Follow

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Movie » X-Men: Days of Future Past released on May 23, 2014.

The seventh installment in the X-Men film series, loosely based on the 1981 comic storyline. It marks Bryan Singer's return to the X-Men franchise. This time Wolverine and some X-Men have to save the future by changing the past.

Mark Millar Talks About Kitty Pryde and Sentinels in 'Days of Future Past' Film

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

If you've read 'Days of Future Past,' then you know Kitty Pryde and the Sentinels play a significant role. Thankfully, Mark Millar, the creative consultant for 20th Century Fox's Marvel movies, has implied we'll get a good deal of both in X-Men: Days of Future Past!

In the source material, Kitty Pryde is sent back into her younger body in order to prevent the bleak future from happening. Speaking with SFX, Millar claims fans of the character will be happy with her role.

Ach, I cannae get into that [laughs]. As soon as I say something it will turn into a big internet story. Let me put it this way though: Kitty Pryde fans will not be disappointed.
    No Caption Provided

He also dishes out plenty of info on the Sentinels and what it's like to finally see them take a more prominent role.

I don’t really want to give too much away but the Sentinels are a big feature of this story. They will be cool and this will deliver on all of the teasers. We’ve all been waiting for this ever since X-Men: The Last Stand showed us one of their heads. Now it is finally coming, and we only have to pay ten quid to see it in the cinema whereas they’re having to pay $100 million to deliver it. So I’m delighted [laughs].”

Additionally, Millar praises director Bryan Singer's abilities, saying he's the man to properly juggle all of the players in this film. There's certainly quite a few since we're diving into past and future X-Men, and who knows if we'll see Mystique'sBrotherhood of Evil Mutants, too.

Just look at these first two X-Men movies: despite the huge cast of characters it all came together really well. These two movies never felt like overload and the balance was really, really good. On the other hand I thought the third film felt crowded, but then Singer is excellent at working with ensemble casts. So with this one I feel it is all fine. I have read the screenplay and it doesn’t feel rushed and it doesn’t feel like it is too many characters.

Check out the full interview for additional tidbits on the film and his thoughts on Marvel spin-offs. You'll be interested to hear he speaks his mind about The Dark Knight Rises and is clearly displeased with one part. He even shares a bit on Kick-Ass and Dredd as well.

Source: SFX

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By impossibilly

I'm psyched that Bryan Singer is returning to the X-Men film franchise. X-Men 2 was the peak of the series in my opinion.

I'm also very excited that my favorite X-Man, Kitty Pryde, will be featured prominently in the film. Is Ellen Page returning to play her?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@impossibilly: Yes, it is confirmed Ellen Page will return to the role.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RedQueen

Sounds like they are going to do the source material justice; having Kitty and the Sentinels in can only be a good thing. Hopefully both play big roles- just imagine the first teaser and a huge Sentinel rearing out of the darkness.....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Can't wait for this

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By sentryman555

I remember seeing the sentinel head in the trailer for x-men 3 and then being hugely disappointed in theaters when I realized that was the only time we see the sentinels in the movie. Can't wait to finally see them on the big screen!

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Hopefully the Sentinels are going to be big, bad, nasty and clueless (remember the ace of spades incident in X-Men: TAS?)

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By impossibilly

@k4tzm4n said:

Nice. I'm very happy to read that.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'm sorry but ,I'll be glad when the rights to the Xmen go back to marvel and away from fox, Then maybe we can get a movie called Uncanny Xmen and the characters who are in the source material such as:

Take us back to the basic team,add a Kitty Pryde and build on that. I say scrap anything Fox related. Uncanny X-men coming in 2015!

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By queenfrost_

My theory? They will change the story so our present day will be the 'days of future past' world and the 70s/80s (whenever this film is set) will be the normal 'present day' world. Maybe Kitty will come back to warn Xavier of the future and tell him not to form the x-men or something?

I'm sad Ellen is reprising the role. I didn't rlly like her for it

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Bestostero

I'm looking forward to this, this could be really good

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#11  Edited By StMichalofWilson

This is going to be epic!!!

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

I hope for GIANT Scale in Sentinels like bigger then buildings

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

My opinion of course

@evilvegeta74 said:

I'm sorry but ,I'll be glad when the rights to the Xmen go back to marvel and away from fox,

I say nay to this. Marvel has only made 2 good movies out of like 6, and that would be Avengers and Iron Man 1. Every other they have made was decent at best, and just seemed like they made it in a rush to hype Avengers (which paid off actually). Also, doesn't anyone find it funny that when Sony had the rights to Spider-Man animation they made a series like 1000x superior to Marvels animated "Ultimate Spider-Man". This is pretty much evidence that Marvel doesn't always know best.

@evilvegeta74 said:

Then maybe we can get a movie called Uncanny Xmen and the characters who are in the source material such as:

All the characters in the source material are in the X-Men movies....in fact the X-Men comics and cartoons took A LOT of ideas from the X-Men films. 

@evilvegeta74 said:

Take us back to the basic team,add a Kitty Pryde and build on that. I say scrap anything Fox related. Uncanny X-men coming in 2015!

There is no real basic team for the X-men. 
    frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By frozenedge2

The more i hear about this, the more I'm excited to see this. Can't wait till we get a trailer for it too

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dondave

Can't wait

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By evilvegeta74

@cattlebattle said:

My opinion of course

@evilvegeta74 said:

I'm sorry but ,I'll be glad when the rights to the Xmen go back to marvel and away from fox,

I say nay to this. Marvel has only made 2 good movies out of like 6, and that would be Avengers and Iron Man 1. Every other they have made was decent at best, and just seemed like they made it in a rush to hype Avengers (which paid off actually). Also, doesn't anyone find it funny that when Sony had the rights to Spider-Man animation they made a series like 1000x superior to Marvels animated "Ultimate Spider-Man". This is pretty much evidence that Marvel doesn't always know best.

@evilvegeta74 said:

Then maybe we can get a movie called Uncanny Xmen and the characters who are in the source material such as:

All the characters in the source material are in the X-Men movies....in fact the X-Men comics and cartoons took A LOT of ideas from the X-Men films.

@evilvegeta74 said:

There is no real basic team for the X-men.

Let me say Uncanny Xmen of this time frame, instead of basic team to clearify myself:: add a KittyPryde!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @evilvegeta74 said:

eam to clearify myself:: add a KittyPryde!
    I know what you meant. I just always wonder why comic fans say this stuff. I mean they had a different line up when they did this story line in the X-Men cartoon, and Wolverine and the X-men. Why would you want it directly adapted from the comic....so you know everything thats going to happen.....how boring. If I want to see the exact story from the comic I will go read the comic.
    Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mucklefluga

X-Men The Last Stand is shit, but hopefully this one will be good.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Decoy Elite

Don't trust Millar as far as I could throw him.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By evilvegeta74

Not neccessarily adapted, stick to source material , I just wanna go away from the Fox influenced Xmen, cartoons and all. As far as comic plots go everyone knows the good guys win at the end of the day, that doesn't make plots boring. You and I both knew thew the plot between Bane and Batman but that still didn't make the TDKR a boring movie to you nor I. That being said, who's to say what a general audience may say about a comic book adaptation. Once again lets go with a clean slate and start fresh, thats all I'm saying. I mean when, you looked up and saw Wolverine fighting the Juggernaut instead of Colossus in X-men United we Stand, you had to be disappointed.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SavageDragon

Im happy Millar is on board with Fox super hero projects now.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Mbecks14

@k4tzm4n said:

HELL YES!

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By impossibilly

@Mbecks14 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

HELL YES!

Happy to see I'm not the only Ellen Page fan here.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Eh, I like Millar but just because he's giving praise to Bryan Singer doesn't mean I trust it. Still, awesome.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#25  Edited By fables87

I'd love to seethe Sentinels in the movie rather then a cameo, as in the other movies.

Avatar image for robson_waterkemper
    robson_waterkemper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queenfrost_ said:

My theory? They will change the story so our present day will be the 'days of future past' world and the 70s/80s (whenever this film is set) will be the normal 'present day' world. Maybe Kitty will come back to warn Xavier of the future and tell him not to form the x-men or something?

Kitty will come back to the past to warn Xavier not let Cyclops search for Jean Grey in the Lake, preventing X3 from happening, and erasing it out of continuity.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JamDamage

Jack the Giant killer looks god awful.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By havoc1201

@robson_waterkemper said:

@queenfrost_ said:

Kitty will come back to the past to warn Xavier not let Cyclops search for Jean Grey in the Lake, preventing X3 from happening, and erasing it out of continuity.

we can only pry that they Make X-3 Never happen, maybe she can go back in time to prevent Ratner from ever being born, then we wouldnt have sh!ty rush hour movies either.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Onemoreposter

I can't believe we're about to be 6 X-films deep and we're just now seeing the sentinels.

In any case, Singer has always been good at balancing the fantastical with realism. Even Superman Returns I think was "technically" very well done. I think with a bit of luck this should be the best X-film yet.

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

days of future past is one of my fav x-men stories and if it gets a propper adaption, i might forgive fox for x-men origins.

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GolDEnsPectre

Personally I can't wait for this movie. I love the theories out there. But I read somewhere they were adding a new character that can rival Magneto, so I was think Polaris? or maybe Scarlet Witch? I mean if this is suppose to be based in the 70's/80's couldn't he have met someone in the 60's(Magda?????)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cattlebattle
    @evilvegeta74 said:

. As far as comic plots go everyone knows the good guys win at the end of the day, that doesn't make plots boring. You and I both knew thew the plot between Bane and Batman but that still didn't make the TDKR a boring movie

I didn't know the plot between Batman and Bane. I never read Knightfall and had no idea what was going to happen. Although that film was heavily influenced by the Dark Knight Returns it still had a lot of original content. Not unlike an X-men movie.

@evilvegeta74 said:

That being said, who's to say what a general audience may say about a comic book adaptation. Once again lets go with a clean slate and start fresh, thats all I'm saying. I mean when, you looked up and saw Wolverine fighting the Juggernaut instead of Colossus in X-men United we Stand, you had to be disappointed.

They can start fresh...doesn't bother me. The only reason I am having this conversation is that people judge the X-Men movies too harshly. If you don't like it, thats fine. People just tend to dislike it for silly reasons "Its not like the comics, argh" "Whys is Wolverine tall??"... "give it back to Marvel so they can fight aliens for 40 minutes" (being facetious with that one) and other such nonsense. 

I thought the battle Wolverine had with Juggernaut was one of the best scenes of the film, it looked like it was ripped straight out of a comic book and we don't need another reason for people to think Colossus and Juggernaut are arch enemies or something so, no, I could give a crap less if they didn't square off on screen.
    Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Smurfboy

Nice! More I heard it, more I get exciting.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By evilvegeta74

@cattlebattle said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

. As far as comic plots go everyone knows the good guys win at the end of the day, that doesn't make plots boring. You and I both knew thew the plot between Bane and Batman but that still didn't make the TDKR a boring movie

I didn't know the plot between Batman and Bane. I never read Knightfall and had no idea what was going to happen. Although that film was heavily influenced by the Dark Knight Returns it still had a lot of original content. Not unlike an X-men movie.

@evilvegeta74 said:

That being said, who's to say what a general audience may say about a comic book adaptation. Once again lets go with a clean slate and start fresh, thats all I'm saying. I mean when, you looked up and saw Wolverine fighting the Juggernaut instead of Colossus in X-men United we Stand, you had to be disappointed.

They can start fresh...doesn't bother me. The only reason I am having this conversation is that people judge the X-Men movies too harshly. If you don't like it, thats fine. People just tend to dislike it for silly reasons "Its not like the comics, argh" "Whys is Wolverine tall??"... "give it back to Marvel so they can fight aliens for 40 minutes" (being facetious with that one) and other such nonsense. I thought the battle Wolverine had with Juggernaut was one of the best scenes of the film, it looked like it was ripped straight out of a comic book and we don't need another reason for people to think Colossus and Juggernaut are arch enemies or something so, no, I could give a crap less if they didn't square off on screen.

We are all entitled to our on opinions, you and I differ on the subject matter of the Xmen.Personally Wolverine and Juggernaut was a horrible fight, the dialogue was more entertaining. There is much room for improvement when it comes to the Xmen movies and for me it starts with marvel washing their hands free of Fox and Fox network Xmen cartoons. No I didn't grow up with that, I was into the Xmen long before. Was I happy to see an Xmen cartoon yes, but it should have been like the Pride of Xmen , and movies should have followed suit.It's time flush certain idealogy down the drain and come back to what should be, we saw this with Batman, Spiderman has started it, time for the Xmen to follow up suit!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#35  Edited By amazing_webhead

Say, that panel raises a question: will Franklin Richards be in it? After all, I heard the Fantastic Four reboot will be in the same universe as the X-Men series.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By sora_thekey

@impossibilly said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

HELL YES!

Happy to see I'm not the only Ellen Page fan here.

I thought she was awesome as Kitty... and I'm a huge Shadowcat fan! I love the character and can't wait to not be disappointed... Millar did promise that!

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GREGalicious

Im super excited about this film. I love Kitty and im glad Ellen Page will be back playing her. If they pull this off, it can be one of the greatest comic films yet and the sequel X2 deserved (not that I didnt enjoy X3 on its own but as a followup, it was a mess). Seems like this will be both a sequel to X3 and First Class.

Vitaeleous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vitaeleous

Well, I'll be the first to admit to never having read Days of Future Past, but Millar has yet to let me down. His work writing the Ultimate X-Men was exceptional, and his other books exhibit a really solid understanding of character development and drama. His involvement with Kick-Ass and Wanted and the role he's taken with Marvel in their recent films shows the guy is dedicated to the translation process of comic-to-screen. Having such a talented storyteller backing a guy like Singer, who has been involved in all of the X-films' successes and none of their failures, I can't help but feel this bodes well for the franchise. Not to mention Singer helped produce the webseries H+, which you should watch if you haven't already. Another nugget of faith for this director.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondasch

Looking forward to this movie. Even more so if the source material is actually adhered to.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By impossibilly

@sora_thekey said:

I thought she was awesome as Kitty... and I'm a huge Shadowcat fan! I love the character and can't wait to not be disappointed... Millar did promise that!

Ha, I need to start using that line! :)

Avatar image for monkeyonurback_
    monkeyonurback_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By monkeyonurback_

@evilvegeta74: okayy well..out of the original team we've seen cyclops, jean grey, iceman and beast..we've had storm, nightcrawler, colossus, angel, rogue, shadowcat, banshee, and havok..ehmm..what exactly is the problem here? nobody likes FOX but at the same time, bar The Last Stand, they've been fantastic i think.. i wasn't the biggest fan of wolverine but it wasn't really a bad movie it just needed tweeking...marvel / disney would do a very different x-men and i'm not saying it would be bad, it would probably still be great but i really think that for the time being i'm okay with FOX running the show..bar the money going to them they seem to put in very little say in the whole show

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cattlebattle
    @evilvegeta74 said:

We are all entitled to our on opinions, you and I differ on the subject matter of the Xmen.Personally Wolverine and Juggernaut was a horrible fight, the dialogue was more entertaining. There is much room for improvement when it comes to the Xmen movies and for me it starts with marvel washing their hands free of Fox and Fox network Xmen cartoons. No I didn't grow up with that, I was into the Xmen long before. Was I happy to see an Xmen cartoon yes, but it should have been like the Pride of Xmen , and movies should have followed suit.It's time flush certain idealogy down the drain and come back to what should be, we saw this with Batman, Spiderman has started it, time for the Xmen to follow up suit!

??? Fox just owns the movie rights. Fox didn't actually produce the cartoon or anything....they just aired it, initially, Batman came on Fox as well....so I have no clue what you mean by that statement. Pryde of the X-Men was cheesy as hell, entertaining no doubt, but it was pretty much like an episode of GI Joe with X-Men in it.....so, no offense, but I have no clue where your going with that.

If you don't like the movies thats fine. I am saying though, your original complaint seemed to imply that you think they should  be as close to the comics as possible, which I happen to disagree with. Its like when you pick up the Ultimate comics...do you sit there whining about how they are not close to the comics...probably not, its the same way for the movies....any comic movie, the only one that was just like the comics was Watchmen, and even that had differences. I mean the X-Men films have already built momentum, and this movie appears to be the crescendo. If they started from scratch, they would have to introduce everyone again and stuff like that.
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By Namor1987

Does this mean Bastion, Nimrod & Master Mold will be involved? I pray to God they show up!

ladymastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ladymastermind

wow, Ive always been a X men fan, so I'm pretty excited about this movie. Hope Nightcrawler shows in it, and if he does, I hope they find a better actor.

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DjBest02

I seriously can't wait for this movie! I can't help but wonder how it's going to change the X-Men Film Universe!

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By a0040pc

Love the idea of having Kitty as a big part since she's my favourite X-Woman. But personally I would like to see an film about the Fatal Attractions storyline.

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KomicKev

queenfrost_on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.

I said nearly the same thing in another thread just about the same time as you:

Here's my scenario: the "future" X-Men are the current day ones - - whomever they can get to return (so far Kitty, Iceman, and Rogue). Since the actors are now a bit older (Kitty could be Kate now, although Ellen Page is not THAT much older), they can be in a f-ed up world where mutants are being hunted down and persecuted left and right. A lot of this is because of Magneto and his Brotherhood's actions in the past 3 movies. Those actors/mutants that didn't return (say, Kelsey Grammar's Beast) would be shown as deceased or apprehended.

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/65-3173/bryan-singer-talks-bringing-days-of-future-past-to-the-big-screen/92-746572/?page=2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.