of Those Were Just Complete Misunderstandings Of His Relationships And Powers. His Relationships Were Not Only Due To His Immaturity And Reckless Behaviour But Mostly Due To What The Lovers Themselves Have Done. Maybe There Were Hints Here And There And Maybe He's Always Had These Issue But They've Could've Been Done Better And They Really Could've Made The Guy Bi Which Would've Been A More Smart And Probably Interesting Route.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays OH MY GOD RACHEL IS BACK?!?! TIME FOR RACHEL TO GET SOME JUSTICE. She seems to be the only psychic they won't have her job anymore

but wtf is up with the look and the codename lol. They better make something of this or else...

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Bendis is a tumblr dweller, for him this is the fandom lmao His following trolls there kept bombarding him with the "evidence" that Iceman is closeted to which one day he responded with something in that vein:

"You guys made some strong case towards Iceman's sexuality. To be continued..."

I think that I saw that page screen here on the vine actually. But ain't that twisted? They say "the evidence was there all along" which means there was a consistent and intentional drive behind that, and then we see that post where Bandis basically confirms this was all news to him as he himself wasn't eve aware of such evidence meaning the X-office never even acknowledged such "evidence". But evidence was there all along they say...

sigh.....

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
    @hawk2916 said:

Bendis is a tumblr dweller, for him this is the fandom lmao His following trolls there kept bombarding him with the "evidence" that Iceman is closeted to which one day he responded with something in that vein:

"You guys made some strong case towards Iceman's sexuality. To be continued..."

I think that I saw that page screen here on the vine actually. But ain't that twisted? They say "the evidence was there all along" which means there was a consistent and intentional drive behind that, and then we see that post where Bandis basically confirms this was all news to him as he himself wasn't eve aware of such evidence meaning the X-office never even acknowledged such "evidence". But evidence was there all along they say...

sigh.....

Should've Let Someone Else Handle The Third Act. Bendis Is Too Lazy To Look At Their Histories And Other Research . -__-

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: That Cyclops costume has been floating around for a while. It was not just for the film.

Hmmm.. Interdasting.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I better at least give Blue an honest chance since a lot of my favorites are technically in the book.

In regard to Gold, I don't mind Kitty leading (though I really do not have a soft spot for her), but I agree that it is a massive step back costume and roster-wise. I prefer Storm with longer hair but the mohawk thing seems to be more of a Storm-fan preference - I am still hoping for the more big hair, textured hair version to resemble a cloud but I guess I will be waiting forever.. I'm glad Rachel gets to be on a cover for a bit. Countdown to how long we have until she is replaced with Magik or someone else. This is like the bland approach to building an X-Men roster - everyone on it has already been explored so not sure what this lineup brings to the table besides recycled character relationships.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By poisonfleur

I guess I better at least give Blue an honest chance since a lot of my favorites are technically in the book.

In regard to Gold, I don't mind Kitty leading (though I really do not have a soft spot for her), but I agree that it is a massive step back costume and roster-wise. I prefer Storm with longer hair but the mohawk thing seems to be more of a Storm-fan preference - I am still hoping for the more big hair, textured hair version to resemble a cloud but I guess I will be waiting forever.. I'm glad Rachel gets to be on a cover for a bit. Countdown to how long we have until she is replaced with Magik or someone else. This is like the bland approach to building an X-Men roster - everyone on it has already been explored so not sure what this lineup brings to the table besides recycled character relationships.

Yeah i need the mohawk. But big volume hair like you posted would be a nice change of pace. HECK even dreadlocks.... I'm tierd of the the goddess tiara and straight hair. It's getting dated..... Storm is a fashionista. Stop recycling her outfits back to old knock-off looks and pretending it's original. I LOVED That headmistress outfit. It should have stayed.

Rachel looks like a hot mess. She looks like Shi'ar knock-off.. It looks terrible. Her last costume was PERFECT too! IMO, Everyone's Marvel NOW costumes were great! But every writer feels this desperate need to change things..

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old man logan does not fit in. They would need the original Wolverine in his yellow or tan costume to find in with those designs.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I was initially surprised that Kitty was leading but it looks like Storm is the one who chose to step down and asked Kitty to take over. If this was done ina way that respect Ororo then I am gme to see how it goes.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Jean is in college. Retcon would be the route, by a plot-device. Ya know, the type everyone seemingly hates?

@poisonfleur: Jean is leading the X-Team and Magneto is the Xaivier type mentor of the group, not a lackey as you think.

@Stahlflamme: She strangely doesn't have her hound tags, so I don't blame ya.

@ursaber: Please, the simpler, the better. These seem like throw backs to the classic X-Men. I like it. Both Icemen are gay. The O5 definitely need a good writer. I miss the real Jean though. She technically isn't dead. You can enter the White Hot Room with out having to die ya know. That is exactly what she did in Endsong. She has been there ever since.

@poisonfleur: What's so bad about them? Is it the costume design for Rachel? It does look weird to me, but she strangely looks more heroic, plus I like the mask and red colors. Kitty running the team is strange though. Is it that Guggenheim is writing?

@TristanHeron: At least it will be in an official comic, rather than promo art. XD

@darthphoenix: That is, if they don't run away like last time. :P

RaunJisto: Hey, might as well roll with it. They clearly wanted it to happen. Otherwise they would have just let it be forgotten and retconned, as much as most fans would like it to be.

@Hawk2916: Minor pieces of the fandom's are rather vocal little buggers.

@koays: You better be not be trying to leave this world so soon. I just got here and I don't trust these. We will suffer as a fandom together. Those who will read will spread the word on how good, or bad, the books are.

@THUNDERBOLT30: Agreed. I also like how her costume is reminiscent of her older looks. Nothing new, but nothing outdated, IMO. Besides, I am very sure Storm will be quite vocal towards Kitty's decisions and will be second in command if Kitty is unavailable or incapable.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Please, the simpler, the better. These seem like throw backs to the classic X-Men. I like it. Both Icemen are gay. The O5 definitely need a good writer. I miss the real Jean though. She technically isn't dead. You can enter the White Hot Room with out having to die ya know. That is exactly what she did in Endsong. She has been there ever since.

I couldn't care less about the young time displaced X-Men. I really don't like some of these younger heroes save for Laura Kinney and Miles. I wish Marvel stopped dealing with time travel and alternate dimensions and just focus on more grounded stories. Old Man Logan, Young X-Men, Miles Morales, Gwenpool, Spider Gwen and all those alternate dimension and time displaced characters should just go away, back to their own times. Cable only visits the present sometimes but then he goes back to his future. As for the real Jean (Greatest Marvel Heroine) she can come back anytime she wants. She has the power of Resurrection. No matter how many times she dies she will always come back if she desires it. I hope she comes back with her powers completely under control and her return book can focus on her getting her humanity back.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Hi. Im Koays. Benevolent Mutant God-King and deranged leader of the X-Boards. I'd first like to welcome you to the forum, we needmore good posters for our boards. Second, PUCK THESE CONCEPTS...i swear i was more positive about the mutant killing mist of death then i am about this stuff. You guys suffer through this all you want...ill be practicing my death pose for when i leap headfirst from my mountain throne to avoid the new #1s

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: You are partially right about Cable. He goes through time back and forth. He can't exactly go back to his timeline due to the X-Men always changing it. Jean technically never died in Endsong. A person can enter the M'Kraan Crystal into the White Hot Room without having to die. I miss her though.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay....

Kitty leading Storm?

Young Jean leading Magneto?

AND THESE COSTUMES!!! NOOOOO....

Marvel NOW! had the X-men in some BRILLIANT and progressive costume designs... But everything post Secret Wars, costume-wise, seems to be taken down a peg.. And now with Blue/Gold, these.... terribly recycled outfits. Where is Storm's Mohawk?? Why does Rachel look like a Shi'ar rejected? There is sooo much wrong already with this first impression.

I was super excited about this, but now.. not so much. I'm only reading 2 X-books (+OldManLogan), but may drop the series altogether.

And before ANYONE says give it a chance, I've been reading Extraordinary X-men and Uncanny X-men and they basically ended up as expected, direction-wise. Lately the X-men feel like Marvel's bastard child. :<

And I'm bummed because this had SOOO much potential!

Who else isn't impressed?

Or better yet, what are your first impressions?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Gold has a decent roster and a terrible creative team. Blue has a decent creative team and a terrible roster.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just here sipping tea, meh, I'll follow Jean with Bunn/Hopeless, and Rachel in Gold. Just glad my fave characters are still around

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PyroFN

@koays: Thank ya for the welcome. I get most of my comic knowledge from you guys. (Mostly from lordofallhumans and lordorucalus for Jean knowledge.) I learned a lot from you guys, so I may or may not be aware of who some of you are.

As for the Second.......OK. That is what some of us are here for. To keep tabs on this stuff so you don't. I am always willing to judge fairly for new writers. (Not necessarily new up and coming, but as in the next writer's turn.) Meanwhile, at least Rachel still lives and has some more stories ahead. I can tell you will be watching closely to what happens.

@del_torro: iIs that suppose to be your Emma fan impression, dear? Cuz' that is what the Emma fans at the Marvel Heroes forums do. Classy people and all around fun.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel looks like a hot mess. She looks like Shi'ar knock-off.. It looks terrible. Her last costume was PERFECT too! IMO, Everyone's Marvel NOW costumes were great! But every writer feels this desperate need to change things..

That costume reminds me of Jean's AOA outfit in some respects. Less cool, though.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good riddance to the mohawk.

I like Jean Grey costume a bit since it resembles her New X-men jacket look.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

That costume reminds me of Jean's AOA outfit in some respects. Less cool, though.

No. She looks more like Gladiator than Gladiator looks like Gladiator..... That's impressive. Way to break out of Jean's shadow, Rachel. lol

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.