Wonder Woman video game

#1 Posted by Dismall (11 posts) - - Show Bio

If wonder woman was to actually get her very own video game, do you think it would be any good?  I have heard a lot of people wanting one but i dont think it would work.  I dont see how they could fit her storyline into it and make it different from any other game.  What do you guys think?  (sorry if i did something wrong, this is my first posting of a new topic)

#2 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

If they made it as bloody and went all out like God of War then yes, I could see it working. Add in some guest appearances, side quests, etc, and why not?

#3 Posted by Batcrow (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I guess they could use the current comic setting. Who wouldn't love to fight minotaurs on rooftops in NY? Since she and her fellow Amazons are being followed, it makes sense not to give her flight. Because flight would take out all the sense of adventure and mystery from the game. How I would love to chase Cheetah down the sewers hehehe. 
And they should give access to all/most of her weapons. I hated how in MK vs DC they didn't even let us use her tiara or bracelets. AND downplayed her combat skills and/or strength. 
The way she fought was not very Amazonian - more akin to a flexible ballerina.

#4 Posted by Sydpart2 (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, make it God of War ish (big GOW fan here lol), make her character abilities fun and cool to use, and then you could have one hell of a game...Also maybe throw in like a 300 esque scene where she has to lead or fight with a bunch of other amazons against some monsters...that'd be awesome.

#5 Posted by yeopop (791 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't imagine a game of Wonder Woman.
#6 Edited by Shadowdoggy (3868 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could really work 
there'd be great fight mechanics using her superstrength 
they could do a lot of great animations (GoW style) utilizing her lasso to take down enemies 
she could have a batarang from B:AA like mechinic with her tiara 
and they could make her able to deflect attacks and projectiles to certain areas or enemies 
and all of those mechanics would be great for puzzle solving 
and Themyscara and the mythic world she runs in would be an amazing backdrop with tons of great enemies 
actually....her current arc would be a cool game once it's run its course 
they could have us playing as alternate world Diana (jacket wearing diana) which would explain your need to learn all her moves and powers and then have you end up playing the "mainstream" continuity Diana as the story goes on 
#7 Posted by Batcrow (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy said:
" I think it could really work there'd be great fight mechanics using her superstrength they could do a lot of great animations (GoW style) utilizing her lasso to take down enemies she could have a batarang from B:AA like mechinic with her tiara and they could make her able to deflect attacks and projectiles to certain areas or enemies and all of those mechanics would be great for puzzle solving and Themyscara and the mythic world she runs in would be an amazing backdrop with tons of great enemies actually....her current arc would be a cool game once it's run its course they could have us playing as alternate world Diana (jacket wearing diana) which would explain your need to learn all her moves and powers and then have you end up playing the "mainstream" continuity Diana as the story goes on  "
Agree, especially with that, now that I think of it. New York streets always make good settings. Mythological creatures littering those dark alleys would be great. 
Think God Of War, Heavenly Sword and Arkham City all rolled into one.
#8 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3868 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow:
that's the perfect description 
it would make for an amazing game
#9 Posted by Cirelick (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would work if a developer like Bioware made it. They could make it like Dragon's Age Origins. Maybe make more of a Justice League game. Each character would have their own story at the beginning and come together to form the Justice League. Wonder Woman's  could start out with her leaving the island to return Steve Trevor. She could gain skills as you level and give you choices of having love affairs with Steve Trevor or Batman, and fighting bad guys along the way. Each character you play would have different experiences.

#10 Posted by ChadwickDavis (477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: 
If they made it as bloody and went all out like God of War then yes, I could see it working. Add in some guest appearances, side quests, etc, and why not?

Personally I think a middle ground between Heavenly Sword and God of War would be more effective. God of war would be too over the top for Diana's character in terms of excessive brutlality but the plot would work. Heavenly sword has a maneuverability and gameplay that would work wonderfully, but lacks the epic scale that GOW has.   

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.