All-new x-men 22 Discussion

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll All-new x-men 22 Discussion (22 votes)

Good 86%
Bad 14%

What are your view on it?

• 
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Jean not acting like a brat this time and good for teen cyclops to check-up on his friend.

No Caption Provided

Good for teen iceman trying to stop them by his self. He's other incredible brave or foolish, lol.

No Caption Provided

Guardians of the galaxy showing up to late but its a good cliff hanger

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All in all it was a decent issue. Average, but not too great. The whole Shiar thing seems quite lame and shallow TBH. And sucks that Scott/Jean seems like it's gonna get completely retconned. But the weird part is, WHERE THE HELL ARE THE REST OF THE STAFF AT THE SCHOOL !?

And if the Shiar and GOTG know the location of the school, then why don't the Avengers ( Iron Man is part of GOTG) ?. Lazy writing IMHO.

TeamLeanGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TeamLeanGreen

Where was the poster? I thought it was supposed to have one.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All in all it was a decent issue. Average, but not too great. The whole Shiar thing seems quite lame and shallow TBH. And sucks that Scott/Jean seems like it's gonna get completely retconned. But the weird part is, WHERE THE HELL ARE THE REST OF THE STAFF AT THE SCHOOL !?

And if the Shiar and GOTG know the location of the school, then why don't the Avengers ( Iron Man is part of GOTG) ?. Lazy writing IMHO.

I didnt see Ironman there, i dont think hes with the GotG anymore but bendis said wait for issue 10/11(to find out if Ironman is still there or not)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, if were talking about the issue on its own it left me wanting more...if that's a good thing or a bad idk.

The Jean/Scott conversation was nice but considering we just got done with an action packed filler arc with the purifiers I would've preferred more dialogue from the characters before they go into a crossover (that's mostly there to promote GotG) and have to share panel time with them

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt they are going to actually ret-con Scott/Jean...even if they currently aren't together, the existence of their relationship is a HUGE plot element and is one of the things even non-hardcore fans of x-men know about. When the O5 do go back things will either already be back to status quo within their group, Xavier will mind-wipe them like they assume he will, or they do go back different but that just creates yet another alternate timeline and the main current timeline remains unaffected by whatever changes they make.

Bendis is just milking the drama from the situation he created for all its worth. To be fair knowing the dirty details of your future like Jean does really would probably cause a lot of stress and anguish...and ever since learning those details she really hasn't let on how its effected her...after the initial shock she has mostly just made little jokish quips about how she died "Twice".

But yeah...seems everyone can find the CXS except the Avengers.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

I doubt they are going to actually ret-con Scott/Jean...even if they currently aren't together, the existence of their relationship is a HUGE plot element and is one of the things even non-hardcore fans of x-men know about. When the O5 do go back things will either already be back to status quo within their group, Xavier will mind-wipe them like they assume he will, or they do go back different but that just creates yet another alternate timeline and the main current timeline remains unaffected by whatever changes they make.

Bendis is just milking the drama from the situation he created for all its worth. To be fair knowing the dirty details of your future like Jean does really would probably cause a lot of stress and anguish...and ever since learning those details she really hasn't let on how its effected her...after the initial shock she has mostly just made little jokish quips about how she died "Twice".

But yeah...seems everyone can find the CXS except the Avengers.

OMG poor teen jean, Damn you Bendis putting a girl though so much anguish because anguish is "in"(and i also blame the twilight books/graphic novel)

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was decent, more good than bad.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

It was decent, more good than bad.

Totally Agreed :)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

you left out the single best panel of...not just this comic but I'm going to go ahead and predict that it's the best panel of 2014

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Koays

Also did anyone notice that while Teen Cyclops seems oblivious to things that will happen and calls Jean out on not sharing, Teen Beast has a blackboard full of X-Men time travel shenanigans, Apocalypse possession and Mr Sinister? Does that mean he knows or did the artist just go fanservice crazy?

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordMordor

Scott pointed out that he is completely in the dark...but when Jean asked him what he wanted to know he backed off. More than likely he has avoided learning to much about what happened, especially after seeing how both Jean and Warren took learning about the future.

Hank on the otherhand, being the scientist he is, probably researched the HELL out of the current timeline. Possibly just for his own curiosity, possibly to try and discover why the O5 were unable to be sent back...

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By HumanRocket

I haven't read the issue and didn't feel like reading last weeks issue either. I feel that the O5 X-Men have just been running around the world and not doing much for me to stay interested in it.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I wants to read the crossover but i can't fit in my budget, its this or avengers. ugh

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

It was alright

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By fodigg

More positive than negative as a standalone, but for all that's happening it seems like nothing ever progresses along any arc. The characters are just kind of repeating the same conversations.

Best parts were Iceman.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I though it was better than the previous few issues, but I did have some problems with it. Firstly, Bendis just cannot write Laura correctly. She's also acting OOC just so he can force a love triangle between her, Jeen, and Young!Cyclops. Secondly, as other posters have pointed out, I find it hard to believe that both the Sh'iar and the GotG know where the NXS and Jeen are and the Avengers do not.

However, this issue did have some positive things going for it, like Iceboy actually doing something for once, Immonen's glorious art returning, and a story arc that promises proactive behaviour from the O5 (something which has been sorely lacking from the group thus far). It was an interesting start to the crossover, but, as Vendetta has taught me, we'll have to wait and see how well Bendis executes it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern said:

I wants to read the crossover but i can't fit in my budget, its this or avengers. ugh

X-men diffently x-men. :) I cannot wait for the next one, hurry and let it be wednesday already.

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheFirstLantern
Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I though it was better than the previous few issues, but I did have some problems with it. Firstly, Bendis just cannot write Laura correctly. She's also acting OOC just so he can force a love triangle between her, Jeen, and Young!Cyclops. Secondly, as other posters have pointed out, I find it hard to believe that both the Sh'iar and the GotG know where the NXS and Jeen are and the Avengers do not.

However, this issue did have some positive things going for it, like Iceboy actually doing something for once, Immonen's glorious art returning, and a story arc that promises proactive behaviour from the O5 (something which has been sorely lacking from the group thus far). It was an interesting start to the crossover, but, as Vendetta has taught me, we'll have to wait and see how well Bendis executes it.

Yeah, it bothers me how she talks like a 14 year old rich girl from the suburbs.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the art! As for the story, it was good. Not great but it was a nice start for the crossover.

I find it odd that Kitty had no idea of why would the Shi'ar be interested in Jean...I mean, really?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Art was great and I'm interesting in reading more about this.

And young Ice Man is so awesome.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mn_logan said:

@raggedscarecrow said:

Yeah, it bothers me how she talks like a 14 year old rich girl from the suburbs.

Yeah i dont get it either, how can the GotG know where the secret school is??? I guess the GotG only care about aliens invading earth and not about what is actually going in/around earth

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@hopesummersforthefuture: Don't worry. That was way back in issue 5. Jean Grey gonna get rescued and no one dies. ANXM is too good of a seller to just kill someone off right now. They killed Young Scott in BOTA 1 and older one disappeared too. So I don't think they will %(^* anything up right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I remember seeing that panel and immediately realising that the O5 were going to stay in the present after BotA.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow: @mn_logan: Here was a things to come Starlord's vision in GotG 5 pic:

No Caption Provided

Starlord and a sad jean grey, hmmm???

I'm more interested in Richard Rider's presence. Could he be coming back? (I don't read GotG so I have no idea what's been addressed from the panel and what hasn't).

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mn_logan said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I remember seeing that panel and immediately realising that the O5 were going to stay in the present after BotA.

Well you should have told the rest of us sooner, lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Don't worry. That was way back in issue 5. Jean Grey gonna get rescued and no one dies. ANXM is too good of a seller to just kill someone off right now. They killed Young Scott in BOTA 1 and older one disappeared too. So I don't think they will %(^* anything up right now.

I'm thinking Teen Jean does go Phoenix (at the end of the trial of jean grey) and sends everyone home/erase the aliens memories of her and the others. Also has to go away for a while ie in space. Eventually has to come back to earth to save it from the time-tears caused by the Age of Ultron.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@avenger85 said:

I'm thinking Teen Jean does go Phoenix (at the end of the trial of jean grey) and sends everyone home/erase the aliens memories of her and the others. Also has to go away for a while ie in space. Eventually has to come back to earth to save it from the time-tears caused by the Age of Ultron.

Nope. She's on the cover of ANXM 25, so I think she's gonna stay. She was not the Phoenix who wiped the aliens out anyways. And the O5 gotto stay together on earth, so I don't think that will be happening.

And I really hope the Phoenix doesn't return. We have all had enough of that.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@avenger85 said:

Nope. She's on the cover of ANXM 25, so I think she's gonna stay. She was not the Phoenix who wiped the aliens out anyways. And the O5 gotto stay together on earth, so I don't think that will be happening.

Well they keep hinting the phoenix and jean like in anxm15 where she used the phoenix image on everyone. Marvel is totally going to drop the phoenix bomb in jean, its marvel, lol. Although its true, im also sick of the whole phoenix plot device. Plus in the new wolverine and the x-men 3 Quire might become the new phoenix host with the secret of the phoenix corporation

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

it was good , though jean is very annoying with the no privacy tp eavesdropping , she probably gonna die

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

@avenger85 said:

Well they keep hinting the phoenix and jean like in anxm15 where she used the phoenix image on everyone. Marvel is totally going to drop the phoenix bomb in jean, its marvel, lol. Although its true, im also sick of the whole phoenix plot device. Plus in the new wolverine and the x-men 3 Quire might become the new phoenix host with the secret of the phoenix corporation

If that were the case then Xorn-Jean would be fully in control of her powers and be Phoenix too.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

it was good , though jean is very annoying with the no privacy tp eavesdropping , she probably gonna die

Well she cant really control it yet but yeah she does seem like she's eavesdropping alot even kitty had to tell her not to look in x-23's mind

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#37  Edited By time1

I didn't thing the issue was that good actually. I think the story will get better though. I think the last 2 issues of All new X-Men, haven't been that good. Let's hope they get better.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

@avenger85 said:

If that were the case then Xorn-Jean would be fully in control of her powers and be Phoenix too.

Well when xorn/jean was fighting future Quire she did say that the phoenix was always calling her name but i guess we have to wait and see(what marvel and bendis comes up with and if its bendis i hope its something good :/)

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@hopesummersforthefuture: If the Phoenix does show up, I hope it's White Phoenix and she Here Comes Tomorrow 616 And pushes Magda to miscarry. No House of M = None of this crap that it spawned.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: If the Phoenix does show up, I hope it's White Phoenix and she Here Comes Tomorrow 616 And pushes Magda to miscarry. No House of M = None of this crap that it spawned.

Nah House of M was Benids bigest/greatest thing, marvel loves Bendis now

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

I just saw Bendis Tumblr(idk why i always check there,lol) today and someone asked if ANXM25 is part of the "trial of jean grey" which Bendis said "in a way everything is", so im guessing something big happens. But "the trial of jean grey" is only supposed to be 6 part ending in anxm24 and GotG 13

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@avenger85 said:

@avenger85 said:

I just saw Bendis Tumblr(idk why i always check there,lol) today and someone asked if ANXM25 is part of the "trial of jean grey" which Bendis said "in a way everything is", so im guessing something big happens. But "the trial of jean grey" is only supposed to be 6 part ending in anxm24 and GotG 13

What he meant to say is that Every day has been a trial for Jean Grey and the rest of the O5 since they got to the present. Or something of that sort lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.