Follow

X-Man

Character » X-Man appears in 816 issues.

X-Man is an Omega-level mutant genetically created by Mr. Sinister from the Age of Apocalypse timeline. He shares the same genetic history as Cable. Nate has since joined the New Mutants, started a relationship with Dani Moonstar, and gained further power from the Life Seed.

The Strongest?

Aevelas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Aevelas

Is Nate Grey truly the strongest telepath in existence? I've heard so much about the world's most powerful telepath, and I've come to the conclusion that no one can agree on who is truly the strongest. Some people say Professor Xavier, others say Cable. Some will argue Jean Grey, then there are those who go with Nate. What is the bottom line on this?

Avatar image for thee_arch_angel_micheal
    Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rotten gun

yeah i think at his peak he was, it seems if you make heroes too tough you cant write good stories for them? didn't x-man bring phoenix back from the dead cause he missed his mum? and he smashed exodus without breaking a sweat.

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Phoenix, Madelyn Pryor, Jeans clone.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rotten gun

yeah thats her, how powerful do you have to be to raise the dead?

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just did a little research, and Nate Grey (X-man) is potentially the must powerful mutant on Earth. As far as Madalyn goes apparently Nate used his power of prodigious to tap into the remaining psionic energies of Madelyn and created a new body. What does that mean? I have no idea but it sounds powerful.

The Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By The Shaman

Nate was one of the most powerful mutants on Earth but he didn't have the amount of training and experience he needed to reach his full potential. Plus his powers were destroying him so if he used his full on power too much he'd die. It wasn't till he became the Shaman that he was allowed to become truly powerful and even then he wasn't given a chance to reach his true potential cause they killed him off sometime after he became the Shaman.

As to the Phoenix though, Nate is more powerful than just Jean Grey herself but Phoenix is a cosmic entity around almost since beginning of time, and ultimately can do so much more based on the fact that it allows for unlimited energy and allows the host of the Phoenix entity to use full extent of their powers right away without the consequence of overwhelming of tiring. But his energy and power level in the beginning were compared to that of the Phoenix.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By HellionVulcan

Nate Grey at his peak was the most Powerful telepath alive besides Phoenix Jean grey of course as Phoenix power is infinite but the test they did in comic to see how powerful Nate was to the Phoenix only went by Human machine & could only read so far but i think X-man was the most powerful of all time .. .

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Korg

To give you an idea of how powerful Nate is: He ripped Xavier out of the astral plane when they first met. He was genetically engineered by Sinister to be the most powerful mutant ever. So yes, Cable/X-Man/Stryfe is/are/were the most powerful telepathic power on Earth.

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By scuzz2.0

i think everyone is forgetting someone,... LEGION!!, after only just becoming lucid and barely tapping into his full potential moira mactaggert said that he was already 10 times the telepath his father was! think about how powerfull he would have become if  he reached his potential! imo legion would smoke nate grey!

Meanstreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Meanstreak

Legion Vs Nate Grey would be a cool battle.

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By G-w-D
    scuzz2.0 said:
    "i think everyone is forgetting someone,... LEGION!!, after only just becoming lucid and barely tapping into his full potential moira mactaggert said that he was already 10 times the telepath his father was! think about how powerfull he would have become if  he reached his potential! imo legion would smoke nate grey!"

Makes you shiver or it makes me shiver
    NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NateGrey

Nate at a young age and not fully realized was rated at a level equal to that of Dark Phoenix. The amount of growth he has shown in his powers I think over time he could reach a level to that of White Phoenix. Fact is he is still young and growing in experience and ability. He's done things with his telekinesis and telepathy that few other could hardly dream of being capable of. Currently he can bend the walls of reality and step outside reality. And more recently see over 300 possible futures at once. He can become energy at will to simply avoid an attack and take over another body and use their powers on top of his own. He's shown the ability to adapt new defences in the heat of battle against entire well trained and powerful opponents and teams. He's shown potential like few others. Leave him alive to grow in his powers there is no telling what he could be capable of. And this is all without the aid of any outside cosmic forces, power absorbtion, multiple personalities, etc...

Also when it comes down to it, there really is more to Nate than just raw power. He's got serious skill with that power and a mind that seems to be able to come up with inventive and useful ways of utilizing that power. Fact is when it comes to his intelligence, strength of will and inventiveness Nate Grey is seriously underrated when you really look at some of the things he's done. Instead of facing Sentry he simply played the thespian that he is and manipulated him into taking off. He's also shown the potential for real leadership ability, after all he carries the Summers gene as well Grey. Again though he is still young and the things he's done have all been him. He really didn't receive any training in his powers, learning as he's gone through life in the heat of countless battles over a very short amount of time. The most training he really received was unarmed combat training from Forge and a few nudges and ideas from Sinister. The rest is from battling various foes Sinister, Apocalypse, Holocaust, Dark Beast, Xavier (who he ripped from the astral plane on a whim), Excalibur, The Marauders, Exodus (who he overloaded with power and threw into a mountain crevice which he then shut closed), Cable, Fantastic Four (who he outsmarted), The Avengers, Stryfe, Abomination, Hulk, Thanos, Evil Queen Jean, Qabiri and the list goes on and on. Those are just several I can currently still remember.

BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BattleHeiz
    @NateGrey: Please can you post some scans
    NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NateGrey

It may take some time to find some good battle related pics but I can definitely upload what I've got so far in my collection

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Gawdzilla

Nate power is Over 9000

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.