Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Another Reading Order Help Request.

JasperTheOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi Guys,

new to these forums, so first and foremost... HEY-Y'ALL!

Seondly, massively sorry to put yet another one of these on here, and apologies if it's gone in the wrong place. Really looking for some help.

I got into X-Men YEARS ago, moved to University, and my mum (never truely forgiven), gave my collection of X-Men and Batman novels to the local charity shop... Utter heartbreak. So i largely stopped reading. However, i then read that Joss Whedon was authoring a new series, so have been trying to get back into them recently... well, over the past 3/4 years. But I've missed TONNES.

So, i have rebuilt my collection, or am well on the way to doing so, but i just need a reading order for the following, and any other major Uncanny X-Men books/events i may be missing. Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated, and look forward to being a regular contributor on here in the future!

New X-Men Omnibus

Astonishing X-Men Omnibus + All other volumes up to 12 of The Astonishing X-Men (These are the most confusing! Are they canon?!)

Age of Apocalypse Omnibus

Keiron Gillen's run on Uncanny X-Men, Volumes 1-4

Avengers Vs X-Men

Utopia

X-Nation

Phoenix Endsong/Warsong omnibus

Schism

House of M

Messiah Complex

Second Coming

Newest volumes of Uncanny X-Men 1-3 (Revolution, Broken & The Good, The Bad, The Inhuman)

Many thanks in advance guys. Look forward to hearing from you.

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man, i read x-men for years and i can put them in reading order, but i follow x-men issue by issue so i dont have much idea which these volumes include which issues...

Age of Apocalypse, New X-Men Omnibus, Phoenix Endsong, House of M, Messiah Complex, Utopia, Nation X, Second Coming, Schism, Keiron Gillen's Uncanny X-Men (i cant say which volumes cause u know the reasons i wrote above), Avengers vs X-men, Newest volumes of Uncanny X-men.....thats the order, i hope it can help, i didnt include Astonishing X-men cause it doesnt matter much when u read them

JasperTheOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude thats awesome, thanks so much :-)

I'm cracking on with them all now, reordering and sorting my life out! Now... got to do the same with the Batman, which is made worse by the whole New 52 crap. Cheers though man, hugely appreciated.

JasperTheOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-daydream-: Are there any other volumes I should look into obtaining?

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaspertheotter: @jaspertheotter: Messiah War would be nice, it connects the Messiah Complex and Second Coming...i know you are into X-Men, not Avengers, but Avengers Disassembled is the story that triggers all these huge events going on in the lifes our lovely mutants, so i suggest you get and read it too

JasperTheOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-daydream-:

Ah brilliant, I'll have a look at those and try and nab a copy asap!

Thanks so much for the help :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.