Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13404 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

After X-men Apocalypse what should fox do next

cameronstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After X-men Apocalypse what should fox do next with the series reboot it or make more movies or do spinoffs like Deadpool and other characters who deserve spinoffs or give X-men back to MARVEL which is very unlikely to ever happen

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope they do an x-men/avengers team up movie. that way we can see how well they do together against villians as opposed to making villians out of each other

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega Red.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Onslaught

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

X-Force and/or Deadpool (even though the Deadpool fad is 99% over).

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By devilsgrin81

@xspectre28 said:

i hope they do an x-men/avengers team up movie. that way we can see how well they do together against villians as opposed to making villians out of each other

Fox doesn't collaborate well with other studios.... We'll see how Star Wars goes... do Fox still own rights to the movies?

if Avengers/X-Men was on the movie cards, they wouldn't have cast two different actors to play Quicksilver.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CheeseSticks

After knowing that a mutant like Apocalypse caused all of this, God Love, Man Kills would be a logic choice.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Koays

Ian Mckellen as Magneto one last time for a House of M type story. Though I suppose the alternate timeline stuff will have been played out by then.

Maybe a take on Genosha? I don't think they have the cast for any X-men movie I'd like to see based on the comics. It would have to be something original or just spin off properties like X-Force/X-Factor

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They need to sell it back to Marvel and Marvel should do a total reboot/revamp or whatever. X1 and X2 were fine, First class was good though badly off in continuity. So i say start over and re-do everything. title it Uncanny Xmen or even go Astonishing Xmen

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there were some plans being talked about a crossover between X-men and Fantastic Four... I think that would be awesome....

Having X-men vs Avengers will have a low possibility of being made since there are 2 different actors for quicksilver

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully the rumoured X-Force film. The X-Men have been predominantly reactive so it would be interesting if some of the X-Men formed X-Force as a proactive entity in response to Apocalypse and the pretty much assured rise in mutophobia (and probably the introduction of the Purifiers/Friends of Humanity). Since Wolverine has led two incarnations of the team, coupled with FOX's inability to make a film about X-Men other than Wolverine, this seems like the most likely outcome.

If not, they could go always combine House of M elements into the Apocalypse film (since they can't do a full-on House of M without the Avengers), like the depowering thing after they transition back from the Age of Apocalypse, allowing them to skip straight into Messiah Complex and introduce Hope Summers in the following film. Other than that, I have no clue where FOX would go. The crossover between X-Men and the F4 maybe? But there'd have to be a new F4 movie first.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Captain13

I hope they reboot their universe and get things back to basics with a TEAM movie starring Cyclops as the lead with Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine as Co-Leads--like the Avengers. Also, let's have fewer pointless cameos please.

No Caption Provided

I would like to see this team crossover with Fox's new Fantastic Four, allowing for the introduction of alien races into the X-Universe.

No Caption Provided

Hopefully the X-Force film (featuring Cable, Deadpool, Psylocke, Bishop, and Forge) is also a good TEAM film that can also crossover with X-Men and Fantastic Four from time to time. I could see them going with a time-traveling assassin mission for the team as they try to prevent certain historical events from ever happening.

No Caption Provided

It would be cool to see good Deadpool, Gambit, and Wolverine films as well.

No Caption Provided

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The potential Fox-Universe excites me most. They just need to line up their ducks first.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blacharrt1

Give the rights back to Marvel, and stop making these movies. Seriously none of them are good movies, much less good hero movies. Kickass 2 was better than all the x-men movies combined and he doesn't even have superpowers. Heck I am number 4 was better, it had a cohesive story, go show of powers, and a lead person people could identify with. Heck i would even say Push or Jumpers was a better hero movie and i didn't even like it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give the rights back to Marvel, and stop making these movies. Seriously none of them are good movies, much less good hero movies. Kickass 2 was better than all the x-men movies combined and he doesn't even have superpowers. Heck I am number 4 was better, it had a cohesive story, go show of powers, and a lead person people could identify with. Heck i would even say Push or Jumpers was a better hero movie and i didn't even like it.

X-Men 2 is still regarded as one of the best super hero films to date.

Most of Marvel Studios movies outside of Avengers and the first Iron Man all have mixed or negative reviews from both fans and critics, so, I don't know why everyone is so adamant on Marvel getting the rights back.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sell the rights back to marvel.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1 said:

X-Men 2 is still regarded as one of the best super hero films to date.

Most of Marvel Studios movies outside of Avengers and the first Iron Man all have mixed or negative reviews from both fans and critics, so, I don't know why everyone is so adamant on Marvel getting the rights back.

X2 was the best, and remains one of the best to date of hero movies, you're right.

Marvel Studios movies, however, seem to have a level of polish and cohesion that the Fox movies lack. There's also more of an ensemble in even the solo hero movies. Iron Man was great, but without a solid supporting cast even RDj couldn't have held the 2nd and 3rd movies together. The first one was even more an ensemble. Fox movies are all about Wolverboring. Hugh Jackman is a great guy, but seriously... its time to let some other character pull focus. DoFP will be interesting with Fassbender and J-Law... both are rocketing up the A-list ranks, Jennifer Lawrence is THE biggest thing in Hollywood atm... might be nice to see Wolverboring shunted off to at least shared spotlight.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I am so down for this idea, right here. Although screw solo films... They are pretty lame and a bummer & waste if you don't care about Wolverine or Deadpool.

I hope they reboot their universe and get things back to basics with a TEAM movie starring Cyclops as the lead with Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine as Co-Leads--like the Avengers. Also, let's have fewer pointless cameos please.

No Caption Provided

I would like to see this team crossover with Fox's new Fantastic Four, allowing for the introduction of alien races into the X-Universe.

No Caption Provided

Hopefully the X-Force film (featuring Cable, Deadpool, Psylocke, Bishop, and Forge) is also a good TEAM film that can also crossover with X-Men and Fantastic Four from time to time. I could see them going with a time-traveling assassin mission for the team as they try to prevent certain historical events from ever happening.

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X2 was the best, and remains one of the best to date of hero movies, you're right.

Marvel Studios movies, however, seem to have a level of polish and cohesion that the Fox movies lack. There's also more of an ensemble in even the solo hero movies. Iron Man was great, but without a solid supporting cast even RDj couldn't have held the 2nd and 3rd movies together. The first one was even more an ensemble. Fox movies are all about Wolverboring. Hugh Jackman is a great guy, but seriously... its time to let some other character pull focus. DoFP will be interesting with Fassbender and J-Law... both are rocketing up the A-list ranks, Jennifer Lawrence is THE biggest thing in Hollywood atm... might be nice to see Wolverboring shunted off to at least shared spotlight.

I disagree with that. X3 and Wolverine Origins not withstanding of course, I think the X-Men films made by actual quality directors exceed everything Marvel has put out on a lot of levels. They have depth, emotion, and are just overall better made whether its cinematography or just plain dialogue an scripting. Look at the beginnings of First Class and the original X-Men film for instance, the opening scenes speak multitudes of life as a Jew in Nazi Germany, you get a sense right there of why Magneto would be the way he is when his parents are taken away from him as a young boy and its rather moving, and then subsequently hi mom is killed in front of him. Then look at a movie like Captain America, they didn't even truly have Nazis in it because I guess it would confuse children?? You never really get as sense of why the bad guys are bad other than them just telling you.

The fact that Wolverine is the star of most of the X-films is a lot more complicated then just that. When X-Men 1 and 2 came out, comic book films weren't that common, Fox wouldn't take a chance so its natural that the most well known X-Man would take center stage. His career also blew up during that time and it would have been weird to ask a major Hollywood draw to take a backseat to another, lesser known actor. Fans need to understand that Hollywood doesn't exist to make movies for just them, they make movies for a broad audience all over the world, and people like and recognize Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, so, thats what were going to get. Anyways, I think the upcoming film has more to do with Professor X and Magneto. Also, You could make the argument that the Avengers is the Robert Downey Jr show, because he is the top draw. Thats just the way Hollywood works unfortunately.

Avatar image for cyclops_was_right
    CYCLOPS_WAS_RIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any x-men movie that doesn't focus on wolverine is fine with me....

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Honestly, I think Apocalypse should be the end of this iteration of the X-men. The actors are getting older and by then it'll be a good time to work on another incarnation. That being said, I loved the X-men movies as they introduced me to comics as a pre-teen and familiarized me with the X-men so I'd rather they end on a high note.

It's unfortunately true. And, like I said, I love those movies but within them we've had 3 different versions of Kitty Pryde, 2 different Emma Frosts, 2 Jubilees, a sorta-Psylocke that even the crew and writers weren't entirely clear was Psylocke for the entirety of the production and only retroactively became Psylocke...kinda, then there's the Deadpool without a mouth even though part of his whole schtick is being "The Merc with the Mouth".

I think Bryan Singer is the saving grace, it's not as much Fox studios as it is him. Sure, he didn't stick to continuity but that was much more for more budgetary reasons than anything else. The script for the first X-men movie was actually supposed to include Beast and Nightcrawler but their inclusion would've gone 5 million dollars over-budget so they had to be cut, I believe the same goes for Angel as well but that was earlier in the production.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81 said:

I disagree with that. X3 and Wolverine Origins not withstanding of course, I think the X-Men films made by actual quality directors exceed everything Marvel has put out on a lot of levels. They have depth, emotion, and are just overall better made whether its cinematography or just plain dialogue an scripting. Look at the beginnings of First Class and the original X-Men film for instance, the opening scenes speak multitudes of life as a Jew in Nazi Germany, you get a sense right there of why Magneto would be the way he is when his parents are taken away from him as a young boy and its rather moving, and then subsequently hi mom is killed in front of him. Then look at a movie like Captain America, they didn't even truly have Nazis in it because I guess it would confuse children?? You never really get as sense of why the bad guys are bad other than them just telling you.

The fact that Wolverine is the star of most of the X-films is a lot more complicated then just that. When X-Men 1 and 2 came out, comic book films weren't that common, Fox wouldn't take a chance so its natural that the most well known X-Man would take center stage. His career also blew up during that time and it would have been weird to ask a major Hollywood draw to take a backseat to another, lesser known actor. Fans need to understand that Hollywood doesn't exist to make movies for just them, they make movies for a broad audience all over the world, and people like and recognize Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, so, thats what were going to get. Anyways, I think the upcoming film has more to do with Professor X and Magneto. Also, You could make the argument that the Avengers is the Robert Downey Jr show, because he is the top draw. Thats just the way Hollywood works unfortunately.

I think X1 and X2 are great. Bryan Singer was at his best in these films. And their continued high regard reflects this. They pioneered the return to the comic movie and did it with style, substance and respect. Since then tho, he has directed none, and only produced First Class.... So they completely went FUBAR. I understand completely why Wolverine was the star of the movies... and Hugh Jackman only became big because of Wolverine. Sure he's not getting shelved, but Halle Berry's own career exploded at the same time... to Oscar, Emmy and Golden Globes acclaim. (Catwoman and Gothika killed her career but thats another story), why then was Storm not pushed forward? Halle may be practically insane, but she is a fantastic actress (i suspect Bryan wanted to see more of Hugh naked... so... less screen time for chicks in leather)

Iron Man was THE star of Avengers. NO QUESTION. But he was not the only character in it to get decent screen time. Hulk/Banner had lots of time - more than enough to cement his status as the best Hulk ever. (generally considered of course). All the other Avengers team members, except perhaps for Hawkeye and Cap got pretty significant time to shine. The X-Men movies are not at all the same. They're about Wolverboring. And thats it. Lol... even First Class had to have him in it, even if only for a cameo... it wasn't funny, it wasn't cute... it was actually kinda pathetic. Ruined the entire montage that was happening at that time in the movie.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think X1 and X2 are great. Bryan Singer was at his best in these films. And their continued high regard reflects this. They pioneered the return to the comic movie and did it with style, substance and respect. Since then tho, he has directed none, and only produced First Class.... So they completely went FUBAR. I understand completely why Wolverine was the star of the movies... and Hugh Jackman only became big because of Wolverine. Sure he's not getting shelved, but Halle Berry's own career exploded at the same time... to Oscar, Emmy and Golden Globes acclaim. (Catwoman and Gothika killed her career but thats another story), why then was Storm not pushed forward? Halle may be practically insane, but she is a fantastic actress (i suspect Bryan wanted to see more of Hugh naked... so... less screen time for chicks in leather)

Iron Man was THE star of Avengers. NO QUESTION. But he was not the only character in it to get decent screen time. Hulk/Banner had lots of time - more than enough to cement his status as the best Hulk ever. (generally considered of course). All the other Avengers team members, except perhaps for Hawkeye and Cap got pretty significant time to shine. The X-Men movies are not at all the same. They're about Wolverboring. And thats it. Lol... even First Class had to have him in it, even if only for a cameo... it wasn't funny, it wasn't cute... it was actually kinda pathetic. Ruined the entire montage that was happening at that time in the movie.

I feel like you are being a little unilateral in your opinion. Your saying things like "Yeah, Downey Jr. is that star of Avengers but other also got decent screen time" But then you make it out to sound like no one else did in the X-Men movies.

I think in the first X-Men film, sure Wolverine was the main character but I think Senator Kelly, Magneto, Professor X all had decent screen time as well. In X2 I think everyone gets a good amount, some of the best scenes in that film don't even have Wolverine in them, like the opening scene with Nightcrawler, the scene where Magneto first meets Pyro, Storms conversation with Nightcrawler and Halle Berry did have a larger role in X2 and X3, about as a big as a role as someone like Black Widow had. Its just the unfortunate outcome of superhero team movies that a lot of characters get completely downsized in favor of others.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By goobot

@cattlebattle said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

Oh come on, Iron man was the only one to get two phase one movies, he lead the Avengers movie and got a cameo in the hulk movie, you are being so biased.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

They need to sell it back to Marvel and Marvel should do a total reboot/revamp or whatever. X1 and X2 were fine, First class was good though badly off in continuity. So i say start over and re-do everything. title it Uncanny Xmen or even go Astonishing Xmen

This. I agree with this 100%.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Mutant Massacre

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By devilsgrin81

@goobot said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

Oh come on, Iron man was the only one to get two phase one movies, he lead the Avengers movie and got a cameo in the hulk movie, you are being so biased.

how is your comment a counter to my argument... seems you just agreed with me... was saying anything even necessary then? counter-bias from others is always just as amusing.

i truly doubt when Iron Man came out there were any concrete Avengers plans. iirc there was studio talk suggesting Iron Man was a big risk - not a big enough character to make Spidey-like money... the clincher of course was RDj... he IS Tony Stark. That was the key ingredient for the movies success... and remember at that time he was still considered an "iffy" actor. Not restored to his true popularity... the Lindsay Lohan of the early noughties...

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By goobot

@devilsgrin81 said:

@goobot said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

how is your comment a counter to my argument... seems you just agreed with me... was saying anything even necessary then? counter-bias from others is always just as amusing.

i truly doubt when Iron Man came out there were any concrete Avengers plans. iirc there was studio talk suggesting Iron Man was a big risk - not a big enough character to make Spidey-like money... the clincher of course was RDj... he IS Tony Stark. That was the key ingredient for the movies success... and remember at that time he was still considered an "iffy" actor. Not restored to his true popularity... the Lindsay Lohan of the early noughties...

How am i being biased? You were hating on the x-men films for the very thing you were praising the Avenger ones. Also do you really think that the x-men films weren't a gamble either? They didn't have plans to go anywhere near this far nor did they know that the first was going to be a success.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic Four team up, House of M, Decimation or Second Coming.

Age of X would be awesome but I doubt that will ever happen.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By devilsgrin81

@goobot said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@goobot said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

How am i being biased? You were hating on the x-men films for the very thing you were praising the Avenger ones. Also do you really think that the x-men films weren't a gamble either? They didn't have plans to go anywhere near this far nor did they know that the first was going to be a success.

i was not praising Avengers and hating on the x-men films for doing the "same" thing. They have never done the same thing. Aside from both being Marvel Comic hero team movies, they couldn't be more different. X-Men movies have always been about Wolverine. Avengers was an Iron Man led ensemble. All the characters had their moments. That is NOT the case with any of the X-Men movies, except for First Class which essentially lacks Wolverine. Each of the individual Phase One and the 2 Phase Two movies so far - and i see no reason for Winter Soldier not to continue, since its Cap, Widow and Bucky - has had a strong centre character with reasonably-to-very-well fleshed out supporting characters. The X-Men movies don't have that at all. Give me an example of character development in any X-Men movie that is not in First Class which isn't Wolverine... and i'll willingly concede to a bias against him (i've not been shy about that). Not the X-Men movies... its the non-stop Wolverine that ruins them, not the movies themselves.

My main point in favour of Avengers and Marvel Studios was the cohesion of storyline, plot and characterisation. X-Men movies completely disregard chronology, characterisation, their own in-universe canon... theres no consistency. Visual finish is also above the Fox standards. And, yes, i can tell the difference between movies made roughly 10 years apart. And also reconcile the differences in technology available. X-Men and X-Men 2 - for which i have almost unlimited praise (apart from Wolverine and the shadow he casts), are beautifully shot and have excellent special effects. Not the cutting edge standard for its day, but done very well with Fox's limited budget.

Fox has made it impossible to have a non-Wolverine X-Men movie. Had he not been in the first one, no-one would have missed him much. Had he been the supporting character he should have been in an intro-movie like X-Men and he'd have been great. Sure Marvel Studios may have made it difficult to not have Iron Man in the next Avengers... but the other characters at least have their own films to shine in.

Of course the original x-men movie was a risk, as was having Bryan Singer direct it. But there's a massive difference between an X-Men movie at the end of the 90s when the x-men were at or very near their popularity peak, and Iron Man mid-noughties when he was as indifferent to most comic readers as ever, and virtually unknown to the non-saturday morning cartoon watching public. Throw in that X-Men came out like 6 years before Iron Man... it wasn't as big a risk as Iron Man. But its success paved the way for all the comic films to come.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By goobot

@devilsgrin81: First off I'm going to have to agree with the movie's stories not lining up correctly, but that is completely First class's fault.

What I'm trying to say is Marvel is doing the same thing as Fox when it comes to putting Iron Man in the spotlight like Wolverine. Wolverine has had 2 Films to himself, Iron Man has had 3. Iron man lead the Avengers but it wasn't 100% about him, i would say the same about X3 with Wolverine. First class had a Wolverine cameo like Hulk had a Stark cameo. X1 and 2 weren't wolverine centric stories so I'm not going to talk about them. So essentially they are in the same boat. As for everything else i wasn't really referring to any of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.