Wonder Woman Rebirth Discussion Thread

#1551 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: Yeah I think we got the memo, Batman’s the G.O.A.T and Superman makes all the heroes look like zeroes, no need to rub our noses in it at every goddamn opportunity, give it a rest ffs

You can bet the farm on Superman saving the day next week, that much is guaranteed, apparently it’s something that Jorge Jimenez pitched to Snyder and it’s supposed to be a huge jaw-dropping moment so brace yourself…

As for the Perpetua stuff, she’s a blatant Kaguya knock-off and that’s that

Except that Kaguya and her story was way more interesting

#1553 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how to feel about today's WW issue. Mostly it was boring jargon. Its like GWW is trying to make a point which is very trivial but took about 1 and half issues to explain it. The only good thing about today's issue is that we again get confirmation that WW holds back. Also in the last panel she blitzes and slams into a colossus. And how did maggie not break her legs. Is the sword giving her power?

Justice League Dark was brilliant and scary at the same time. Diana went through a wringer. What even is Mordru? I hope we get Diana vs mordru round 2 and she punches him into a black hole.

I like Zatanna's new design. Not digging the bald look on Diana.

Next Justice League Dark issue looks like its gonna be insane. Everybody is pumped up super saiyan. Its finally time for showdown. This book has been consistently good. Can't believe DC is putting out a book of this caliber.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#1554 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizooom said:

@masterwitcher88: Yeah I think we got the memo, Batman’s the G.O.A.T and Superman makes all the heroes look like zeroes, no need to rub our noses in it at every goddamn opportunity, give it a rest ffs

You can bet the farm on Superman saving the day next week, that much is guaranteed, apparently it’s something that Jorge Jimenez pitched to Snyder and it’s supposed to be a huge jaw-dropping moment so brace yourself…

As for the Perpetua stuff, she’s a blatant Kaguya knock-off and that’s that

Except that Kaguya and her story was way more interesting

I know nothing of Naruto, so I can't say.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#1555 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2387 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

A massively amped Zatanna and Wonder woman are going to war and break some rules lol.

#1556 Edited by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan_60 said:

I don't know how to feel about today's WW issue. Mostly it was boring jargon. Its like GWW is trying to make a point which is very trivial but took about 1 and half issues to explain it. The only good thing about today's issue is that we again get confirmation that WW holds back. Also in the last panel she blitzes and slams into a colossus. And how did maggie not break her legs. Is the sword giving her power?

Its a slow issue. Did love that ending though, I guarantee Diana is going to get tossed aside so Maggie can get a cool moment. Diana didn't stop the largest rock giant, she didn't stop Ares, she probably isn't getting the last hit on this.

Justice League Dark was brilliant and scary at the same time. Diana went through a wringer. What even is Mordru? I hope we get Diana vs mordru round 2 and she punches him into a black hole.

It was a really good issue, the team on this book delivers. I'd enjoy a fight between Diana and Mordru, I'd like a fight between her and a lot of powerful magic beings.

Part of me wishes the chaos power just reunlocked her Witch Form. Honest to god best design for a magic WW that I've seen.

Next Justice League Dark issue looks like its gonna be insane. Everybody is pumped up super saiyan. Its finally time for showdown. This book has been consistently good. Can't believe DC is putting out a book of this caliber.

Yea.

#1557 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan_60 said:

Its a slow issue. Did love that ending though, I guarantee Diana is going to get tossed aside so Maggie can get a cool moment. Diana didn't stop the largest rock giant, she didn't stop Ares, she probably isn't getting the last hit on this.

It was a really good issue, the team on this book delivers. I'd enjoy a fight between Diana and Mordru, I'd like a fight between her and a lot of powerful magic beings.

Part of me wishes the chaos power just reunlocked her Witch Form. Honest to god best design for a magic WW that I've seen.

Yea.

Yup Tossing aside Diana in her own comic book has kind of become the norm. First her brother, now this random girl.

The more I think about this series, the more I like it. Its been a long time since Wonder Woman faced some really powerful, interesting and scary villains. Mostly the villains we get in her main title are lame. I am more excited about this book than the main WW title.

Agreed. That witch form design is really cool.

#1558 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Justice League Dark but I’m not on the edge of my seat to see what she can do with someone else’s borrowed power coursing through her veins...again.

#1559 Posted by Reactor (4417 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Dark is such a blast, but I really do wish Diana would start tapping into her own untapped godly powers instead of constantly getting amped by a random deus ex machina.

Also, not digging her chaos look (Zatanna looks badass tho), but I'm still excited as hell for next month

#1561 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Justice League Dark but I’m not on the edge of my seat to see what she can do with someone else’s borrowed power coursing through her veins...again.

True, but Tynion did a good job of writing the Hecate story. Diana was still the hero there. So we'll see how this one goes.

Also, the villains he is introducing like mordru and upside down man, I don't know how any superhero can beat them using conventional means no matter how strong they are. So in this instance, I think it makes sense to be amped up on magic.

#1562 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio
#1563 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the trailer for Batman: Last Knight. Wonder Woman with a mohawk hairstyle. Please No.

Also looks like another one of those stories where the world has gone to shit, our heroes are no longer heroes and batman has to do something about it. I get a feeling that we are gonna see a lot of unheroic Wonder Woman portrayals in the coming months.

#1564 Posted by agent41 (15834 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the trailer for Batman: Last Knight. Wonder Woman with a mohawk hairstyle. Please No.

Also looks like another one of those stories where the world has gone to shit, our heroes are no longer heroes and batman has to do something about it. I get a feeling that we are gonna see a lot of unheroic Wonder Woman portrayals in the coming months.

What would be the point?

#1565 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

True, but Tynion did a good job of writing the Hecate story. Diana was still the hero there. So we'll see how this one goes.

Also, the villains he is introducing like mordru and upside down man, I don't know how any superhero can beat them using conventional means no matter how strong they are. So in this instance, I think it makes sense to be amped up on magic.

I get that the Lords of Order and the Upside Down Man are powerful beyond imagination and that the JLD are way in over their heads, however I’m really not that excited to watch Wonder Woman smack the Lords of Order with Mordru’s dick. Next she’ll wear Fate’s helmet to face Circe. Snyder/Tynion’s Wonder Woman relies too much on borrowed things

#1566 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@comicfan_60 said:

What would be the point?

No point in general. Its just how many of the upcoming events appear to have been set up. Just Batman/Superman and whatever goes with the plot.

#1567 Posted by agent41 (15834 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@comicfan_60 said:

What would be the point?

No point in general. Its just how many of the upcoming events appear to have been set up. Just Batman/Superman and whatever goes with the plot.

That's nothing new sadly.

#1568 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio
#1569 Posted by agent41 (15834 posts) - - Show Bio
#1570 Edited by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a useless issue. Its like a competition between writers who can have the lamest Wonder Woman moment in their run. Diana was just sitting there like a damsel in distress shouting run after getting beaten by a superlame villain who was defeated by a flash of lightening from some random sword. On top of that Diana was running away from the battle and that nobody character maggie decided to stay and fight. GWW has forgotten that Diana is a superhero I think.

Wonder Woman comics is now just a platform to develop and highlight new characters and sadly I don't see changes happening anytime soon

#1571 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a useless issue. Its like a competition between writers who can have the lamest Wonder Woman moment in their run. Diana was just sitting there like a damsel in distress shouting run after getting beaten by a superlame villain who was defeated by a flash of lightening from some random sword. On top of that Diana was running away from the battle and that nobody character maggie decided to stay and fight. GWW has forgotten that Diana is a superhero I think.

Wonder Woman comics is now just a platform to develop and highlight new characters and sadly I don't see changes happening anytime soon

Its like every single time an opportunity presents itself to have Diana be a badass she just isn't. A colossus should be no trouble what so ever.

Talk about easy wins, Maggie is getting handed everything on this quest, the sword does all the work.

Still better the what Robinson did.

next issue is being written by Steve Orlando or at least he's given credit so maybe we might see something worth talking about, albeit about young Diana.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#1572 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17084 posts) - - Show Bio

That issue was piss poor

#1573 Posted by agent41 (15834 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan_60 said:

Its like every single time an opportunity presents itself to have Diana be a badass she just isn't. A colossus should be no trouble what so ever.

Talk about easy wins, Maggie is getting handed everything on this quest, the sword does all the work.

Still better the what Robinson did.

next issue is being written by Steve Orlando or at least he's given credit so maybe we might see something worth talking about, albeit about young Diana.

If the standard must be so low to praise the gww run. That is not a good look. And the fact that even in robinson run, we can find more moments of Diana dealing with battles on her own in a more competent way doesn't help either.

#1574 Posted by TrueThemyscira (371 posts) - - Show Bio

WW comics really have turned to shit. My gosh, this is getting ridiculous. Awful writing.

#1576 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Say what you will about Robinson's run, at least he gave us decent action

#1577 Posted by agent41 (15834 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Say what you will about Robinson's run, at least he gave us decent action

True. That's why i said that when your run can't even match robinson's there, we are in trouble. Especially when the other aspects of your writing are not good enough to make up for the underwhelming action. gww's Diana has a lifless personality. She is doubtful. She feels like she is just going through the motion, in a story where she doesn't feel like the center character.

#1578 Edited by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I'm just waiting Wilson and Snyder out, Wonder Woman's been in the doldrums before but now she's really reached rock bottom

#1579 Posted by agent41 (15834 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I'm just waiting Wilson and Snyder out, Wonder Woman's been in the doldrums before but now she's really reached rock bottom

Me too. When are these 2 writers out of Wonder Woman?

But maybe that won't be enough. I heard that a lot of the stuff we have suffered is because of didio as well.

#1580 Posted by Archizooom (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I know Snyder will write Justice League for at least another year, as for G.Willow Wilson, I have no idea

#1581 Posted by agent41 (15834 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I know Snyder will write Justice League for at least another year, as for G.Willow Wilson, I have no idea

It doesn't matter. The damage they made is already here. The only thing left for them to do is to leave WW powerless.

#1582 Posted by TrueThemyscira (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or did things get even WORSE for WW after her movie. I mean, don’t get me wrong, a lot of shit has been brewing for awhile but now it’s really an awful mess.

#1583 Posted by agent41 (15834 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or did things get even WORSE for WW after her movie. I mean, don’t get me wrong, a lot of shit has been brewing for awhile but now it’s really an awful mess.

Editors don't care about WW being portrayed properly. So people like gww are free to write WW poorly.

#1584 Posted by TrueThemyscira (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what the breaking point for WW is. Can we go on Twitter and ask GWW what the hell is going on?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.