Wonder Woman's Costume

#301 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: WOW, Flashy, thanks.

sure thing ... there's also the mod era when WW was depowered, but I'm not sure her outfits during that time would qualify as armor

No Caption Provided

#302 Posted by Shadowmaster91 (2114 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Now I feel disapointed. What was she thinking?

#303 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Now I feel disapointed. What was she thinking?

well, it was the 1970's and DC was thinking "let's modernize" so they killed off Steve Trevor and banished the Amazons and depowered Diana ... this version was inspired by the British TV show The Avengers (not to be mistaken with the Might Avengers of the MCU) ... very Bond. Of course the writer, Denny O'neil was famously fired after Gloria Steinem got a look at what he had done to WW.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
#304 Edited by deactivated-599b4bc7465db (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

my opinion on her outfit has changed a lot interestingly enough. other than bringing back the shorts and loosing the heels im pretty content with her costume as is

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
#305 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that somebody could help me with something about the armor of WW. Does anyone know if there is any armor of WW in the comics that doesn't "look" as the American Flag?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#306 Posted by Shadowmaster91 (2114 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorpio_cassadine: Thanks. The last one looks specially better compared to a Amazon using USA's flag.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
#307 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of costumes, why hasn't the avatar for the Wonder Woman Forum changed yet? She doesn't wear that outfit anymore. The mods ran with it early and are keeping it late. I thought they were supposed to be unbiased?

#308 Posted by brettjett (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Be on the look out for the next flurry of articles (by me) being put out on the World Of Superheroes website.

There I talk about how interesting that Wonder Woman is the "V" in the movie title "BvS"....but only because the letter "V" is in her outfit. On her belt, more specifically!

No Caption Provided

With the first "W" right above it!

#309 Posted by Archizooom (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@brettjett: Some would say that's a WM, and that it stands for William Marston

#310 Edited by brettjett (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizooom: You implying that I'm saying NOT?

I only made a partial comment. Look for my "Iconography" article on WW in the WOSH website. I talk about WW's new belt design and how Dr. Marston's initials are on it.

But so too is the letter "V". Which rightfully so, signifies her as the "v" in BvS. Tho I would disagree with the "versus" implication, because she's there to break up their fight by exposing Luthor's lies. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT!

Been waiting to see WW bust up Luthor for a LONG time now! (All 5 minutes of it!)

Oh, BTW, here's a heads up on the necessary material all you fans (new & old) will need to bone up on your WonderWoman-ology: http://www.mediafire.com/view/38n6bhda988zen7/WhoIsWonderWoman_PDF--bonus.pdf

#311 Edited by Mooty_Pass (10677 posts) - - Show Bio

Excuse ME Wonder Woman fans. As you all may know OR can guess i'm a huge Storm Fan. But i'm looking to EXPAND my love of Super Heroine Heroes. I have a small pool of Male Heroes that I like, but I like Female heroes for some reason because I notice they have MORE interesting powers and character development. I'm trying to read more Female Heroes: Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman etc. In Marvel I LOVE Storm and Rouge these two WOMEN is why I LOVE comic books. I'm starting Captain Marvel so far she's getting close to my good side.
SO

I would like to know Join the Amazons Please.......Where can I start reading Wonder Woman???

My reason why I want to start: I want to start reading Wonder Woman is because I LOVE Greek mythos and Diana is drenched in it LOL. Anyway Diana is very interesting her skills and powers makes me appropriate that she isn't some woman who needs to rely on a male presence to finish the Job.

ANYWAY can you guys help???

#313 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

Excuse ME Wonder Woman fans. As you all may know OR can guess i'm a huge Storm Fan. But i'm looking to EXPAND my love of Super Heroine Heroes. I have a small pool of Male Heroes that I like, but I like Female heroes for some reason because I notice they have MORE interesting powers and character development. I'm trying to read more Female Heroes: Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman etc. In Marvel I LOVE Storm and Rouge these two WOMEN is why I LOVE comic books. I'm starting Captain Marvel so far she's getting close to my good side.

SO

I would like to know Join the Amazons Please.......Where can I start reading Wonder Woman???

My reason why I want to start: I want to start reading Wonder Woman is because I LOVE Greek mythos and Diana is drenched in it LOL. Anyway Diana is very interesting her skills and powers makes me appropriate that she isn't some woman who needs to rely on a male presence to finish the Job.

ANYWAY can you guys help???

Here is a pretty recent thread on this very topic

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/what-comics-would-you-recommend-for-new-wonder-wom-1775543/#21

#314 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10677 posts) - - Show Bio
#315 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: no problem! I hope you find some stories you enjoy!

#316 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10677 posts) - - Show Bio
@csg_cl said:

@stormphoenix: no problem! I hope you find some stories you enjoy!

I left a comment asking should I start with the New 52 Wonder Woman or her new number 1 that's coming out??? I think I could be wrong.

#317 Edited by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: read all Azzarello's run skip the Finch run.. Then wait for rebirth. Read Amazo Virus and Darkseid Wars too.

#318 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I agree with @vinmonster ... Azzarello is good, but don't bother with Finch

#319 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10677 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: @vinomonster: OK GOOD. I'm glad you said to read Darksied Wars because I actually have been eyeballing the comic for a while now every time I go to my local comic book store. HAHAHA.

Just curious why do you BOTH like Woner Woman??? What about her that you find fascinating??? Because I want to see if my fascination about this character matches you guys. HAHAHA.

Again I appreciate both of you for taking the time to chat with me.

#320 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I've been reading WW for almost 40 years! I think as a little boy I was drawn to her being both incredibly powerful but also incredibly loving. A little later when the TV show came out it became a family favorite. As I got older I became drawn to her as a symbol for equality. Now I enjoy the badassery of some of her new universe.

#321 Edited by Mooty_Pass (10677 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl said:

@stormphoenix: I've been reading WW for almost 40 years! I think as a little boy I was drawn to her being both incredibly powerful but also incredibly loving. A little later when the TV show came out it became a family favorite. As I got older I became drawn to her as a symbol for equality. Now I enjoy the badassery of some of her new universe.

hahaha OK OK that's cool so out of Marvel who do you think is MOST like Wonder Woman. We are not talking counter parts because there is a counter part that I DON"T consider her ANYTHING like Wonder Woman. But the Marvel Women NOW who is the closest to being Exactly what Wonder Woman is. IF that makes sense hahaha.

#322 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I haven't been reading a ton of Marvel over the last few years, but in terms of who I think represents similar things I'd say Storm ... A warriors heart, loving soul and incredibly powerful and skilled.

#323 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio
#324 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10677 posts) - - Show Bio
@csg_cl said:

@stormphoenix: I haven't been reading a ton of Marvel over the last few years, but in terms of who I think represents similar things I'd say Storm ... A warriors heart, loving soul and incredibly powerful and skilled.

Your absolutely right. Personally it's just me I think Storm is the ONLY one that's the closet to being the most similar to Wonder Woman as you mentioned. People say Captain Marvel is and She-Hulk, but strongly disagree I don't see it at all. Carol to me just seems like someone who can't think for herself. As for She Hulk she's just boring sadly to say. I'd love to read about her, but nothing interesting. I hate Spider Woman she's boring and Scarlet Witch.

@stormphoenix: Simple she's the epitome of female superhero.

I agree and then I disagree. I have mix feelings for that one simply becasue there are LOTS of candidates for that.

#325 Edited by alsummers (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I think he means that WW was the start of successful superheroines in comics, which is largely true. And during the time she was introduced she was very revolutionary, introducing themes that realistically shouldn't have been published during that time period. That said there are tons of female super heroes now, many embody different things that speak to different people.

#327 Posted by william300 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else hates WW with a cape?

#328 Posted by CSG_CL (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else hates WW with a cape?

I don't mind the cape when it's for ceremonial use ... but as part of her day to day costume, not really a fan.

#329 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her new costume from rebirth. Its perfect.

#330 Posted by RayRay1127 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@lxlgiftedlxl:

Right there with ya! Classic colors with an oxymoronic "new/ancient" twist! Been saying for YEARS (since I really understood what "patriotism" entails) that Di's outfit should excise the stars, darken the colors a little, and switch from a one-piece to a more "ancient warrior" look. And voila! Liam Sharp, I am now in love with you! Lol

#331 Posted by BlueEcho (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm interesting

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#332 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really starting to love the Jason Fabok stylized/colored version of her Rebirth costume. Hell Fabok's design in D War is practically perfect, the one flaw being his gauntlets.

No Caption Provided

#333 Posted by ganon15 (7324 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really starting to love the Jason Fabok stylized/colored version of her Rebirth costume. Hell Fabok's design in D War is practically perfect, the one flaw being his gauntlets.

No Caption Provided

If they are serious about doing a Flashpoint movie, then ^THAT needs to be her look for it

#334 Posted by agent41 (16084 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Good.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#335 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: isn't it. What coloration do you prefer; gold armor and red boots or silver armor and blue boots?

#336 Posted by agent41 (16084 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: isn't it. What coloration do you prefer; gold armor and red boots or silver armor and blue boots?

This.

#338 Posted by meesho20 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: awesome explanation, all the details are presented and backed up. Interesting to note though, is I always had difficulty getting into this character: Amazonian of Greek heritage with American clothes, whaaaat! hahaha. The character is awesome yet her attire has always been flawed because of this in my opinion. Now in the film she has roman inspired get up to match sword and shield type, eesh.

#340 Edited by TrueThemyscira (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@meesho20 said:

@razzatazz: awesome explanation, all the details are presented and backed up. Interesting to note though, is I always had difficulty getting into this character: Amazonian of Greek heritage with American clothes, whaaaat! hahaha. The character is awesome yet her attire has always been flawed because of this in my opinion. Now in the film she has roman inspired get up to match sword and shield type, eesh.

DC/WB are clueless about WW and I'm sure you are too.

#341 Posted by meesho20 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@truethemyscira said: DC/WB are clueless about WW and I'm sure you are too.

I like the way you think; I'd be lying to myself if I believe you though, I cannot deny my knowledge based on your beliefs... and for who's sake?, truth is my compass.

#343 Posted by Thekillerklok (10242 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Hey guys... I think I have found The outfit.

#345 Edited by TheHercules (1350 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Her best costume so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.