Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

All New X-Men

Frenkcastle19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Frenkcastle19

Original x-men from All new x-men ( Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Jean Grey, and Angel ) time traveled from the past to the future. I have a question about the present Iceman and Cyclops and Beast. If the past x-men time traveled to the future then the present Beast, Iceman and cyclops would know that their younger self were going to be time traveling to the future because the present Iceman, Cyclops and Beast were in the same situation. So I predict that at the end of all new x-men volume or when it's time for young x-men to go back to their own time, someone will erase their memories of them being in the future or something like that. What do you guys think?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Wrong forum.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dangallant984

@Frenkcastle19: I hope they don't do it this way, personally. It just seems too obvious, too much of a cop out.. plus, eh, I'm really liking having them around. Another explanation would be that they are from the past, but not the one that leads to this present, or it's not because they left. I sort of think, and sort of hope, that this is more the direction they go with this one.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The young ones are from an alternate reality.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Veitha

They don't need to erase their memories... it doesn't work that way lol

When Mccoy has taken them away from their timeline, he has created an alternate timeline different from the 616. So if they would return back home, their home timeline wouldn't be Earth 616, so there wouldn't be any kind of paradox

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lykopis

You have to love comic logic.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Imperius_Rex

I thought exactly the same thing maybe I don't understand the MU as well as I'd like to but the only likely ending is a time jump mind wipe by cable or something lol. Or what if they go back and live life differently and Phoenix is destroyed early on then jean and Scott get married and have super talented mutant babies mawwwwweeee!!! And raise cable properly with a sister awee! Yeah do that marvel. Haha. Or keep the dark history that is mutants.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By fodigg

They will either have their memories erased or by bringing them forward Beast will have created a new alternate reality.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dangallant984

@lykopis said:

You have to love comic logic.

ha! or ignore logic to love comics..

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dayvid3

So is jean young enough so wolverine won't get too creepy and statutory? Time travel beyond stories about time travel usually sucks. Back to the Future is great, but just using it as a crutch to bring back chars, change story lines, play what if, bleh. Wasn't that the final nail in the coffin for Heroes?

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ScarletBatman

@Veitha said:

They don't need to erase their memories... it doesn't work that way lol

When Mccoy has taken them away from their timeline, he has created an alternate timeline different from the 616. So if they would return back home, their home timeline wouldn't be Earth 616, so there wouldn't be any kind of paradox

I'm pretty sure letting Jean run around the alternate reality's past with all those memories would majorly mess up that reality's future. You can't fix one reality but leave the other in ruin.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.