Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 1999 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

'X-Force' Movie Could be on the Way

• 80 results
    Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Dayvid3

I know there is a lot of hate for Cable. But I starting reading comics when Cable was first introduced. And I love properties based on time travel. Also presumably X-Men days of future past will have some form of time travel. Seems like it would be easy enough to tie Cable into the universe. More X-Men movies please :)

Yeah actually, can someone explain that to me? I've never understood or heard why some people don't like Cable

csantilli27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I'd prefer this X-Force:

No Caption Provided

this

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Cable, Sunspot, Deadpool, Fantomex, Archangel, Warpath, & Domino are my perfect team.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

It would be so great if it was Remender's X-force, but it won'r be :(

I'm pretty sure FOX will F*ck it up.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SlickyMike88

@xwraith said:

I'd prefer this X-Force:

No Caption Provided

Liefeld basically hinted or rather just came out and said that it would be an Cable X-Force with the possibility of Deadpool.

This is the x force team I would wan't to see, or the current for that matter :) I don't care about that Cable team :P

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

I want cannonball, the rest of the team could be made up of fantastic four supporting characters after that for all I care.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sell the rights back.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:
    @xwraith said:

I'd prefer this X-Force:

No Caption Provided

Liefeld basically hinted or rather just came out and said that it would be an Cable X-Force with the possibility of Deadpool.

This is the x force team I would wan't to see, or the current for that matter :) I don't care about that Cable team :P

Liefeld is apparently involved with making this movie happen. (Not comfirmed, but a strong possibility.) As it looks like he has been consulting.....so It's highly likely gonna be Cable's X-Force. And he also wants Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. :P

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob Liefeld's work continues to remain strong and prevalent despite being created in the 90s. Another one of his creations will be brought to the big screen, people will love it, but people will still hate Liefeld for some strange reason... I really don't understand why people have to insult him whenever something of his is brought up.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NightCrawler358

On the one hand, if it was a 'newer' team with Wolverine, it would be a lot more popular, and in my opinion have a stronger lineup (like Uncanny X-Force or something, we can all agree Liefelds characters are pretty stupid). But if they did go with an older, Cable-centric team, it could get away with an R-rating for sure. --kids would go to any Wolverine movie so they can't get away with too much.

brfyr5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: There was a rumor that days of future past would almost erase everything from x-3 causing an alternate timeline. If this is the case and cyclops lives then Cable and the x-force could happen. Besides, who wouldn't want to see a movie with Cable? Especially if you grew up in the 90s

jakester217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get ready for a battle of epic proportions! DC vs. Marvel, the tournament to see! Watch as your favorite heroes (and some villians) fight it out and climb their way to the top. Who will win, gaining the title as the most powerful being in both universes, and which universe will walk away a loser? Come right here to my blog, and vote for the champion! Today: Round 1, Part 3

Avatar image for 80sganginfestedarcades
    80sGangInfestedArcades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michael_moran X-men and X-force are the same thing X-force is just what the X-men call thier special stealth unit in the X-men like when the police send in the swat team X-force is like the X-men's extra violent unit but thier still all different X-men member's,X-men also have another special unit group called X-factor lead by Cyclop's lil brother Havok and his wife X-men member Polaris,they should make a anime series with every single X-men member in it.

FernandoGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By FernandoGrey

@csantilli27: Reboot to Marvel Movies with new story and new actors not including Hugh Jackman:

My X-Force roster team

Mutant CharactersColumn Head
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Antonio Cupo
    Antonio Cupo
    Psylocke
    Psylocke
    Grace Huang
    Grace Huang
    Archangel
    Archangel
    Jessie Pavelka
    Jessie Pavelka
    Domino
    Domino
    Rooney Mara
    Rooney Mara
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Ryan Guzman
    Ryan Guzman
    X-23
    X-23
    Isabelle Fuhrman
    Isabelle Fuhrman
    Fantomex
    Fantomex
    Gaspard Ulliel
    Gaspard Ulliel
    Vanisher
    Vanisher
    Dan Ewing
    Dan Ewing

Avatar image for cyclops4president
    Cyclops4President

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

@xwraith: I prefer that X-Force as well! I miss that X-Force. and by the looks of Leifields hairdoos, BoomBoom and Shatterstar have the same hairdresser.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CheeseSticks

Anything with Rob Liefeld will be bad

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#69  Edited By jumpstart55

If they do an X force movie its going to be based on this one.

And if could pick a director to direct this movie i would pick Quentin Tarantino, and if not him Matthew Vaughn.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

its all about the original team but just like the x-men only i prefer the originals sigh. they even have a domain name saved, dont know if any content is there or if its up yet but there is an xforcemovie.com. no idea who stephan lang is, long as he looks the part and can act that's all that matters to me (oh and to have moonstar and boom boom in the roster)

Lykida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dream Line-up: Cable, Domino, Wolfsbane, Warpath and Elixir^^ I liked the golden healer. But Cable's new X-Force would be an interesting choice as well. Love Forge and Colossus!

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@xwraith said:

I'd prefer this X-Force:

No Caption Provided

We all are :)

BishopSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By BishopSummers

@dayvid3: I think some of the hate for Cable comes from the fact he was co-created by Rob Liefeld. Also being created in the 90's doesn't help his image in a lot of comic fans eyes. All guns and pockets. But I think there is a lot more to the character. He's done a lot since the early 90's.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bishopsummers: I don't have the energy to keep track of writers. So in the land of spandex, pointy masks, ninjas in gstrings, he's the one with an over the top design? :p

I always liked his/original x-force's approach. Not so pc, pacifist as Xavier, not crazy supremacist supremacists like magneto, or execution squad like the interim x-force. More proactive, unapologetic, but still trying to do what's right. There was a good issue where cannonball was trying to explain it to xavier. I think after x-cutioners song. The clenched fist vs the open hand. and X-force was the clenched but he was protecting a mouse in side at the same time. Meh something like that.

munkieKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some Native American Guy as Warpath

Hahaha.

Also, I've never liked Domino.... "Luck" is just a dumb mutant power.

Avatar image for robertoayalagtz
    RobertoAyalaGtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RobertoAyalaGtz

@deadpooltattooguy: Totally, there is no X-Force without Cable, and Wolverine's first team was awesome.

The villain would obviously be Apocalypse, and the storyline about Archangel.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I know all the Wolverine fanboys want a version of X-Force with him in it but I would much prefer if Fox is going to bring X-Force to the big screen then they have Cable as the leader. Cable is one of my favorite characters but he does have one of the most confusing backstories in comics. I would hope if they do this they try to keep it simple. They could leave out the Summers family all together and focus on Cable traveling back in time to prevent the rise of Apocalypse in the future. Given Fox's track record with the poor results they have delivered I do not hold out much hope they will follow any kind of a plan and will probably throw as many characters out there to to they can to make some money but not necessarily tell a good X-Men story. I don't have much faith in Fox at this point so I won't have my hopes very high, whatever happens

SimonM7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SimonM7

If an X-Force movie doesn't mean an awesome movie Psylocke, they can keep it, for all I care.

Honestly, when I first saw this rumour my whole HOPE CENTRE in my brain just shut down. Lights out, everyone went home. Didn't even let myself think it was possible.

Then sites plant the idea, against my will, Inception like, in my brain that it IS possible. My sole, mantra-like thought was MOVIE PSYLOCKE, MOVIE PSYLOCKE. :O :O

I mean nobody will hold the cameo they set on fire against them if they decide to bring her in proper. Loads of characters have already been cameo-ed and then featured for realsies. Ape-bertooth was basically a supporting character whose representation was completely replaced, for the better. Liev's Sabretooth is like the single okay thing about X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

But then Liefeld takes to Twitter and reminds me that X-Force was this unironic Expendables once. Rarely have I felt that something awesome was SO CLOSE, and yet so, so, so, so, so far away.

I mean OF COURSE they're not gonna do a proper, team-leading, strong-yet-flawed-and-interesting movie Psylocke. OF COURSE THEY AREN'T. And of course it won't be this surreal, dark, fantasy/sci-fi thing that Remender's run established. It's gonna be manly, buff men going around killing stuff. Blargh.

Wake me up if I'm wrong. Wake me up if there's an awesome movie Psylocke.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

Yea a Runaways movie has been in the works for years......I'm not holding my breathe.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes Cable is AWESOME one of my favorite heroes

No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Did they announce anything yet?

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dolph Lundgren would make a good Cable

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.