Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Rebirth Discussion Thread

EdgeLord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A Mary Sue of the highest caliber.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: Perhaps they are referring to the new 52. When he died and was resurrected by baby Zeus. Although not sure that Ares is still canon.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: Pretty sure Diana ran Ares through (which preceeded her becoming the goddess of war, up until the Olympians all came back to life) so that Firstborn couldn't.

Then again, if that's the case, this furthers the convoluted continuity of WW's lore

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinffinity: @reactor: Ares was retconned as having been jailed in Themyscira for millennia and frankly I doubt G. Willow Wilson even bothered to read the new 52. It could simply be the case that the solicit is inaccurate

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1106  Edited By gunchar16

A troll of the highest caliber, who should better go back to school instead of hanging around in foren he has no buisness to be.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinffinity: @reactor: Ares was retconned as having been jailed in Themyscira for millennia and frankly I doubt G. Willow Wilson even bothered to read the new 52. It could simply be the case that the solicit is inaccurate

She has gone on record saying she read Rucka's and Robinson's runs in Rebirth. I spoke to her on twitter about it too.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League was ok. Liked that Cheetah got a massive buff to her claws (I'll post a scan if needed) that's why she could harm let alone kill Poseidon. All though I'm just not a fan of the Greek Gods being in plane sight just hiding in the real world, Poseidon was handled better then Zeus was I'll say that. Also this idea of Gods dying is getting old, American Gods had the idea that the only real way for Gods to "die" die was to be forgotten. Here there is like a special graveyard. On top of that Greek Gods are 100% suppose to be immortal in every sense of the word, they don't die period. They're not called the Deathless Gods for no reason. IDK just, I'm not a fan.

Avatar image for rebuildofkojima
    RebuildofKojima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1115  Edited By gunchar16
    @agent41 said:

@gunchar16: @dimlylitlantern I don't know what is the point in coming to a forum of a character they don't like. To talk bad about her and her fans. Of course people discuss WW and the things they like about her in a WW forum. Duh. I don't know what is their problem.

They are probably just salty because their favourite character lost or in general mentally a bit slow.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

December 2018 Solicitations

Wonder Woman #60

written by G. WILLOW WILSON

art by CARY NORD and MICK GRAY

cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON

variant cover by JENNY FRISON

It’s a standoff of mythological proportions when Wonder Woman combats the resurrected God of War, Ares! While trying to stop a war, Wonder Woman appeals to Ares to intervene with her, but he thinks the two parties should fight it out and resolve it themselves. Guess dying and coming back didn’t do much to soften Ares’ M.O. Meanwhile, Steve Trevor’s been kidnapped and confronts his captor: the Goddess of Love, Aphrodite, who’s extremely pissed. Let’s see Steve schmooze his way out of this one!

No Caption Provided

(stunning cover)

Justice League Dark #6

written by JAMES TYNION IV

art by DANIEL SAMPERE and JUAN ALBARRAN

cover by NICOLA SCOTT

variant cover by CLAYTON CRAIN

The Justice League Dark…trapped in the mystic realm of Myrra! Their jailer? Blue Devil…and he wants revenge on Detective Chimp! Seems Bobo tried to magically resurrect his best friend, the original Nightmaster, but lost control of the spell and filled Myrra with zombies instead. And left Blue Devil behind to get eaten. So BD’s kinda sorta maybe got a reason to be pissed. With that in mind, will Wonder Woman and the rest of the JLD even step up to help Bobo against a raging Blue Devil? That sounds bananas to us.

No Caption Provided

Looks both quite interessting, i'm just not sure about pissed Aphrodite kidnapping Steve.

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
    DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I feel calling any character a Mary Sue is just a sign of them not understanding the character that well. WW and Superman appear to be Mary Sues at first glance, but that is quickly invalidated once more than one story is read. If they were Mary Sues, they would not be as popular as they are.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I'll post the scan when I get home.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
    deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are some Marveltards butthurt again that another of their heroes got changed or what is going on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @decaf_wizard said:
    @rebuildofkojima said:
    @edgelord666 said:

Are you even familiar with her character? None of you can even explain your position. And you have nothing to contribute to this section. Better be a mary sue than a salty person on an internet forum.

OH THE IRONY

I just gave my honest opinion on a comic character, your the one leaking salt out their anus about a comment on a fourm

I just don't feel like explaining myself to somebody who worships the ground Diana walks on

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @alsimmons77 said:

Are some Marveltards butthurt again that another of their heroes got changed or what is going on?

I don't know what they hope to gain by coming in here to quote that same comment over and over.

Considering that they don't even know what Mary Sue means would i guess they are just some butthurt airheads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1614a825ad8
    deactivated-5c1614a825ad8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth WW is mediocre at best, that and the fact that she is a low mid-tier.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kamigan: She is rather consistently seen at Superman’s level. Calling her low-mid tier just seems more uninformed over anything else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kamigan: Being able to effortlessly bench planets, move MFTL, and easily tank black holes is mid-tier? Current Superman is Post-Crisis Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern: Weird, if he is Post-Crisis Superman then why is he so BJORKING weak?

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kamigan: Characters fluctuate in power from time to time. Superman and WW are no different. Surfer, Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Flash, and Martian Manhunter all flop every so often in their series as well.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#1137  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@kamigan: Not a warning but that word isn't allowed in the forums per site rules. Please read up on the rules to avoid possible future warnings

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, simply quoting a post is a gift that just keeps on giving

Avatar image for deactivated-6264b2a061084
    deactivated-6264b2a061084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: I hope grail didn't manipulate him. I don't want Ares to be manipulated by the likes of grail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League was ok. Liked that Cheetah got a massive buff to her claws (I'll post a scan if needed) that's why she could harm let alone kill Poseidon. All though I'm just not a fan of the Greek Gods being in plane sight just hiding in the real world, Poseidon was handled better then Zeus was I'll say that. Also this idea of Gods dying is getting old, American Gods had the idea that the only real way for Gods to "die" die was to be forgotten. Here there is like a special graveyard. On top of that Greek Gods are 100% suppose to be immortal in every sense of the word, they don't die period. They're not called the Deathless Gods for no reason. IDK just, I'm not a fan.

Agreed. Not a fan of them offing Greek Gods like nobodies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was 3 on 3 for Diana today. How long has it been since it has been like this for Diana

Justice league Dark was just amazing. Hopefully the witching hour maintains this brilliance.

Wonder Woman 55 was also brilliant. Its sad to see Steve Orlando leave after such short but awesome run. I hope one day he returns to Wonder Woman for a longer run.

And surprisingly, heroes in crisis was awesome as well. Diana looks regal and her voice for however little dialogue she had sounded good.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need someone to explain what wonder woman just did in justice league dark issue 3 towards the ending panel. Did she just unlock her new power?

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need someone to explain what wonder woman just did in justice league dark issue 3 towards the ending panel. Did she just unlock her new power?

Diana is a witch marked of Hecate now and that was the first time she unlocked it.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda said:

Diana is a witch marked of Hecate now and that was the first time she unlocked it.

I believe its her new "god mode" if you will. Assuming she keeps it after the Witching Hour.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: If it wasn't for the upside down man, she wouldn't have known her new founding power. by the way upside down man name sounds lame lol

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: If it wasn't for the upside down man, she wouldn't have known her new founding power. by the way upside down man name sounds lame lol

I'm not disagreeing with any of those things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alsimmons77 said:
    @medulaoblaganda said:

I believe its her new "god mode" if you will. Assuming she keeps it after the Witching Hour.

Thats my concern right now. I hope they let her keep it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does sound lame, but in the context it makes sense as well. It was to show how little regard he and his powers have for the physical laws of the universe. They have no effect on him

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats my concern right now. I hope they let her keep it.

Wonder Woman can barely hold on to her core superpowers, let alone new ones

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.