Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Would you like for her to have her own city again?

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

and if so, would dc or gateway be fine or should she get another one instead?

she doesnt have to be in it much but just having one i think would be nice she has decades worth of material to build one around and it could help give the character a little more direction

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@willienotwilliam: I don't know that a "home base" is necessary in this day and age. She's capable of moving at near-light speed so she can pretty much be wherever she's needed in the blink of an eye. I like that N52 has made her more "global" by putting her in London, although they never gave a good reason for it. But it would make sense if she were to go back to having a secret ID and have a human life and actually live in a city.

London, Boston or DC could work IMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: i agree that she doesnt need one or a secret ID but if they wanted to i think itd work and help move her more into a specific direction because sometimes she can feel all over the place, also i wish there was somewhere to house all of her history within the DC universe since we miss out on so much of it. Holliday College and all the other things she used to have are so important and the fact that we never see them despite them being so iconic is really sad

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kiba

I don't know. I liked the idea of her in Washington DC living as an ambassador. I thought that fit her pretty well. However NYC might be better as that's where the UN is located but that's where WAY to many heroes are. Plus I hate that DC has fictional cities like Central and Gotham next to real places like Chicago. All real or all fiction. Make up your minds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: they could just make gateway fictional dc

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

I rather not. As the only ambassador of a nation not part of the UN she should mobile between NY, DC and Themyscira.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: um its the college from her original run where alot of her characters either went for school or worked there. dr psycho for example was a professor there and the holliday girls were this sorority that helped Diana on her adventures. i thought itd be cool to introduce it again

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She does have a city. Her apartment is in London, and she operates in London very often. Superman even called it her city.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Themyscira in England. Just like in Flashpoint.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: I agree. It would be amazing to have some of her historically awesome elements back.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds awesome

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Yes.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Washington, D.C. makes the most sense. I like that it's the seat of power and how it's architecture echoes Themyscira's.

It also irks me that the only reason to put her in London is to appease people from around the world that dislike the United States.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

No, she should be a nomad.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. I like her more as a world trekker with several possible bases that she drops in for r&r, namely London and DC and finally Themyscira. But I don't think she should have a "this is my town" mentality with a city like Supes with Metropolis or Batman with Gotham.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

London is fine. Not much point in inventing a fictional city for her if she, like the past 30 years, spends all her time somewhere else.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#20  Edited By black_wreath

@black_wreath said:

I agree. I like her more as a world trekker with several possible bases that she drops in for r&r, namely London and DC and finally Themyscira. But I don't think she should have a "this is my town" mentality with a city like Supes with Metropolis or Batman with Gotham.

Right on!
    Right on!

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman already has a fictional city, her homeland of Themyscira which, as it stands it's a tremendously boring backwater, that should be rectified asap. The Amazons and Paradise Island are far more important to the Wonder Woman mythos than whatever fictional or nonfictional city she resides in imo. You can place Holliday College anywhere you like but there's only one Paradise Island and it shouldn't be a giant snow globe with some Women trapped inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: that'd mean themyscira can't be a utopia because theres no story if everyone is already peaceful and doesn't that also undermine her mission with mans world if she's trying to save "non mans world." It seems like you run into the same problem people had with n52 where azarello made them savage so they'd need Diana but most people have a problem with it

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Themyscira is her city

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: No, not like that. I mean I'd like the Amazons to be more involved as Wonder Woman's sidekicks so to speak, and for some of the Wonder Woman villains to be not just enemies of Wonder Woman, but enemies of Themyscira, every great Civilization has enemies. F.ex Cheetah wants the Girdle of Aphrodite, Veronica Cale wants the elixir of youth; The Baroness wants their amazonium etc

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd like to see her sort of become a Superman like figure for Europe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: i wouldnt mind that every so often but i wouldnt really want those things to be utilized too frequently, i dont think Themyscira should be that central to the characters narrative

wonderfan409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

London Mate

Yeah she's been in London for some time now so it's pointless putting her some where else......beside I like her in London,that place has alot of history

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TrueThemyscira

Gateway City>>> Boston/London

I'm not really a fan of basing superheros in real life locations. It's supposed to be fiction. Try to be creative.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and if so, would dc or gateway be fine or should she get another one instead?

she doesnt have to be in it much but just having one i think would be nice she has decades worth of material to build one around and it could help give the character a little more direction

I think it would help focus her mythos and make world building. I wish they would bring back Gateway City. Too bad Bryne´s run was so bad, because I think they threw the baby out with the bath water with that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.