616 Kitty Pryde is running for President

#1 Posted by Koays (9716 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Merry Christmas.

#2 Posted by MrNihal (2634 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Really?

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (17229 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't this always Claremont's endgame for the character??

*Sees Claremont wrote this*

Oh.

It's good to see this man never gives up.

Also, in the lofty speech I can't help but notice that it is implied that what happened in Genosha is being subtly compared to the Holocaust™. I don't get it. One was a convoluted series of events in world's history and the other was a crazy stillborn evil psychic entity twin just killing lots of people to mess with her brother. Whatever. Comic books are lame sometimes.

#4 Posted by Koays (9716 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Lmao
Marvel: Alright Chris. We know how wordy and complicated you like to get. And how you never give up on your 50 year plans for characters. But were really focused on a direction right now and we don't need anything complicated distracting the readers.
Claremont: *old man smile* How many issues do I get?
Marvel: We were gonna give you half a issue...but since your doing that same creepy smile you did right before you gave Rogue a bunch of sleeve tattoos, were gonna give you a page.
Claremont: Can I use narrator boxes?
Marvel: Fine....as long as you don't do anything that might be seen as world changing or culminating a long winded goal like...
Claremont: KITTYS THE PRESIDENT! WERE CALLING HER KATE NOW! SCREW YOU BYE!!!

#5 Posted by adamTRMM (8437 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait where is this from?

#6 Posted by AsheTDust (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm okay with this.

#7 Posted by PyroFN (4861 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: The Merry Christmas issue of X-Men.

#8 Posted by Takeshi57 (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiiit... don't you have to be at least 32 years old to be the president? I guess time's finally caught up with her.

#9 Edited by PyroFN (4861 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @cattlebattle: Wasn’t Kitty president in X-Men: The End?

*googles the mini-series*

Written by Chris Claremont....huh, go figure.

#10 Posted by Koays (9716 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiiit... don't you have to be at least 32 years old to be the president? I guess time's finally caught up with her.

You know I wanna shut this down, but if we go by marvel time that puts the O5 and Storm in their late 30s to early 40s then she really could be.

#11 Posted by MrNihal (2634 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#12 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5228 posts) - - Show Bio

huh, no. stay x-maning

Avatar image for demightysquidge
#13 Posted by DeMightySquidge (54 posts) - - Show Bio

This sort of thing never turns out well.

#14 Posted by MrNihal (2634 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by GladeusEx (620 posts) - - Show Bio

In a world that apparently still hates mutants, in a world where Kitty Pryde is just another hero, and in a world where Kitty is obviously too young to be any sort of government official, how the hell does this work.

Ugh, whatever. It'll never last, it'll - literally - be over-political and it's doomed to fail.

Long live the Black Queen, etc etc.

#16 Posted by PyroFN (4861 posts) - - Show Bio

@gladeusex: *ahem* Black King. Unless you’re hailing Selene, in which, eh.

#17 Posted by jhazzroucher (24520 posts) - - Show Bio

Written by Guggenheim?

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (17229 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:
@takeshi57 said:

You know I wanna shut this down, but if we go by marvel time that puts the O5 and Storm in their late 30s to early 40s then she really could be.

Woah, woah, woah.....woah. Are you guys talking about boundaries?? This is Claremont we're talking here. The guy laughs at them and masturbates to the idea of breaking boundaries. Not only will Kitty be the first Mutant President, but also the first female and Jewish president. Then I imagine at some point Claremont will have her develop cosmic powers somehow and she will defeat a Celestial, because he also nonsensically does shit like that.

#19 Posted by GladeusEx (620 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by jhazzroucher (24520 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she has guts and desire so why not?

I really want the age requirement for running for president to be lowered down.

the young people should have the right to run for president too.

#21 Edited by MrNihal (2634 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Woah, woah, woah.....woah. Are you guys talking about boundaries?? This is Claremont we're talking here. The guy laughs at them and masturbates to the idea of breaking boundaries. Not only will Kitty be the first Mutant President, but also the first female and Jewish president. Then I imagine at some point Claremont will have her develop cosmic powers somehow and she will defeat a Celestial, because he also nonsensically does shit like that.

Isn't that storm?

#22 Posted by cattlebattle (17229 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:
@cattlebattle said:

Isn't that storm?

Nah man. He wanked all the female characters. In the 80s Kitty was a teenage genius ninja computer hacker with a gnarly pet dragon who best buds with most bad ass character and was the lynch pin to all the X-Men's victories. Claremont couldn't have gotten any more mary sue with her if he made her Jewish like himself....oh wait...

#23 Posted by PyroFN (4861 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (24520 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm would be a great president of the Philippines. :)

#25 Posted by Mizerous (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't she be worried about purple death robots on her door during the holidays?

#26 Posted by Thunderscream (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:
@cattlebattle said:

Isn't that storm?

Nah man. He wanked all the female characters. In the 80s Kitty was a teenage genius ninja computer hacker with a gnarly pet dragon who best buds with most bad ass character and was the lynch pin to all the X-Men's victories. Claremont couldn't have gotten any more mary sue with her if he made her Jewish like himself....oh wait...

Kitty already has cosmic powers because of the Black Mirror. She can phase the whole freakin' planet...with just a little nose bleed.

I wish they'd have her hold a lower political office first and build from there. Put Kitty in Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's shoes to shake up Washington before rising through the ranks. What X-Men would she surround herself with on the campaign trail for points of reference? Would she need to keep a safe distance from the core team to avoid being entrapped by accusations of violence as the X-Men are painted as extremists by the BOM (Brotherhood of Morality)?

Was it BotA's alternate future where Dazzler became prez? That was weird. This is weird too. Kitty has been a lot of things, this just doesn't seem like a fit for her. I would've pegged Havok if anyone back when he was running the unity squad...buuuuuut those days're long gone.

#27 Posted by MrNihal (2634 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderscream: You mean black vortex?Or there is black mirror too?

Yes in BOTA dazzler is president.

#28 Posted by Thunderscream (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: Oh you're right, Vortex. It's early here. Black Mirror is a show on Netflix.

#29 Posted by jhazzroucher (24520 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:

@thunderscream: You mean black vortex?Or there is black mirror too?

Yes in BOTA dazzler is president.

I remember that too.

#30 Posted by cattlebattle (17229 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty already has cosmic powers because of the Black Mirror. She can phase the whole freakin' planet...with just a little nose bleed.

I wish they'd have her hold a lower political office first and build from there. Put Kitty in Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's shoes to shake up Washington before rising through the ranks. What X-Men would she surround herself with on the campaign trail for points of reference? Would she need to keep a safe distance from the core team to avoid being entrapped by accusations of violence as the X-Men are painted as extremists by the BOM (Brotherhood of Morality)?

Was it BotA's alternate future where Dazzler became prez? That was weird. This is weird too. Kitty has been a lot of things, this just doesn't seem like a fit for her. I would've pegged Havok if anyone back when he was running the unity squad...buuuuuut those days're long gone.

You mean Black Vortex, Black Mirror is a tv show.

An no, Kitty should not be analogous to some shit tier politician who just promises people free shit that is gloated over by Neo Liberals and the media because of her ethnicity. She should be though, as you mentioned, analogous to a politician with ties to what is perceived as an "extremist group" but all of those have ties to groups that wouldn't be seen as "OK to justify" in our society.

As for Kitty's future, it was always hinted at that she would be some sort of politician. Claremont wasn't very good at foreshadowing and basically spelled out the final outcomes for most of the characters he worked with while writing. Kitty was always basically his mouthpiece for long winded diatribes about societal woes and prejudice along with Professor X, so, it wasn't hard to see that as a potential outcome for the character, which was later solidified in "X-Men The End" where he had Kitty indeed become President of the US.

#31 Edited by Stahlflamme (5463 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: You know neo liberalism is less social security, less taxes, more privatization, right? It was a school of thought invented by Friedrich August von Hayeck about twenty of whose students were simultaneously economic advisers to Reagan and essentially crafted his entire devastating economic agenda. So why don't you learn what the words you use mean before you use them.

#32 Posted by cattlebattle (17229 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: You know neo liberalism is less social security, less taxes, more privatization, right? It was a school of thought invented by Friedrich August von Hayeck about twenty of whose students were simultaneously economic advisers to Reagan and essentially crafted his entire devastating economic agenda. So why don't you learn what the words you use mean before you use them.

Go away, NPC,.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.