Apocalypse trailer is here

#1 Posted by Chapmar (343 posts) - - Show Bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvnHv42T-A

From what I can see it is going to be Mystique and her X-men save the day. Because that's what these films have become.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#2 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9450 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar: looks good but when does it come out i thought it came out in may?

#3 Posted by william300 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks incredible. I'm loving their approach to Apocalypse, making him a false prophet/cult leader who manipulates people by pretending to be their god.

#4 Posted by poisonfleur (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

They did EVERY character justice!

Storm looks Amazing.
Wolverine is finally gone! :D
Nightcrawler and Jubilee are back!
Psylocke is sexy.
All the characters sound like they should.
Even Jenifer Lawrence did alright-- and she just plays herself every movie.

#5 Posted by Chapmar (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Hrmmm.... I am obviously not as optimistic as people here are XD

#6 Edited by RaunJisto (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good to me. I'll be looking forward to it.

#7 Posted by KittyParker13 (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

Hrmmm.... I am obviously not as optimistic as people here are XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#8 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

so stoked

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
#9 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (4701 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I don't like Mohawk Storm in the comic books, but her hair looks great in this trailer.
  • It was good to see Moira MacTaggert back, but I really hope they give her back some form of medical background or somehow allow her to be a 'Dr.' again - I thought they could have easily had her be a medical expert working with Interpol, pulled into the first movie because of a need to confirm some rumors, and didn't think making her an FBI agent added anything.
  • Charles learned from his mistake - I like the body armor look. If you're going to send underaged minors into dangerous situations potentially involving combat, at least give them shoulder pads.
  • They may need to edit this, because I can see tons of people jumping on the "I've been called Yahweh" part of Apocalypse's speech, which could hurt turnout.
  • I've never been a fan of Archangel, and this version still doesn't quite work. The feather knives will never be cool to me. Oh well.
  • I'm kind of sick of Mystique at this point, and really wish Jennifer Lawrence was filling another role. Mystique just doesn't really add much IMHO, and they changed her entire background to include her in these prequels to the extent that everything cool about Raven is pretty much overwritten. Oh well. I'm starting to wonder if it would have been better to have her play Emma Frost, or Amelia Voght...even Meggan would be great.
  • Havok is still on the team; I hope they clarify his relationship with Scott, if any, and I also hope he's not Scott's father since they appear close in age. If anything, they may have switched the ages around.
  • I hope Lorna Dane makes an appearance.
  • Their costume design for Jubilee nailed it.
  • I like Olivia Munn, but the costume design seems off - will give it a chance, since all we saw was a focused shot on her face with purple highlights, but the jacket shoulders seem very un-Horseman-like.

Overall, it accomplished it's mission of getting me excited.

#10 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3823 posts) - - Show Bio

*still trying to recover from that entrance Storm made*

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
#11 Posted by deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome!

#12 Posted by HAWK2916 (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good. The Havok/Scott thing still has me baffled. And really Mystique is.......I don't know, she should be serving Apocalypse more so than leading the Xmen so I don't know. But whatever I have to put the comics out of my mind when it comes to the movies

#13 Posted by Eeshaan1685 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

Turdpocalypse.

#14 Posted by CobraCommander (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#15 Posted by Abishai100 (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

Box Office Marlins

When people immigrate to America, do they turn on the TV and ask things like "Do these cute Keebler elf cookies and Ginsu knife capitalism commercials illuminate a festive celebration of profit?"

Well, I tell them, "Just wait for the X-Men: Apocalypse film, and you'll see how fantastic capitalism really is."

This should be the best film in the X-Men film franchise.

Professor X

No Caption Provided

#16 Posted by kgb725 (19553 posts) - - Show Bio

If Cyclops is remotely useful to the plot it deserves a 10/10

#17 Posted by Eeshaan1685 (3517 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

If Cyclops is remotely useful to the plot it deserves a 10/10

He'll be there as canon fodder as usual like in all the movies he's been in I think.

#18 Posted by rodrigomonsalv (195 posts) - - Show Bio

excited as beeeep

#19 Posted by Tazirai (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Was MEH! But i'll go see it.

#20 Posted by adamTRMM (9340 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything they build, will fall and on the ashes of their world, we'll build the better one.

Regardless of how I feel about this trailer, this is pretty epic lol

I don't want to get hyped about Singer's movie though, I did the same mistake with the flawless second trailer of DOFP and as the result my disappointment tarnished even the ok parts. Not doing the same mistake again, a grain of salt comes handy with this meal.

#21 Posted by pastepotpete1 (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

They did EVERY character justice!

Storm looks Amazing.

Wolverine is finally gone! :D

Nightcrawler and Jubilee are back!

Psylocke is sexy.

All the characters sound like they should.

Even Jenifer Lawrence did alright-- and she just plays herself every movie.

well what do you expect?no reason for him to be in this apocalyse movie he can care less about helping mutants or joining a team he just cares about getting with pretty women and getting paid and hurting people who poach bears

i dont see any way for him to logically be in this movie especially with a young jean grey around which would make logan seem like a pedaphile

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.