Your Ideal Wonder Woman

• 97 results
Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#1 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1403 posts) - - Show Bio

What is your ideal image of the character? Not just story ideas or discussions.

I mean Statistics (powers/abilities, strengths, weaknesses, equipment, etc...), Personality, Relationships (romantic/platonic), Base of Operations, Job description (positions of leadership, working with a team, etc..), Her Villains (motivations for them). That sort of thing.

#2 Edited by masterwitcher88 (1403 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

My Ideal Wonder Woman

Stats

• Strength: Planetary
  • Striking Power: Planetary to Multi-planetary
  • Travel Speed: Faster then Light
  • Combat Speed/Reflexes: Massively Faster then Light
  • Durability: Planetary
  • Healing Factor: Insane
  • Pain Tolerance: Insane
  • Agility: Above Olympic level
  • Endurance: Near limitless
  • Intelligence: Wisest being on Earth
  • Skill(H2H/Weapons): Top 5 in DC

Origin

Sculpted from the Clay of Paradise Island and brought to life by the Breath of the Gods. Diana was sculpted by her mother Hippolyta, 10th Queen of the Amazons, days after Themyscira was rebuilt on Paradise Island 3,000 years ago.

Basically Perez's origin with some minor changes.

Powers

Granted by multiple Gods and Goddesses, Diana posses many powers and abilities at her disposal.

Demeter; Goddess of the Earth and the Harvest

Bestowed Diana with Godlike Strength and Godlike Durability, drawn from the primordial earth mother Gaia. Diana is stronger then Herakles, having brought the Lion of Olympus to heel many times in battle. Even Hephaestus, who shakes the universe with every swing from is hammer as he forges weapons and armor, is impressed by her strength. Her durability being taken from a primordial being like Gaia allows her to survive many destructive attacks. She survived an onslaught from Ares the God of War while in his own realm making him nigh omnipotent. She has taken a brutal lighting attack from an angered Zeus. She has even survived inside blackholes.

Hermes; Messenger of the Gods, God of speed

Bestowed Diana with Godlike Speed and the power of flight. Diana can fly and move at faster then light speeds. She's not Flash of course, but she is close to Superman relatively speaking. She's entered the speed force on her own power, can dodge light speed projectiles while in the air. Her villain the Cheetah can fight as fast and move almost as fast as Flash; Diana can fight and react to her.

Artemis; Goddess of the Hunt, Nature, Animals etc..

Bestowed Diana with the Eyes of the Master Huntress and Unity with Nature and Animals. The Eyes of the Master Huntress is a fancy way of saying Diana possess the eyes of a Goddess, specifically Artemis. This is where her reflexes and combat speed come in to play. Diana can see and react to objects that move massively faster then the speed of light. This is how she can casually block light speed lasers while giving a speech. Why she can react to things at insane speeds like Wally West Flash and tag them. These eyes also allow her to "never miss" with her lasso.

Unity with Animals is pretty simple, she can talk to animals. Like snow white. She also possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of all animals both real and magical.

Unity with Nature allows her to have an encyclopedic knowledge of all plants both real and magical.

Apollo; God of the Sun, Healing, Prophesies, Archery etc..

Bestowed Diana with a Godlike Healing factor. Should she ever truly get injured in a battle she can heal her wounds at the level of a god, which is to say in mere moments. She is also immune to all mortal poisons, diseases, viruses, and illnesses. She can't get sick by any normal means.

Aphrodite; Goddess of Beauty

Bestowed Diana with stunning beauty. As beautiful as Aphrodite, pretty simple.

Athena; Goddess of Wisdom and Warfare

Perhaps the most important patron for Diana, Athena Bestowed her with Godlike wisdom and the Grey Eyes of Truth. Wisdom is simple enough, but Diana is as Wise as Athena who is as wise as 10,000 scholars. Athena was specifically associated with Law, Justice, Mathematics, Warfare, Crafts, Civilization, Medicine, and Strategy. If Diana has Athena's wisdom she would posses the knowledge of a Lawyer, a General, a Nurse, a Mathematician, a Phycologist, and a Diplomat; all at the top of those respective fields. She is naturally intelligent but, she still studied on Themyscira to get that knowledge.

The Grey Eyes of Truth can do a multitude on things. They allow Diana to be immune to mind control, reality warping, and illusion. This is how Diana can fight Gods with immense reality warping abilities and survive. She can literally break false realities with her eyes, she did this in the story "The Truth" when she revealed that the Nu52 Themysicira and Amazons were all false creations. With these eyes she can also see through magical illusions like if Circe tries to disguise herself with a spell.

Hecate; Goddess of witchcraft/magic: Witch-Marked/God-mode

Diana as young child was branded by the Goddess when she witnessed a ritual involving her worshipers. With this mode, Diana turns a pale white, her hair becomes that of a light on top a candle, and her tiara shows the symbol of the triple moon. She becomes infused with immense magical power, 1/5th of Hecate's true power. Diana can create powerful magical fire-like blasts from her hands, warp reality, and use powerful magics. Even Dr. Fate questioned if he could battle Diana in this form. This is her Avatar State, a defense mechanism used only when absolutely necessary.

Blood of the Amazon Royal Family

Something that I personally want to add. Diana can summon and use 10% of Zeus's lightning in anyway she can imagine. Think fire bending/lightning bending from Avatar: TLA. EVERY MEMBER of the royal family, from the first queen to Diana (including Hippolyta) can use this. Think about it, Zeus's lightning is powerful enough to shatter a universe. 10% of the power to destroy a universe is a lot. The Amazonian Royal family is one of the most powerful royal families on the face of the earth and doesn't really have anything to show for it.

Abilities

Diana has learned many different things from her time on Themyscira.

Acrobatics

Diana spend thousands of years learning flexibility and precision from her martial arts. As such she has also learned gymnastics to help with her reflexes in combat. She is far above an Olympic level athlete.

Hand to Hand combat

Diana is a grandmaster martial artist with thousands of years of experience behind her. She fought the best of the Amazons to become Wonder Woman. Being a member of the Amazonian Royal Family she was trained by the most elite Amazons including Great General Philippus and General Antiope, whom introduced Diana at the age of 5 to the art of combat. Even the Goddess Athena trained Diana at a young age. Diana learned from the greatest generals in Amazon history and the Goddess of Warfare how to fight. Amazonian Martial Arts is a unique practice taking elements learned from many different cultures over many different times. Her fighting style is primarily focused on power, flexibility, agility, speed, accuracy, and a strong defense.

Think of Amazonian MMA as a combination of:

• Krav Maga
  • Kung Fu
  • Cha Quan
  • Jujitsu
  • Sanda
  • Tai Tzu
  • Lui He
  • Pankration
  • Greco-Roman wrestling
  • Kick-Boxing

Armed Combat

Diana is a master of armed combat due to her training with the Amazons and Athena. She specializes with ancient weaponry:

• Single Sword
  • Dual Sword
  • Spear
  • Heavy Axe
  • Shield
  • Mace
  • Lasso
  • Archery
  • Boomerangs (Tiara)

Physical Weaknesses

Magical (God forged/Angelic/Demonic) Weapons

Diana posses a weakness to magical piercing weapons. No man made weapon can harm her, but blades or arrows made from magical materials can cut and stab her. An example; a regular sword made from steal would just brake in half if it touched her, where as a sword made from demonic metals would cut her skin.

Magical Poisons

Diana maybe immune to regular poisons, but poisons of a magical nature can effect her even kill her if not treated. Venom from a Hydra, Acid from an Arch Griffon, the poisonous blood of a Hydra etc... all can effect her in different ways based on what the poison/venom does.

Equipment

All of Diana's equipment was made by Hephaestus using Olympian materials making them indestructible. Adamantine (real indestructible metal of the Gods) and Olympian Silk (material used for Diana's armor). Most of her equipment was made generations ago for the past Queens of Themyscira.

Royal Tiara

Pasted from generation to generation, this tiara is a symbol of Amazonian royalty. It is incredibly sharp capable of cutting electrons off atoms. With Diana's strength, she can throw it at faster then light speeds. With her skill, she can throw it at the right angle for it to always hit. It acts as a boomerang, returning after its thrown.

Royal Belt of Hippolyta

My own addition: Once a gift from Ares to his daughter Hippolyta, stolen by Herakles. Diana fought and bested the Lion of Olympus to earn the belt back. The belt is a symbol of Amazonian power and royalty. It can teleport the user to wherever they can think of. This is how Diana can teleport to and from Olympus or Themyscira or any other realm not locked to her.

Gauntlets of Victory

Indestructible gauntlets made from Adamantine and shards of Zeus's shield. They were pasted down from one queen to another now given to Diana. These gauntlets can block anything, create a powerful concussive blast when clanged together, and can summon Diana's other weaponry (minus her Lasso).

Lasso of Truth

Created using the Girdle of Gaia and blessed with the Flames of Hestia. This lasso was Given to the first Amazon queen as a gift from the Goddesses. It is indestructible, infinitely elastic, and has no limit on length. It can of course force people to tell the truth and even force people to obey the commands of the user. It also contains a portion of the GODWAVE.

Swords of Hephaestus

Indestructible twin swords capable of carving electrons off of atoms. Summoned from the Gauntlets

Aegis of Athena

Indestructible medium sized shield with the head of Medusa in front of it. Can turn mortals to stone based on the users command. Summoned from the Gauntlets

Spear of Athena

Indestructible spear blessed by Athena to kill anything. Mortal or Immortal, Alive or Dead, etc... Summoned from the Gauntlets

Eagle Head Double Axe

Diana's axe she used back in Post-Crisis before the swords. Indestructible. Summoned from the Gauntlets

Armor of the Amazon Champion (above image)

The gold metal of the armor is made from Adamantine, it is indestructible. The red body, boots, and blue battle skirt are made from Olympian Silk. Olympian Silk is near indestructible as a thin layer can survive in the core of the sun, while her gear is made from dozens of layers. Its also incredibly flexible giving Diana insane protection to her organs while allowing her the freedom to use her acrobatic skills.

Personality

Diana is a born leader and master strategist who focuses well on maintaining the balance of a team. When she speaks people will listen. She is the wisest person you will ever know and gives sound advise to anyone who needs it. She excels at ending wars, establishing peace and an expert on threats of a magical nature. She's caring of those around her and wants to ensure that her loved ones are happy. She is a warrior born, but a warrior for PEACE. She will not fight for an unjust cause and doesn't kill unless absolutely necessary. She fights with codes of Honor, Wisdom, Generosity, Valor, and Compassion. A true warrior would never actively seek battle but will always be ready when there is one.

She can be naïve at times. SHE'S NOT STUPID!! I feel like people love to confuse naivety with stupidity. She's just has a hard time understanding why the world is the way it is, why its not Paradise Island basically. You have to remember that she is a member of the Amazonian Royal family. She has responsibilities to her people and her nation, and she gladly excepts them.

If I could compare her to one person in all of media it would be Uncle Iroh from ATLA.

Relationships

Hippolyta: Mother

Mala: Amazon friend

Alatea: Amazon friend

Io: Amazon friend

Artemis: Amazon friend, rival

Great General Philippus: Friend, Teacher

General Antiope: Aunt, Teacher

Nubia: surrogate sister

Atalanta: Aunt

Amazons: surrogate sisters

Ares: Grandfather, Villain

Zeus: Great-Grandfather, anti-villain

Steve Trevor: Romantic, Love Interest

Etta Candy: Close friend, Ally

Julia Kapetellus: Close friend, Ally

Cassandra Sandsmark (Wonder Girl): protégée

Dr. Helena Sandsmark: Friend, arkeological partner

Superman: Friend, surrogate brother

Batman: Friend, surrogate brother

League Members (Flash, GL, MMH, etc...): Allies, Friends

JL Dark (Swamp Thing, Dr.Fate, Man-Bat, etc...): Allies, Friends

Zatanna: Close Friends

Dinah Drake (Black Canary): Close Friends

Kate Kane (Batwoman): Close Friends

Vixen: Close Friends

Jessica Cruz (Green Lantern): Close Friends

Donna Troy: Friends

New Gods (Barda, Orion, Miracle, etc...): Allies, some friends

Base of Operations (or general places she would work in)

• Gateway City: Think something like San Francisco
  • Themysciyra: Greco-Roman architecture with advanced technology, surrounded with beautiful plants and wildlife both real and magical. Like Delos Islands in Assassins Creed Odyssey or IRL.
  • The World: because of course
  • Magical Realms: mainly cause of her affiliation with Justice League Dark
  • Paris: she has an apartment there
  • A.R.G.U.S bases around the world: Steve Trevor works for the organization and Etta Candy is one of its heads

Job Description

• Justice League founding member
  • Trinity member
  • Justice League Dark founding member/Leader
  • Princess of Themyiscira
  • Warrior
  • Ambassador/Diplomat
  • Teacher
  • Affiliation with A.R.G.U.S
  • Superhero

Villains

Circe; Goddess level sorceress and Wonder Woman's arch-villain

Ares; God of War, her personal "Thanos" when he decides to get serious EVERYTHING should be at risk The Universe, The Heavens, EVERYTHING

Strife; Goddess of chaos, doesn't hate Diana just likes to toy with her, make her life miserable

Dr. Psycho; secondary villain/creepy telepath

Cheetah; old-friend trying to regain her humanity

Queen Clea; mad-dark mirror to the Amazons

Alkyone and her Circle; the Zealots of Paradise, I love the idea to have them be as strong, fast, and durable as Diana too

Cornel Maru and Poison Squad; guns for hire. also secondary villains

Dr. Cyber; "evolution or death", sees Diana as inferior cause she comes from (in her mind) an ancient world. she'd work with advanced tech

Veronica Cale; the wealthy and powerful Baroness searching for a way to return her daughter (would use bounty hunters like Mayfly or Poison Squad, maybe even aliens?)

Giganta; secondary villain could turn her into a bounty hunter, IDK?

Mayfly; high-tech speedster Diana is trying to help

Medusa; hates Athena and her Champions therefore Hates Diana

Hercules; anti-villain and subjugator of the Amazons

Silver Swan; friend driven to foe

Zara; Priestess of the Crimson Flame, she started her own cult dedicated to herself, possess the Crimson Flame with in her like the Phenix Force

Ice Blue Man; Wants revenge after being fired over her identity, creator of Blue-Ice

Children of Ares; children with mind control and reality warping powers that can control others, born of hatred

literally ALL the legendary monsters of Greek myth, not even just that, Egyptian myths, Norse myths etc... can be used and reused without end.

And that's just HER villains. We aren't even talking about Justice League villains or Justice League Dark villains.

#3 Posted by Kevinffinity (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: I didn't think I would but I really like a lot of the stuff you mentioned. Mine will be pretty similar to yours actually.

Also how to you put words in bold and add spoiler tags while using a phone?

#4 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1403 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: I didn't think I would but I really like a lot of the stuff you mentioned. Mine will be pretty similar to yours actually.

Also how to you put words in bold and add spoiler tags while using a phone?

Thanks! What do you like/don't like specifically?

I didn't use a phone, so I couldn't tell you. I don't think its possibly actually.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
#5 Edited by Geraldofvengerberg (651 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity said:

Also how do you put words in bold and add spoiler tags while using a phone?

You can

just switch to the desktop version of the site on your phone browser

#7 Posted by Kevinffinity (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: I agreed with practically everything. I think what I liked most was the idea that she could manipulate lightning because that's the exact same idea I've had of a while now. I'm hoping that they give it to her at some point.

#8 Edited by Kevinffinity (211 posts) - - Show Bio

MY IDEAL WONDER WOMAN

No Caption Provided

ORIGIN

3000 years ago, the gods formed a baby and she was named Diana. She was designed to be a warrior for peace. She was raised and trained by different amazons in different areas of combat. Eventually she suppressed even her teachers in those areas.

AMAZONS

The Amazons are a race of immortal women. They are the daughters of Ares and as a result they excel in combat. They have trained for centuries in all aspects of combat and have created their own unique weapons and fighting styles. They're the most skilled group of martial artists on the planet. They also have super human stats in strength, speed and durability comparable to Atlanteans.

POWERS

Due to the fact that she was designed by gods to put an end to wars, Diana has abilities that far exceed those of the average Amazon.

• · Strength

Diana has near planetary strength due to the fact that her strength comes from the goddess of the earth itself, Gia. Her strength should surpass that of her other super strong teammates (Cyborg, Arthur, Green Lantern) except Supes.

• · Speed

Diana can fly, run and react at speeds faster than light thanks to the god of speed himself, Hermes. She should be nearly as fast as Clark but the Flash should be a great deal above them both.

• · Invulnerability

Diana has near planetary durability. She can take a few hits from beings with planet level strength with little to no damage. She is nearly as durable as Supes.

• · Flight

Hermes also granted her the ability to fly at super speeds. She can also fly through space.

• · Healing Factor

Diana can heal from almost anything... from getting stabbed through the heart to having her limbs broken. She also heals almost instantly from small wounds and major injuries only take a little longer.

• · Divine Wisdom

Athena is Diana's most important patron. The goddess of Wisdom and Strategic Warfare granted Diana with wisdom which makes her one of the smartest beings in the universe. She is knowledgeable about physics, biology, mathematics, languages and history. Most importantly she has a strategic mind. She can not only see flaws in another's strategy but also weaknesses in their defences. She uses her knowledge of biology, strategy and her opponent's fighting style to predict their movements.

• · Hunter Eyes and Enhanced Senses

The goddess of the hunt, Artemis, granted Diana with super senses. Her senses are sharp enough to hear the faintest heart and feel subtle changes in the atmosphere. Her eyes give her perfect accuracy so she never misses a target. She can also see vast distances.

• · Divine Lightning

My personal addition would be the lightning of Zeus. Her lightning manipulation would be powerful enough to destroy cities and critically injure beings with near planetary durability.

• · Divine Beauty

Diana was granted divine beauty by Aphrodite. This means that she looks good regardless of the situation.

• · God Mode

Diana has powers sealed away within her. These abilities are dark in nature and endanger the multiverse itself and as a result Diana only uses it as a last resort. This power enhances her other abilities and grants her new ones including teleportation, minor reality Warping, matter manipulation at an atomic level/ transmutation, magic absorption and magic manipulation.

ABILITIES

• · Unarmed Martial Arts Skill

After Diana left Paradise Island and ended the World War, she spent some of her time going around the world learning different martial arts (from ancient Chinese martial arts to African Dambe (over 150 different arts)). However she discovered that all these martial arts fell short in different areas. So she took components from different martial arts and the Amazonian martial arts to create her own fighting style. This style incorporates Muay Thai, Russian Sumbo, Capoeira, Jui jitsu, Krav Maga and Wushu among many many other arts.

• · Armed Combat

Diana was trained for centuries in the use of all archaic weaponry including dual swords, knives, bow staffs, bow and arrows, Shields, lassos among others.

EQUIPMENT

• · Lasso Of Hestia

Diana wields the lasso of Hestia, a magical rope that is Indestructible, immutable and has infinite elasticity. It forces anyone ensnared in it to tell the truth and obey the command of the wielder. It can also channel lightning.

• · Vambraces of Victory

Diana wears indestructible Vambraces forged by Hephaestus, god of the forge. These allow her to absorb different types of energy even kinetic. She then amplifies it and can emit it when she hits the vambraces against each other.

• · Sword of Athena

Diana wields the sword of Athena that can curve the atoms off an electron. The sword can also duplicate itself allowing Diana to dual wield two swords. The sword can also adjust its length depending on the wielder's preference. It can also channel magical and electrical energy to create energy waves for long range attack (like Virgil’s sword from Devil may cry)

• · Shield of Zeus/ Athena

Diana also wields the shield that Zeus gave Athena. It is completely indestructible and can survive near universe Warping power

Diana also has other divine weaponry including a magical spear (it can adjust its length, can stab anything and is indestructible), indestructible dual axes that can cut at an atomic level and her tiara among others.

WORLD'S GREATEST WARRIOR

In this section, I'll be explaining what it would mean for Diana to be DC's greatest warrior.

When it comes to her battle prowess, there's something that has always set Diana apart from other characters. This is the combination of skill and power. Characters like the Batfamily, Black Canary and Lady Shiva are extremely skilled but lacking in power while characters like Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Cyborg and Martian Manhunter are extremely powerful but lacking in skill. Diana brings the best of both worlds. Even characters like Arthur that have both power and skill don't have them at her level. Diana is the ultimate example of the fact that it takes more than overwhelming power to be a great warrior. She uses her skill to outfight beings at Superman's power level, Flash's speed level and Green Lantern's versatility level among others. For example she can overcome Superman's durability by going after his primary targets (weak points) with her insane striking power and overcome the Flash's speed by predicting his movements and reacting by combining her combat reflexes and super speed. This makes her the ideal fighter even when compared to being more powerful than her. Diana can also channel lightning through her weapons including her sword, spear and lasso among others.

PERSONALITY

Diana is persistent, determined and caring. She will always seek peace but won’t hesitate to fight and kill when necessary.

RELATIONSHIPS

AMAZONS

• · Hippolyta - Mother
  • · Mala – Friend
  • · (Insert ideal name) – Amazon lover
  • · Artemis – Childhood Rival
  • · General Philippus – Sensei and Friend
  • · General Antiope – Sensei and friend

OTHER RELATIONSHIPS

• · Zeus – Great Grandfather
  • · Ares – Major and Grandfather
  • · Donna Troy – First Wondergirl (Daughter of a titan)

• · Cassandra Sandsmark – Second Wondergirl
  • · Big Barda – Ally, friend and sparring partner
  • · Steve Trevor – Love Interest
  • · Etta Candy – Friend
  • · Batman – Friend and surrogate brother
  • · League Members (Flash, GL, MMH, etc...) – Allies and friends
  • · JL Dark (Swamp Thing, Dr.Fate, Man-Bat, etc...) – Allies and friends
  • · Zatanna – Close Friends

• · Black Canary – Friends and sparring partner

VILLAINS

• · Cheetah (A friend Diana disappointed and main villain)
  • · Ares (Wonder Woman’s version of Doomsday)
  • · Circe (Powerful titan and goddess level witch)
  • · Dr Cyber (Ultimate tech villain)
  • · Veronica (wealthy woman trying to retrieve her daughter)
  • · Giganta (Minor villain)
  • · Medusa (Hates Diana cause she is Athena’s Champion)
  • · Silver Swan (former fan turned villain)
  • · Mythological creatures from different mythologies

ORGANISATIONAL AFFILIATIONS & WORK PLACES

Themyscira – Based on ancient Greece with large statues and beautiful flora. The society relies heavily on magic than it does technology (for example magical fountains for healing)

A.R.G.U.S – Diana is the organisation’s top superhero and she helped found the organisation when she first arrived to man’s world. Originally based in Europe but now has bases around the world.

Paris – Diana lives in France and works at the Louvre

Magical Realms – As a result of the fact that she is a magical character and a member of the JLD

JL Watchtower or Hall of Justice – Due to being part of the league

There are certain things I don’t mind changing (like certain relationships). I adjusted some of those things to reflect what the majority of Wonder Woman fans, I feel, would prefer. A lot of the things mentioned above are personal additions but they are very few.

#9 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity: Can take only a few planetary hits? Don't like that idea of ww.

#10 Posted by dshipp17 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

My ideal Wonder Woman would be a modernized version of what Marston and Peter gave us, to pay tribute and respect. I'll also have to borrow a couple of things from post-crisis, New 52, and Rebirth to respect DC.

Origin: When we pick up with the Wonder Woman story, Diana is 33 years old. Aside from being Hippolyta's daughter, she is like the other Amazons but a bit spoiled. Considering the other Amazons her sisters, she's nearly the polar opposite of Joseph, the Son of Jacob from the Book of Genesis. Similar to Joseph's brothers, they despise Diana and are contemplating getting rid of her somehow, one day. However, Diana is a bit more mighty than the other Amazons. Her nearest rival is Artemis. Artemis secretly leads a band of Amazons who want to usurp Hippolyta somehow, some way, one day.The story unravels many mysteries, as it develops and goes alone.

Powers: The Amazons are immortal and so is Diana. The Amazons have peak athletic abilities but no special super human powers. Diana is just a bit more skilled than the rest of the Amazons. But, their power level is something like that of Sabretooth, Spider-Man, and Wolverine.

Healing Factor: Diana and the Amazons have a healing factor similar to that of Spider-Man, but they can be mortally wounded.

About the Olympians: It is unclear how the Amazons came to be on Paradise Island. Hippolyta is keeping Diana's true birth a secret. In reality, Hippolyta leaves the island every now and then to see how the rest of the world is developing. During one of these trips, Hippolyta had a one night stand and left the guy why he was sleeping to return to Paradise Island. Soon enough, she discovered that she was pregnant with Diana. The man describe Hippolyta as the most beautiful woman he ever saw. Like her mother, Diana is beautiful and the fairest Amazon of them all; however, Artemis is a close second, depending on whoever's perspective; she might even be the most beautiful of the Amazons; but, all of the Amazons, being at peak human health, also have peak beauty. So, for men, this is Paradise Island. Thus, the story of the Island or legend is that the Amazons were gifted with the beauty of Aphrodite and Athena, with the strategic abilities of Athena; but, the legends of the Olympians dates back to the time of the Greek Empire in about 200 BC. By some unknown mechanism, new adult Amazons emerge to replace the Amazons who are lost somehow; or, stated differently, every time an Amazon dies, a new adult Amazon emerges one month later to replace the lost Amazon. Diana is the only Amazon who was born, at least as the story starts out. Paradise Island is clocked from being seen by people from the outside world but Hippolyta is the only Amazon who knows about it; but, the reason that it's able to be kept secret is for another story arc, as there's more than meets the eye to know about; while Hippolyta is queen of the Amazons, she's not quite so highly regarded somewhere else, where it is these beings who mostly controls the cloaking and the secret of Paradise Island from the rest of earth.

Personality: Due to stories passed down since the Amazons separated themselves from the outside world to live on Paradise Island, since the Greek Empire, the Amazons have grown to hate, despise, and mistrust men. Diana is the same way. Hippolyta is a bit more understanding, but has an irrational mistrust of men. She's similar to that matriarch of a group of women in a future where men have all been driven to extinction, on an episode of the Other Limits; but, in that episode, it was determined that she knew of the whereabouts of a few remaining men who were being kept in hibernation; except, Hippolyta's is keeping the outside world secret in such a manner. This would be similar to the post-crisis Perez update of the Amazons.

Leading to Diana's departure from Paradise Island: Dr. Edgar Cizko is a scientist with many talents. He has mind control and reality warping abilities. Secretly, he hates people, because of the way that he was treated growing up. He's not attractive so he was mocked and bullied in school and is socially isolated from everyone. His interpersonal skills are really stunted. As such, he's largely reclusive and works on his science experiments. One day he was working on an oceanography experiment. Something went wrong and left him unconscious and adrift on some type of sea vessel. He regains consciousness about thirty seconds before his ship crosses the Paradise Island cloak. He's surprised by how suddenly a beautiful island appears from wide open ocean. So, Dr. Cizko logically seeks refuge on the Island so that he can seek help and seek to repair his vessel. However, Hippolyta was alerted to Dr. Cizko's presence somehow, as soon as his vessel breached the cloak. Seeing the vessel as some type of treat, Hippolyta alerts some nearby Amazons to go investigate. As Dr. Cizko is making repairs, Hippolyta and the Amazons have spears at his back and demand that he explain himself. More Amazons enter his vessel to determine that no one is with him. Dr. Cizko tries to explain that situation but the Amazons don't believe him and think that he's up to something. As Dr. Cizko keeps trying to explain, he's knocked unconscious by an Amazon from behind. They all comment on his looks. The Amazons wonder what sort of creature it is, when Hippolyta explains that this creature is called a man and all of the Amazons emotions start to run raw. Hippolyta then describes him as probably one of the ugliest men she's seen. They all wonder what should be done with him. Hippolyta suggest that they make a few repairs to the vessel; secretly, in her own mind, as she goes back to her chambers, Hippolyta plans to place Dr. Cizko back on the repaired vessel, at which point, she plans launch the vessel back into open ocean with Dr. Cizko on it. Diana enters Hippolyta's chamber for a casual conversation. Hippolyta explains to Diana what happened. Diana is curious to see what a man looks like and heads over to the cite with the other Amazons. Diana sees the other Amazons repairing the vessel and asks to see the man. However, the Amazons don't want to talk with Diana. She grabs one of them and demands to know; the Amazon points out Dr. Cizko lying unconscious, Diana is amazed and startled, when she is knock unconscious. They then hide Diana inside the vessel and report the vessel having been fixed. Hippolyta summons them away, places Dr. Cizko on the vessel, and launches it back into open sea, outside the cloak. Hours later, Dr. Cizko regains consciousness and notices that the vessel has been repaired almost perfectly. Dr. Cizko uses the navigation system to find his way from open sea back to the outside of his lab. As he approach the cost, Diana regains consciousness. She starts to wonder where she is, wonders around the vessel, and Dr. Cizko notices the stowaway. He remember's his treatment at the hands of the Amazons and hides out of Diana's notice. As she's still wondering what's going on, Dr. Cizko warps reality and makes Diana believe that she's in handcuffs. Dr. Cizko then takes her inside his lab, locks her in a room, and wonders what should be done. In the meantime, Dr. Cizko tries to make sense of what happened to him on his adventure.

Villains: Dr. Cizko aka Dr. Psycho-arch villain.

Others to be added as the story progresses.

#11 Posted by Kevinffinity (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I put "She is nearly as durable as Supes". The problem is that a character's power is relative. A character is considered to be powerful most of the time because of the characters around them. My idea in general is that....

The Flash should be by far the Fastest member of the Justice League

Superman should be the most powerful member of the team

Batman should be the best ddetective and strategist

Green Lantern should be the best energy manipulator

Arthur should be the one that handles water related problems

Cyborg should be the tech expert

Wonder Woman should be the best Warrior (as I described in the post)

So basically I was also looking at the Justice League as a whole. I put "she is nearly as durable as Supes" because I want her to be close to his power level. So depending on how durable you view Supes as, Diana should be close but not on exactly the same level.

You also seem to have left out the rest of the sentence which said "...with little to no damage." I think that makes a large difference.

#12 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I put "She is nearly as durable as Supes". The problem is that a character's power is relative. A character is considered to be powerful most of the time because of the characters around them. My idea in general is that....

The Flash should be by far the Fastest member of the Justice League

Superman should be the most powerful member of the team

Batman should be the best ddetective and strategist

Green Lantern should be the best energy manipulator

Arthur should be the one that handles water related problems

Cyborg should be the tech expert

Wonder Woman should be the best Warrior (as I described in the post)

So basically I was also looking at the Justice League as a whole. I put "she is nearly as durable as Supes" because I want her to be close to his power level. So depending on how durable you view Supes as, Diana should be close but not on exactly the same level.

You also seem to have left out the rest of the sentence which said "...with little to no damage." I think that makes a large difference.

Should he really be the most powerful? It's ok. To each their own.

#13 Edited by Kevinffinity (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: In terms of raw power then I believe so. Wouldn't you say that's Superman's thing? If Superman was weaker than Diana (or even equal) then Superman fans will find themselves in a similar position Wonder Woman fans do. Unlike Diana, Supes isn't all that skilled so power is for the most part all he has. I don't think it's right to take it from him.

#14 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: In terms raw power then I believe so. Wouldn't you say that's Superman's thing? If Superman was weaker than Diana (or even equal) then Superman fans will find themselves in a similar position Wonder Woman fans do. Unlike Diana, Supes isn't all that skilled so power is for the most part all he has.

Well i don't care about superman fans that feel threatened by that. I just know she was created to be his equal. So my ideal Wonder Woman is not going to be below him.

#15 Posted by Kevinffinity (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I just want everyone in the Justice League to have a major thing they bring to the team. I think he should bring more than just heat vision (which can be duplicated by Cyborg and Green Lantern) and Freeze breath. The same way I think Wonder Woman should bring more than magical weaponry (which can partially be duplicated by Arthur) and knowledge of magic. I'm just trying to create a situation in which both fanbases are almost equally happy. Because a large portion of Superman fans will be upset and if Justice League (the movie) proved anything is that DC would rather take a dump on other fanbases than upset Superman fans. So I don't think that a Wonder Woman that powerful would last long.

In a perfect world, then yea. Sure, I guess she should be that powerful (seeing as she was meant to be that powerful).

#16 Edited by dshipp17 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

The only real issue I have with Superman and DC is that they always seem to move the goal post as to how powerful Superman really is; sure, he could be the physically strongest member of the Justice League but not have an adjusted power level that DC can always use to say "oh yes, he was more powerful than this character" every time some new powerhouse comes along at DC, Marvel, or in other places; this is also becoming an issue with Hulk; as such, if we removed this PIS that they always put there, when Superman is involved, Superman's true power level should be somewhere just below, equal, or just above that of a character like Colossus; and this is how I determined and envisioned Wonder Woman in Marvel and X-Men; she's 90s Rogue/Carol Danvers or maybe even Spider-Man/Wolverine level.

#17 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

The only real issue I have with Superman and DC is that they always seem to move the goal post as to how powerful Superman really is; sure, he could be the physically strongest member of the Justice League but not have an adjusted power level that DC can always use to say "oh yes, he was more powerful than this character" every time some new powerhouse comes along at DC, Marvel, or in other places; this is also becoming an issue with Hulk; as such, if we removed this PIS that they always put there, when Superman is involved, Superman's true power level should be somewhere just below, equal, or just above that of a character like Colossus; and this is how I determined and envisioned Wonder Woman in Marvel and X-Men; she's 90s Rogue/Carol Danvers or maybe even Spider-Man/Wolverine level.

They aren't at Marvel and they aren't x-men. DC has always portrayed Superman above Colossus level. And lol at Wonder Woman being spiderman, basically street leveler. When her feats since Golden Age put her way above that and way above carol danvers level. It is very obvious that Superman and Wonder Woman were meant to be more powrful than what you envision based on actual feats since the 40s. So why ignore that? What do you think? @masterwitcher88

#18 Edited by dshipp17 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@dshipp17 said:

They aren't at Marvel and they aren't x-men. DC has always portrayed Superman above Colossus level. And lol at Wonder Woman being spiderman, basically street leveler. When her feats since Golden Age put her way above that and way above carol danvers level. It is very obvious that Superman and Wonder Woman were meant to be more powrful than what you envision based on actual feats since the 40s. So why ignore that? What do you think? @masterwitcher88

No, I'd say that they've fluctuated these characters' power levels over time to match whatever powerhouses are invented and that's the problem; this is not how Wonder Wonder was generally portrayed during Marston's run, if that is what you're getting at; Marston's run is what really made me like Wonder Woman, when I went to explore her further, as I only knew her from her tv series and Superfriends, leading into my discovering Marston's run and that she was actually a comic book character back in the 2004-2005 era; generally, Wonder Woman allowed herself to be captured and played the street leveler, even though she was actually stronger (e.g. she displayed this higher power level, as a plot device and get out of a bind, literally, which I liked and is clearly how this character was intended to be portrayed; it's just a matter of adaptive creativity, as to how you continually portray her this way, which is another point; Wonder Woman should require this level of creativity and Dr. Psycho, being her arch-villain, is the most creative means of accomplishing it; instead, she's been watered down as a Xena lite character; that depiction doesn't really require a lot of creativity and is lazy, to put it frankly; that's what later even happened to Dejah Thoris, as of late, instead of going the other way around and trying to get even more creative); what you're talking about is what I previously called anomalies and stuff that didn't start to slowing trickle in until Perez, where Messner-Loebs gave another great run, more in tribute to Marston, after so long.

But, I know that DC has been catering to your bunch, since we had (started having) this argument before they started this stuff with New 52 and Rebirth; that's where they really started making a Wonder Woman that I do not recognize and am unfamiliar with and which has slowly been wearing on me and making me lose my patience; this was not a character that was designed to cater to political correctness and feminism, all exclusively, all the time, like this (e.g. Dejah Thoris is now the standard for Wonder Woman depiction, at least an earlier version of Thoris, and that's not good); but, they've been doing this since 2010, so, maybe they're sending me a message (and they seem to have decided to make you the winner in our argument); this version and your version of Wonder Woman would not have attracted me and I would have just forgotten about this character by now, to be honest, if I had seen something like that, when I was exploring this character further.

But, basically, Marston attracted me and Messner-Loebs kept me from jumping ship way back in 2005 to be honest; there were some little pieces of bait in between that kept wetting my appetite every now and then, including Wonder Woman as depicted in Secret Six and even Golden Perfect and the way Terry Dodson was able to handle Wonder Woman for a brief run; but, since 2010, I pretty haven't been getting much of anything; I liked Earth One, Volume 2; but, we at least need a properly portrayed Dr. Psycho in the Wonder Woman book; but, trust me, I know what you're getting at, as I argued against your version of Wonder Woman, if you remember. One point that I was making is that these would be the power levels of these characters if the PIS, inconsistencies, and different changes were removed and had they been in a Universe that is the 90s X-Men; I'm sure Marvel is guilty of departing from this with their characters, also, but that's the gold standard of character depiction, even for DC to follow, even as the rival company; that's my point (e.g. another smaller tribute to Stan Lee).

#19 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:
@agent41 said:
@dshipp17 said:

No, I'd say that they've fluctuated these characters' power levels over time to match whatever powerhouses are invented and that's the problem; this is not how Wonder Wonder was generally portrayed during Marston's run, if that is what you're getting at; Marston's run is what really made me like Wonder Woman, when I went to explore her further, as I only knew her from her tv series and Superfriends, leading into my discovering Marston's run and that she was actually a comic book character back in the 2004-2005 era; generally, Wonder Woman allowed herself to be captured and played the street leveler, even though she was actually stronger (e.g. she displayed this higher power level, as a plot device and get out of a bind, literally, which I liked and is clearly how this character was intended to be portrayed; it's just a matter of adaptive creativity, as to how you continually portray her this way, which is another point; Wonder Woman should require this level of creativity and Dr. Psycho, being her arch-villain, is the most creative means of accomplishing it; instead, she's been watered down as a Xena lite character; that depiction doesn't really require a lot of creativity and is lazy, to put it frankly; that's what later even happened to Dejah Thoris, as of late, instead of going the other way around and trying to get even more creative); what you're talking about is what I previously called anomalies and stuff that didn't start to slowing trickle in until Perez, where Messner-Loebs gave another great run, more in tribute to Marston, after so long.

But, I know that DC has been catering to your bunch, since we had (started having) this argument before they started this stuff with New 52 and Rebirth; that's where they really started making a Wonder Woman that I do not recognize and am unfamiliar with and which has slowly been wearing on me and making me lose my patience; this was not a character that was designed to cater to political correctness and feminism, all exclusively, all the time, like this (e.g. Dejah Thoris is now the standard for Wonder Woman depiction, at least an earlier version of Thoris, and that's not good); but, they've been doing this since 2010, so, maybe they're sending me a message (and they seem to have decided to make you the winner in our argument); this version and your version of Wonder Woman would not have attracted me and I would have just forgotten about this character by now, to be honest, if I had seen something like that, when I was exploring this character further.

But, basically, Marston attracted me and Messner-Loebs kept me from jumping ship way back in 2005 to be honest; there were some little pieces of bait in between that kept wetting my appetite every now and then, including Wonder Woman as depicted in Secret Six and even Golden Perfect and the way Terry Dodson was able to handle Wonder Woman for a brief run; but, since 2010, I pretty haven't been getting much of anything; I liked Earth One, Volume 2; but, we at least need a properly portrayed Dr. Psycho in the Wonder Woman book; but, trust me, I know what you're getting at, as I argued against your version of Wonder Woman, if you remember. One point that I was making is that these would be the power levels of these characters if the PIS, inconsistencies, and different changes were removed and had they been in a Universe that is the 90s X-Men; I'm sure Marvel is guilty of departing from this with their characters, also, but that's the gold standard of character depiction, even for DC to follow, even as the rival company; that's my point (e.g. another smaller tribute to Stan Lee).

Marston Wonder Woman had A LOT of powerful feats. And Marston and all the people that helped him to create her, wanted a female powerhouse. Their words.

#20 Posted by jphulk26 (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

My Ideal Wonder Woman

Stats

Origin

Sculpted from the Clay of Paradise Island and brought to life by the Breath of the Gods. Diana was sculpted by her mother Hippolyta, 10th Queen of the Amazons, days after Themyscira was rebuilt on Paradise Island 3,000 years ago.

Powers

Granted by multiple Gods and Goddesses, Diana posses many powers and abilities at her disposal.

Bestowed Diana with Godlike Strength and Godlike Durability, drawn from the primordial earth mother Gaia. Diana is stronger then Herakles, having brought the Lion of Olympus to heel many times in battle. Even Hephaestus, who shakes the universe with every swing from is hammer as he forges weapons and armor, is impressed by her strength. Her durability being taken from a primordial being like Gaia allows her to survive many destructive attacks. She survived an onslaught from Ares the God of War while in his own realm making him nigh omnipotent. She has taken a brutal lighting attack from an angered Zeus. She has even survived inside blackholes.

Bestowed Diana with Godlike Speed and the power of flight. Diana can fly and move at faster then light speeds. She's not Flash of course, but she is close to Superman relatively speaking. She's entered the speed force on her own power, can dodge light speed projectiles while in the air. Her villain the Cheetah can fight as fast and move almost as fast as Flash; Diana can fight and react to her.

Bestowed Diana with the Eyes of the Master Huntress and Unity with Nature and Animals. The Eyes of the Master Huntress is a fancy way of saying Diana possess the eyes of a Goddess, specifically Artemis. This is where her reflexes and combat speed come in to play. Diana can see and react to objects that move massively faster then the speed of light. This is how she can casually block light speed lasers while giving a speech. Why she can react to things at insane speeds like Wally West Flash and tag them. These eyes also allow her to "never miss" with her lasso.

Unity with Animals is pretty simple, she can talk to animals. Like snow white. She also possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of all animals both real and magical.

Unity with Nature allows her to have an encyclopedic knowledge of all plants both real and magical.

Bestowed Diana with a Godlike Healing factor. Should she ever truly get injured in a battle she can heal her wounds at the level of a god, which is to say in mere moments. She is also immune to all mortal poisons, diseases, viruses, and illnesses. She can't get sick by any normal means.

Perhaps the most important patron for Diana, Athena Bestowed her with Godlike wisdom and the Grey Eyes of Truth. Wisdom is simple enough, but Diana is as Wise as Athena who is as wise as 10,000 scholars. Athena was specifically associated with Law, Justice, Mathematics, Warfare, Crafts, Civilization, Medicine, and Strategy. If Diana has Athena's wisdom she would posses the knowledge of a Lawyer, a General, a Nurse, a Mathematician, a Phycologist, and a Diplomat; all at the top of those respective fields. She is naturally intelligent but, she still studied on Themyscira to get that knowledge.

The Grey Eyes of Truth can do a multitude on things. They allow Diana to be immune to mind control, reality warping, and illusion. This is how Diana can fight Gods with immense reality warping abilities and survive. She can literally break false realities with her eyes, she did this in the story "The Truth" when she revealed that the Nu52 Themysicira and Amazons were all false creations. With these eyes she can also see through magical illusions like if Circe tries to disguise herself with a spell.

Diana as young child was branded by the Goddess when she witnessed a ritual involving her worshipers. With this mode, Diana turns a pale white, her hair becomes that of a light on top a candle, and her tiara shows the symbol of the triple moon. She becomes infused with immense magical power, 1/5th of Hecate's true power. Diana can create powerful magical fire-like blasts from her hands, warp reality, and use powerful magics. Even Dr. Fate questioned if he could battle Diana in this form. This is her Avatar State, a defense mechanism used only when absolutely necessary.

Something that I personally want to add. Diana can summon and use 10% of Zeus's lightning in anyway she can imagine. Think fire bending/lightning bending from Avatar: TLA. EVERY MEMBER of the royal family, from the first queen to Diana (including Hippolyta) can use this. Think about it, Zeus's lightning is powerful enough to shatter a universe. 10% of the power to destroy a universe is a lot. The Amazonian Royal family is one of the most powerful royal families on the face of the earth and doesn't really have anything to show for it.

Abilities

Acrobatics

Diana spend thousands of years learning flexibility and precision from her martial arts. As such she has also learned gymnastics to help with her reflexes in combat. She is far above an Olympic level athlete.

Hand to Hand combat

Diana is a grandmaster martial artist with thousands of years of experience behind her. She fought the best of the Amazons to become Wonder Woman. Being a member of the Amazonian Royal Family she was trained by the most elite Amazons including Great General Philippus and General Antiope, whom introduced Diana at the age of 5 to the art of combat. Even the Goddess Athena trained Diana at a young age. Diana learned from the greatest generals in Amazon history and the Goddess of Warfare how to fight. Amazonian Martial Arts is a unique practice taking elements learned from many different cultures over many different times. Her fighting style is primarily focused on power, flexibility, agility, speed, accuracy, and a strong defense.

• Krav Maga
  • Kung Fu
  • Cha Quan
  • Jujitsu
  • Sanda
  • Tai Tzu
  • Lui He
  • Pankration
  • Greco-Roman wrestling
  • Kick-Boxing

Armed Combat

Diana is a master of armed combat due to her training with the Amazons and Athena. She specializes with ancient weaponry:

• Single Sword
  • Dual Sword
  • Spear
  • Heavy Axe
  • Shield
  • Mace
  • Lasso
  • Archery
  • Boomerangs (Tiara)

Physical Weaknesses

Diana posses a weakness to magical piercing weapons. No man made weapon can harm her, but blades or arrows made from magical materials can cut and stab her. An example; a regular sword made from steal would just brake in half if it touched her, where as a sword made from demonic metals would cut her skin.

Magical Poisons

Diana maybe immune to regular poisons, but poisons of a magical nature can effect her even kill her if not treated. Venom from a Hydra, Acid from an Arch Griffon, the poisonous blood of a Hydra etc... all can effect her in different ways based on what the poison/venom does.

Equipment

All of Diana's equipment was made by Hephaestus using Olympian materials making them indestructible. Adamantine (real indestructible metal of the Gods) and Olympian Silk (material used for Diana's armor). Most of her equipment was made generations ago for the past Queens of Themyscira.

Royal Tiara

Pasted from generation to generation, this tiara is a symbol of Amazonian royalty. It is incredibly sharp capable of cutting electrons off atoms. With Diana's strength, she can throw it at faster then light speeds. With her skill, she can throw it at the right angle for it to always hit. It acts as a boomerang, returning after its thrown.

Royal Belt of Hippolyta

My own addition: Once a gift from Ares to his daughter Hippolyta, stolen by Herakles. Diana fought and bested the Lion of Olympus to earn the belt back. The belt is a symbol of Amazonian power and royalty. It can teleport the user to wherever they can think of. This is how Diana can teleport to and from Olympus or Themyscira or any other realm not locked to her.

Gauntlets of Victory

Indestructible gauntlets made from Adamantine and shards of Zeus's shield. They were pasted down from one queen to another now given to Diana. These gauntlets can block anything, create a powerful concussive blast when clanged together, and can summon Diana's other weaponry (minus her Lasso).

Lasso of Truth

Created using the Girdle of Gaia and blessed with the Flames of Hestia. This lasso was Given to the first Amazon queen as a gift from the Goddesses. It is indestructible, infinitely elastic, and has no limit on length. It can of course force people to tell the truth and even force people to obey the commands of the user. It also contains a portion of the GODWAVE.

Swords of Hephaestus

Indestructible twin swords capable of carving electrons off of atoms. Summoned from the Gauntlets

Aegis of Athena

Indestructible medium sized shield with the head of Medusa in front of it. Can turn mortals to stone based on the users command. Summoned from the Gauntlets

Spear of Athena

Indestructible spear blessed by Athena to kill anything. Mortal or Immortal, Alive or Dead, etc... Summoned from the Gauntlets

Eagle Head Double Axe

Diana's axe she used back in Post-Crisis before the swords. Indestructible. Summoned from the Gauntlets

The gold metal of the armor is made from Adamantine, it is indestructible. The red body, boots, and blue battle skirt are made from Olympian Silk. Olympian Silk is near indestructible as a thin layer can survive in the core of the sun, while her gear is made from dozens of layers. Its also incredibly flexible giving Diana insane protection to her organs while allowing her the freedom to use her acrobatic skills.

Personality

Diana is a born leader and master strategist who focuses well on maintaining the balance of a team. When she speaks people will listen. She is the wisest person you will ever know and gives sound advise to anyone who needs it. She excels at ending wars, establishing peace and an expert on threats of a magical nature. She's caring of those around her and wants to ensure that her loved ones are happy. She is a warrior born, but a warrior for PEACE. She will not fight for an unjust cause and doesn't kill unless absolutely necessary. She fights with codes of Honor, Wisdom, Generosity, Valor, and Compassion. A true warrior would never actively seek battle but will always be ready when there is one.

She can be naïve at times. SHE'S NOT STUPID!! I feel like people love to confuse naivety with stupidity. She's just has a hard time understanding why the world is the way it is, why its not Paradise Island basically. You have to remember that she is a member of the Amazonian Royal family. She has responsibilities to her people and her nation, and she gladly excepts them.

If I could compare her to one person in all of media it would be Uncle Iroh from ATLA.

Relationships

• Themysciyra: Greco-Roman architecture with advanced technology, surrounded with beautiful plants and wildlife both real and magical. Like Delos Islands in Assassins Creed Odyssey or IRL.
  • A.R.G.U.S bases around the world: Steve Trevor works for the organization and Etta Candy is one of its heads

Job Description

• Trinity member
  • Warrior
  • Ambassador/Diplomat
  • Teacher
  • Superhero

Villains

Ares; God of War, her personal "Thanos" when he decides to get serious EVERYTHING should be at risk The Universe, The Heavens, EVERYTHING

Strife; Goddess of chaos, doesn't hate Diana just likes to toy with her, make her life miserable

Alkyone and her Circle; the Zealots of Paradise, I love the idea to have them be as strong, fast, and durable as Diana too

Dr. Cyber; "evolution or death", sees Diana as inferior cause she comes from (in her mind) an ancient world. she'd work with advanced tech

Veronica Cale; the wealthy and powerful Baroness searching for a way to return her daughter (would use bounty hunters like Mayfly or Poison Squad, maybe even aliens?)

Zara; Priestess of the Crimson Flame, she started her own cult dedicated to herself, possess the Crimson Flame with in her like the Phenix Force

Ice Blue Man; Wants revenge after being fired over her identity, creator of Blue-Ice

Children of Ares; children with mind control and reality warping powers that can control others, born of hatred

literally ALL the legendary monsters of Greek myth, not even just that, Egyptian myths, Norse myths etc... can be used and reused without end.

And that's just HER villains. We aren't even talking about Justice League villains or Justice League Dark villains.

Man you took the words right out of my mouth dude.

Only changes, I´d make her slightly more vulnerable, her animal empathy would be more like a connection rather than her directly speaking to them (I dont want her stepping on Aquamans shoes), I´d make her speed when pushed near light but not over but her reaction speeds purely insane, I´d make all her patron gods female, her strength level varies as it is powered by the Earth, she heals and draws her strength from Gaia as she was made of the Earth. She is balance. Where as Batman is born of the darkness and Superman draws power from the Sun, Wonder Woman can call upon the Earth itself to grant her greater strength and by connecting with the Earth can heal her wounds but not instantly.

relation to the gods

She is not a relative and not a Goddess. She is champion of the Gods. Beneath The Amazon Islands is Dooms Doorway where the Amazons imprison and keep the world safe from unspeakable evils. A lot of Wondys villains seek to gain access and gain unholy magic powers from this underworld.

Gateway City - The city of politics, kinda DCs Washington DC. She is a diplomat and she resides in Themyscira House, with a magic mirror that allows her to contact Themyscira.

Metroplis is The City Of The Future where Supes protects us from the Gods. Beings of great power, who come from the heavens but do not share his benevolence.

Gotham - down troden city of crime and bathed in darkness. Batman protects us from the demons who spawn from its darkness, like the Joker, Riddler and Zzass.

Wonder Woman - Protects from our baser natures. She fights the dark sides of man and their physical or spiritual embodiements. Ares War, Cheetah lust for power, Dr Psycho Misogny, Alkyone and The Circle Zelotism.

#21 Edited by Agent_Z (540 posts) - - Show Bio

My Ideal Wonder Woman

History of the Amazons

The Amazons were a tribe formed of women of all walks of life, from queens of fallen empires to orphans left for death. They were besieged by many men seeking to conquer them, most notably Heracles, the son of Zeus. Ultimately, they settled on the island of Themyscira. Here, the Amazons' true potential would be unlocked as they learned to manipulate magic in scientific and philosophical methods. To them, magic is as much a science as anything else. One of their discoveries is the Amazon Divine Theory which allows any woman to channel a touch of divinity within them to enhance their physical power. Other forms of spell casting include elemental manipulation, animal empathy, summoning, communing with the dead, etc.

The two current queens, Hippolyta and Philipus would form two children out of clay, Diana and Nubia. Nubia would be lost during an attack from Doom's Doorway and would ultimately return when rescued by Donna and Diana.

Allies

Hippolyta and Philipus - Mothers

Nubia - sister

Donna Troy - adopted sister of Filipino Tagalog descent.

Julia Kapatelis and Vanessa Kapatelis - friend and liason

Steve Trevor - friend and liason

Etta Candy - friend and liason

Artemis of the Bana - lover and eventually wife

Akila - Magic casting specialist

Io - Engineer

Mala - Medical expert

Menalippe - Arch mage and magic instructor

Lilith - A Wiccan magician from outside Themyscira

Villains

Zeus - Has an obsession with Hippolyta since he rebuffed her advances.

Heracles - Seeks to conquer and best the Amazons viewing their independence as an affront to the status quo.

Theseus - Heracles' cousin and lackey who envies his power and good standing with Olympus.

Odyseus - the murderer of Circe's daughter and ally of Heracles.

Jason - con artist and murderer

Zeula - One of the giants of Greek myth.

Zara - an Ifrit

Jack Frost - personification of winter.

White Magician - former hero turned evil. Skilled magician rivaling Akila.

Edgar Cizko - misogynist who made a deal with a demon for power.

Poseidon - Zeus' brother who is an even bigger asshole than him.

Maru - a monster maker.

Neutrals

Circe - once a beloved healer and philospher until her daughter's death at Odyseus' hands.

Veronica Cale

Ares

#22 Edited by masterwitcher88 (1403 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

Only changes, I´d make her slightly more vulnerable, her animal empathy would be more like a connection rather than her directly speaking to them (I dont want her stepping on Aquamans shoes), I´d make her speed when pushed near light but not over but her reaction speeds purely insane, I´d make all her patron gods female, her strength level varies as it is powered by the Earth, she heals and draws her strength from Gaia as she was made of the Earth. She is balance. Where as Batman is born of the darkness and Superman draws power from the Sun, Wonder Woman can call upon the Earth itself to grant her greater strength and by connecting with the Earth can heal her wounds but not instantly.

relation to the gods

She is not a relative and not a Goddess. She is champion of the Gods. Beneath The Amazon Islands is Dooms Doorway where the Amazons imprison and keep the world safe from unspeakable evils. A lot of Wondys villains seek to gain access and gain unholy magic powers from this underworld.

Gateway City - The city of politics, kinda DCs Washington DC. She is a diplomat and she resides in Themyscira House, with a magic mirror that allows her to contact Themyscira.

Metroplis is The City Of The Future where Supes protects us from the Gods. Beings of great power, who come from the heavens but do not share his benevolence.

Gotham - down troden city of crime and bathed in darkness. Batman protects us from the demons who spawn from its darkness, like the Joker, Riddler and Zzass.

Wonder Woman - Protects from our baser natures. She fights the dark sides of man and their physical or spiritual embodiements. Ares War, Cheetah lust for power, Dr Psycho Misogny, Alkyone and The Circle Zelotism.

1 or more weaknesses or just not planetary durability and why?

I don't think she's a Goddess per say but she is higher then a Demigod IMO. Base from she's above Herakles who is 3rd Gen Olympian, but below Ares who is 2nd Gen. In her Witch/God-mode she is on par with Ares, but below someone like Zeus who is 1st Gen.

Greek Myth Levels are....

• Primordials- Gaia, Erebus, Nyx, Uranus, Tartarus, Chronus, etc...
  • Titans- Kronus, Rhea, etc...
    • 3 Hekatonkeries
    • 3 Cyclopes
  • Olympians (Aphrodite is like 1st Gen but was born from the seafoam that came from Uranus's castration)
    1. Zeus, Hera, Hades, Demeter, Hestia, Poseidon
    2. Athena, Ares, Artemis, Apollo, Hephaestus, Hermes, Dionisius
    3. Herakles, Perseus, etc... (basically all the Demigods and some gods)
    4. Sons/Daughters of the demigods
  • Other powerful beings
    • Nymphs
    • Cyclopes (children of Poseidon)
    • Satyrs
    • other witches
    • etc...
  • Mortals

Diana and Circe would be between Gen 2 and 3.

I didn't forget about Dooms Doorway, just didn't add it. My mistake, though I believe you mean under the main Island lies Dooms Doorway.

I imagine GWC as San Francisco visually specking, but more into politics as you say.

#23 Posted by jphulk26 (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

relation to the gods

1 or more weaknesses or just not planetary durability and why?

I don't think she's a Goddess per say but she is higher then a Demigod IMO. Base from she's above Herakles who is 3rd Gen Olympian, but below Ares who is 2nd Gen. In her Witch/God-mode she is on par with Ares, but below someone like Zeus who is 1st Gen.

Greek Myth Levels are....

• Primordials- Gaia, Erebus, Nyx, Uranus, Tartarus, Chronus, etc...
  • Titans- Kronus, Rhea, etc...
    • 3 Hekatonkeries
    • 3 Cyclopes
  • Olympians (Aphrodite is like 1st Gen but was born from the seafoam that came from Uranus's castration)
    1. Zeus, Hera, Hades, Demeter, Hestia, Poseidon
    2. Athena, Ares, Artemis, Apollo, Hephaestus, Hermes, Dionisius
    3. Herakles, Perseus, etc... (basically all the Demigods and some gods)
    4. Sons/Daughters of the demigods
  • Other powerful beings
    • Nymphs
    • Cyclopes (children of Poseidon)
    • Satyrs
    • other witches
    • etc...
  • Mortals

Diana and Circe would be between Gen 2 and 3.

I didn't forget about Dooms Doorway, just didn't add it. My mistake, though I believe you mean under the main Island lies Dooms Doorway.

I imagine GWC as San Francisco visually specking, but more into politics as you say.

As I said, u had almost the exact same thoughts as me.

#24 Posted by comicfan_60 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

My Ideal Wonder Woman

Stats

Origin

Powers

Abilities

Acrobatics

Hand to Hand combat

• Krav Maga
  • Kung Fu
  • Cha Quan
  • Jujitsu
  • Sanda
  • Tai Tzu
  • Lui He
  • Pankration
  • Greco-Roman wrestling
  • Kick-Boxing

Armed Combat

• Single Sword
  • Dual Sword
  • Spear
  • Heavy Axe
  • Shield
  • Mace
  • Lasso
  • Archery
  • Boomerangs (Tiara)

Physical Weaknesses

Magical Poisons

Equipment

Royal Tiara

Royal Belt of Hippolyta

Gauntlets of Victory

Lasso of Truth

Swords of Hephaestus

Aegis of Athena

Spear of Athena

Eagle Head Double Axe

Personality

Relationships

Job Description

• Trinity member
  • Warrior
  • Ambassador/Diplomat
  • Teacher
  • Superhero

Villains

Agree with almost everything you said. This would be my version as well. In the stats section though I would add

Perception : Best in DC.

Mental Defense: Impenetrable.

A warriors training is mind first. I don't like mind control stories and I really think nobody should be able to get past Diana's mental defenses.

Also I agree with Combat Reflexes: Faster than light, but in my version, I would restrict everybody's Travel Speed in DC to light level and only allow Flash to go beyond it.

#25 Posted by jphulk26 (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88 said:
No Caption Provided

My Ideal Wonder Woman

Stats

Origin

Powers

Abilities

Acrobatics

Hand to Hand combat

• Krav Maga
  • Kung Fu
  • Cha Quan
  • Jujitsu
  • Sanda
  • Tai Tzu
  • Lui He
  • Pankration
  • Greco-Roman wrestling
  • Kick-Boxing

Armed Combat

• Single Sword
  • Dual Sword
  • Spear
  • Heavy Axe
  • Shield
  • Mace
  • Lasso
  • Archery
  • Boomerangs (Tiara)

Physical Weaknesses

Magical Poisons

Equipment

Royal Tiara

Royal Belt of Hippolyta

Gauntlets of Victory

Lasso of Truth

Swords of Hephaestus

Aegis of Athena

Spear of Athena

Eagle Head Double Axe

Personality

Relationships

Job Description

• Trinity member
  • Warrior
  • Ambassador/Diplomat
  • Teacher
  • Superhero

Villains

Agree with almost everything you said. This would be my version as well. In the stats section though I would add

A warriors training is mind first. I don't like mind control stories and I really think nobody should be able to get past Diana's mental defenses.

Also I agree with Combat Reflexes: Faster than light, but in my version, I would restrict everybody's Travel Speed in DC to light level and only allow Flash to go beyond it.

I have to absolutely disagree on the mind control thing. Some of WW´s core villains like Doctor Psycho, Maxwell Lord and Circe use mind control. She needs those challenges.

The way I think of it is she should not be able to be mind controlled when holding the lasso. But if someone manages to steal the lasso, then she is vunerable to such attacks.

I get everyone wants ww stats high, mainly so she can take on Superman. But really it isn´t ww that is the problem, it SM. Writers have made him powerful in ways he was never meant to be. I think the main motive for that is the the batman fanboys at DC who want to show just how cool Bats is that he can beat him, but they´ve seriously damaged characters like WW, Flash and Shazam in the process of doing that. I mean when Superman freeze breathed Shazam in Injustice, I was like WTF. That was the dumbest thing I´d ever seen. So basically that means Superman can freeze breath Black Adam to death. Its just so over the top and its all to make Batman cool and what it does is ruin Superman, cos now it takes something so powerful to even pose a challenge to him that his villains like Lex Luthor don´t even make sense. They´ve also made Superman and other DC heroes more defined by their powers than what they represent.

The thing that is interesting about the Trinity and DC heroes in general is what they represent. Not what powers they have. In my opinion The Flash should be the most powerful member of The Justice League, but he doesn´t seem so because he´s always afraid to test its limits because he knows the impact his abilities could have on the world.

Superman should be most powerful but not so that he´s a one man army, I think between Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman, because of eaches strengths, each should be able to take the other out depending on the circumstances. So yeah that my thoughts.

#26 Edited by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:
@comicfan_60 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:
No Caption Provided

My Ideal Wonder Woman

Stats

Origin

Powers

Abilities

Acrobatics

Hand to Hand combat

• Krav Maga
  • Kung Fu
  • Cha Quan
  • Jujitsu
  • Sanda
  • Tai Tzu
  • Lui He
  • Pankration
  • Greco-Roman wrestling
  • Kick-Boxing

Armed Combat

• Single Sword
  • Dual Sword
  • Spear
  • Heavy Axe
  • Shield
  • Mace
  • Lasso
  • Archery
  • Boomerangs (Tiara)

Physical Weaknesses

Magical Poisons

Equipment

Royal Tiara

Royal Belt of Hippolyta

Gauntlets of Victory

Lasso of Truth

Swords of Hephaestus

Aegis of Athena

Spear of Athena

Eagle Head Double Axe

Personality

Relationships

Job Description

• Trinity member
  • Warrior
  • Ambassador/Diplomat
  • Teacher
  • Superhero

Villains

I have to absolutely disagree on the mind control thing. Some of WW´s core villains like Doctor Psycho, Maxwell Lord and Circe use mind control. She needs those challenges.

The way I think of it is she should not be able to be mind controlled when holding the lasso. But if someone manages to steal the lasso, then she is vunerable to such attacks.

I get everyone wants ww stats high, mainly so she can take on Superman. But really it isn´t ww that is the problem, it SM. Writers have made him powerful in ways he was never meant to be. I think the main motive for that is the the batman fanboys at DC who want to show just how cool Bats is that he can beat him, but they´ve seriously damaged characters like WW, Flash and Shazam in the process of doing that. I mean when Superman freeze breathed Shazam in Injustice, I was like WTF. That was the dumbest thing I´d ever seen. So basically that means Superman can freeze breath Black Adam to death. Its just so over the top and its all to make Batman cool and what it does is ruin Superman, cos now it takes something so powerful to even pose a challenge to him that his villains like Lex Luthor don´t even make sense. They´ve also made Superman and other DC heroes more defined by their powers than what they represent.

The thing that is interesting about the Trinity and DC heroes in general is what they represent. Not what powers they have. In my opinion The Flash should be the most powerful member of The Justice League, but he doesn´t seem so because he´s always afraid to test its limits because he knows the impact his abilities could have on the world.

Superman should be most powerful but not so that he´s a one man army, I think between Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman, because of eaches strengths, each should be able to take the other out depending on the circumstances. So yeah that my thoughts.

I don't need superman to be weaker or lose to her. I just Wonder Woman to be once again a big powerhouse. Her creator did have her moving planets and stuff like that. So i can't accept the way some writers reduce her power so much.

#27 Posted by Nucleon (3646 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean Statistics (powers/abilities, strengths, weaknesses, equipment, etc...), Personality, Relationships (romantic/platonic), Base of Operations, Job description (positions of leadership, working with a team, etc..), Her Villains (motivations for them). That sort of thing.

- Mid-level physical attributes, low-level brick, focusing on agility and combat skills. Healing factor over durability. Make her different from Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Mon-El, etc etc. The last one of a line of warrior-priestesses under Athena's guidance (rather than Ares').

- Low level mental empathy, able to calm, communicate with others or predict, via oracle quests, incoming events. That aspect would differentiate her from her Amazon sisters.

- Classic, but modernized grecian warrior look, with greaves, helmet and breastplate, with toga underneath; Blue, golden metallics and white; Off with the US flag bunnysuit. Occasional weapons like a spear or amazon axe, along with a shield and maybe even a winged mount to fly, when the occasion calls for it. These items wouldn't be anything special except that they are durable enough and passively magical in nature, explaining why they don't break etc rather than having lightning coming out of them, for exemple.

- Overt love life with interesting, strong partners; Bi-sexuality, or downright lesbianism. Healthy, normal sex life without it being pervert or invasive. Just open. If WW doesn't do it, who will? She was once a pioneer in this domain.

- Her own society would have a feminist, isolationist stance, one that Diana would gradually get free from, while still struggling with sexism, hers and everyone's. In the days we're in, she could have meaning, again.

#28 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

- Mid-level physical attributes, low-level brick, focusing on agility and combat skills. Healing factor over durability. Make her different from Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Mon-El, etc etc. The last one of a line of warrior-priestesses under Athena's guidance (rather than Ares').

- Low level mental empathy, able to calm, communicate with others or predict, via oracle quests, incoming events. That aspect would differentiate her from her Amazon sisters.

- Classic, but modernized grecian warrior look, with greaves, helmet and breastplate, with toga underneath; Blue, golden metallics and white; Off with the US flag bunnysuit. Occasional weapons like a spear or amazon axe, along with a shield and maybe even a winged mount to fly, when the occasion calls for it. These items wouldn't be anything special except that they are durable enough and passively magical in nature, explaining why they don't break etc rather than having lightning coming out of them, for exemple.

- Overt love life with interesting, strong partners; Bi-sexuality, or downright lesbianism. Healthy, normal sex life without it being pervert or invasive. Just open. If WW doesn't do it, who will? She was once a pioneer in this domain.

- Her own society would have a feminist, isolationist stance, one that Diana would gradually get free from, while still struggling with sexism, hers and everyone's. In the days we're in, she could have meaning, again.

She is not a mid tier. She is a powerhouse.

#29 Posted by Nucleon (3646 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: She is not a mid tier. She is a powerhouse.

What you want is Superman with tits. She can be more than Superman with tits. There's already like 12 Supermen with tits.

It's better to be a mid-tier character with a sound concept than a powerful copy of another character. Cap Am is low tier and yet everybody respect, or even admire him. Who wants a character so powerful that it's impossible to write storeis for, anyway?

#30 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@agent41: She is not a mid tier. She is a powerhouse.

What you want is Superman with tits. She can be more than Superman with tits. There's already like 12 Supermen with tits.

It's better to be a mid-tier character with a sound concept than a powerful copy of another character. Cap Am is low tier and yet everybody respect, or even admire him. Who wants a character so powerful that it's impossible to write storeis for, anyway?

No. What i want is the powerhouse with a sound concept, like she was created to be since day 1. She is very different than superman. That excuse that she is just a copy doesn't work.

#31 Posted by Nucleon (3646 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Since day one? Since day one she was the kind of "powerhouse" that got tied up an average of two times per issue. Moulton's WW, which was fun, was far from the She-Superman version you envision for her.

#32 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@agent41: Since day one? Since day one she was the kind of "powerhouse" that got tied up an average of two times per issue. Moulton's WW, which was fun, was far from the She-Superman version you envision for her.

I don't enviosion her as she-superman. I envision her as a powerhouse. Marston Wonder Woman was seen doing great feats of powers. And yes, she was getting tied up in those comics. But it was a symbol. Chains were used in many protests of the time in movements fighting for equal rights. Chains represent orpression. And Wonder Woman was the one that had to break free on her own when she got tie up. She had to free herself from that opression.

#33 Edited by dshipp17 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

Quoted for truth; well stated. That's the way Wonder Woman was designed and the way that her title needs to be returned; as you say it, there are other She-Supermen for the choosing; I've continually explained this to this poster and he knows it; he knows that what he's bringing up are the anomalies, usually only on the covers of the Marston run; go, influence those to the liking, while we enjoy Wonder Woman, as created; that would d a great deal of good. I'm not sure why the most frequent posters here don't simply go and voice their continuous complaints over to Supergirl or Powergirl, although I was looking into Powergirl for awhile, until they did an about face and when from Conner to the New 52 version. I just noticed this about Carol Danvers, also; notice her latest costume change?

#34 Posted by Nucleon (3646 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Marston certainly didn't denounced binding - to the contrary, he'd prescribe it as well as the liberating effect of willing submission. It was WW's central theme. She really was an interesting character at the time, and a bunch of unusual fun.

#35 Edited by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:
@nucleon said:

Quoted for truth; well stated. That's the way Wonder Woman was designed and the way that her title needs to be returned; as you say it, there are other She-Supermen for the choosing; I've continually explained this to this poster and he knows it; he knows that what he's bringing up are the anomalies, usually only on the covers of the Marston run; go, influence those to the liking, while we enjoy Wonder Woman, as created; that would d a great deal of good. I'm not sure why the most frequent posters here don't simply go and voice their continuous complaints over to Supergirl or Powergirl, although I was looking into Powergirl for awhile, until they did an about face and when from Conner to the New 52 version. I just noticed this about Carol Danvers, also; notice her latest costume change?

Marston had Wonder Woman performing great feats of power. His Wonder Woman was seen moving mountains, icebergs, the moon, planets, etc. And all amazons had the potential to grow in power via special training. Oh and Marston himself said he wanted her to have all the strength of Superman. But that's where the similarities end. His Wonder Woman was far from a she superman. Having great power doesn't make you a superman copy. Do you think sm is the first character in fiction to have super strength, speed, etc? That is ridiculous.

She's queer, not only because of her bisexuality, but because she grew up without thinking about gender at all.

She is sex-positive.

She grew up in a place that rejects the inequality of capitalism. A place where she doesn't see class distinction. To her everybody has the same value.

Marston created a very rich character. Marston Wonder Woman was a warrior, a diplomat, a powerhouse, a scientist, a liberated woman. All of you saying that she needs to be weaker to be a good character are going against one of the fundamental aspects that his own creator had in mind.

Do you have anything to add guys?

@geraldofvengerberg@masterwitcher88@scorpio_cassadine@tedirey@jphulk26@termiteone4ever

#36 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@agent41: Marston certainly didn't denounced binding - to the contrary, he'd prescribe it as well as the liberating effect of willing submission. It was WW's central theme. She really was an interesting character at the time, and a bunch of unusual fun.

It was also a metaphor. His Wonder Woman was the one freeing herself from those chains in all the times were she was tied up.

No Caption Provided

He also reiterates the concept of submitting to a loving authority. Like WW referring to Paula Von Gunther, who was a Nazi and evil (at the time, she later became an Amazon herself once WW rescued her daughter from the Nazis and freed Paula). It illustrates the point that submission to evil is bad and submission to love is good.

#37 Edited by dshipp17 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@dshipp17 said:
@nucleon said:

Marston had Wonder Woman performing great feats of power. His Wonder Woman was seen moving mountains, icebergs, the moon, planets, etc. And all amazons had the potential to grow in power via special training. Oh and Marston himself said he wanted her to have all the strength of Superman. But that's where the similarities end. His Wonder Woman was far from a she superman. Having great power doesn't make you a superman copy. Do you think sm is the first character in fiction to have super strength, speed, etc? That is ridiculous.

She's queer, not only because of her bisexuality, but because she grew up without thinking about gender at all.

She is sex-positive.

She grew up in a place that rejects the inequality of capitalism. A place where she doesn't see class distinction. To her everybody has the same value.

Marston created a very rich character. Marston Wonder Woman was a warrior, a diplomat, a powerhouse, a scientist, a liberated woman. All of you saying that she needs to be weaker to be a good character are going against one of the fundamental aspects that his own creator had in mind.

@geraldofvengerberg@masterwitcher88@scorpio_cassadine@tedirey@jphulk26@termiteone4ever

Wonder Woman has always been heterosexual; what I'm proposing is that Wonder Woman be brought back to the character that Marston invented, bondage and all, with a modern twist/upgrade; I want the character to cater more to the Bdsm fanbase and start departing from catering to the politically correct audience (e.g. I just dislike the artificial and trying to reshape Wonder Woman into something different than her creator intended; it's kind of like making her into a corporate label of sorts, while superman and Batman aren't getting that same treatment; I couldn't imagine that the Marston and Peter estates like that one bit); there are other characters better suited for that type of thing. And, as I said, no, I don't want her to have to match every new powerhouse who comes along; I also dislike that characteristic about Superman and Hulk; it has nothing to do exclusively with Wonder Woman and I just said as much.

#38 Edited by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:
@agent41 said:
@dshipp17 said:
@nucleon said:

She is sex-positive.

Wonder Woman has always been heterosexual; what I'm proposing is that Wonder Woman be brought back to the character that Marston invented, bondage and all, with a modern twist/upgrade; I want the character to cater more to the Bdsm fanbase and start departing from catering to the politically correct audience (e.g. I just dislike the artificial and trying to reshape Wonder Woman into something different than her creator intended; it's kind of like making her into a corporate label of sorts, while superman and Batman aren't getting that same treatment; I couldn't imagine that the Marston and Peter estates like that one bit); there are other characters better suited for that type of thing. And, as I said, no, I don't want her to have to match every new powerhouse who comes along; I also dislike that characteristic about Superman and Hulk; it has nothing to do exclusively with Wonder Woman and I just said as much.

Marston and women that also worked in the creation of her character,made Wonder Woman to tackle issues like inequality and sexism. That is part of the original vision. And her being a very powerful character is also part of her original vision.

Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
#39 Posted by Adm1ralSnackbar (299 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#40 Posted by decaf_wizard (17077 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1403 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

Exactly, you are the ONLY person that wants this.

Marston had Wonder Woman pull the F-ing SUN! I'm tired of people saying Marston's Diana wasn't that powerful.

Completely misunderstanding Marston's ideology using bondage as a metaphor for oppression and as Agent41 stated WW always broke free on her own. The whole idea of submission to a loving authority was viewed as positive and submission to a master was viewed a bad. There is a reason Ms. Evil and Von Gunther existed as villains. They were masters not loving beings. So, when they tided up Diana, she would break free on her own.

"Marston created a very rich character. Marston Wonder Woman was a warrior, a diplomat, a powerhouse, a scientist, a liberated woman. All of you saying that she needs to be weaker to be a good character are going against one of the fundamental aspects that his own creator had in mind."

Preach!!

#42 Edited by dshipp17 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88 said:
@dshipp17 said:

Marston had Wonder Woman pull the F-ing SUN! I'm tired of people saying Marston's Diana wasn't that powerful.

Completely misunderstanding Marston's ideology using bondage as a metaphor for oppression and as Agent41 stated WW always broke free on her own. The whole idea of submission to a loving authority was viewed as positive and submission to a master was viewed a bad. There is a reason Ms. Evil and Von Gunther existed as villains. They were masters not loving beings. So, when they tided up Diana, she would break free on her own.

"Marston created a very rich character. Marston Wonder Woman was a warrior, a diplomat, a powerhouse, a scientist, a liberated woman. All of you saying that she needs to be weaker to be a good character are going against one of the fundamental aspects that his own creator had in mind."

Preach!!

"Exactly, you are the ONLY person that wants this."

This just simply isn't true; doing an objective, neutral search of Wonder Woman shows quite the contrary; one of the first themes that comes up about Wonder Woman is her bondage background, even though it's been awhile; and, knowing my actual background, which you don't, when I first did a Google/Yahoo search of Wonder Woman, bondage is what came up; it then sparked my curiosity about the character even more, when I traced Marston's run down; at the time, I thought she was a cartoon character from Superfriends or the Wonder woman tv show; her search was partly an extension of a nostalgia search of She-ra and cartoons from the 1980s.

"Marston had Wonder Woman pull the F-ing SUN! I'm tired of people saying Marston's Diana wasn't that powerful."

That was clearly an anomaly, taken the whole entire Marston run into full context; anybody would note that, if they looking through the Marston run.

"Completely misunderstanding Marston's ideology using bondage as a metaphor for oppression and as Agent41 stated WW always broke free on her own. "

It was something that took place several times in every Marston issue; clearly, it wasn't just a metaphor; you're note going to call the Marston run fake comics, because you disagree with this plan and clear aspect of the Marston run, are you?

#43 Edited by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:
@dshipp17 said:

Preach!!

"Exactly, you are the ONLY person that wants this."

This just simply isn't true; doing an objective, neutral search of Wonder Woman shows quite the contrary; one of the first themes that comes up about Wonder Woman is her bondage background, even though it's been awhile; and, knowing my actual background, which you don't, when I first did a Google/Yahoo search of Wonder Woman, bondage is what came up; it then sparked my curiosity about the character even more, when I traced Marston's run down; at the time, I thought she was a cartoon character from Superfriends or the Wonder woman tv show; her search was partly an extension of a nostalgia search of She-ra and cartoons from the 1980s.

"Marston had Wonder Woman pull the F-ing SUN! I'm tired of people saying Marston's Diana wasn't that powerful."

That was clearly an anomaly, taken the whole entire Marston run into full context; anybody would note that, if they looking through the Marston run.

"Completely misunderstanding Marston's ideology using bondage as a metaphor for oppression and as Agent41 stated WW always broke free on her own. "

It was something that took place several times in every Marston issue; clearly, it wasn't just a metaphor; you're note going to call the Marston run fake comics, because you disagree with this plan and clear aspect of the Marston run, are you?

Go read Marston run again. He had Wonder Woman moving islands, msssive asteroids, the moon, he had her moving planets. You can't take away her powerhouse status. You can't call Marston run fake, just because you don't like WW operating at that level. She was very powerful. Stop denying it because the evidence is there. He wanted in his own words. A character with all the strength of Superman. But he built her to be much more than just a female superman.You only need to read his run to see that. If you want a WW that represnt her classic vision. You can't ignore that he wanted a powerhouse and that's how he wrote her.

About the bondage. Here we have an example of him using it as a metaphor.

No Caption Provided

Yes his WW touched upon sexual themes as well. Another thing that made her ahead of her time. She fought for sexual liberation for women among many other things. His Wonder Woman was much more than bondage content. Her race were powerful people with unlimited potential to grow in power. They were advanced in technology, experts in philosophy, history, medicine etc. If you think all of these aspects aren't important. Then you don't truly want a Marston Wonder Woman. You just want bondage eye candy. His Wonder Woman is much more than just what meets the eye. Maybe @geraldofvengerberg@truethemyscira@scorpio_cassadine may want to add something.

#44 Posted by Nucleon (3646 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@dshipp17: Great post; I do agree.

Marston had Wonder Woman moving islands, msssive asteroids, the moon, he had her moving planets. You can't take away her powerhouse status. You can't call Marston run fake, just because you don't like WW operating at that level. She was very powerful. Stop denying it because the evidence is there. He wanted in his own words. A character with all the strength of Superman. But he built her to be much more than just a female superman.You only need to read his run to see that. If you want a WW that represnt her classic vision. You can't ignore that he wanted a powerhouse and that's how he wrote her.

Yes his WW touched upon sexual themes as well. Another thing that made her ahead of her time. She fought for sexual liberation for women among many other things. His Wonder Woman was much more than bondage content. Her race were powerful people with unlimited potential to grow in power. They were advanced in technology, experts in philosophy, history, medicine etc. If you think all of these aspects aren't important. Then you don't truly want a Marston Wonder Woman. You just want bondage eye candy. His Wonder Woman is much more than just what meets the eye.

#46 Edited by TheHercules (963 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the Post-Flashpoint new origin came, I would have prefered they made she a Full Goddess, I don't care if she had been daughter of Hera or Hypollita(I guess the last one is better and making her a Goddess in Comics)! and would remained all the Amazon/Themyscira story.

Wouldn't make worst, it's just a thought

#47 Posted by Kevinffinity (211 posts) - - Show Bio

It has come to my attention that there is a group of people that prefer to have Wonder Woman more grounded and thus not too powerful. At first I ignored it cause I thought it was a small group but I've noticed more and more people. I think it's important to address this as well cause there's a possibility that DC is trying to balance both groups (those that what her to be powerful and those that want her to be more grounded).

My solution would be to have grounded stories with other similar characters. Most hardcore Wonder Woman fans want her to be powerful while those that want more grounded stories appear to be casual. Therefore it should be easier for them to change to another similar character. Barda is an example of a strong character you can tell grounded stories with

#48 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1403 posts) - - Show Bio

It has come to my attention that there is a group of people that prefer to have Wonder Woman more grounded and thus not too powerful. At first I ignored it cause I thought it was a small group but I've noticed more and more people. I think it's important to address this as well cause there's a possibility that DC is trying to balance both groups (those that what her to be powerful and those that want her to be more grounded).

My solution would be to have grounded stories with other similar characters. Most hardcore Wonder Woman fans want her to be powerful while those that want more grounded stories appear to be casual. Therefore it should be easier for them to change to another similar character. Barda is an example of a strong character you can tell grounded stories with

Define grounded.

#49 Posted by agent41 (15894 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity said:

Define grounded.

Quote For Truth. Wonder Woman's power has declined and it has been that way for some time now. But i don't see that making the stories better. And it terms of the entertainment value. There are street level characters with better and more badass action than current WW. So let's be clear here. A character like Wonder Woman should scream epic and exciting adventures. Her verse has all the element for powerful action moments. She is not batwoman or xena. Her origin and background involve great power and powerful foes. If they want a more "grounded" character. They can go to other titles. Wonder Woman has been meant to be a powerhouse since day 1.

#50 Posted by Kevinffinity (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: Based on the context, they were referring to crazy feats. They prefer something similar to DCEU WW in which she's superhuman but not all that powerful. They don't want her strength for example to be anywhere near planetary. This got to me after I watched a YouTube video in which some guys were talking about good and bad DC characters and they basically said that the more "cosmic/ mind blowing" feats a character has, the worse they are. One of them said he likes Rebirth WW basically cause of how under powered she is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.