Follow

X-Men: Apocalypse

Movie » X-Men: Apocalypse released on May 27, 2016.

This sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past sees the X-Men facing their biggest threat yet.

Does X-men: Apocalypse deserve the low RT score it is getting?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Poll Does X-men: Apocalypse deserve the low RT score it is getting? (23 votes)

Yes 43%
    No 57%

Currently,

TOMATOMETER

48%

Average Rating: 5.6/10 Reviews Counted: 254 Fresh: 122 Rotten: 132

• 
    Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No. Only BvS deserves a score that low.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the movie was pretty average and overcrowded. It also borrowed a lot of things from previous X-Men movies. Overall it was just an average movie with some good things in it.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I think so.

The movie had a terrible plot, too many characters, didn't develop or explain most things as much as it should have, was unoriginal, was too long, and was overall pretty disappointing. It wasn't terrible, but there wasn't a lot good to it either (outside of a couple scenes & performances). It might deserve a little higher, but overall I think being around 50% is pretty fair.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, it's not that the movie had to many characters(it's an xmen film for Christ sakes) singer just doesn't know how to juggle them and give them each enough screen time/development like some other legendary directors(Russos,Whedon) . Could've been a lot better apoc was killed to easy in my honest opinion.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: lmao your crazy it wasn't the greatest film but everybody maintained adequate enough screen time lol nowhere near as much as a mess as apocalypse and the acting in age of ultron was MUCH better Olivia munn was terrible completely.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: RDJ, ruffalo,Spaded killed their roles in age of ultron same goes with the rest of the avengers but Mccavoy and fassbender is really the only thing xmen has going for them as far as acting, and still age of ultron delivered, ultron wasn't as strong as he is in the comics but spader played a better ultron vs issac as apocalypse.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: creativity?? Lmao oh mutants fighting other mutants because they're hurt and feel pain, or think the weak should die, lol so original.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: xmen apoc was your typical film. Bad guy wants to rule, they defeat him in a non creative way, there was literally no way to kill ultron in age of ultron, without the vision, ultron would've won.

O-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so.

The movie had a terrible plot, too many characters, didn't develop or explain most things as much as it should have, was unoriginal, was too long, and was overall pretty disappointing. It wasn't terrible, but there wasn't a lot good to it either (outside of a couple scenes & performances). It might deserve a little higher, but overall I think being around 50% is pretty fair.

The plot wasn't terrible. It was about as much you would expect from a story with Apocalypse as the main villain.

O-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By O-Face

@chris-sama said:

@ready_4_madness: xmen apoc was your typical film. Bad guy wants to rule, they defeat him in a non creative way, there was literally no way to kill ultron in age of ultron, without the vision, ultron would've won.

Age of Ultron was a typical film as well. The "AI wants to destroy humanity" has been seen many times before. And there was no way to kill Apocalypse, without Jean Apoc would have won. Apocalypse was also a far more credible threat than Ultron.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@o-face: A I wanted humanity to evolve, he was trying to save the world and bring peace. Apoc wanted to destroy the weak And whoever survives is strong(boring,typical,lame Villian) and I'm sure mags and the others could've found a way to seal his ass or something.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@o-face said:
    @thespoiler said:

I think so.

The plot wasn't terrible. It was about as much you would expect from a story with Apocalypse as the main villain.

Not really. It started off like I'd expect, but I thought there would be more to it than introducing Apocalypse and the new characters, the X-Men being taken by Stryker for no reason, and then the overly-long final fight.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
    Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was OK, but not a 48%.

I would've given it like a 60-70

O-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@o-face: A I wanted humanity to evolve, he was trying to save the world and bring peace. Apoc wanted to destroy the weak And whoever survives is strong(boring,typical,lame Villian) and I'm sure mags and the others could've found a way to seal his ass or something.

At end of the day he was still trying to wipe out humanity, which is exactly like his comic counterpart. Apocalypse in this film was also written exactly like his comic book counterpart as well. Ultron was always a better character than Apocalypse in the source material.

It was flat out stated that they couldn't stop Apocalypse.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@o-face: Clearly he was stopped...

O-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By O-Face

@thespoiler said:
    @o-face said:
    @thespoiler said:

I think so.

Not really. It started off like I'd expect, but I thought there would be more to it than introducing Apocalypse and the new characters, the X-Men being taken by Stryker for no reason, and then the overly-long final fight.

They did do more than that, by finishing the story arcs of Mystique and Magneto left over in Days of Future. There was a reason given to why Stryker took them(Xavier took control of the nukes) and I disagree about the final fight because to me that final act was rushed.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked this movie.

48% for this one and 90% for CW seems strange to me.

O-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

I really liked this movie.

48% for this one and 90% for CW seems strange to me.

Civil War is a better movie.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BullPR

@o-face: both are pop corn movies. Only Apocalypse had any tension.

CW was a nice and long video clip. A good entertainment but nothing that really touched me.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

the movie sucks. it deserves %-1.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.