Follow

X-Man

Character » X-Man appears in 816 issues.

X-Man is an Omega-level mutant genetically created by Mr. Sinister from the Age of Apocalypse timeline. He shares the same genetic history as Cable. Nate has since joined the New Mutants, started a relationship with Dani Moonstar, and gained further power from the Life Seed.

X-Man's Powers

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mimic12

Can X-Man use Telepathy and other mind powers. Or is he just limited to Telekinesis?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

x-man when he was alive was the most powerful telepathic/telekenetic ever

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mimic12
    danhimself said:
    "x-man when he was alive was the most powerful telepathic/telekenetic ever"

Oh so he could only use telepathy and telekenese.
    Swordz81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Swordz81

he was the most powerful psionic ever...no psychic on Earth could f*** with him

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By G-w-D
    Swordz81 said:
    "he was the most powerful psionic ever...no psychic on Earth could f*** with him"

Was he the strongest of his time or all Time the most powerfull in the entire multiverse? Cause theres some competition for all time FR, Hyperstorm, legion (apparently) and one of the Valeria richards
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Comiclove5
    @G-w-D:
    All time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Comiclove5
    @G-w-D:
    All time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nisk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nisk5

I WANT X-MAN BACK... NOW!
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HellionVulcan

Plus X-man could combine his telepathic/telekinetic powers @Nisk5:
    wait afew weeks & he'll be back .

NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NateGrey

The ending to Dark X-Men did piss me off. It did make sense  sort of how it ended up going down though. The whole Mimic/Omega power siphon thing, essentially would be a siphon powerful enough to drain even Nate, when you consider that it would really just multiply between the two of them to the Nth degree. Does bug me now though that after that, he's not made mention of in the marvel universe. But he is joining the X-Men in this new series so hopefully he makes a more permanent addition to the team.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By karrob
    @NateGrey said:
    " The ending to Dark X-Men did piss me off. It did make sense  sort of how it ended up going down though. The whole Mimic/Omega power siphon thing, essentially would be a siphon powerful enough to drain even Nate, when you consider that it would really just multiply between the two of them to the Nth degree. Does bug me now though that after that, he's not made mention of in the marvel universe. But he is joining the X-Men in this new series so hopefully he makes a more permanent addition to the team. "
    Yeah I agree. Me too! Lets hope so.
    NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NateGrey

And as for WHAT his powers are, his core powers are telepathy and telekinesis. On top of that he is a precog, which he has gained serious control of. Ultimately he is the ultimate telekinetic, it's what all Nate Greys on all worlds have been according to Evil Queen Jean. And he has overpowered the one of the most powerful of psychics on a whim so that would make him the ultimate telepath as well. Of course by ultilizing these powers in just the right way, there is very little Nate cannot do. He's telekinetically manipulated the Earth's magnetic field to create an EMP. Bent the very walls of reality to move between worlds and walk across the spiral of realities as no other has. He can use his powers to induce healing and shut off the pain receptors in his brain. He's taken hits that killed an alternate reality Thor and destroyed the planet Earth itself leaving Nate only unconcious. He has the innate ability to hide from detection even from Xavier with Cerebro. Broken through powerful telepathic blocks like they were tissue paper. Destroyed cities in his sleep. And before Dark X-Men he overloaded and overwhelmed anyone who tried to drain or feed off his power.

kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kimeraevet

X-Man is the most powerful esper in the entire multiverse. Imagine Cable, Stryfe or the Dark Phoenix without the limitations or the evil intent.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuasarPrime

Is X-Man more powerful than Onslaught?   More powerful than an Omega-Level Jean Grey?  More powerful than Omega-Level Jean Grey as The White Phoenix????
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @QuasarPrime said:
    Is X-Man more powerful than Onslaught?   More powerful than an Omega-Level Jean Grey?  More powerful than Omega-Level Jean Grey as The White Phoenix????
    No. Currently he isn't even a blip on the screen of power.
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QuasarPrime

But how about back when he was said to be thee most powerful mutant ever?   That was in the 90's. 

But that was long before Jean Grey grew into her own tremendous Omega abilities in 2002.  I think that once Jean became an Omega in her abilities, Nate was not more powerful than her.  And, after merging/ascending to the WP level, I would definitely not think Nate was near her power level.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By CATPANEXE

Odd that they depowered him. I've heard the notched down to even out with the other team members thing, but they handled Illyana fine, so I don't see it.
    I hope there ends up being a good reason for such an out of left field move. I liked reading him with jacked-up abilities, I thought it was interesting.

@QuasarPrime
    Nate wasn't that far behind in showing in the 2000's either, especially in Dark X-Men, the stronger point being he didn't need to rely on a cosmic entity as his power source, hence his title.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.