Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 1997 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

Possible X-Force members discussion...

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By papad1992

So as well all know, or hopefully had heard by now, that Uncanny X-Force is starting anew with an all new cast (no sign of Wolverine... yet). With Psylocke leading the team, the other team members are Storm, Puck and Spiral, with three more team members still not revealed yet. Some my question is... Who would you want to see as the other three members!?

My three picks are Sage, Hepzibah, and Husk.

The honorable mention is Chamber.

So tell me who'd you like to see in this title!?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Psylocke and Sage are the only two characters revealed and/or mentioned by you that:

1 - have any place on this team

AND

2 - anyone cares about in the slightest

The more I look at this collection of characters the less likely I am to even pick up the first issue. Overall it is a collection made up of mostly niche favs and complete nobodies, the cast is nowhere strong enough to support a title long term IMO.

I know this is rather critical considering it has not even been released yet, but on paper there is little about this upcoming title to get excited about.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

While not an offical member, I'd love to see Archangel as their guardian angel, flying at mach to protect them from snipers they miss and clearing escapes when they need it all without knowing he's there.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By papad1992

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Psylocke and Sage are the only two characters revealed and/or mentioned by you that:

AND

The more I look at this collection of characters the less likely I am to even pick up the first issue. Overall it is a collection made up of mostly niche favs and complete nobodies, the cast is nowhere strong enough to support a title long term IMO.

I know this is rather critical considering it has not even been released yet, but on paper there is little about this upcoming title to get excited about.

Well Sage is a personal favorite of mine that I'd love to have apart of a team but since she's MIA it probably won't happen! But it's an interesting lineup to say the least! I'd give it a chance! Spiral interests me.

U didn't answer my question... which other three characters would u like to see apart of this team?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By papad1992

@TheCrowbar said:

While not an offical member, I'd love to see Archangel as their guardian angel, flying at mach to protect them from snipers they miss and clearing escapes when they need it all without knowing he's there.

u put a lot of thought into that didn't u!?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

@papad1992: Nope just thought of it when I saw the thread. I do miss Warren and wish he was a bigger part of the X-men mythos.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By papad1992

@TheCrowbar said:

@papad1992: Nope just thought of it when I saw the thread. I do miss Warren and wish he was a bigger part of the X-men mythos.

I miss Warren too...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#7  Edited By Teerack

It's going to be Mystique. I'm calling it.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By papad1992

@Teerack said:

It's going to be Mystique. I'm calling it.

That's actually interesting!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

AND

Well Sage is a personal favorite of mine that I'd love to have apart of a team but since she's MIA it probably won't happen! But it's an interesting lineup to say the least! I'd give it a chance! Spiral interests me.

U didn't answer my question... which other three characters would u like to see apart of this team?

1 - Hellion

This team seems like the perfect place to focus his rage in a productive manner. Of all the younger characters he seems to be toeing the line closest between good/evil, and this is an environment to really see if he can straddle that line without crossing over. He is not going to learn anymore being among the X-kids that are now mostly drones and he can be evaluated in the field, and in a supervised setting. His character has been pretty much forgotten about even as he was among the more popular of the massive X-crop of new young characters, best to do something now before everyone truly forgets about him

2 - Cannonball

Of all the X-Men, he is the only one who was part of: X-Force with Cable, X-Force with Hotknife (Pete Wisdom), X-Force as leader, the X-Men main teams. If there is any character who knows how to integrate an offensive team like X-Force and still stay within the standards the majority of the X-Men hold dear, it's him. Why he is not the second in command of the new unit is beyond me. I know he is joining the Avengers, but this is a far better role and one that actually makes sense for him.

3 - Mimic

Other than the use of alternate versions of him in Exiles, the 616 version has only been used for cameos here and there. His powerset allows him to be a huge offensive weapon as when facing him you are never sure what powers he is coming at you with, as well as being able to switch them in and out on the fly depending on the opponent. Mimic has been shown working for both the X-Men and their enemies so the idea of him doing the dirty work would not be a stretch.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By papad1992

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@papad1992 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

AND

1 - Hellion

This team seems like the perfect place to focus his rage in a productive manner. Of all the younger characters he seems to be toeing the line closest between good/evil, and this is an environment to really see if he can straddle that line without crossing over. He is not going to learn anymore being among the X-kids that are now mostly drones and he can be evaluated in the field, and in a supervised setting. His character has been pretty much forgotten about even as he was among the more popular of the massive X-crop of new young characters, best to do something now before everyone truly forgets about him

2 - Cannonball

Of all the X-Men, he is the only one who was part of: X-Force with Cable, X-Force with Hotknife (Pete Wisdom), X-Force as leader, the X-Men main teams. If there is any character who knows how to integrate an offensive team like X-Force and still stay within the standards the majority of the X-Men hold dear, it's him. Why he is not the second in command of the new unit is beyond me. I know he is joining the Avengers, but this is a far better role and one that actually makes sense for him.

3 - Mimic

Other than the use of alternate versions of him in Exiles, the 616 version has only been used for cameos here and there. His powerset allows him to be a huge offensive weapon as when facing him you are never sure what powers he is coming at you with, as well as being able to switch them in and out on the fly depending on the opponent. Mimic has been shown working for both the X-Men and their enemies so the idea of him doing the dirty work would not be a stretch.

Hellion sounds like a perfect fit but Cannonball and Mimic, to me, don't!

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By deadpoolrules

If I had to pic 3

• Deadpool(here in Brazil he still in it and he's doing a great job,it's a shame they don't recognise him as a member)
    • Hellion
    • Sage
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By John Valentine

I'll reserve proper judgement until I've read the first few issues, but I'd rather have Storm and Puck off that team.

I'd be happy with a line-up like....

Chamber, Psylocke, Hellion, Spiral, Sage, Warpath, Elixir, X-23.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Blood1991

Replace Storm with Snowbird so Puck isn't the only Alpha Flight member. Then add Sage and Warpath boom I will want to read it instead of dreading the character massacre that will be happening to Storm otherwise.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Why is it that in every topic discussing new X-Force everyone's acting like Storm hasn't killed before..?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rickbarry

@fesak said:

Why is it that in every topic discussing new X-Force everyone's acting like Storm hasn't killed before..?

Because she ripped Wolverine a new b-hole when she found out he was running an X-force team.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lykopis

@Blood1991 said:

Replace Storm with Snowbird so Puck isn't the only Alpha Flight member. Then add Sage and Warpath boom I will want to read it instead of dreading the character massacre that will be happening to Storm otherwise.

Nice. I'm still hoping the Storm being brought into this team is one that will make sense. Her and Psylocke becoming closer is something I am looking forward to.

@John Valentine said:

I'll reserve proper judgement until I've read the first few issues, but I'd rather have Storm and Puck off that team.

Elixir, Chamber and Hellion? Together on one team? Nah --- Marvel editorial couldn't be THAT innovative. Then I would begin expecting them to know what their fans want and then what good will that do after the first event goes downhill? I will keep my expectations low where I can see'em.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Backflip

Sage, Cloak and Dagger are my three hopefully choices.

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lifeguard85

Spiral is there just to add conflict and provide quick transportation. I'd rather have Blink, Husk, Chamber, Darkstar, or even Copycat. Use some of the lesser known characters that so its at least shocking when someone betrays the team, because lets face it, if Sprial isn't being mentally controlled, that will be her angle.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

I still can't believe flipping Puck is getting a chance to be in a team book in this day and age. Go with characters that aren't hopelessly lame, please.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By papad1992

@Lifeguard85 said:

Spiral is there just to add conflict and provide quick transportation. I'd rather have Blink, Husk, Chamber, Darkstar, or even Copycat. Use some of the lesser known characters that so its at least shocking when someone betrays the team, because lets face it, if Sprial isn't being mentally controlled, that will be her angle.

I love ur alternates:

Blink - 616 version is just floating around now after her few appearances in New Mutants and at the Jean Grey school, but a killing squad is what she was on when she was "found" and it messed up her mind totally.

Husk - with her recent power upgrade... it'd make sense for her to be in a stronger and meaningful team that can cater to her powers. She was my pick too.

Chamber - also a favorite of mine, his appearances as a teacher at the Jean School is a little weird considering his personality and past. Would make an awesome choice. Plus if he and Husk were both on this team, it'd create some romantic tension.

Darkstar - I wish the Russian little team would u know come to America... apparently that's where all the team books are that actually sell!! :P She doesn't fit it well. Ursa Major sounds cool though.

Copycat - well despite the fact that she's dead, Mystique would be a good replacement! Even though I wish Copycat were alive!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By papad1992

@John Valentine said:

I love that line-up!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TDK_1997

It doesn't matter just get Storm and Puck off the book.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jhazzroucher

Hollow/Penance

No Caption Provided
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lifeguard85

@papad1992: I think this team is going to be much more mindful of not killing, so Blink might get help from Psylocke and Storm. Also, Copycat was a member of Weapon X- I am sure they can think of some miraculous way she comes back, since Mystique is over used.

I don't see how Darkstar doesn't fit. She is a formerly trained KGB agent. She needs to be on a team that actually knows how to use her.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mutant God

Pixie, Martha, Outlaw, Adam X, or any of the mutants on Utopia who wasn't apart of the X-Men

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Illuminatus said:

I still can't believe flipping Puck is getting a chance to be in a team book in this day and age. Go with characters that aren't hopelessly lame, please.

I'd rather go with different than generic.

@fesak said:

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PassionFlower

Where is X-23 by the way, I don't see her anywhere.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skaddix

@PassionFlower said:

Ffighting in the Marvel Version of Hunger Games.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By papad1992

@PassionFlower said:

She's hanging around the Avengers Academy!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By papad1992

@Lifeguard85 said:

@papad1992: I think this team is going to be much more mindful of not killing, so Blink might get help from Psylocke and Storm. Also, Copycat was a member of Weapon X- I am sure they can think of some miraculous way she comes back, since Mystique is over used.

I don't see how Darkstar doesn't fit. She is a formerly trained KGB agent. She needs to be on a team that actually knows how to use her.

We'll just have to wait and see then!! I only hope that this creative team got to choose 3 other awesome characters... because right now, the team to me is already disfunctional!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.