Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Apocalyspe from X-Men TAS is the best version of Apocalypse. Fight Me.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The virgin comic Apocalypse.

-Acknowledges the X-men and Xavier as notable dignitaries of good in the world that are capable of stopping him.

-Gets regularly verbally berated by the likes of Cable, Stryfe, X-Man (all the same person) Dracula, Cyclops, Professor X......list goes on

The Chad TAS Apocalypse.

-Never really acknowledges the X-men as anything other than "mutant filth"

-King of shit talking.

"How many people have dreamed of my end??" You are no closer than the Babylonians with their swords and fire sticks *evil laugh*"

What a badass.

The virgin comic Apocalypse

-Gets defeated by everyone from Stryfe, Magneto, the X-Men....always blames it on inadequate rest like a bitch. "Didn't spend enough time in muh rejuvenation chamberz...not fair!!"

The Chad TAS APocalypse

-Defeats like 9 X-Men in one minute while trash talking them into irrelevance. He also disintegrates them at the end of the fight with ease but it turns out it's an alternate future.

-Is never even physically in danger of being defeated in any episode he appears in because he is the absolute end boss of end bosses.

"I bring the purity of oblivion to your world" I don't even really know what that means, but, it sounds really cool.

The virgin comic Apocalypse

-Steals Master Mold's sub plot by obsessing over the Twelve.

-Miscalculates The Living Monolith's abilities

-Turns out he is a weak old man and joins essences with Cyclops when X-Man, one of the most powerful characters alive is standing right next to him

-All in all, his plan was just to use the twelve to become more powerful, because he is weak.

The Chad TAS Apocalypse.

-Beats down Cable and steals his Time travel device, much like how an adult would beat and scold a toddler

-Uses it to manipulate the biggest X-Men villains and capture the world's psychics.

-Wants to use them to rewrite reality in his image and is only thwarted because Bishop basically saves the day in a very Dues Ex Machina sort of way after spending the whole time doing nothing and complaining.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
    IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean...I don't disagree with you lol. Tbh, I think his portrayal in X-Men (TAS) influenced how he was portrayed in a lot of other media, but was never really topped to this day.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfaoooooooooo

But seriously.....lmfaooooo

I mean your not wrong.

Alot of Comic Apocalypse's hype comes from hinting that one day this guy is gonna take over the world.......but everytime we see him do it he gets his ass handed to him....

In fact he's responsible for the creation of more powerful or just more threatening characters then him in almost every appearance.

Sinister
    Exodus
    Archangel
    Stryfe
    Chamber
    The Apocalypse twins
    Deathseed Iceman
    Holocaust

I mean wtf.....

But really it's the Sean Conery accent and pure shit talk that does it: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you."

"I am not malevolent, I simply am"

"Crash against me and be broken!"

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PyroFN  Online

@cattlebattle: Put up your dukes because your wrong. That honor goes to X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse. His feats:

•Sets off an EMP and takes out both sides of the battlefield and takes over Genosha.

•Successfully kidnapped Xavier and Polaris.

•Successfully kidnapped Quicksilver.

•Takes over New York and turns it into an impenetrable fortress.

•Kidnaps Emma Frost successfully.

•Brainwashes Deadpool.

•Instigated Bastion to take over the Sentinel fleets to wipe keep out SHIELD.

•Actually makes Stryfe a threat. (Look @koays, an actually threatening Stryfe)

•Brainwashes Beast and kidnaps Sabertooth.

•His machine succeeds in amping him.

His one flaw is Mister Sinister and leaving the machine open for the player to use.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: What's this? Stryfe from X-Men Legends 2 has feats?

*googles it* (finds 10 minute video with him trying to convince Toad he's a threat)

*DIES*

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PyroFN  Online

@koays: He is amped. At the start of the level, the character will speak about how their will is going down. They don’t implement it in-game, pity, but considering how little Stryfe has, he can use everything he can get. Apparently according to game lore, the Brain Trust boosts his powers to calm the prisoners and take away their will to leave. He captures Banshee and Iron Man. Banshee escapes by using one last scream to spend his energy and Iron Man won’t eacape until the player frees him.

Soooooo......if we are honest that is probably the most impressive things on his resume in regards to actual psychic feats. Too bad he has to be amped to accomplish it, lol.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Uh huh......so what your saying is....

even in a videogame....

STRYFE HAS NO FEATS!!!!!

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilMayehm666: Evolution Apocalypse IS pretty good.

If we were to redo the Apocalypse movie, i'd want it to be more like his arc then it already (a silent all powerful menace who's heralds must be faced before he is brought back).

But lets be honest, TAS Apoc is basically who they wanted 616 Apoc to be but he ended up with none of the charisma,

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I mean your not wrong.

Yes, I know. I am never wrong.

@indomitableregal@koaysThe X-men cartoon came out in 1992 I believe, which means production started up to a year beforehand. Apocalypse wasn't really saddled with his Egyptian/En Saba Nur backstory until the mid 90s, there was blueprints for it as he had a healing chamber in Giza during X-Cutioner's Song, which was released in 92/93, so, the writers of the animated series were largely working with their own version of Apocalypse for the first couple of seasons it would seem.

Interestingly, it would seem Apocalypse isn't supposed to be a mutant in the series either. He refers to mutants as "your kind" when talking to Cable, claims that he is "beyond" mutants, and regularly refers to the X-men as "mutant vermin" and stuff like that. I guess they had a different idea for him....or perhaps they didn't know Apocalypse was supposed to be a mutant. I don't know, perhaps he was supposed to be a Deviant or something? There is a book out that's about the series that I want to pick up but I think it's more about the production than it is about story ideas.

@pyrofn

The virgin video game Apocalypse:

-Is the bad guy of a video game that like nobody played.

-Is influenced by AoA version that has a veritable army of Madri, Infinites, Brain Trust and other assorted henchmen. Still loses.

-Surrounds himself by mainly men and has all male Horsemen, because he is likely afraid to talk to women.

-Rounds up B tier "The Four" because he is too lazy and weak to round up "The Twelve"

-Needs the Four to make himself powerful because he is weak.

The Chad TAS Apocalypse

-Is the bad guy in one of the most well known and influential super hero cartoons of all time.

-Is a one man army that is never really beaten physically. His plans just get foiled.

-Has several women under his thrall, including Mystique because pimp.

-Rounds up super powerful psychics from all over the universe, some he captures himself.

-Plans to rewrite reality in his image because he can think bigger than "I will become mur powerdeful!!!"

Evolution Apocalypse: “Hold my beer.”

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt Wut?? No.

That's like the worst version.

He barely has any dialogue, his design is goofy, he is way over embellished in the Egyptian lore, which may float your boat, but I dislike and think it makes him seem more like the Mummy from that movie from the 90s than it does the X-Men's villain. Also, wasn't he defeated really easily?? Like, didn't Rogue just take Leech's power and nullify his while they trapped him in another dimension or something??

So, hypothetically, if they would have given Leech some training and knowledge on how to operate some technology, Leech could have defeated Apocalypse himself??

GTFO.

TAS Apocalypse would have kicked Rogue through a wall if she tried that shit on him. Kicked her through a wall while calling her "impudent, frail, female mutant rubbish" or something awesome like that.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@DevilMayehm666: Evolution Apocalypse IS pretty good.

If we were to redo the Apocalypse movie, i'd want it to be more like his arc then it already (a silent all powerful menace who's heralds must be faced before he is brought back).

But lets be honest, TAS Apoc is basically who they wanted 616 Apoc to be but he ended up with none of the charisma,

yes the one from the movie sucked ........hes just like "i will give u more power" and the others are like "yeah ok ill follow u" lmao

cartoon Apocalypse was scary

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PyroFN  Online

@cattlebattle: 1) XML2 Apocalypse keeps the women as pawns, bruh.

2) XML2 Apocalypse still succeeds in enacting his plan.

3) XML2 led to MUA. That means people played it and it was successful enough for them to repeat the formula in a broader spectrum.

4) The Four is simplistic and effective, meaning less variables to stop it and Apocalypse succeeds.

5) Still powerful enough to take over Genosha and New York as well as bomb the X-Mansion.

6) TAS Apocalypse isn’t the one talked about from the cartoon. That goes to Phoenix,Sentinels, or Magneto.

7) You mean Mr. Hit and Run? Please. He got knocked down easily with Scott’s optic blast, not at full power. By the way, Magneto says he’s a joke.

https://youtu.be/2VmqIwB11yE

8) Two Horsemen unmemorable and one who backstabs him in the end, literally. Yup, very impressive.

9) Gets the psychics to rule all of time. Still loses to his prisoners, instigated by someone who got there on accident. Whereas the player has to work to defeat Apocalypse in the game, in the show, Bishop merely aims at the pretty ring and shoots and succeeds.

10)

Avatar image for indomitableregal
    IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Most would agree that movie Apocalypse was terrible. But let's not go crazy. The versions from X-Men Legends II and X-Men Evolution were great. Now you're just hating lol.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@hopesummersforthefuture: They followed him because they were corrupted by the power he gave them similar to Jean in Dark Phoenix. Kinberg even somewhat compared it to that. It’s the reason why Xavier blew up two submarines and launched all the nukes into space hence why he said “I’ve never felt power like this before”.

He gave them a taste and promised them more of it. This was shown when Psylocke was recruit. Problem was they didn’t flesh out that idea more.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this thread has done is make me wanna go back rewatch TAS.....and do you know how bad those episodes have held up???

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Don't do it. You might start realizing that the cartoon had better characterizations than the comics did a lot of time. And feel compelled to make a quasi satirical thread on a comic book website's forums about it.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont want to fight you.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tethadam said:

I dont want to fight you.

Please??

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Lmao. This is true...Although really it's the voice acting and writing for alot of the characters lines thats impressing me.

Idk, I'll just watch montages and try to resist the urge.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Since I was older and looked at the cartoon differently I always thought the voice acting is sort of hit or miss. You have characters whose actors give amazing performances like Beast, Magneto and Rogue, but then you have characters whose actors, while giving good performances, sound like they're doing a bad impression of a celebrity of phoning in a bad accent.

And then there's stuff like this..

Loading Video...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Lmao. I remember really liking Evoluton's Mystiques voice and I still kinda here that as her voice in my head.....I'd post a clip, but every time i find one it turns into a music video. Beast, Magneto, Xavier (though he tends to over act) are the voices i here from TAS when I here them. Gambit too, but that's probably why I cant stand him. I can even hear Bishop pretty clearly so the voice direction, especially in the early seasons were great.

Was trying to find a scene from the last season to compare how it kinda went down hill even for the better voices but I found this instead and died after the first clip.

Loading Video...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: All that video did for me is make me want to see the X-Men TAS episode with Wanda, Mags and Pietro in it. I don't think I have ever seen it. It better have that freaking anthropomorphic cow in it. I better see that cow!!

Why are the accents always inconsistent?? Pietro never has an accent but Wanda seems to have one more often than he does, then Magneto should have an Eastern European accent as well but he never does, then sometimes Emma Frost has a british accent despite being from Boston.

Actually it would be awesome if Emma talked like this...

Loading Video...

Anyways, yeah, I always hear people claim "that's the voice I hear when I think of the character", I have honestly never really found that to be a thing for me personally, except maybe for Batman from the old Batman TAS, because that still is his voice in some animated features up till this day.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: lol Its been a while but I remember seeing a cow. Honestly I think it's from the later part of the series where everything was kinda just ok an quality was going down. But as an X-fans we kinda look past it because it's great mythos.

LMFAO, Yea considering the "What are you retarded?" Lady sounds like she could be reading Emma Frost lines that may have actually ruined her for me. But i think other the Kurt being German and Colossus being Russian nobody else really sounds like the region where they are supposed to come from. I mean seriously Apocalypse sounds like the guy from SNL imitating Sean Connery....which fits, because I can easily see him calling Rogues mother a fat whore before he grows his his hand 40 feet and punches her into orbit.

See for me it's not a always thing to hear the voices for lines. But if I'm reading a long speech or an epic quote you gotta hear it in a certain tone to get the most of it. Like TAS Mags has the perfect voice for the end of God Loves Man kills, waking up from a coma in Second Coming and even that scene in IvX when he punks the Inhumans. In that way I think hes perfect in a way that some other characters like Wolverine cant find a voice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Agreed.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: The series was supposed to last for 4 seasons. The 5th one is the one with the jenky artwork. That episode looks up to snuff with the rest of that show, so, I don't know. It better be one of the better animated ones though, can't be animating that cow with jenky animation.

I don't know about that. Most characters had their accents. The reason why Mags, Wanda and Pietro never did in the comics is because their backstories were all retcons that didn't fully form until 15-20 some odd years after they appeared. I am talking about animated appearances though. Outside of Storm, who I am not sure was ever supposed to have an accent even though she should have, most characters had the accent of their region/ethnicity etc.

It would be amazing if there was an X-Men comedy series that did something with the stereotypical accents. Like you could have Shadow King threatening Emma with all these three syllable words and bluster and Emma just responds "Who is this f**king charactah?? "You ain't no Tom Brady, Faroukh, you ain't no MVP." " Now you betta get outta here cause my brother's a cop."

Here's the thing, when I was a kid I grew up with 5 sisters so my house was chaos before I went to school and I used to get up really early and watch all these really obscure TV shows and cartoons. One of them was called "Captain Power" and the guy who voices Magneto was the bad guy in that. So, whenever I hear Magneto from the 90s X-Men show I always just think of Lord Dread.

Loading Video...

It always sounds cheesy and "over the top villain" to me, lol.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I'm pretty sure I've heard that they were pushed to continue both of the last two seasons. But its inconsequential. It's the 90s, so reuse of animation, flat colors and off model imagery is the norm unless your Batman TAS and you can just be awesome all the time.

I was gonna disagree, but I'm pretty sure even X-Men Evolutions Legion/Proteus character was Scottish. I'm pretty sure appearances by New Mutant characters may have been watered down in that series but generally I think theyve done pretty well across most animated continuitys.

Lol this is absolutely gonna ruin Emma. I'm supposed to be doing a respect thread for her and now I'm gonna be reading her like "Chuckie walks around like some sorta bigshot with a big important johb, what about mah powah"

Lmfao, I have never seen that show before, but tell me thats not exactly how you picture 60s Magneto an his torture lasers and death traps explaining things.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah but the animation drop off in the last season was really bad, reeeeaaaally bad. The episodes were also really awful. There was an episode that just featured Sinister's origin for some random reason.

Oh, I was talking about the comics. X-Men evolution had horrible accents, what was Nightcralwer's voice actor trying to do?? He sounded Mexican. And Kitty Pryde was a valley girl for some purpose...... I don't know, I was never really too into that show, it always seemed like it was meant for really young kids and girls. Their depiction of Rogue was the the only thing that made that show worthwhile IMO.

Yeah, her introducing herself would be pretty funny as well--"Yeah, my name is Emma Frawst, now stahp starin' at my tits you fakin' pervert"

That's why I never really clicked with that guy's voice, it always reminded me of that show. I always like to imagine Magneto with a German accent, like he'd sound like Thomas Kretshmann or someone like that when he talked.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I can still hear hims saying, "I am as faaaar beyond mutants as mutants are beyond you." to Senator Kelly.

Jeez, we need a new X-Men cartoon, stat!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfft. Maggieboy still punked him:

Loading Video...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adamTRMM

Seriously though, I'm not sure I liked the whole "I'm above you muties" angle. It also doesn't really work when we know mutants can be as powerful as cosmic being and abstracts themselves. I also think that Singer's version is somewhat underrated. Beyond the lackluster design and as luckluster flick as a whole, I kinda dug the whole "false gods" angle a lot. That's what I want from my Apocalypse. He's the ultimate non conformist (to the established rules of the universe), unrestrained evolution agent (with no "space guardians" involved to check on them), and all that stuff. As he is, Apoc is an effing tool. He should be the Thanos of X-men and not some miserable crook. Self sufficient, actually intelligent, big scale. And the second he announces the need for Horsemen you'd know the real "apocalypse" can as well happen. I'd also retcon his relationship with Celestials into something that he isn't really enjoying. Something that was almost forced on him or was his last resort because of some ancient conspiracy. Make him the actual first mutant and explore the times he lived and leave his impact so severe he'd deserve the name. He's the bringer of the end of times because say he was the reason why ancient humans left pagan gods. How cool would that be? Exploring and enriching long standing concepts and also making sense of the in universe history? Because why would the early humans leave those gods when they actually existed, interacted with them and also answered their prayers?! Well, maybe there was an "apocalyptic" answer.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

1. There was no "punking" to be found there. Lies! Apocalypse was bullyciding Mags until Mystique stabbed him in the spine with a freaking laser scythe. Then Magneto shot his magic energy rings he had in that show and it collided with Chad Apocalypse's chest beam he never used before and then he went flying out the window due to the explosion. If you keep watching Apocalypse's Horsemen bring him back through window and Mags runs away like a frightened bitch kitten.

2. Yeah, I think I've said it a bunch of times on here but I favor the Simonson's original intent for Apocalypse in that he was a proto-human mutate that found the Celestial ship and basically became powerful and shaped the world throughout history due to agelessness and perhaps is suggested that most mutants are his genetic descendants....similar to how it said that many people are distant ancestors of Genghis Kahn. As for his goals, I always thought they should be centered around trying to obtain Celestial level power. He knows lots about them because of his time in his ship after all. He could be trying to push evolution on earth on a more rapid scale with his natural selection motto and wants humanity to become powerful enough to challenge the Celestials, who can wreck Skyfathers. It may not be the most thought provoking stuff but it's better then, well, whatever his plans half the time when he shows up.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

1. There was no "punking" to be found there. Lies! Apocalypse was bullyciding Mags until Mystique stabbed him in the spine with a freaking laser scythe. Then Magneto shot his magic energy rings he had in that show and it collided with Chad Apocalypse's chest beam he never used before and then he went flying out the window due to the explosion. If you keep watching Apocalypse's Horsemen bring him back through window and Mags runs away like a frightened bitch kitten.

Mag(ic)netic energy rings reign supreme. But honestly, I don't even remember what happened next. But I felt I needed to

2. Yeah, I think I've said it a bunch of times on here but I favor the Simonson's original intent for Apocalypse in that he was a proto-human mutate that found the Celestial ship and basically became powerful and shaped the world throughout history due to agelessness and perhaps is suggested that most mutants are his genetic descendants....similar to how it said that many people are distant ancestors of Genghis Kahn. As for his goals, I always thought they should be centered around trying to obtain Celestial level power. He knows lots about them because of his time in his ship after all. He could be trying to push evolution on earth on a more rapid scale with his natural selection motto and wants humanity to become powerful enough to challenge the Celestials, who can wreck Skyfathers. It may not be the most thought provoking stuff but it's better then, well, whatever his plans half the time when he shows up.

I think Simonson introduced some good ideas, but they didn't feel finished or definitive per se. I like the overpowered version a lot. Simonson's wasn't really. I also think the concept of the Celestial ship that is used unbeknownst to Celestials themselves is kinda stupid. They are like Galactus level bots. Their datat security systems must suck if that so, which isn't supposed to be the case by default. So they will have to have a sort of direct relationship, that just doesn't mean he has to be their mindless servant like Remender intended him to be. I think she built a great frame upon which something even greater can be constructed. Later writers had some good ideas too. I'd totally have Mesopotamian (which is inspired by Egyptian) origin over the caveman. Such a powerful caveman would completely alter the balance of early human growth so I feel it's excessive. Instead make it dawn of civilization, one that we lost most of its history which leaves so much place for speculation especially in setting where it's all already fictionalized and mythologized. Make it about how early proto civilization came to be and what shifted it towards progress (and that's where Nur enters the picture). Say he felt like power artifact users, alchemists or some demigods/favorites of gods individuals or even gods themselves usurped the early power structures which forced Nur to revolt and develop his Darwinist philosophy since those stood in the way of natural progress to which he himself was a living proof and flat out prevented it. The early antimutant conspiracy that wasn't based on racism, but existential fear and war for dominance among species. I even see how his end goals would be to completely demolish the ineffective universal (be it Celestials, Eternity, Death or whoever) hierarchies that just aren't effective for the same reasons. Now a mothereffer like this would be worthy of the name Apocalypse.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

I think Simonson introduced some good ideas, but they didn't feel finished or definitive per se. I like the overpowered version a lot. Simonson's wasn't really. I also think the concept of the Celestial ship that is used unbeknownst to Celestials themselves is kinda stupid. They are like Galactus level bots. Their datat security systems must suck if that so, which isn't supposed to be the case by default. So they will have to have a sort of direct relationship, that just doesn't mean he has to be their mindless servant like Remender intended him to be. I think she built a great frame upon which something even greater can be constructed. Later writers had some good ideas too. I'd totally have Mesopotamian (which is inspired by Egyptian) origin over the caveman. Such a powerful caveman would completely alter the balance of early human growth so I feel it's excessive. Instead make it dawn of civilization, one that we lost most of its history which leaves so much place for speculation especially in setting where it's all already fictionalized and mythologized. Make it about how early proto civilization came to be and what shifted it towards progress (and that's where Nur enters the picture). Say he felt like power artifact users, alchemists or some demigods/favorites of gods individuals or even gods themselves usurped the early power structures which forced Nur to revolt and develop his Darwinist philosophy since those stood in the way of natural progress to which he himself was a living proof and flat out prevented it. The early antimutant conspiracy that wasn't based on racism, but existential fear and war for dominance among species. I even see how his end goals would be to completely demolish the ineffective universal (be it Celestials, Eternity, Death or whoever) hierarchies that just aren't effective for the same reasons. Now a mothereffer like this would be worthy of the name Apocalypse.

The original Simonson version was overpowered though. He was able to go toe to toe with the likes of Loki and the High Evolutionary, who are powerful characters in their own right, an seemed relatively unphased by their attacks. Towards the end of the Simonson run he clashes with X-Factor and the Inhumans on Attilan and casually takes a blast from Cyclops and Black Bolt simultaneously and doesn't seem effected by it. The Apocalypse in X-Men TAS is based off this version, before all the Ancient Egypt crap.

The ship was left behind as some sort of data farming device I believe, and Saul used it and later Apocalypse used it. So, I guess it would seem a little fishy that these omnipotent beings wouldn't know that their stuff was being used but Galactus is shown to be fallible several times in his existence and he is a Celestial. And who knows, it's comics, you could say that Apocalypse, who spent 1000s of years in that thing learned about the Celestials and conceived a way to hide from them, the ship was an extension of their power and tech after all, and Apocalypse lied to it and the ship thought it was his "master" so, the ship could supposedly know how to circumvent the Celestials reach.

Yeah, as Apocalypse is extremely long lived it's hard to write him. Someone who has been around to see the rise and fall of every civilization would have such an unfathomable outlook on everything. The Darwin influenced world view never makes sense for someone like that. History just repeats itself after all and usually the more affluent a society gets, the weaker it becomes and usually destroys itself from the inside. Apocalypse only wanting the "strong to survive" wouldn't make any sense until the modern context anyways, considering most superhumans and the majority of mutants didn't exist yet. Was Apocalypse just hanging about encouraging the people with really great immune systems and really physically strong people to weed out the weak people?? The weak people were probably overall more of a value to history and the progression of society seeing as they probably created the majority of art, culture, music, technology and literature. Just sayin' I don't think Issac Newton was winning any foot races against anybody...maybe his kids.

I do like his focus being on a bigger goal then just world dominance (which he could of done already) or just "weeding out the weak" or whatever that means to him. The problem with so many Marvel villains is that their goals are so short sighted even though they are well aware of these Gods, Demons, powerful sorcerers, Infinity stones, artifacts and cosmic beings wondering about. Only a handful of characters seem to break out of the mold and scheme higher. That's why I liked the original version of Mr. Sinister as well, although he was supposed to be a young boy using a proxy, his dealings with the demons of limbo, murdering mutants and sacrificing babies was interesting and I would of liked to see what hand he would of played going forward if adhering to Claremont's idea for the character. It's infinitely better than the cliche'd geneticist that sucks at everything.

Imagine if they kept with the original version of Apocalypse and Sinister?? That would be amazing.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By phisigmatau
    adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

The original Simonson version was overpowered though. He was able to go toe to toe with the likes of Loki and the High Evolutionary, who are powerful characters in their own right, an seemed relatively unphased by their attacks. Towards the end of the Simonson run he clashes with X-Factor and the Inhumans on Attilan and casually takes a blast from Cyclops and Black Bolt simultaneously and doesn't seem effected by it. The Apocalypse in X-Men TAS is based off this version, before all the Ancient Egypt crap.

I know the history of how his powers evolved probably better than most on this forum. I'm like one of the only people who gave him some credibility on battleforums despite his jobber reputation. I mean, under Simonson he was somewhat physical guy with teleportation, shapeshifting and armor. He was clearly superhuman, but nowhere on the level of Thor for example. HE sadly is one of the most inconsistent characters in terms of power levels. One day he battles Galan, other fight Iron Man equally. I think Loki reached his top when Gillen took over JMS. He made him almost Mephisto level. He was somewhat Doom level before that I think? Gotta tell you, I feel rusty talking about power levels now that I don't do battle forums anymore lol but I do remember the impressions of my researches. Anyway, that instance with Bolt and Cyclops? It was written by Lee and Portacio and plotted by Claremont. They kind of upgraded him and he used beams for the first time while being bonded to some wild machinery that had infant Cable attached to him to. I think that's where his energy projection and technopathy was introduced first. Rise of Apocalypse is where he manifested size alteration. Only then he would be depicted as a superphysical being that can restrain Hulk (under PAD) and smash Ikaris. Remender than gave the Celestial armor a meaning and made him even bigger physical powerhouse when he smacked Thor around. Point is, it wasn't like that since day one.

That said, whoever came up with the idea of him being degenerating all while being an immortal molecule manipulator needs to never touch comic books, or write in general.

The ship was left behind as some sort of data farming device I believe, and Saul used it and later Apocalypse used it. So, I guess it would seem a little fishy that these omnipotent beings wouldn't know that their stuff was being used but Galactus is shown to be fallible several times in his existence and he is a Celestial. And who knows, it's comics, you could say that Apocalypse, who spent 1000s of years in that thing learned about the Celestials and conceived a way to hide from them, the ship was an extension of their power and tech after all, and Apocalypse lied to it and the ship thought it was his "master" so, the ship could supposedly know how to circumvent the Celestials reach.

The ship did have consciousness/benevolent AI IIRC, right? Ugh...

Yeah, as Apocalypse is extremely long lived it's hard to write him. Someone who has been around to see the rise and fall of every civilization would have such an unfathomable outlook on everything. The Darwin influenced world view never makes sense for someone like that. History just repeats itself after all and usually the more affluent a society gets, the weaker it becomes and usually destroys itself from the inside. Apocalypse only wanting the "strong to survive" wouldn't make any sense until the modern context anyways, considering most superhumans and the majority of mutants didn't exist yet. Was Apocalypse just hanging about encouraging the people with really great immune systems and really physically strong people to weed out the weak people?? The weak people were probably overall more of a value to history and the progression of society seeing as they probably created the majority of art, culture, music, technology and literature. Just sayin' I don't think Issac Newton was winning any foot races against anybody...maybe his kids.

Well, Darwinism is a retroactive concept of sorts. It covers the principle of how things were before the idea itself was fleshed so we just call it "Darwinism" because he's the one to articulate it. We don't mean as Apoc is a direct follower of that idea. He had it long before Darwin was even born. Same way Quasar or Adam Warlock aren't followers of Einstein ;) (I know it's different, but it was still funny to mention)

That's why I think having ancient system that defied and prevented the course of nature in having superhuman reproduction would be interesting. That would also explain why Eternals/Deviants and Inhumans were so uninvolved/isolated and it would also bind Nur to bigger Marvel Universe which I totally want to see.

I also find that interesting that it's the thinkers that are responsible for human progress more so than great warriors or "heroes". Survival of the fittest, and nowadays the fittest is the smartest. But we do have supergeniuses achieving godhood in comics, so it also plays a role.

I do like his focus being on a bigger goal then just world dominance (which he could of done already) or just "weeding out the weak" or whatever that means to him. The problem with so many Marvel villains is that their goals are so short sighted even though they are well aware of these Gods, Demons, powerful sorcerers, Infinity stones, artifacts and cosmic beings wondering about. Only a handful of characters seem to break out of the mold and scheme higher. That's why I liked the original version of Mr. Sinister as well, although he was supposed to be a young boy using a proxy, his dealings with the demons of limbo, murdering mutants and sacrificing babies was interesting and I would of liked to see what hand he would of played going forward if adhering to Claremont's idea for the character. It's infinitely better than the cliche'd geneticist that sucks at everything.

I think it's not mutually exclusive. The idea of unchecked evolution does suggest the same thing. It's just needs to be contextualized properly. For example, when species are getting too accustomed to the comfort zone, they slowly die out. And it is being reflected in our age. Look at the West where people don't want to have children because they've become too hedonistic and how foreign cultures slowly take over them because of how defenseless they've become thanks to the same comfort zone they are so desperately trying to maintain. But I guess a writer that actually discusses matters like this will get kicked out soundly. So the stuff will be there behind the lines if at all.

Imagine if they kept with the original version of Apocalypse and Sinister?? That would be amazing.

Again, I've come up with my perfect idea (I mean, the way I see it) of how Apocalypse should be not just based off of Simonson's idea, but totality of all of them. And I prefer Sinister that way. He isn't generic, I mean, can you name characters like him? In the mutant context, genetics obsessed madman is a must the way I see it. And talented guys made wonders with him. Gillen and Sinister System comes to mind.

Speaking of evil ageless child, I wonder if Gaiman introduced Sprite in his Eternals short run based off of this idea or was it something else? Is there a famous myth/folklore/story like that that I'm not familiar with?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

I know the history of how his powers evolved probably better than most on this forum. I'm like one of the only people who gave him some credibility on battleforums despite his jobber reputation. I mean, under Simonson he was somewhat physical guy with teleportation, shapeshifting and armor. He was clearly superhuman, but nowhere on the level of Thor for example. HE sadly is one of the most inconsistent characters in terms of power levels. One day he battles Galan, other fight Iron Man equally. I think Loki reached his top when Gillen took over JMS. He made him almost Mephisto level. He was somewhat Doom level before that I think? Gotta tell you, I feel rusty talking about power levels now that I don't do battle forums anymore lol but I do remember the impressions of my researches. Anyway, that instance with Bolt and Cyclops? It was written by Lee and Portacio and plotted by Claremont. They kind of upgraded him and he used beams for the first time while being bonded to some wild machinery that had infant Cable attached to him to. I think that's where his energy projection and technopathy was introduced first. Rise of Apocalypse is where he manifested size alteration. Only then he would be depicted as a superphysical being that can restrain Hulk (under PAD) and smash Ikaris. Remender than gave the Celestial armor a meaning and made him even bigger physical powerhouse when he smacked Thor around. Point is, it wasn't like that since day one.

That said, whoever came up with the idea of him being degenerating all while being an immortal molecule manipulator needs to never touch comic books, or write in general

I was specifically talking about the 80s/cartoon version. I am well aware that Apocalypse became absolute chump sauce after this with all his "healing chambers' and crap like that. That's sort of what my thread was about.

I think you have some of that wrong as well, I know he was able to alter his size when he battled Loki, and I could be wrong but I think he did it before that as well in X-Factor, he definitely does it in the battle against X-Factor and the Inhumans. As for things like teleportation, I again could be wrong but I think that was originally linked to his technology and his Ship then it was a natural, inherent ability for him.

I really hate how Apocalypse, like Sinister, was just given every power over time. Like I dislike how they gave him ability to just "project energy". He basically is just shooting lasers from his hands like a Saturday morning cartoon villain, which he ironically wound being considering X-Men TAS used to come on Saturday mornings haha. I would of just liked more consistency, he could have to use his shape shifting to form a canon on his hand, which he has done before, and use to emit a low level Celestial type energy beam that could effect characters like Thor and Hulk, and the larger he makes himself the more potent it becomes.

I don't know, I feel like I could rewrite an entire powerset entry on how Apocalypse "should function".

Well, Darwinism is a retroactive concept of sorts. It covers the principle of how things were before the idea itself was fleshed so we just call it "Darwinism" because he's the one to articulate it. We don't mean as Apoc is a direct follower of that idea. He had it long before Darwin was even born. Same way Quasar or Adam Warlock aren't followers of Einstein ;) (I know it's different, but it was still funny to mention)

That's why I think having ancient system that defied and prevented the course of nature in having superhuman reproduction would be interesting. That would also explain why Eternals/Deviants and Inhumans were so uninvolved/isolated and it would also bind Nur to bigger Marvel Universe which I totally want to see.

I also find that interesting that it's the thinkers that are responsible for human progress more so than great warriors or "heroes". Survival of the fittest, and nowadays the fittest is the smartest. But we do have supergeniuses achieving godhood in comics, so it also plays a role.

I am aware of the original tenants of Darwinism, I am however talking about how it would be applied to someone who has been around for thousands of years and has seen all civilizations rise and fall and how it further be applied to a world with superhumans floating around. Darwin was just a dude who lived for a couple of decades in a time when not all modern science was known yet. Apocalypse has witnessed all this stuff first hand. Surely the ideologies would not be uniform.

I think it's not mutually exclusive. The idea of unchecked evolution does suggest the same thing. It's just needs to be contextualized properly. For example, when species are getting too accustomed to the comfort zone, they slowly die out. And it is being reflected in our age. Look at the West where people don't want to have children because they've become too hedonistic and how foreign cultures slowly take over them because of how defenseless they've become thanks to the same comfort zone they are so desperately trying to maintain. But I guess a writer that actually discusses matters like this will get kicked out soundly. So the stuff will be there behind the lines if at all

Well, we could discuss the decline of "western people" people in another conversation if you want as I have a lot to say about that, lol, however, I personally think it's more than just affluence that is leading to their death spiral. You're not wrong about the hedonism though. Some people blame the absence of religion but I don't know, I think people are inherently religious and have just swapped out divine beliefs for social beliefs, instead of being worried about being judged by a higher power people are worried about being judged by other people on Twitter or whatever....anyways, different conversation altogether. I do understand what you are talking about when it pertains to evolution though though I don't think it's absolute.

. And I prefer Sinister that way. He isn't generic, I mean, can you name characters like him? In the mutant context, genetics obsessed madman is a must the way I see it. And talented guys made wonders with him. Gillen and Sinister System comes to mind.

Can I name a comic villain obsessed with genetics?? Lol. All of them pretty much can dabble in genetics to some extent: Dr Doom, Dock Ock to an extent, Modok, Caps old Nazi villains always had genetic experiments, etc. When it comes to villains that were specifically related to be being evil geneticists then you have the tier of the Jackal from Spider-Man, Maximus the Mad, and of course, The High Evolutionary. Then when it comes to specific X-men villains that can "do" genetics you have Magneto, who created the Savage Land Mutates, Mojo, Apocalypse, even Sebastian Shaw was obsessed with harnessing the mutant genome for profit. Anyways, Sinister can still do genetics and be cloner and all that, I just wish they have kept his mystical stuff intact as well. I believe he was supposed to be the X-men's version of Dr Doom anyways considering his name and and affinity for science and sorcerery.

Speaking of evil ageless child, I wonder if Gaiman introduced Sprite in his Eternals short run based off of this idea or was it something else? Is there a famous myth/folklore/story like that that I'm not familiar with?

While I am not familiar with The Eternals story I imagine one of the influences is possibly Peter Pan, though, he isn't evil, there probably is some example out there pertaining to old European folklore like nymphs or sprites or something which can sometimes be represented as children in some depictions.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

I was specifically talking about the 80s/cartoon version. I am well aware that Apocalypse became absolute chump sauce after this with all his "healing chambers' and crap like that. That's sort of what my thread was about.

And they keep pushing that shit. I don't even know why they think they found the right formula with him. All this psychic degenerating parasite makes ZERO sense for someone who's supposed to be about the strong and all that stuff.

I think you have some of that wrong as well, I know he was able to alter his size when he battled Loki, and I could be wrong but I think he did it before that as well in X-Factor, he definitely does it in the battle against X-Factor and the Inhumans. As for things like teleportation, I again could be wrong but I think that was originally linked to his technology and his Ship then it was a natural, inherent ability for him.

I know what you're referring to, it was a single time and it was more like just stretching rather than actual size alteration. In his battle with HE, Evolutionary himself altered his size while Apoc reacted with just shapeshifting. Creatively so, but still just shapeshifting. I don't remember him using SA even once against X-factor. Teleportation, force fields (that one I forgot about) and shapeshiting. That was it. And again, his battle with Xfactor and Inhumans wasn't written by Simonson.

It makes sense for it to be the source of his teleportation, but I don't think it was ever mentioned. Or that he got technology bonded to his own molecular structure. Which is seemingly the case, just it has to be stated for us to understand the nature of his powers IMO.

I really hate how Apocalypse, like Sinister, was just given every power over time. Like I dislike how they gave him ability to just "project energy". He basically is just shooting lasers from his hands like a Saturday morning cartoon villain, which he ironically wound being considering X-Men TAS used to come on Saturday mornings haha. I would of just liked more consistency, he could have to use his shape shifting to form a canon on his hand, which he has done before, and use to emit a low level Celestial type energy beam that could effect characters like Thor and Hulk, and the larger he makes himself the more potent it becomes.

I think there should be his natural, native powerset, and the one the bonding to Celestial elements granted him. Adaptation is a power that makes sense for him too. So while naturally he's a superphysical, shapeshifter with size alteration, density control and molecular control with maybe some extremely weak psychic potential (he did show some psionic features), the Celestial component grants him technopathy, teleportation, energy output/absorption/manipulation and even greater durability. Yeah the canon thing is visually pleasing, but it's just an aesthetic thing. The energy is in him, it doesn't matter how he emits it. I think he should be a teambuster Thanos style where even characters like Hulk and Thor wouldn't be enough. It would be nice for change to have Xmen finally unleashing their power and creativity to stand a chance against him.

I don't know, I feel like I could rewrite an entire powerset entry on how Apocalypse "should function".

Yep.

I am aware of the original tenants of Darwinism, I am however talking about how it would be applied to someone who has been around for thousands of years and has seen all civilizations rise and fall and how it further be applied to a world with superhumans floating around. Darwin was just a dude who lived for a couple of decades in a time when not all modern science was known yet. Apocalypse has witnessed all this stuff first hand. Surely the ideologies would not be uniform.

I think it's just the idea to preserve natural course of growth within species inside which fall all of the recent ideas. The concept itself was always there, Darwin discovered it recently, Apoc did it well earlier. But to keep it relevant we won't just say "Ensabahnurism" lolz

Well, we could discuss the decline of "western people" people in another conversation if you want as I have a lot to say about that, lol, however, I personally think it's more than just affluence that is leading to their death spiral. You're not wrong about the hedonism though. Some people blame the absence of religion but I don't know, I think people are inherently religious and have just swapped out divine beliefs for social beliefs, instead of being worried about being judged by a higher power people are worried about being judged by other people on Twitter or whatever....anyways, different conversation altogether. I do understand what you are talking about when it pertains to evolution though though I don't think it's absolute.

Not absolute of course, but an observation that I see is being discussed these days. Thought of a relevant example and it kinda got handy, but yeah, let's not derail the thread.

Can I name a comic villain obsessed with genetics?? Lol. All of them pretty much can dabble in genetics to some extent: Dr Doom, Dock Ock to an extent, Modok, Caps old Nazi villains always had genetic experiments, etc. When it comes to villains that were specifically related to be being evil geneticists then you have the tier of the Jackal from Spider-Man, Maximus the Mad, and of course, The High Evolutionary. Then when it comes to specific X-men villains that can "do" genetics you have Magneto, who created the Savage Land Mutates, Mojo, Apocalypse, even Sebastian Shaw was obsessed with harnessing the mutant genome for profit. Anyways, Sinister can still do genetics and be cloner and all that, I just wish they have kept his mystical stuff intact as well. I believe he was supposed to be the X-men's version of Dr Doom anyways considering his name and and affinity for science and sorcerery.

Pay attention how all of them are distinct and different. Jackal is the closest one due to his obsession with specific clones, but there's nothing much about him. Sinister does progress under the right creative team. Sinister System was made by him dissecting Phalanx, which are technoorganic alien species, a pretty radical drift from the mutants. I think sorcery can be still added due to his expending curiosity and mentality of knowledge freak.

While I am not familiar with The Eternals story I imagine one of the influences is possibly Peter Pan, though, he isn't evil, there probably is some example out there pertaining to old European folklore like nymphs or sprites or something which can sometimes be represented as children in some depictions.

Yeah I guess.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

I know what you're referring to, it was a single time and it was more like just stretching rather than actual size alteration. In his battle with HE, Evolutionary himself altered his size while Apoc reacted with just shapeshifting. Creatively so, but still just shapeshifting. I don't remember him using SA even once against X-factor. Teleportation, force fields (that one I forgot about) and shapeshiting. That was it. And again, his battle with Xfactor and Inhumans wasn't written by Simonson.

It makes sense for it to be the source of his teleportation, but I don't think it was ever mentioned. Or that he got technology bonded to his own molecular structure. Which is seemingly the case, just it has to be stated for us to understand the nature of his powers IMO.

I remember him "stretching" in battles with X-Factor, but I think there is a substantive difference with him becoming massive in his battle with Loki albeit for a second. I also remember him appearing larger in certain panels during his initial appearances, though, that could have just been inconsistencies in the art.

I just consider the the battle with the Inhumans and X-Factor part of his "original version" TBH as he wasn't marred with the all the Ancient Egypt stuff.

Also, I just remember him teleporting primarily when he had his ship, I don't remember it being a thing he did too much after that. I think he even boasts at one point that the ship gives him more power or something and also when he escapes, he makes him self some wings and flies away with his Horsemen....why not just teleport if that was part of his abilities?? I don't know, this is just my assumption anyways.

I think there should be his natural, native powerset, and the one the bonding to Celestial elements granted him. Adaptation is a power that makes sense for him too. So while naturally he's a superphysical, shapeshifter with size alteration, density control and molecular control with maybe some extremely weak psychic potential (he did show some psionic features), the Celestial component grants him technopathy, teleportation, energy output/absorption/manipulation and even greater durability. Yeah the canon thing is visually pleasing, but it's just an aesthetic thing. The energy is in him, it doesn't matter how he emits it. I think he should be a teambuster Thanos style where even characters like Hulk and Thor wouldn't be enough. It would be nice for change to have Xmen finally unleashing their power and creativity to stand a chance against him.

I'm ok with him just having molecular control on a massive scale. It makes him more unique that way and with a powerset like that you could be potentially unbeatable due to invincibility and unpredictability. I think the X-Men cartoon did a fine job sans him shooting random laser beams out of his body sometimes.

I don't think he really needs to be a Darkseid rip off though in terms of how he is treated, again, I think the cartoon did a fine job where he can basically wreck the entire X-men team with little effort. As for fighting the likes of Thor and Hulk, I mean, yeah, imaginably through using his shapeshifting to manifest some sort of canons or increasing his size he should be able to subdue them, but just trading blows with them.....eh, there is enough villains that can do that, and presenting him like that runs the risk of just making him feel like a video game end boss....which he has been one of those as well. Several times.

I think it's just the idea to preserve natural course of growth within species inside which fall all of the recent ideas. The concept itself was always there, Darwin discovered it recently, Apoc did it well earlier. But to keep it relevant we won't just say "Ensabahnurism" lolz

My point is Darwin didn't have access to all the scientific knowledge and studies of history and peoples that we have now, I mean, they discover that haplogroups and and ethnic subdivisions of humanity may not have been as consistent as what we might have known. There has been groups of people who were larger and stronger than average that have completely gone extinct and without question due to industrialization and technological advancement, humanity has grown physically weaker than they were decades ago. Apocalypse would have known all this stuff from the get go and been prepared in some aspect. I don't know...it's a whole thing.

Pay attention how all of them are distinct and different. Jackal is the closest one due to his obsession with specific clones, but there's nothing much about him. Sinister does progress under the right creative team. Sinister System was made by him dissecting Phalanx, which are technoorganic alien species, a pretty radical drift from the mutants. I think sorcery can be still added due to his expending curiosity and mentality of knowledge freak.

I hate Gillen's Victorian Mr Sinister. It's so lame. I mean, yeah, bondage Rocky Horror reject isn't all that cool either, but at least it's more distinct and interesting to look at.

As for his clones, I always thought that he use them as a means to an end. Basically as pawns in a game of chess. I never liked how he obsesses over genetics.

By the by, have you ever seen Young Justice?? Vandal Savage, who is long lived like Apoclaypse, and who was basically given Sebastian Shaw's 90s look, adheres Survival of the Fittest mantra in that show.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By adamTRMM

@cattlebattle:

I remember him "stretching" in battles with X-Factor, but I think there is a substantive difference with him becoming massive in his battle with Loki albeit for a second. I also remember him appearing larger in certain panels during his initial appearances, though, that could have just been inconsistencies in the art.

Yeah that moment when his head butted Loki it was certainly bigger, but that was it.

I just consider the the battle with the Inhumans and X-Factor part of his "original version" TBH as he wasn't marred with the all the Ancient Egypt stuff.

Fine, but I was talking about his evolution under different writers.

Also, I just remember him teleporting primarily when he had his ship, I don't remember it being a thing he did too much after that. I think he even boasts at one point that the ship gives him more power or something and also when he escapes, he makes him self some wings and flies away with his Horsemen....why not just teleport if that was part of his abilities?? I don't know, this is just my assumption anyways.

He did during Onslaught as well. And when Exodus' origin was revealed.

I don't think he really needs to be a Darkseid rip off though in terms of how he is treated, again, I think the cartoon did a fine job where he can basically wreck the entire X-men team with little effort. As for fighting the likes of Thor and Hulk, I mean, yeah, imaginably through using his shapeshifting to manifest some sort of canons or increasing his size he should be able to subdue them, but just trading blows with them.....eh, there is enough villains that can do that, and presenting him like that runs the risk of just making him feel like a video game end boss....which he has been one of those as well. Several times.

Well he already is considered to be in that category, there's art influenced by that fact:

I'm fine with. But it's not just about his own prowess as much as the scope of his ambition. Still, even on his own I'd like to know that even being basic people will know they are screwed when he's around. And never get overshadowed by the Horsemen. Speaking of which, instead of them being a flavor they should be a very special addition. And not just "look how I got the most random guys as the Horsemen! you'd never guess". Yeah, never guess is good, but when it actually makes sense. For example, Universal Horsemen is better than turning random heroes and villains into ones. For example, here's an mutant Brood as Pestilence, new generation Phalanx as Famine, a Superskrull as War and Eternal or Deviant Kree as Death for example. I mean, still familiar concepts but in a new setting.

My point is Darwin didn't have access to all the scientific knowledge and studies of history and peoples that we have now, I mean, they discover that haplogroups and and ethnic subdivisions of humanity may not have been as consistent as what we might have known. There has been groups of people who were larger and stronger than average that have completely gone extinct and without question due to industrialization and technological advancement, humanity has grown physically weaker than they were decades ago. Apocalypse would have known all this stuff from the get go and been prepared in some aspect. I don't know...it's a whole thing.

Well his "morality" has to be outdated for sure. It also doesn't have to be as complete, just around the idea where it makes sense contextually. We'll have to actually write it for it to be fully fleshed out.

I hate Gillen's Victorian Mr Sinister. It's so lame. I mean, yeah, bondage Rocky Horror reject isn't all that cool either, but at least it's more distinct and interesting to look at.

His design was most certainly a fetish pet thing if not flat out projecting for Gillen. Even Hickman called him Mr. Sinister. There MUST be a reason for it. Regardless, he finished with him on a different path. The Victorian era was done, but the ideas for growth that he seeded were brilliant. From the aforementioned integration of Phalanx' hive mind, to his own zoo of expendable canon fodder of clones, to even cosmic ambition as he almost integrated Celestial features and then proceeded to actually take over Phoenix... I mean, there was some effing remarkable shit.

As for his clones, I always thought that he use them as a means to an end. Basically as pawns in a game of chess. I never liked how he obsesses over genetics.

Sure. But this is exactly why he obsesses over genetics.

By the by, have you ever seen Young Justice?? Vandal Savage, who is long lived like Apoclaypse, and who was basically given Sebastian Shaw's 90s look, adheres Survival of the Fittest mantra in that show.

The first two seasons, yeah. But honestly I don't remember how they handled Vandal. But when Apoc is such a failure in that regard, they could easily do that and no one would complain about ripping off...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cattlebattle

@adamtrmm:

Yeah that moment when his head butted Loki it was certainly bigger, but that was it.

He was really large when X-Factor first see him on his ship during Fall of the Mutants, though, that could be the way Simonson drew it.

Fine, but I was talking about his evolution under different writers

Yeah but that story with the Inhumans was done by Lee, Portacio, Claremont and others. ALl these people knew each other and communicated with each other, so, it wasn't a case where completely different people did completely different things.

Well he already is considered to be in that category, there's art influenced by that fact:

Yeah, overtime fandom has wanted that and he pretty much evolved into that. I just don't see it or care for it though. Darkseid and Thanos (the dudes he is being lumped in with) are alien, cosmic level threats, in fact, Thanos was always originally some alien loner who had boring discussions about love and morality. It's the MCU that made him more Darkseid like with a conquering army and then the comics followed suit. Anyways, that's fan art.

His design was most certainly a fetish pet thing if not flat out projecting for Gillen. Even Hickman called him Mr. Sinister. There MUST be a reason for it. Regardless, he finished with him on a different path. The Victorian era was done, but the ideas for growth that he seeded were brilliant. From the aforementioned integration of Phalanx' hive mind, to his own zoo of expendable canon fodder of clones, to even cosmic ambition as he almost integrated Celestial features and then proceeded to actually take over Phoenix... I mean, there was some effing remarkable shit.

Mmmm. Don't agree.

Sure. But this is exactly why he obsesses over genetics.

It's not though, the majority of his clone shit is retconned to begin with, to the point where they wanted to avoid his obvious mystical abilities in the 90s and they needed to give him a motive so they made it so he was obsessed with Scott and Jean's genetics, where he originally just needed the baby because it was a small piece in his larger puzzle. What the puzzle was, we will never know.

The first two seasons, yeah. But honestly I don't remember how they handled Vandal. But when Apoc is such a failure in that regard, they could easily do that and no one would complain about ripping off...

Well, Savage wanted to humanity to evolve so he could compete with higher powers out there in the universe, and he hated super heroes because he felt they sheltered humanity from disasters and experiencing hardship that would help him them evolve, so, his survival of the fittest mantra made more sense than Apocalypse. Then it was further revealed that he was somewhat responsible for meta humans in the first place, being people are basically branched out from smaller populations 1000s of years ago. Interestingly, this was Simonson's original plan for Apocalypse, he was supposed to view mutants as his "children" or something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.