Comic Vine Invades WonderCon 2011

Posted by gmanfromheck (42489 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Convention Season is in full swing. There have been several already this year. We just visited Chicago to give you guys coverage for C2E2 and this week we are preparing for WonderCon taking place in San Francisco. 

No Caption Provided
Besides the coverage you've come to expect from us such as interviews with your favorite creators, video tours of the convention floor, live blogging during panels and more Off THEIR Minds, we'll be doing something a little different this year as well.   
 == TEASER == 
If you've had a chance to check out the programming guide or caught the last bit of Comic Vine's segment during our Live Happy Hour Show, you know what I'm talking about. Comic Vine has been invited to participate in two panels.  

No Caption Provided

Friday 4:00-5:00 Spotlight on Adam Hughes— WonderCon special guest Adam Hughes is the mega-popular artist of so many memorable covers on series such as Wonder Woman and Catwoman, and a fan-favorite for commission work in Artists' Alleys at conventions all over this great land of ours. He talks about his art and career with moderator Sara Lima (editor, ComicVine.com). Room 103

No Caption Provided

Saturday 10:30-11:30 Spotlight on Francis Manapul— WonderCon special guest Francis Manapul helped bring back Superboy and now draws The Flash. Join him and his friends in a discussion about his art as well as his adventures on the TV show Beast Legends in a Q&A style fashion panel. Moderated by other industry stars such as artist Joel Gomez (The Authority), writer Sterling Gates (Supergirl), and Comic Vine's Tony Guerrero and Sara Lima. Room 254/256

If you're in the San Francisco area this weekend, be sure to check out these panels. You'll probably want to check out some of the other ones as well. If you see us, be sure to stop and say hello. Joey will be there lugging around the camera. This is your chance to tell him how much he kicks ass at editing the news and 3-Minute Expert videos. Norm will be there snapping pictures of all the best cosplayers. Tom Pinchuk will also be there getting into trouble. Riezner might be there if he decides to show up. Hope to see you there.   
Staff
#1 Posted by Mumbles (858 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll be there. if i see you guys, i'll say hi

#2 Posted by NightFang3 (12262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mumbles: Wish I could be there with you guys.
#3 Posted by shawn87 (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see your coverage

#4 Posted by Riezner (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?    Can I come!? 

#5 Posted by Overlander (618 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll see you there!

#6 Posted by goldenshot80 (7455 posts) - - Show Bio
I'll just watch the coverage. Hope its good and you meet some writers
#7 Posted by zombietag (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

thats so awesome. way to go guys, go kill it. wish i could come, but im all the way in VA. have a blast.

#8 Posted by SevanGrim (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

HELLS YEAH COMICVINE GETTIN ITS PROPS!!!!
 wish i could be out there.... hope you guys get similar treatment at LBCC!

#9 Posted by MatPaget (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Make sure you bring back footage of the new Spider-Man game if you're allowed!

#10 Posted by Out_of_Space (778 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it ! This year i'm not gona come :-(
#11 Posted by thechessclub (516 posts) - - Show Bio

This and CCI are my only two vacations each year. This is the mini one tho since I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump away=D

#12 Posted by AFArtist1973 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't make it.  Doing my duty over here in Afghanistan... but everyone at Comicvine have fun out there!!!

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (17486 posts) - - Show Bio

Nooooooo,can't make it

#14 Posted by gmanfromheck (42489 posts) - - Show Bio
@matpaget: Meeting with Activision is actually my first stop on Friday.
Staff
Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
#15 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1363 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mumbles said:
"i'll be there. if i see you guys, i'll say hi "

Me too, and a few of my friends. AND, trying to get some NEW TEEN TITANS comics autographed by MARV WOLFMAN, who will be at the WONDERCON this year!
#16 Posted by lvenger (30797 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @matpaget: Meeting with Activision is actually my first stop on Friday. "
Woah seriously? Nice work G-Man promoting the general awareness of Comicvine. It's a shame I can't make it this year exams and all but good luck! I know you and Babs (or Sara) will do a great job!
#17 Posted by teewillis1981 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be there with my Whiskey Media shirt on! Can't wait to finally meet you guys!

#18 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

WUHUU I hope you guys post the interview with Adam Hughes here :D

#19 Posted by sora_thekey (8810 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riezner said:
" Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?    Can I come!?  "
Hahahaha... Oh wait! I should be doing the same: Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!?  Can I come!? 

#20 Edited by No_name_here (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

Attention all your maniacs. I'll be signing at Archaia's booth at these times... 

Fri:1-3, 5-7
Sat:11-1,3-5
Sun: 3-5     

I hope some of you will stop by and say 'ello!

#21 Edited by Comiclove5 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

So when are you guys gonna invade Batimore Comic Con?
Nevermind, I need to just go to one of the major west coast Cons and stop being lazy.
Any who, looking forward to the footage and interviews you guys put up.

#22 Posted by MatPaget (39 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @matpaget: Meeting with Activision is actually my first stop on Friday. "
You are a great man! I guess that's what the G stands for!  
I mean, what else could it stand for? Guerrero? That's just silly! 
I will be waiting impatiently for the news! What time is the meeting?
#23 Posted by HaloKing343 (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

Never been to San Francisco ever. I hear they have good food there.
#24 Posted by gmanfromheck (42489 posts) - - Show Bio
@matpaget: It's Friday morning. I'll be sure to tweet my impressions since we obviously won't be posting video right after since we'll be at the convention.
Staff
#25 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys, I just wanted to take a moment and state how much I appreciate the con coverage you bring to the site. I'm not what you'd call a "people person," and this way I get to see what's going on without without forcing myself to be sociable. :)

#26 Posted by ticticchilitic (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be there as well. This work week can't go by fast enough! I am going to try to get out of work a little early to make the Adam Hughes panel, and will definitely be at the Francis Manapul Panel. Best of luck to you guys with the moderating duty! I'm sure it will be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.