Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

As an X-fan do you feel Marvel and Disney are treating you unfairly?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I wan to know what the X-fans feel on this topic. And if they were able, would they spend more money on X-products if Marvel/Disney did things differently?

Or

Do you think everything is fine just the way it is....?

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@poisonfleur: I haven't really felt out in the cold like i hear a lot of people saying Disney has done. Their was a line of action figures that came out awhile back for the legends series. Never had problem getting new collectibles. Did i feel Disney was focusing on properties they owned? Yes, they were and that was obvious. Do i hate them for it? No, i mean Xmen were the center of the marvel universe for a long time. I don't think they should do a complete black out like they did by getting rid of wolverine and cyclops and other mutants from the Iconic Marvel Poster with bunch of characters.

They are starting to bring out for more X themed merchandise. So maybe we will start seeing more stuff moving forward then we have been seeing. I doubt we will see crossing over merch like a shirt with Avengers shirt with Rogue or Wolverine on the team as well.

Comic wise never saw what everyone was freaking out about. Were they trying to promote the Inhumans? Yes, were they trying to kill of the Xmen? No, Xmen same shoes all the time almost getting wiped out by some deadly threat to them Before and after Disney got Marvel. If anything i feel the Xmen have been crossing over more in the comics with other non Xmen books more often now. Then they did back before Disney.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I haven't really felt out in the cold like i hear a lot of people saying Disney has done. Their was a line of action figures that came out awhile back for the legends series. Never had problem getting new collectibles. Did i feel Disney was focusing on properties they owned? Yes, they were and that was obvious. Do i hate them for it? No, i mean Xmen were the center of the marvel universe for a long time. I don't think they should do a complete black out like they did by getting rid of wolverine and cyclops and other mutants from the Iconic Marvel Poster with bunch of characters.

They are starting to bring out for more X themed merchandise. So maybe we will start seeing more stuff moving forward then we have been seeing. I doubt we will see crossing over merch like a shirt with Avengers shirt with Rogue or Wolverine on the team as well.

Comic wise never saw what everyone was freaking out about. Were they trying to promote the Inhumans? Yes, were they trying to kill of the Xmen? No, Xmen same shoes all the time almost getting wiped out by some deadly threat to them Before and after Disney got Marvel. If anything i feel the Xmen have been crossing over more in the comics with other non Xmen books more often now. Then they did back before Disney.

Well considering how the Fantastic Four have been treated I think some have legitimate right to be worried. I also feel the The authors aren't exactly listening to their audience's-- when before there was a bit more listening to input. It seems like the X-men never seem to have cred in the marvel universe anymore-- I know it's ALLLL about the Avengers, but the X-men feel like Marvel's version of Teen Titans now-- As opposed to being on par with Gotham/Batman's world in popularity.

I also feel the cut back in merchandise is unncessary. Espcially when you know people enjoy your comics. Like the MVC4 rumors and lack of X-men shows is a prime example of how I feel marginalized. And you would think Marvel would hold it's X-men and Spiderman fans closer considering WE saved them. Not the Avengers. Not the Inhumans. Not the Gaurdians. Not the Defenders.

I mean... if you aren't an Avenegers or Inhumans fan... Marvel has become a crappy place some readers. Especially when the plot CLEARLY moves around the X-men history in favor of Whatever Marvel wishes to promote at the time...: AvX/Rachel and Civil War II/And the X-men having people that could see into the future and the Terrigen Mists and how they never were toxic to mutants before....

Putting all of this together it can make some feel like they're being picked on.

GigaBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, mostly cause what I really want is X-men video games. I still have my comics and I know there's still a few toys out there. Never been much of a toy collector once I grew up though. Only video game out there right now I can really play as an X-Man in is Marvel Heroes on the PC, which is a great game. But its so disappointing that the GOOD new games no longer have X-Men. I would have sunk a lot of time and money into Future Fight if it had X-Men in it. The mobile Champions game is rather boring, even though it has my favorite character of all Juggernaut in it. It also seems that all the newly hyped stuff has no X-Men in sight, which basically is making it a non buy for me. I won't be getting the new MvC4, a series that got popular because of X-men characters, and though the Square Enix stuff looks cool, I might not buy it because it saddens me not to have the X-Men. I bought stuff like the Ultimate Alliance games because of the X-Men.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I want the X-men gone from Marvel completely. I want them over at Image, Valiant or Dark Horse. Somebody that will appreciate them and focus on them instead of using them as a springboard or doormat more like, for other franchises.

So I would say yes they have been mistreated by Marvel

GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I don't think they're being mistreated, X-Men have plenty of series out right now. We don't need twenty X-books like we did in the nineties.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Yassassin

If you mean quantity wise, sure, even not including Wade, there's a decent amount of X-Men books. I mean they're all shitty, but they exist.

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly? Yes.When was the last time the X-Men had something animated? Was it Wolverine and the X-Men or the X-Men anime? I noticed the Avengers had their animated movies made. I think the first one was when the Avengers fight the hulk, the second was them finding Black Panther and the last one was with the children of the Avengers fighting Ultron. I know on Netflix they had a 3D animated move of the hulk and iron man. I'd love to watch and/or purchase something with the X-Men in it but alas...it doesn't exist nowadays. I notice the statues coming out tend to be Avengers characters with some even being modeled after the movie counterparts. I'd love a Phoenix 5 Cyclops statue but doesn't exist. Honestly I know Disney is behind what is made or not and their is a HUGE push for the avengers, guardians of the galaxy, etc.

I like video games and I would love to play classics like X-Men vs Street Fighter, X-Men Legends (1+2), etc. however they are likely not to be rereleased with a HD remaster. Since these are PS1 and PS2 games I would have to go out of my way to find a way to play them on the new tvs because using the composite cables doesn't work because of...reasons? I think I would need a converter or something. I think the last X-Men game to come out was X-Men Destiny on the PS3/360 and in that game you couldn't play as any of the X-Men.

Back when Marvel vs Capcom 3 was announced fan favorites like Gambit, Cyclops, Iceman, Juggernaut, etc. weren't included and instead put in characters nobody really asked for like shehulk, nova, M.O.D.A.R.K. and (surprise surprise) rocket racoon. If I remember correctly Capcom said something along the lines of Marvel was "hard to work with" when it came to getting characters the fans wanted. I didn't think much of it back then because you didn't have to know all the "behind the scenes stuff" during the development of a game but you do now. I seen they released Marvel vs Capcom Origins (which is currently unavailable to download due to licensing issues) but it didn't include X-Men vs Street Fighter and that was LITERALLY the game to start the Marvel vs Capcom series. Not to mention removing things from digital distribution due to "licensing issues" like they did with the DLC for Marvel ultimate Alliance 2 and Deadpool the game when they took it off of digital distribution.

This is only made worse by the announcement of Marvel vs Capcom 4 and Marvel's decision to focus on characters from the MCU and potentially screw the X-Men from a video game series they helped jump start and I think Square Enix was going to make some Avenger's games. Once again where da X-Men at in all this? Not everything has to be tied to the MCU. The MCU is going to make money because comic fans will support the comic book films just so they can continue being made. Many people aren't even aware that different movie studios own the different marvel IPs. The X-Men having a few animated features, video games, etc. isn't even hurting the MCU because (unless I'm mistaken) Fox just owns the "movie rights" to the X-Men and Disney owns the rest. Fox doesn't get 100% of the profit from X-Men products but I think they get a percentage of it.

So yes as an X-Men fan I feel as though I'm being punished for liking the X-Men because Fox has the movie rights. Knowing that when I read comics or play video games that the MCU dictates what characters are included/excluded or which games are made. This is Disney being greedy simple and plain. Disney owns the iconic Disney characters, Marvel characters AND Star Wars characters. Disney has a monopoly on childhoods lol Disney is not hurting for money. Disney has it's own freakin' city in Florida where people have to apply to live there. So Disney shafting the X-Men to spite Fox is childish and only hurts fans of the Marvel brand in general who enjoy/support Marvel characters they like regardless of what company owns the movie rights. This is why it mind boggling that people are defending Disney's decision to shaft the X-Men, Fantastic 4, etc.

Honestly I think that some fans are unaware that "movies based on comic books" are what is popular and not "comic books" themselves are popular. Despite all the comic book movies as of late I have talked to 2 people that were shocked that comics still existed.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It is unfair how they stopped pushing them as their #1 team in favor of Avengers, even though Avengers have never been as popular.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@invain said:

It is unfair how they stopped pushing them as their #1 team in favor of Avengers, even though Avengers have never been as popular.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, times change and so do people's tastes. I absolutely do not mind Xmen no longer being top dog. Heck, if I had my way 80% of the characters would be killed, just because there are bazillions of them now. That being said, I would like better showings from them in future events though. And please, someone fire Bendis.

Avatar image for deactivated-598aab95b6c09
    deactivated-598aab95b6c09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, everyone's losing with current Marvel. Sure, the X-Men have taken a blow, and the F4 and their mythos has been brutalized, but it's not like the other characters are safe. After the MCU launched, Iron Man became a poor RDJ immitation, especially after Fraction left the title. Currently, Tony is in a coma, so that Bendis' Pet can headline her own solo by hijacking the name. Meanwhile, Steve is literally a whole new character, Falcon instead of getting a solo became B-Rate Cap, Banner is dead, and Thor got his name stolen. And there's more: Bucky lost all of his depth and is now hanging with C-Listers, Doctor Strange became Magic Stark and lost all of his unique qualities, Hawkeye is being treated like the kid nobody wants (meanwhile, Kate is DA BEST YOOOO!111!11) Can ya digz it), Black Panther is having his mythos destroyed in the altar of "intelligent writting", and Spider-Man is just... bad. The Guardians are nothing more than a parody... Really, nobody is safe in the MCU-Dominated World...

Now, let's shift to the X-Men specifically: They're just getting a relaunch, one that's being marketed as a return to the basics, but most of the major mutants are missing, alongside many fan favourites. X-Men Gold has the better team but the worse writer, while Blue has the better writer but the worse team. Weapon X seems promising, so we'll see. Deadpool, Wolverine & OML are moving on as usual. Then we have NXM, Iceman & Cable. Apart from the missing mutants, the dead aren't that many: Logan, Xavier, Cyclops, Jean & Madrox. There are more, but you get the point. Compared to the wider Marvel U, they ain't that many. At least the line is relatively small and cohesive, so the threat of crossovers, relaunches and whatnot ain't that great. But it's not "tiny". It's about the same as the Avengers line (Main book, Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Uncanny, USA). Really, the problem IMO, is the fact that the relaunch has been poorly handled. The teams are poorly thought-out, IvX was a bad move, and it generally doesn't feel like a Rebirth. If it was up to me, I'd do something like this:

Team Books: Uncanny X-Men (the main, sci-fi-esque book), New X-Men (the younglings, plus some teachers, as the sociopolitical book), X-Factor (Government Team) & X-Force (Black Ops)

Solos: Deadpool, Wolverine, Captain Britain (& Excalibur), Magneto (& The Brotherhood), Mr. Sinister (Mad Science!), Storm

But generally, times change. The X-Men were the top dogs for way too long. Letting other characters take the spotlight for a while isn't bad. If anything, it's Marvel's awful "launch -> wait 6 months -> relaunch" model that really hurts the line, and hell, any other line. That, plus the genre diversity.

There's this though: So there might be some hope...

Plus this little tidbit: Who knows though?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Both of these are unfair. Disney AND Marvel are both garbage for trying to re-write my childhood.

Wasn't the Joke supposed to say "I'm gonna come to your house and rip up all your X-men comics"? So now Marvel is ignoring that the X-men are popular too... Wow.. Petty.

Thank God for Saga still doing good.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By poisonfleur

Yes, mostly cause what I really want is X-men video games. I still have my comics and I know there's still a few toys out there. Never been much of a toy collector once I grew up though. Only video game out there right now I can really play as an X-Man in is Marvel Heroes on the PC, which is a great game. But its so disappointing that the GOOD new games no longer have X-Men. I would have sunk a lot of time and money into Future Fight if it had X-Men in it. The mobile Champions game is rather boring, even though it has my favorite character of all Juggernaut in it. It also seems that all the newly hyped stuff has no X-Men in sight, which basically is making it a non buy for me. I won't be getting the new MvC4, a series that got popular because of X-men characters, and though the Square Enix stuff looks cool, I might not buy it because it saddens me not to have the X-Men. I bought stuff like the Ultimate Alliance games because of the X-Men.

Honestly? Yes.When was the last time the X-Men had something animated? Was it Wolverine and the X-Men or the X-Men anime? I noticed the Avengers had their animated movies made. I think the first one was when the Avengers fight the hulk, the second was them finding Black Panther and the last one was with the children of the Avengers fighting Ultron. I know on Netflix they had a 3D animated move of the hulk and iron man. I'd love to watch and/or purchase something with the X-Men in it but alas...it doesn't exist nowadays. I notice the statues coming out tend to be Avengers characters with some even being modeled after the movie counterparts. I'd love a Phoenix 5 Cyclops statue but doesn't exist. Honestly I know Disney is behind what is made or not and their is a HUGE push for the avengers, guardians of the galaxy, etc.

I like video games and I would love to play classics like X-Men vs Street Fighter, X-Men Legends (1+2), etc. however they are likely not to be rereleased with a HD remaster. Since these are PS1 and PS2 games I would have to go out of my way to find a way to play them on the new tvs because using the composite cables doesn't work because of...reasons? I think I would need a converter or something. I think the last X-Men game to come out was X-Men Destiny on the PS3/360 and in that game you couldn't play as any of the X-Men.

Back when Marvel vs Capcom 3 was announced fan favorites like Gambit, Cyclops, Iceman, Juggernaut, etc. weren't included and instead put in characters nobody really asked for like shehulk, nova, M.O.D.A.R.K. and (surprise surprise) rocket racoon. If I remember correctly Capcom said something along the lines of Marvel was "hard to work with" when it came to getting characters the fans wanted. I didn't think much of it back then because you didn't have to know all the "behind the scenes stuff" during the development of a game but you do now. I seen they released Marvel vs Capcom Origins (which is currently unavailable to download due to licensing issues) but it didn't include X-Men vs Street Fighter and that was LITERALLY the game to start the Marvel vs Capcom series. Not to mention removing things from digital distribution due to "licensing issues" like they did with the DLC for Marvel ultimate Alliance 2 and Deadpool the game when they took it off of digital distribution.

This is only made worse by the announcement of Marvel vs Capcom 4 and Marvel's decision to focus on characters from the MCU and potentially screw the X-Men from a video game series they helped jump start and I think Square Enix was going to make some Avenger's games. Once again where da X-Men at in all this? Not everything has to be tied to the MCU. The MCU is going to make money because comic fans will support the comic book films just so they can continue being made. Many people aren't even aware that different movie studios own the different marvel IPs. The X-Men having a few animated features, video games, etc. isn't even hurting the MCU because (unless I'm mistaken) Fox just owns the "movie rights" to the X-Men and Disney owns the rest. Fox doesn't get 100% of the profit from X-Men products but I think they get a percentage of it.

So yes as an X-Men fan I feel as though I'm being punished for liking the X-Men because Fox has the movie rights. Knowing that when I read comics or play video games that the MCU dictates what characters are included/excluded or which games are made. This is Disney being greedy simple and plain. Disney owns the iconic Disney characters, Marvel characters AND Star Wars characters. Disney has a monopoly on childhoods lol Disney is not hurting for money. Disney has it's own freakin' city in Florida where people have to apply to live there. So Disney shafting the X-Men to spite Fox is childish and only hurts fans of the Marvel brand in general who enjoy/support Marvel characters they like regardless of what company owns the movie rights. This is why it mind boggling that people are defending Disney's decision to shaft the X-Men, Fantastic 4, etc.

Honestly I think that some fans are unaware that "movies based on comic books" are what is popular and not "comic books" themselves are popular. Despite all the comic book movies as of late I have talked to 2 people that were shocked that comics still existed.

FINALLY PEOPLE WHO GET IT! Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy when I feel like I'm the only one who notices this stuff!!! I would be throwing all my money at Marvel/Disney now if they gave the X-men more media an merchandise. HECK Even re-releases!!! But I guess my money isn't good enough...

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. How many mutants have their own solo title compared to avengers?

Avengers films have more budget than x-men films.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

@darthphoenix said:

Yes. How many mutants have their own solo title compared to avengers?

Avengers films have more budget than x-men films.

Off the top of my head....

X-men:

X-23

Old Man Logan

Deadpool

Avengers:

Ms. Marvel

Captain Marvel

Iron Man

Captain America - Steve

All New Captain America - Sam

Thor

Doctor Strange

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

Black Panther

Gamora

Hulk/Shehulk

Totally Awesome Hulk

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Patsy Walker a.k.a. HellCat

Wasp

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Mocking Bird

Spider-woman

Squirrel Girl

--and it wouldn't surprise me if Avengers films had a bigger budget with Disney than X-men do with Fox.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure. On the one hand, I'm finding it ridiculously hard to find good X-Men merchandising, aka posters or pics. On the other, one of the head game directors have spoken of plans for the X-Men due to Resurrexion. Resurrexion seems to be the big reason I'm in expectation of more X-Men stuff.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

I'm not sure. On the one hand, I'm finding it ridiculously hard to find good X-Men merchandising, aka posters or pics. On the other, one of the head game directors have spoken of plans for the X-Men due to Resurrexion. Resurrexion seems to be the big reason I'm in expectation of more X-Men stuff.

That sounds nice... but doesn't resurrexion seem just bland... Like it seems like someone's desperate wish to relive the 80s X-men in 2017 and throw the O5 into that mix... I'm not exactly happy. I want to see 2017 X-men Marvel NOW was a on a GREAT path-- despite it's faults. But mostly everything post secret wars has been rough. Granted Extraordinary X-men got better despite it's rough start.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: That's not what I've seen. Everyone hated the path they were on. 'All-New, All-Different' with next no changes. Horrible story plot devices, aka the cloud and the Inhuman in Civil War whose name already escapes me. As far as what I've heard, everyone wanted things to be back as they used to be. A little flawed in logic, but its what they wanted.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@poisonfleur: That's not what I've seen. Everyone hated the path they were on. 'All-New, All-Different' with next no changes. Horrible story plot devices, aka the cloud and the Inhuman in Civil War whose name already escapes me. As far as what I've heard, everyone wanted things to be back as they used to be. A little flawed in logic, but its what they wanted.

I know everyone didn't like Bendis in Marvel NOW! for bringing the O5 in for no reason or plan. But we still have the O5 here just recycling the X-factor look. :/

Marevl Now had a good run with Magneto, Storm, XX-men, and hit or miss Uncanny X-men.

I liked Wolverine and the X-men, but I know for a fact, I may have been the only one. At least give us the newer costumes back..... this 80s look is dated. Colossus still has NO PANTS!!! Am I the only one who seems to be bothered by this downgrade. If character can't grow, what's the point of reading? We may as well read our 80s comics over and over again....

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know if it wasn't for Disney I wounder just how many of these characters would be creative commons...

Ultimately I'm kind of glad Fox has the X-man license... While the movies aren't perfect they seem to be having fun with them.

and did you really want the current marvel writing new X-man comics? I mean know that they are trying to distance themselves from the cancer maybe... but I'm sure they could have done plenty of damage.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adamTRMM

As it was mentioned above, Marvel is generally having struggle with telling good stories now, so it's not exclusive to X-men.

Let's be fair, when Avengers were given to Hickman, X-men were given to Bendis. Just because the former was lightyears better than the latter ISN'T a corporate agenda, it's either a creative failure or success by each of the writers. I mean, do you really think that Marvel will let their poster boy a franchise they don't want to sell? That's ridiculous.

The shoehorning of inhumans into X-books though, that was intentional trolling of the highest degree, which we, fans, probably brought on ourselves with the "inhumans are coming to replace us!!!" persecution complex crap. But even then, the second they saw it hurts the sales, they rushed with IvX, to which Soule wasn't even ready judging by his books, and probably the announcement of Resurrexion changed in at least some ways whatever Lemire was cooking since his own past stories aren't in sync with what happens now, probably in a way try not to alienate more people from them, backing off from depicting "Cyclops as Hitler" bullshit. Anyway, comic-wise, I don't believe they're trying to hurt the X-men. They aren't the main priority anymore, sure, but that's a given with Avengers being front and center of a much bigger and influential movieverse. That's not the reason to be butthurt, really. Now, everything outside of the comics, that's a whole different discussion where the compleX is totally on point.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I don't see them recycling the X-Factor look. I see a blend of the X-Factor look with some New X-Men. Looks good in my opinion.

As far as Marvel Now!, Magneto and Storm's were said to be good (I didn't read), but Uncanny was bad in the end. Hit or miss? That did not matter when the conclusion was literally nothing happening.

80's look being dated? By such logic, every work inspired by past work would be dated, including your Mohawk look. They aren't by any stretch. Nostalgia, perhaps, but it works, even on you with the Mohawk. Colossus not whering pants was originally supposed to be like that in metal form and pants magically appearing in human form. Logic? No, but that is where your pants should be located. I hear more complaints about Rachel and Kitty's hair. Not a single peep about the others.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@poisonfleur: I don't see them recycling the X-Factor look. I see a blend of the X-Factor look with some New X-Men. Looks good in my opinion.

As far as Marvel Now!, Magneto and Storm's were said to be good (I didn't read), but Uncanny was bad in the end. Hit or miss? That did not matter when the conclusion was literally nothing happening.

80's look being dated? By such logic, every work inspired by past work would be dated, including your Mohawk look. They aren't by any stretch. Nostalgia, perhaps, but it works, even on you with the Mohawk. Colossus not whering pants was originally supposed to be like that in metal form and pants magically appearing in human form. Logic? No, but that is where your pants should be located. I hear more complaints about Rachel and Kitty's hair. Not a single peep about the others.

1) What...that basically what I just said. Recycled X-factor or Modernized X-factor.

2) Point taken.

3) A mohawk isn't exclusive to the 80s. Punk Storm and Headmistress/MarvelNOW! Storm are COMPLETELY different visually Punk Rebel Vs. Elegant (Borderline Regal) Headmistress. ...I don't see how you can determine that all from a Mohawk. Many women have Mohawks nowdays (Rihanna, Milley, and other Fashion Models.) Also Mohawks don't necessarily = punk.

4) The sheer fact that you have heard complaints about almost every costume should be troubling and show that the visuals are on the wrong track. Try and deny if you will, but if you are feeling more opening minded, you should more of CV's X-forums. The overall first impressions on visuals aren't exactly positive.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: 1) No mention of New X-Men, thought that is nitpicking. Retracting comment.

2) Hey, give my point back! :P

3) All this women mention always seek attention via shocking the audience. I liked the Elegance of the Marvel Now, but the Mohawk was unnecessary, IMO. Very hard to take her seriously as a leader.

4) Not positive, or negative. More nonchalant, with exception to Rachel. She got everyone barking mad. Sorry @koays.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, just around the time this thread was made, I hear a rumor of a new X-Men cartoon in the works. XD

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: *walks in* *starts to formulate elegant response about how unnecessary and often unwanted X-Men solos tend to be when compared books about X-teams* *thinks about Rachels costume* *walks out*

GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a comic fan yes

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Well, if you are going somewhere then please drop this package off to the post office on your way to the pit of shame and depression.:P

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Koays

@pyrofn: ......

....its a mountain.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes i think if marvel doesnt cater to every x-fans itemized list of merchandise then marvel is purposely sinking the property.

You know what i think fans really need to be concerned about instead of video games, cartoons and xmen onesies pajamas is just how mediocre the books have become since the first marvel now. Bunn, bendis, wood, lemire all their stories are lack luster and boring. They make chuck austen look like a literary god on par with claremont.

I think it is a great diservice to readers and the characters that the only thing they can do is put them on the brink over and over. Or keep them in a static world that fears and hates them but loves spider-man.

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Both of these are unfair. Disney AND Marvel are both garbage for trying to re-write my childhood.

Wasn't the Joke supposed to say "I'm gonna come to your house and rip up all your X-men comics"? So now Marvel is ignoring that the X-men are popular too... Wow.. Petty.

Things like this is what really makes it seem like Marvel was trying to sweep the X-Men under the rug. I remember seeing that shirt before. Funny that Iron Fist, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, and Luke Cage weren't even involved in Secret Wars.

Here is the original cover of She-Hulk.

No Caption Provided

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By poisonfleur

@pyrofn said:

@poisonfleur: 1) No mention of New X-Men, thought that is nitpicking. Retracting comment.

2) Hey, give my point back! :P

3) All this women mention always seek attention via shocking the audience. I liked the Elegance of the Marvel Now, but the Mohawk was unnecessary, IMO. Very hard to take her seriously as a leader.

4) Not positive, or negative. More nonchalant, with exception to Rachel. She got everyone barking mad. Sorry @koays.

3) I feel the exact opposite. The tiara just feels 'dated' now. I feel many commanding women edgy looks now days. Like Sombra from Overwatch for example. That's how I see it. This current look in Gold just feels like Storm is the sixth memeber of the O5.....

4) On that note. Whatever is happening to Rachel at the moment is FanFiction to me and will be discarded by the next writer. Didn't we learn our lesson with multiple codenames and crappy cheesy space costumes after Kitty's fiasco?????

---Ugh...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@msselene said:
    @poisonfleur said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Things like this is what really makes it seem like Marvel was trying to sweep the X-Men under the rug. I remember seeing that shirt before. Funny that Iron Fist, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, and Luke Cage weren't even involved in Secret Wars.

Here is the original cover of She-Hulk.

No Caption Provided

This is complete b00ty-ju!ce on Marvel and Disney's be half. It's the ultimate Slap in the face to the fans that have supported them all these years. It's one of the main reasons I don't pick up any other Marvel titles anymore aside from X-men. I'm not going to help them profit as they cactus-fVck my childhood. Nope!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PyroFN

@poisonfleur: 1) That's a shame because women don't need to look edgy to be commanding or intimidating. Just look at Amanda Waller (pre- New-52). Captain Marvel is another example, along with female Thor.

'And she looks like the sixth member of the O5'.......That doesn't make sense to me. How does she look like their sixth member?

2) Based on Jeans history, Kitty Prydes history, and Carol Danvers history, nope. :P

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@poisonfleur: 1) That's a shame because women don't need to look edgy to be commanding or intimidating. Just look at Amanda Waller (pre- New-52). Captain Marvel is another example, along with female Thor.

'And she looks like the sixth member of the O5'.......That doesn't make sense to me. How does she look like their sixth member?

2) Based on Jeans history, Kitty Prydes history, and Carol Danvers history, nope. :P

1) What are you saying? Carol got a Mohawk too! I don't get where you are going with this.. And there is nothing wrong with her Marvel NOW look. It was elegant, edgy, commanding, regal, and classy. Just perfect. One of the most interesting parts about Storm is that she always came different and totally unique. Where the gold fails imo is that aside from being painfully retro, it's taking away from Storm's originality. About half of her costumes are just ICONIC for their originality and presence. This Gold look is just a recycled look with sleeves....Her character visually looks like she has taken step backwards. Why not forward? Why can't we have a modernized Storm look?

(And Amanda Waller can come out in a poncho and still be a boss! Not everyone can do that! Hahahahahaaha!!)

2) Yeah Carol had way too many names too. Tbh-- I am just getting on used to her name as Captain Marvel. I still think of Monica and the guy version a lot of the time I hear that name.
    Speaking of WHICH-- MONICA has had WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many names too!!! Just call her Monica... lol

Man I also forgot Jean had a few names: Phoenix, Jean, Marvel Girl, Red, The Black Queen, lol

I feel like in Rachel's case, it will be equivalent to when Kitty was named Ariel.. No one is going to remember this one.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PyroFN

@poisonfleur: 1) I didn't remember her having a Mohawk. After a quick search, ignoring all the fan art and all, she for the most part doesn't have a Mohawk, without her mask anyway, which is what I usually see her without.

1.5) Modernize Storms look. I can't see Storm as a modern type of woman. Being into trends and all that, don't see it. Her difference and uniqueness comes from the fact that she dresses like a goddess on the team. Dressing like a punk is not unique in the slightest. Her friends and foes cover the category of mohawks and punk looks. (I.e. Gladiator, Callisto, Arclight [in some cases], Daken, Rachel Summers, etc.)

2) Miz Destiny (Should we count that one. Wikia counts it, but that was technically the Phoenix Force), Lady Jean Grey (Again if we count the Phoenix Force and count the illusion), Dark Phoenix, White Phoenix of the Crown, Chaos Bringer, The Black Angel, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.