Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Rebirth Discussion Thread

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tedirey said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:

Newest issue of WW was nice. Its cool seeing the Valkyries back as Amazon villains. Its just cool seeing someone that actually appreciates the Wonder mythos enough to revitalize old villains and putting a modern twist on them vs. making boring new ones that read like old villains (grail, the dark gods, first born...) or rushing through old villains without even a basic retelling (Zara and iceblue man).

Diana comes across as a regal warrior that wants peace and fights for truth. She doesn't stand there and give a 5 page long essay about the morality of every little thing that a person does.

I'm genuinely excited for the next issue.

It looks like the Amazons are presented as the villains here. Why would they wipe out the Valkyries who came in peace?

I sincerely hope it's a deception, a ploy or a trick to make von Gunther hate the Amazons.

Presented through the eyes of Von Gunther, as in that's solely what she believes or what she has been told. Its more than likely a deception, we don't know the full story or the amazon's side of things.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Previews for the next issue is out. Looks really good.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orlando's out! A brand new creative team takes over in June

https://www.newsarama.com/49341-mariko-tamaki-and-mikel-janin-take-over-dc-s-wonder-woman-title-this-summer.html

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zariusii: is Orlando being out a good thing?

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much for Orlando and his ark, we're getting another writer... again.

DComicsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi. I've been a lurker on this forum since the live action WW movie, and seeing that it hasn't been updated in three months, I thought I'd try to jump start it.

I've read all the recent issues of her solo book since this thread went dead and while the action is...lacking, I like the way Orlando portrays Diana. Someone who genuinely wants the best for everyone and will always try to resolve a conflict through dialogue before using violence. The newest issue has an awesome moment at the end where she is willing to face down the Presence/God to protect Paula and I fucking love it. She is truly fearless when it comes to protecting those she cares about.

JLD is great like always. What I really want from DC is to allow Diana to learn how to control the incredible magical power within her so that she can call upon it whenever necessary. It would undoubtedly make her the most powerful member of the Justice League and with her ties to the divine and connections with magic, I think it's more than justified.

I've enjoyed the elseworld Dead Earth and the side series Agent of Peace. The latter especially has some great feats. If ya'll haven't read them, I highly recommend that you do.

I would love to see this forum active again and I'd like to add to the conversation too.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hi. I've been a lurker on this forum since the live action WW movie, and seeing that it hasn't been updated in three months, I thought I'd try to jump start it.

I've read all the recent issues of her solo book since this thread went dead and while the action is...lacking, I like the way Orlando portrays Diana. Someone who genuinely wants the best for everyone and will always try to resolve a conflict through dialogue before using violence. The newest issue has an awesome moment at the end where she is willing to face down the Presence/God to protect Paula and I fucking love it. She is truly fearless when it comes to protecting those she cares about.

JLD is great like always. What I really want from DC is to allow Diana to learn how to control the incredible magical power within her so that she can call upon it whenever necessary. It would undoubtedly make her the most powerful member of the Justice League and with her ties to the divine and connections with magic, I think it's more than justified.

I've enjoyed the elseworld Dead Earth and the side series Agent of Peace. The latter especially has some great feats. If ya'll haven't read them, I highly recommend that you do.

I would love to see this forum active again and I'd like to add to the conversation too.

I'll be posting some reviews coming up, starting with the prior 3 months. I'm just really busy, at the moment.

DComicsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1862  Edited By DComicsFan

@dshipp17: Alright, good to know.

Edit: Read the latest issue. Some nice feats and I'm interested in what comes next.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recent JL story is pretty good. Diana showing off her wisdom and leadership skills on top of some impressive speed and strength feats.

DComicsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it bother anyone that Diana is the only voice of reason in the latest JL story? Like , I'm glad that it's showing her wisdom when it comes to dealing with other groups, but it seems to me like she's the only one with a brain in her head and it kinda makes the other JL members look short-sighted and, frankly, stupid, which they usually aren't when written in-character.

I don't know, it just feels kinda off to me. I still enjoy the overall story.

DComicsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anxious to see what happens next in JLD with Zatanna and Diana facing off against the Upside-Down Man (most likely).

DComicsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not thrilled about WW 759. It sets up this philosophical question which I'm not confident will be satisfactorily answered and we spent a whole issue just leading up to the introduction of Max Lord. Hopefully, this leads to a good experience. Unfortunately, my guess is that everything Orlando set up story-wise will never be revisited or concluded which sucks.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orlando will conclude his run in the anniversary issue.

Tamaki's run has a solid start with a par of the course question that multiple heroes have had answered. I am more interested in seeing her take; if its different more much of the same. Not that the same it entirely a bad thing. Though I question how Max is suppose to be this antihero character that Diana needs to work with if his first action in the book is killing a bunch of people.

The only thing that annoys me is the constant sword and shield that Diana uses.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just came here to restate how much I dislike Death Metal and how freaking lame Wonder Woman is in it, ugh. There's a fight with Superman Prime coming up, you can probably guess the outcome

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just came here to restate how much I dislike Death Metal and how freaking lame Wonder Woman is in it, ugh. There's a fight with Superman Prime coming up, you can probably guess the outcome

Like between Diana and Prime? in death metal or something else? and when?

Death Metal is basic Snyder. Huge concepts, characters that don't really grow or learn or change in anyway despite how big the event is made out to be. Snyder seems to be one of those people that wants to have their cake and eat it too. Does anyone even know what Death Metal is trying to say? His JL run was also some hot trash.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Wonder Woman will face Superboy Prime in Death Metal but she’ll almost certainly have help, there’s absolutely no way she can survive it otherwise, let alone win

I don’t think Death Metal is trying to say anything aside from how important Batman is. It’s an extravagant buffet of Batsurdity

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't even been buying issues anymore.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoying the lack of energy this run, go on give us nothing.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sticking to Agent of Peace.

DComicsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1875  Edited By DComicsFan

@zariusii said:

I'm sticking to Agent of Peace.

It's a great series. Just read the latest issue. If only her own book could be as good.

Also, I can't wait for this Wonder Woman/Maxwell Lord teamup to end. Nothing interesting happens and the banter between them isn't good enough compensate for that. Either just get to the inevitable betrayal and conclude the run or move on to something genuinely intriguing and exciting.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another new creative team for Wonder Woman in March. Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad, who are also tackling the Future State WW books, will take the helm.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-names-new-wonder-woman-creative-team/

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent of Peace is being rebranded as Sensational Wonder Woman

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-launches-new-digital-first-sensational-wonder-woman-series-that-will-also-be-made-available-in-print/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.