Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

X-23 movie plot - my choice

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ambival1

After the accusations of imitating “Who would you cast” thread and locking my thread, I post it again without the actress choice, just story. So below you can see my choice for the movie plot. Enjoy.

Innocence Lost movie plot.

The series tells her story from the very beginning, when she was just an idea of “weapon” project and through her entire childhood. It shows how brutally her childish innocence is turned into living hell by the training to form her into an ultimate weapon. People watching it would get to know the character and would be touched by her tragedy (I was) because in today’s films real people with real problems attract good attention (these are tv series but I can mention “Lost” and “24” series having these elements and getting attention) and she (for me) is a very real person, with real emotions, which differ her from all other superheros and makes a very interesting character (in my opinion, but I’m a fan of her not because of the action but because of that deep psychology in all her comic series).

The other thing is the series plot, narration and characters. In it there is a room for everything. We have nice action (kinda in Kill Bill style if we compare the known bloody fight in mansion with X23 fights with soldiers – they are both bloody with blades in the main role), the story is narrated by her mother (If think it’s an advantage, it would give a dark and emotional feature for the movie) and we have a clear look on the protagonists and antagonists. The facility and especially Zander Rice are the clear antagonists, because they turned her life into nightmare only for financial profit. I think even people who don’t know X23 would identify with her in this situation. The last thing is the finale, really big event full of action, where good defeats evil and with suprising and moving end, when she kills her mother because of the killer scent on her and then hears her real name (I cried in that moment, so would other watchers).

Through the entire series also runs a very deep dilemma, which could be used as the movie's tagline – If she’s a killing machine or an poor innocent girl, who suffered so much pain.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By FourthDeity

I like this.. I REALLY like this. I would see this in a heart beat.Although I think there should be room for the Laura/Logan Fight. That fight was just magnificent.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By KainScion

@ambival1: they already ripped her origins story off. its called hannah. bastards.

laurax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By laurax

@KainScion: No, Hannah ripped of Kyle and Yosts story line. Hannah the screen play was written in 2008 and filmed in 2009-2010, and hit the big screen in 2011. X-23 first showed up in Xmen evolution in the episode "X-23". That episode aired on WB on August 2, 2003. She had her first comic role in NYX issue 3 on 11/3/2003. The people who wrote Hannah had 6 years to rip off -23. Fail.

laurax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By laurax

@KainScion: You must not read a lot of comics. Thats what sites like this are for though! Gotta love em.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KainScion

@laurax: just because they didnt rip it off immediatly doesnt mean they didnt rip it off. and dont be so cocky dude.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheSuperHuman

I love you for making this thread. Good idea to start from the very beginning. It would be amazing.

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By OldManJoe

I just want to see a R rated fight seen between X-23 and Wolverine, I don't care if it's animated or live action. And it must be R rated, cause a PG-13 movie would leave far too much of X-23's story out.

Sierra_B312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sierra_B312

In my opinion after reading both Innocence Lost and Target X, they should put both of these origin stories into one film, if Marvel and whoever decide to do it (most likely 20th Century Fox since they're the ones that've been doing live-action X-Men films for the past decade). For the Innocence Lost part, it's good the way it is. As for the Target X part, my question is how will they transition from 13-year old Laura laying with her mother's corpse crying (end of IL), to being strapped in a chair and interrogated by Captain America and Daredevil (beginning of TX)?

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ambival1

@Sierra_B312 said:

In my opinion after reading both Innocence Lost and Target X, they should put both of these origin stories into one film, if Marvel and whoever decide to do it (most likely 20th Century Fox since they're the ones that've been doing live-action X-Men films for the past decade). For the Innocence Lost part, it's good the way it is. As for the Target X part, my question is how will they transition from 13-year old Laura laying with her mother's corpse crying (end of IL), to being strapped in a chair and interrogated by Captain America and Daredevil (beginning of TX)?

I don't think it would be a good idea to put Innocence Lost and Target X into one film, although those are perfect stories. The problem is that they are both closed, integral stories, with great beggining and ending (that is why we are talking about two limited stories instead of one). It can always be mashed up, but it would create a serious confusion. Audience might have a problem with concentrating on a plot, since it's doubled (which parts belong to which plot). Target X is a continuation in it's form. Innocence Lost story alone as a film meant to introduce X-23 to public is, for me, a better option.

bsmith1190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By bsmith1190

As much as I'd like it to happen X just doesn't have the star power to warrant a live action, now a straight to DVD animated one, that's more possible

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.