Follow

X-Factor

Team » X-Factor appears in 1693 issues.

Originally a team comprising the original five X-Men, X-Factor was eventually turned a government task force. Jamie Madrox later took the name to found X-Factor Investigations and ultimately sold it to Serval Industries. Now, X-Factor Investigations was reformed on Krakoa.

X-Factor and She-Hulk

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#1  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

After reading the first part of the She-Hulk side of this crossover I'm not sure what to think about it. At first, after just reading the X-Factor issue, I thought it might be pretty bad. Not only was the art horrible, but I feel like the quality of the X-Factor books has gone down since Messiah Complex and the start of the crossover didn't look to be changing that. The second issue (She-Hulk) was, I thought, much better. Not only was the art excellent (I've never heard of Vincenzo Cucca before, but I like his style and I'm glad he's staying on She-Hulk) but I felt like the story was better. Don't know how that's possible since Peter David is writing both, but I definitely liked She-Hulk more. Maybe it's because the X-Factor issue was just so introductory what with it being the start of the crossover, the first appearance of Darwin and Longshot in the book and also right after a location shift, and things had to get set up, but I wasn't impressed by it. As for the story itself, I like that they're using the god thing so it's not just showing up in Hercules and it's also an interesting way to bring the two books together. The initial good guy fight was good too, and doesn't seem to be coming to an end anytime soon. Hopefully as it continues both sides will be good (though the X-Factor art thing is really bothering me).

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I'm really disappointed in the art on X-Factor.
    At the beginning of the series Ryan Sooks was perfect. The film noir style is just perfect for this book. Then Raimondi followed up on that really good, and DeLandro's art was also decent.
    Then we get Stroman's art... which is just unpleasant. Now, i see how he was popular in the nineties, and different is not always bad, but there's been a certaint feel about this book that's now lost.
    /rant

Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kieran Marvel

He loves you part 1.     Story was a bit slow picking up, had its bits of humour but saved itself with a gripping ending. The art was shoddy in places, only the X Factor members seemed to
                                             Have consistency in there appearence.

He loves you part 2.     Story was excellent, intreeging and extremmely well written. The art however was beyond a joke (i was very critical in my review of this as well)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I liked the art in She Hulk

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    Kieran Marvel said:
    "He loves you part 1.     Story was a bit slow picking up, had its bits of humour but saved itself with a gripping ending. The art was shoddy in places, only the X Factor members seemed to

He loves you part 2.     Story was excellent, intreeging and extremmely well written. The art however was beyond a joke (i was very critical in my review of this as well)"
    I general don't bother even trying to understand other people's taste in art. I usually just agree or disagree and leave it at that. I like what I like and I don't think hearing why someone else likes something will change my opinion. I have to ask though, how can you say that the X-Factor art was only "shoddy in places" yet the art in She-Hulk was "beyond a joke"?
    Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kieran Marvel
    Buckshot said:
    "Kieran Marvel said:
    "He loves you part 1.     Story was a bit slow picking up, had its bits of humour but saved itself with a gripping ending. The art was shoddy in places, only the X Factor members seemed to

He loves you part 2.     Story was excellent, intreeging and extremmely well written. The art however was beyond a joke (i was very critical in my review of this as well)"
    I general don't bother even trying to understand other people's taste in art. I usually just agree or disagree and leave it at that. I like what I like and I don't think hearing why someone else likes something will change my opinion. I have to ask though, how can you say that the X-Factor art was only "shoddy in places" yet the art in She-Hulk was "beyond a joke"?
    "

Because, in X Factor, the art work was shoddy in places, Longshot and Darwin howvever were constantly changing. The facial features were never the same, this carries on in She Hulk but gets even worse, there is one particular frame in She Hulk where Longshot looks like a woman.

I don't want to take from the tie in really because all in all i'm loving it. I'm just unsettled by the artwork. I don't normally notice it unless its amazing or well, not.

I don't want you to change your opinion, i just wrote mine thats all.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Gambler said:
    "I liked the art in She Hulk

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

"
    LMFAO..A d#ck kick.
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    Kieran Marvel said:

Because, in X Factor, the art work was shoddy in places, Longshot and Darwin howvever were constantly changing. The facial features were never the same, this carries on in She Hulk but gets even worse, there is one particular frame in She Hulk where Longshot looks like a woman.

I don't want to take from the tie in really because all in all i'm loving it. I'm just unsettled by the artwork. I don't normally notice it unless its amazing or well, not.

I don't want you to change your opinion, i just wrote mine thats all. "

I really don't see the Longshot and Darwin problems in She-Hulk, and it was more than just their faces changing in X-Factor (and it was more than just "in places"), other characters looked bad and several looked deformed. Madrox's face is different in almost every panel, Darwin looks like a turtle without a shell, there are several pages with characters that have misshapen, disproportioned limbs, etc. I think that overall the art is cleaner, clearer, less sketchy, smoother, brighter, better proportioned, and more consistent from panel to panel in She-Hulk than in X-Factor.

You're not going to change my opinion, but I still want to understand yours.

After looking at the comics again (especially the end of the She-Hulk issue) a question crossed my mind. Given what we know of She-Hulk's sex life, what's the likelihood of her taking on a dozen or so of Madrox's dupes for a wild night before she leaves town?

Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kieran Marvel

Even in the shot above of the "d&$k kick" She Hulks left hand seems to be dissproportionate to me. Maybe this is proof of what we should already know, comics are extremelly subjective.

I think Madrox is a lucky guy (y) I do however wonder if they manage to defeat the skrull form of Longshot (Nogor ? sorry i dont have the issue in my room at the moment.) does this affect the core book at all ? Or if anybody does it who will it be ? a member of X Factor or She Hulk herself ? (im ruling Darwin out)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think the real Longshot will turn up.  I just mentioned why here.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    Kieran Marvel said:
    Even in the shot above of the "d&$k kick" She Hulks left hand seems to be dissproportionate to me. Maybe this is proof of what we should already know, comics are extremelly subjective.

I think Madrox is a lucky guy (y) I do however wonder if they manage to defeat the skrull form of Longshot (Nogor ? sorry i dont have the issue in my room at the moment.) does this affect the core book at all ? Or if anybody does it who will it be ? a member of X Factor or She Hulk herself ? (im ruling Darwin out)

I know taste in art (and comics in general) is subjective, that's the reason I'm usually not involved in discussions on art, it's just that I can't even begin to see where you're coming from here. I look at images like the ones below and I can't help but think the ones from She-Hulk are better.  That's just me.

I'm not sure how they can have Jaz or any of them really kill the Skrull if his death would really do what they said. They're not going to have the whole war ended in a tie-in so I don't know what the plan could be. Just gotta read it.

G~man said:
    "I think the real Longshot will turn up.  I just mentioned why here.
    "
    On Darwin's skin, he's been pale for a while, it didn't start in X-Factor (though I think it might be the whitest he's been so far).
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Static Shock
    Vance Astro said:
    caption
    caption

"
    LMFAO..A d#ck kick."
    LMFAO!!! Nice rhyme

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The art in She-Hulk is much better and more consistent with previous artists. She-Hulk has a tradition of having a bit cartoony and over the top art.
    The art in X-Factor is so far off the previously established art direction that it's not even comparable.

Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kieran Marvel
    Buckshot said:
    "Kieran Marvel said:

I know taste in art (and comics in general) is subjective, that's the reason I'm usually not involved in discussions on art, it's just that I can't even begin to see where you're coming from here. I look at images like the ones below and I can't help but think the ones from She-Hulk are better.  That's just me.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'm not sure how they can have Jaz or any of them really kill the Skrull if his death would really do what they said. They're not going to have the whole war ended in a tie-in so I don't know what the plan could be. Just gotta read it.

G~man said:
    "I think the real Longshot will turn up.  I just mentioned why here.
    "
    On Darwin's skin, he's been pale for a while, it didn't start in X-Factor (though I think it might be the whitest he's been so far)."

The 4th page here, the one on the right. The bottom right frame which has Longshot in it is the one that i refer to when i say "Lonshot?......or Linda"

The story however, i think that your right. Marvel won't let X Factor save the world. They didn't so the best of jobs looking after Mutant Town recently. I think its false hope for earth and i think the end result will be the death of an unlucky character. No way to know who though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.