Follow

X-Men: Apocalypse

Movie » X-Men: Apocalypse released on May 27, 2016.

This sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past sees the X-Men facing their biggest threat yet.

Caliban Confirmed for X-Men Apocalypse

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Bryan Singer released another set photo from the upcoming X-Men Apocalypse, which reveals another character appearing in the film. As you can probably guess, from the picture above and the title of this article, Caliban is coming to the 2016 film. While we don't get to see what the character looks like, director Bryan Singer did reveal where Caliban conducts business and announce the character will be a part of the film in this Instagram photo.

Shooting Caliban's place of "business" #Xmen #XMenApocalypse

A photo posted by Bryan Singer (@bryanjaysinger) on

For those who are unfamiliar with Caliban, he was a Morlock, a group of mutants who lived under the streets of New York City. Caliban is a tracker. He can sense other mutants within 25 miles of him. He used to be frail and weak, until he turned himself over to Apocalypse, who enhanced his strength. In turn, Caliban became "Death" in Apocalypse's Four Horsemen.

X-Men Apocalypse is set open up on May 27, 2016

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Even if he were in the photo would we be able to recognize him?

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Interesting. Callisto should be in it too then. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sweet!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're doing the Morlocks, then I hope we get Storm vs Callisto...

No Caption Provided

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

the morlocks are coming yea yea yeah! JAZZ HANDS!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Every Mutant Ever The Movie

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

one horseman confirmed...

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Sure the previous movies biggest challenges have been not expanding on core characters because of stuffing random mutants into the plot (lookin at you Wolverine Origins and X men 1st class), but hey, in Singer we trust

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

But if Caliban becomes the Horseman of Death then what happens to Archangel?

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BumBurger

@ravenvice01: It's Fox don't expect anything to be true to the comics :l

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But if Caliban becomes the Horseman of Death then what happens to Archangel?

Caliban was originally just "Hellhound" and he has also been Pestilence. He played a pretty integral part in X-Factors Fall of the Mutants story arc where Apocalypse and Archangel were first featured as he was a part of the X-Factor team.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@cattlebattle: Very true. I figured Beast could be transformed into Dark Beast and be a Horseman of Pestilence. I really want to see Mystique sporting her white gown with skull jewelry.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
    deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: It's shaping up to be The Last Stand all over again...

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So he's going to show up in this one scene where they visit this place, they're going to get some information from him, or use him to find someone, and then he's never going to be seen or heard from again, right?

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

So he's going to show up in this one scene where they visit this place, they're going to get some information from him, or use him to find someone, and then he's never going to be seen or heard from again, right?

Probably this. He most likely would come in handy in the final battle as well, but they won't call on him for some reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

You mean like he was in the comics? Get out of here, bruh.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
    cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

sweet. Let's hope they don't royally mess this movie up like the rest of the "X" franchise.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Never heard of him but cooolll

~MiB

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I hope Marrow is in it. There was supposed to have been a montage of Beast, Gambit, and Marrow during X2 when the corrupt Cerebro activates on a global level. Thus far we've had Beast and we're getting Gambit so where the hell is Marrow?!

No Caption Provided

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kickass

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis: Totally agree, Marrow is one of my favourites, she needs more love!

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is neat. I thinks it's a way to introduce the New Mutants, (without introducing them because it's the 1980s) and if I am not mistaken the New Mutants and the Morlocks have history. I'm thinking the Morlocks will be reintroduced again in the New Mutants film, so this is a good starting point.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charles Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Havok, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Storm, (Gambit?), (Wolverine?), Apocalypse, Caliban, Angel/Archangel, Moira McTaggert, Quicksilver, anyone else?

kidding.
    kidding.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@lukehero: It's shaping up to be The Last Stand all over again...

Let's not forget that Days of Future Past had a ton of mutants. Charles, Magneto, Beast, Wolverine, Mystique, Warpath, Iceman, Blink, Bishop, Quicksilver. Kitty Pride, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Colossus, Sunspot, Havock, and a few others I know I'm forgetting. And when they where all confirmed to be in the movie I remember a lot of people freaked out, thinking the cast was too big, but it worked in the end.

Point is, just because they are all confirmed to have a part doesn't mean they all will be big ones. Granted, that was a big problem with Last Stand - underdeveloped characters - but the size of the cast wasn't really the cause of that, it was the script.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: I would rather have never seen Bishop, Blink, and the other non character mutants never seen on screen at all rather than watching them be cannon fodder for sentinels. I'm guessing something similar will happen to the non character mutants in this movie.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@battle_forum_junkie: I would rather have never seen Bishop, Blink, and the other non character mutants never seen on screen at all rather than watching them be cannon fodder for sentinels. I'm guessing something similar will happen to the non character mutants in this movie.

Well, depending on how you look at it they where just being true to the source material, since pretty much every single mutant died in the comic.

But joking aside, I wouldn't really call them fodder considering how formidable the Sentinels actually where, and that they where literally facing an army of the things. Their deaths - including future Mag's - also really built a sense of hopelessness and suspense that really wouldn't have been there otherwise.

I do get what you are saying, though. It could be that they pull the same stunt with characters like Jubilee, Quicksilver and Havok, but who knows? The movie is still a year away from being released, so anything could happen. I'm sure it will still be a decent movie at the very least.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: I'm guessing Havok will get at least halfway decent treatment since they seem to be acknowledging that he is Cyclops brother, but the other ones like Pyslocke, Jubilee, etc will probably be non factors character wise.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: It's certainly a possibility, but hopefully all the new characters they will be introducing get chance be at least reasonably fleshed out by the time the movie ends.

Fingers crossed.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: I doubt that. Olive Munn might get a cool fight and cool one liner, and I'm sure the fodder mutants will show off a few powers here and there. I doubt they have time to flesh out Apocalypse, the main young xmen and bunch of lesser important non factors.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I get where you're coming from, but have enough characters even been confirmed for there to be fodder? Aside from the villains there's only been six new characters that we know for certain will be in the film. I think it's safe to say that they will get the majority of development. The others, like Xavier, Mags, Wolverine, Beast, Mystique and Storm don't need a terrible amount of attention since they have gotten plenty of screen time in at least two previous movies.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool news.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be good; I hope they saw the X-Men TAS 90s episode, the Fifth Horseman, but this should be more of a sequel, in case Apocalypse needs a fail safe; they need to bring in Fabian Cortez, also.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.