Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 1999 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

What If...Uncanny X-Force was Busted?

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Nefilim927

So, I’ve been wondering, for some time now what the repercussions would be if Uncanny X-Force was revealed to the Marvel Universe?   After re-reading Second Coming, particularly some of the wrap ups, certain members of the X-men took the existence of X-Force pretty hard.   Beast left to hang out with a different “black ops” team (makes sense?) and Storm threatened to never drink with Logan again.   But with Wolverine forming another team, this time without Cyclops’ knowledge, I can only imagine that the consequences would be a lot heavier.   Cyclops and Wolverine briefly discussed how this new “Heroic Age” is no place for such a team and how the Avengers would not be pleased either.   I for one would love to see that aspect fleshed out.  

Who has the most to lose in the current roster?   I wouldn’t think either mercenary would be too impacted...what about Psylocke?   Warren (being a personal favorite) is of particular interest.   His transformation to Archangel was pretty much outted in Second Coming, yet not much has been shown in respects to its effects on the X-community.   I would think most would be a little frightened by his other half, so him being co-captain of a kill crew probably wouldn’t go over to well either.   Finally, how about Wolverine(with his mutant ability to be in almost 6 different titles a month)?   Would each team be equally disappointed?   How would Scott take it?   Would Beast have another hissy fit?    

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

Deadpool wouldn't be affected by it that much, he might get some more recognision, but other than that he'd be pretty much the same. Same goes for Fantomex. Psylocke would get some rants by fellow X-men, but not that much. Wolverine would get quite a lot of ranting etc. But everyone still ought to realize that he, after all, still is Wolverine. You can't expect to keep a wild animal caged for too long. Warren's Arc Angel persona will be the center of attention in an upcoming storyline that starts in Uncanny X-Force where he'll probably become 'evil' again.

Anyway, I think the blowout might be a bit less than the previous one, because Uncanny X-Force has more 'neutral' members that couldn't really be blamed by anyone. Wolverine would probably be bashed on by Cyclops for going behind his back, but it wouldn't be logical that he'd be frowned upon that much. And Angel is about to go all Evil-killing-machine on everyone's ass soon anyway.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well, I heard it though the grapevine, woah, I heard it though the grapevine, not much longer would you be mine... uh.. whoops sorry. Anyway, rumor has it that X-Men will be having a blow out of sorts and Scott and Wolverine will be splintering the team. Honestly, I am pretty sure that current X-Force is going to be the catalyst for this, and I see it turning ugly too, because Wolverine will probably throw the other X-Force in Cyclops face but Cyclops would have some solid reason and grounds to justify the difference, I am actually more curious what characters would stick up and back Wolverine? Angle maybe, and therefore Betsy? Except Betsy doesn't really seem that proactive with the idea and need of X-Force. I am not sure Wolverine has enough power if he will be heading up against Cyclops and Storm? Possibly Xavier as well?  

Anyway I am looking forward to this too and has a lot of promise and potential. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe
    @SC: Anything Scott would have to say about Xforce would be pure hypocrisy and I believe wolverine has killed enough people that no one is even going to be surprised Hell Logan has a body count the Punisher would envy 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @joshmightbe said:
    " @SC: Anything Scott would have to say about Xforce would be pure hypocrisy and I believe wolverine has killed enough people that no one is even going to be surprised Hell Logan has a body count the Punisher would envy  "

Well, I am not the biggest Cyclops fan around (well, Uncanny Scott for the last 5 years, I actually like him everywhere else generally) but even I would surmise that, well not even surmise, I would outright state that its not pure hypocrisy, Scott is and was recognized as the leader and person in charge of the X-Men, he is allowed more discretion than Wolverine is, Cyclops is tactically more sound than Wolverine, and I personally disagree with pretty much every decision he has made lately and a lot of the mischaracterization of characters to amplify his leadership abilities (Magneto, Xavier etc) but from the in story perspective even Wolverine knows Cyclops is better at making decisions. If Cyclops therefore says that these characters should be targeted by these ones shouldn't, its exercising conscious ability to discern to weight up, to gauge to measure etc, and Cyclops shut down X-Force with that same power he holds. Now its arguable if he actually had that power? Not to much discussion with X-Characters has gone on? Now Wolverine is taken it upon himself to make those decisions and his actions like Cyclops reflect and affect most mutants and all X-Men. Is his ability to rationalize and justify all their actions as sound as Cyclops?  

Just like in an young innocent mutant lost control of his powers and killed another person, would it be hypocrisy for X-Men not to treat him like say Mr Sinister? Or would both instances be weight on its own merits and then lets say that young innocent mutant was actually a young guilt malevolent mutant who killed 1000 on purpose? Well, then maybe more and more you start introducing the aspect of hypocrisy if X-Men treat him differently from Sinister. I definitely feel, or get where your coming from though. My argument is that Cyclops appears fairly genuine in his actions.  

lol about Logans body count...
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

I've always thought there was quite a bit of hypocrisy with Wolverine like for instance if the Punisher killed a guy everyone would just be saying he's a psycho and must be stopped but if Wolverine killed the same guy there'd be half an issue devoted to justifying it. For instance I once read an issue where Logan blacked out and killed like 15 guys in a bar and woke up in jail and basically said it wasn't his fault because they got him really mad and he was drunk which is pretty much how every wife beater and child abuser tries to justify their actions but somehow with Logan everyone lets it slide and never mentions it again

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Nefilim927
    @SC:

Lol love the musical interlude.  I agree about the upcoming X-Event being a schism possibly due to the exposure of Uncanny X-Force but I also feel like it's too soon for them to be revealed. 
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By ragdollpurps
    @Nefilim927 said:

"@SC: Lol love the musical interlude.  I agree about the upcoming X-Event being a schism possibly due to the exposure of Uncanny X-Force but I also feel like it's too soon for them to be revealed.  " 

This. And I have a good feeling that their exposure really is going to be the cause of the schism considering Logan and Scott are at the core of it. I don't see any other reason for them butting heads that badly.    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.