Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Movie Box Office

• 87 results
    jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@csg_cl said:
    @agent41 said:

@dshipp17: @crimsonlord53: @farron-croft: @csg_cl: How much things changed!.

right? The film is still going strong, and the international box office is climbing up quickly now ... she could be topping $800M ... blowing away any projection I saw

@jphulk26 said:
    @darkman61288 said:

At Best 400 to 500 mill total. Worst 100 to 200 mill. I think it will be 300 mill total worldwide.

i honestly think if they get it right, it could do 800-900 mil ww. but since i have no faith in dc/wb to do that, maybe 400 to 500 mil ww.

Excuse me? I was pissed at DC then over Man of steel hence the bitterness. But I may well end up in the right ball -park

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @agent41 said:

@dshipp17: @crimsonlord53: @farron-croft: @csg_cl: How much things changed!.

right? The film is still going strong, and the international box office is climbing up quickly now ... she could be topping $800M ... blowing away any projection I saw

@jphulk26 said:
    @darkman61288 said:

At Best 400 to 500 mill total. Worst 100 to 200 mill. I think it will be 300 mill total worldwide.

i honestly think if they get it right, it could do 800-900 mil ww. but since i have no faith in dc/wb to do that, maybe 400 to 500 mil ww.

Excuse me? I was pissed at DC then over Man of steel hence the bitterness. But I may well end up in the right ball -park

I was talking about actual industry projections, not fandom guesswork :)

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wonder Woman' now biggest Warner Bros. film in Philippines

MANILA – "Wonder Woman" is also a box-office superhero.

As of Saturday, the Gal Gadot-starrer had a local cumulative box office gross of P520.5 million ($10,283,795usd), to become the biggest Warner Bros. movie of all-time in the Philippines.

It has overtaken the record set by “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” which was released in theaters in 2016.

“`Wonder Woman' has shown tremendous staying power and repeat business at the local box-office, and we could not be prouder of the film,” said Francis Soliven, general manager of Warner Bros. Philippines.

“The story of Diana, as played by the incomparable Gal Gadot, has resonated across all demographics and continues to inspire moviegoers. We are truly grateful to the fans and critics for embracing Wonder Woman,” he added.

The film's success in the Philippines is mirrored by its exceptional performance in the US where just four weeks after it bowed, the superhero origin story has outperformed all the previous entries in the D.C. Extended Universe franchise.

The movie has made more than $660 million worldwide despite still awaiting release in over 12 countries.

Directed by Patty Jenkins, "Wonder Woman" tells the story of Diana as she discovers her powers, finds out about a raging war outside her island of Themyscira, and embarks for London to try and stop it.

It has been hailed as the best of the DC Extended Universe yet by movie critics who got to see the movie ahead of its June 1 release, with many praising Gadot's performance.

Aside from Gadot, "Wonder Woman" also stars Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Ewen Bremner, and Saïd Taghmaoui.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

Nice. Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat.

Masyadong makata LOL!

Wonder Woman tops 745 million worldwide&beats Suicide Squad

And today is the day where Wonder Woman has officially outpaced Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, so it is now all-but-certain top be the biggest domestic grosser of summer 2017.

Wonder Woman didn’t miss a beat against Spider-Man: Homecoming, earning $10.135 million (-35%) in its sixth weekend of release. That’s another very small drop, and it’s enough to put the film at $368.786m domestic on its 38thday of release. That means the film has outgrossed, inflation or 3D bumps notwithstanding, The Secret Life of Pets, The Jungle Book, American Sniper, and Deadpool in North America. That means Wonder Woman is the second-biggest comic book superhero movie ever, behind only Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, that doesn’t feature Batman, Spider-Man or Iron Man. But that may not be the case for much longer.

After insane post-debut legs and weekday grosses that essentially justify a summer release even in an era of offseason blockbusters, Wonder Woman has made up enough ground to be ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at similar points in time. Guardians 2 opened with $146.5 million on its Fri-Sun frame and had $366.4m at the end of its sixth weekend. Wonder Woman opened at $103.251m and now has $368.7m at the end of its sixth weekend. Wonder Woman made $3.16m on its 38th day while Guardians 2 made $1.6m.

That means, barring a fluke, that Wonder Woman is going to eventually pass Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’s domestic total ($385 million-and-winding down) to be the summer’s biggest North American grosser. Unless Despicable Me 3 pulls a miracle or Spider-Man: Homecoming becomes the first-or-second leggiest MCU release of all time (somewhere between Ant-Man and the first Guardians of the Galaxy), it looks like Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman will end the season as the top domestic earner.

If you count Jurassic World as a female-led movie (it is technically Bryce Dallas-Howard’s story), then this will presumably be the third summer in a row (along with Finding Dory last year) where a female-led picture topped the North American charts. If Jurassic World: The Forgotten Kingdom and Star Wars: Episode IX can follow suit, it’ll be 5/5 at least until 2020. If Wonder Woman passes Guardians 2 and neither Peter Parker nor Gru catch up, this will be the first time (at least since before Jaws essentially started the summer blockbuster season) where a female-directed movie topped the North American summer box office charts.

By the way, that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 didn’t top the domestic charts no more makes it a disappointment than was Avengers: Age of Ultron a failure because Jurassic World surprised us all and topped it back in 2015. It’s still a huge hit, earning $385m from a $146m debut (a solid 2.65x multiplier) and $858m worldwide. Since most folks and critics liked it, it’s another feather in Marvel’s cap. But I digress.

The superhero movie is already Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc.’s fourth-biggest domestic grosser (not adjusted for inflation), behind only Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II ($381 million), The Dark Knight Rises ($448m) and The Dark Knight. It now sits with $745.8m worldwide (a 49.4/50.6 split). And having passed The Matrix Reloaded ($742m in 2003) worldwide (and Suicide Squad's $745m total, natch), it is Time Warner Inc.’s second-biggest release, behind on Chris Nolan’s Inception ($821m in 2010) that doesn’t involve Batman, J.K. Rowling or J.R.R. Tolkien. Next up is passing X-Men: Days of Future Past ($747m), Maleficent ($758m) and The Amazing Spider-Man ($757m).

WONDER WOMAN HASN'T BEEN SHOWN YET IN JAPAN! SO WE EXPECT IT TO HIT 800M++

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By adamTRMM

Dam.. Wondy is a juggernaut :) Nice!

I never expected her to even pass 700 tbh. Is this what good reviews do? In this age and time, peoples are still media depended brainwashies haha

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My initial post was actually about how much it would make in its first week and I was right.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next solo is Aquaman hope that delivers and does wonders.

me too ... DC needs to start supporting characters outside of BM and SS to keep the genre going ... Marvel keeps finding new audiences with films like GotG and expanding their universe, DC would be smart to deliver the same. They seem to have finally found the right balance of tone with WW (dark, but still hopeful), so I hope Aquaman can do the same!

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: DC really needs to expand their brand, Marvel have gone as far as GOTG, Ant-Man & Dr. Strange. DC got Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman & SS pushed and that's about it. If DC step out of their comfort zone and deliver with Flash, Aquaman, Shazam & GL, that opens so many doors for them.

I agree ... that's why I"m hoping Aquaman is a good film! They've done a good job in the TV Universe with Arrow, Flash and LoT by introducing non-Trinity characters so I think they are starting to see that Cinematic Universe has great potential.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next solo is Aquaman hope that delivers and does wonders.

Well, it is directed by James Wan, one of the best director's working right now. He most well known for horror, but has proven he can handle a big budget action movie with his Fast and the Furious movie. As long as the studio doesn't jerk him around, Aquaman should be good.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @ready_4_madness said:

@csg_cl: DC really needs to expand their brand, Marvel have gone as far as GOTG, Ant-Man & Dr. Strange. DC got Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman & SS pushed and that's about it. If DC step out of their comfort zone and deliver with Flash, Aquaman, Shazam & GL, that opens so many doors for them.

I agree ... that's why I"m hoping Aquaman is a good film! They've done a good job in the TV Universe with Arrow, Flash and LoT by introducing non-Trinity characters so I think they are starting to see that Cinematic Universe has great potential.

Only problem Aquaman is the least interesting of main dC guys. shazam and flash should be priority as they are different.

shazam should be shazam family movie, and aim to be modern goonies with superheroes.

flash should be a time bending scifi epic. flash point as a sequel. both would blow up the box office. imagine if they got flash point right. it would be massive.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @ready_4_madness said:

Only problem Aquaman is the least interesting of main dC guys. shazam and flash should be priority as they are different.

shazam should be shazam family movie, and aim to be modern goonies with superheroes.

flash should be a time bending scifi epic. flash point as a sequel. both would blow up the box office. imagine if they got flash point right. it would be massive.

Meh ... they've done Flashpoint with the TV show already, why do it again? I would rather see AM than Shazam to be honest. But I do like the direction you're talking about for a potential film!

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homecoming just passed it.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jphulk26

@thordinson said:

Homecoming just passed it.

I'm intrigued by where SHC finishes. Is it going to do a billion?... I personally thought it was okay, but I just don't likethe character Spiderman. I can see why Spiderman fans like it.

Also Rotten Tomatoes cannot try and claim it doesn't have incredible influence. And clearly RT has been playing politics with the DC Universe. SS and BvS were not half as bad as people made out and the Marvel movies often aren't half as good. Those RT Scores mean hundreds of millions in box office receipts and a lot of the people writing for RT are not real film critics.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MasterSkywalker

@agent41:

And why is that relevant in the Wonder Woman forum?. You can post about it in the SP forum.

just wanted to post it. Free country and all.

By the way. I think mera ain't looking good in this image.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: If you don't like my post then just ignore it. No need to be salty. Its a free forum and a free country.

You look like you have some insecurities and issues to work out so I'll leave you to it.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't quite believe Wonder Woman racked in +800M, I predicted 400-500M, the sequel's got a lot to live up to, they'll need a bigger budget, a solid script and more action scenes

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I've definitely noticed some folks turning on Wonder Woman, yeah

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jphulk26

@agent41 said:
    @archizooom said:

@agent41: I've definitely noticed some folks turning on Wonder Woman, yeah

What an icon. Some hate her, some love her. But it seems nobody is indifferent.

If they stay away from Cheetah and just adapt a mix between The Circle and Eyes Of Medusa, With Alkyone as the main bad guy (See casting idea below) and have the balls to end the movie with WW blind

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

and just have a tad bit of a more serious tone, they can easily do a billion. Bring back the damn Gods. Have Athena, bring back a younger Ares.

If they try and focus on ww's powers, have her just fight a Warecheetah or an All powerful witch and end happy ever after and continue with the silly tone and lame villains, I fear for the franchise. They have a lot of good will. But once again, it's clear to me now RT is all powerful. People are sheep to its scores. They don't care about IMDB clearly. But I think name brand and word of mouth also helps.

My idea is have Doctor Psycho and Cheetah be in Suicide Squad as they need more powerful members anyway, and it gives WW a chance to make an appearance or cameo in that film.

WW2 has two villains that should be in it Medusa as secondary villain (see casting idea below)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

killed off half way through the film after ww blinds herself so Medusa does not turn Gateway City residents to Stone. Then WW has to go back to save her mother from Alkyone and the evil Circle who sent Medusa to weaken WW. Only problem if she goes to the Island again, since she is forbidden, she loses her immortality.

Just Imagine these scenes in WW2 Movie?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In the end her mother is turned to stone saving blind WW from certain death by Alkyone. WW loses her immortality but instead of killing Alkyone commands the Amazons to imprison her once again under dooms doorway. Dooms Doorway needs to be introduced in this movie as well. Diana is supposed to be Queen, but she leaves the Island and lets Artemis be Queen instead.

This sad ending sets up for a final ww film where she triumphs and is given her sight back, and truth restored. Also they need to screw this museum worker thing as Diana's civilian identity. Its nonsense. Lets get back to basics with WW.

No Caption Provided

Once she is known to the world, she needs to be an Ambassador of peace.

No Caption Provided

For all the good the first WW movie did they also made a mess of WW's mythology which will be hard to fix. It being set in WW1 means the second movie kills of all her supporting cast. They also killed Ares, and all the Gods. They've established her as someone who hasn't been doing anything as the horrors of the 20th century unfolded as well, This can be fixed, but they need to really go back to the source material. Also they've spoilt the whole fish out of water humor because WW would have been on Earth 100 years in the second movie. Gal is the perfect WW and it can be done.

No Caption Provided

I just hope someone directs Patty away from the post new 52 crap and back to Simone and especially Rucka's run for inspiration. Rucka's first because he gave WW an amazing supporting cast to work with as well.

One other thing I would do, just to bring Etta Candy back, get a black or Asian woman to be interviewing for Themyscira Embassy job and her name ends up being Etta Candy...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

WW meets and asks her why she has such an unusual name and she can say she was named after one of the early Suffragettes who inspired her Grandma or something a long those lines. So it means the first Etta Candy was a suffragette who fought for women's rights and the new Etta Candy was named after her. That way we can have a modern Etta Candy as well.

A little bit of thought and I think they can pull this off big time and make a Dark Knight of Wonder Woman. Lighter in tone of course, but also operatic and big.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.