Wonder Woman Official Origin Trailer

#1 Posted by Iara (660 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't give away too much for those afraid of spoilers and overall I think it's a great trailer.

Discuss!

#2 Posted by Mrnoital (5415 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Iara (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah my bad I only looked in the WW forum.

#4 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6207 posts) - - Show Bio

This is badass

#5 Posted by dshipp17 (3500 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a nice trailer; and, but the bracelets together to block something seems to be a new power.

#6 Posted by RayRay1127 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17:

Actually the "Aegis effect" has been around since vol 2 issue 21, Zeus explained to her that crossing her bracelets creates a force-field, much like she did in BvS. The shock wave isn't new, either, but has not been as consistently shown as the aegis shield.

#7 Edited by dshipp17 (3500 posts) - - Show Bio

@rayray1127 said:

@dshipp17:

Actually the "Aegis effect" has been around since vol 2 issue 21, Zeus explained to her that crossing her bracelets creates a force-field, much like she did in BvS. The shock wave isn't new, either, but has not been as consistently shown as the aegis shield.

It's a new power in the New-52 and Rebirth worlds, where this movie is for the Rebirth world; whereas this movie takes place during WWI, volume 2 still originated with WWII, except Hippolyta was Wonder Woman during WWII (e.g. see John Byrne's run). As we speak, in Rebirth, the origin story seems to being recreated and redefined.

#8 Posted by notmycassandra (15 posts) - - Show Bio

im pretty hyped for this

#9 Posted by saintwildcard (19465 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing the secret is her parentage

#10 Posted by Archizooom (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

Gal's delivery is a bit iffy to put it nicely, doesn't help that the dialogue is so cartoonish but in saying that, I don't agree that she's "wooden", I think her facial/body language is good. I just can't quite believe they're actually pushing the sword as the Amazon's crown jewel, the hammer to Wonder Woman's Thor

#11 Edited by saintwildcard (19465 posts) - - Show Bio

Gal's delivery is a bit iffy to put it nicely, doesn't help that the dialogue is so cartoonish but in saying that, I don't agree that she's "wooden", I think her facial/body language is good. I just can't quite believe they're actually pushing the sword as the Amazon's crown jewel, the hammer to Wonder Woman's Thor

To be fair, the Thor movies have sucked, so I doubt many people care.

#12 Posted by Archizooom (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: No I mean the Mjolnir to Wonder Woman's Thor should be the freaking Lasso of Truth hey, and Ragnarok's gonna blow our socks off, I can feel it

#13 Posted by saintwildcard (19465 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: No I mean the Mjolnir to Wonder Woman's Thor should be the freaking Lasso of Truth hey, and Ragnarok's gonna blow our socks off, I can feel it

And I'm saying, if the fear is that they are copying Thor (especially since I think she will be the daugther of Zeus), no one will care because Thor has been a boring character so far and his movies being the weakest (that's what I thought you meant with your post). Unlike with Suicide Squad, where the GOTG comparisons were obvious and people called them out on it.... that being said they are comparing this to Cap, but that's cus of the World War setting

I feel like I've seen more epic Lasso moments in the trailers than Sword fights. And if the leak is true, I wouldn't worry about the sword.

It may, but it's not a high bar to jump so far.

#14 Edited by Archizooom (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: I don't think she's the natural daughter of Zeus, I reckon she was created by Zeus as a weapon against Ares, a secret known only to Hippolyta and her Sister. So Antiope wants to prepare Diana for her destiny while her Mother is determined to protect her from it, mark my words

And Wonder Woman never unhands that sword, she might even sleep with it whereas the lasso wasn't even included in the poster

#15 Edited by saintwildcard (19465 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: I don't think she's the natural daughter of Zeus, I reckon she was created by Zeus as a weapon against Ares, a secret known only to Hippolyta and her Sister. So Antiope wants to prepare Diana for her destiny while her Mother is determined to protect her from it, mark my words

And Wonder Woman never unhands that sword, she might even sleep with it whereas the lasso wasn't even included in the poster

She better be the daughter of Zeus, I JUST MADE A BET ON IT! I LOST TWO BETS TO BVS! I CAN"T LOOSE AGAIN!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.