carnivalofsins00's X-Factor #217 - Deep Scars review

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00

Deep Scars

X- Factor is hired by Mayor J. Jonah Jameson to investigate the murder.

The Good: Emanuela Lupacchino's pencils, Guillermo Ortego's inks, and Matt Milla's colors really brought the entire issue to life for me. Plain and simple, it is a great looking issue.

Now, on to Peter David's writing. While I really liked last issue, this one is one is so much better. I loved just how Jameson is written in this issue, Felicia as well. What made this issue shine, however, was Jameson's little argument with a civilian protester about Muslims, terrorists, and mutants. It was just written so perfectly, and to J. Jonah Jameson's character.

Also, I really appreciated that it is noted on the recap page that this issue takes place before Amazing Spider- Man #654. While it isn't connected to Amazing Spider- Man in any way, other then the fact that J. Jonah Jameson and Black Cat appear in this book, I liked that little gesture.

The Bad:  There really isn't anything for me to complain about. However, this is a mild spoiler, but someone does die, or better to say they get shot. Now, while this didn't take anything away from my reading experience, I am tired of all of the deaths in the Marvel universe.

All in All...
If you're not reading X- Factor, I highly recommend you start. It is a title that is consistently great every time. Also, it feels good to pick up this title and not really have to worry about what is going on in all of the different X- Men titles.