Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Loose Threads

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Justice League issue two establishes that Steve Trevor was tricked into finding Themyscira by a government official who knew about the hidden Amazons when no one else did. This will no doubt play a role in a future Wonder Woman or Justice League storyline. The big question is: Who is pulling the strings?

The same issue also establishes that Wonder Woman can't return home for some reason. It could be a magic thing. Or she could have been banished. This seems like it should be pretty important, but Brian Azzarello has already ignored it. (Find out why here).

Are there any other loose threads you can find?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By moywar700

I think I know why she can't return back home.Steve Trevor crashed on the island and there was a contest to see who gets to bring him back to USA.WW won but she can never return back to paradise island.The comic was failed to show the contest.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OutlawRenegade
    Who is thins woman, and why does she have a WW pendant?

@moywar700 said:

I think I know why she can't return back home.Steve Trevor crashed on the island and there was a contest to see who gets to bring him back to USA.WW won but she can never return back to paradise island.The comic was failed to show the contest.

That would make sense, but that hasn't been part of her mythology before.

Worse, she does go back to Paradise Island in her solo series...

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By moywar700

@OutlawRenegade said:

@moywar700 said:

That would make sense, but that hasn't been part of her mythology before.

Worse, she does go back to Paradise Island in her solo series...

I was just taking guesses .I'm probably wrong.

I got that idea from 70's WW t.v show

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Press Oblivion

I'm definitely going to have to read this stuff again.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#6  Edited By RazzaTazz

I dont think the information in the scripts should be considered canon

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SUNMAN

@RazzaTazz said:

I dont think the information in the scripts should be considered canon

why not?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RazzaTazz

@SUNMAN: As someone that writes fiction from time to time, the script more or less represents a rough copy. I wouldn't want the stuff in my rough copies to be considered a part of what I write. I keep a journal of thoughts, if that stuff was considered part of the story most of it would not be sensical.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@RazzaTazz said:

@SUNMAN: As someone that writes fiction from time to time, the script more or less represents a rough copy. I wouldn't want the stuff in my rough copies to be considered a part of what I write. I keep a journal of thoughts, if that stuff was considered part of the story most of it would not be sensical.

But that's not a script. It was supplementary material that was published in the backup pages of Justice League before the Shazam back-up. It was officially published in both the single issues and trade collection with no note saying that it's not canon.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RazzaTazz

@OutlawRenegade: I am not sure, even the stuff on covers is not really considered canon.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Target_X

@OutlawRenegade said:

@RazzaTazz said:

But that's not a script. It was supplementary material that was published in the backup pages of Justice League before the Shazam back-up. It was officially published in both the single issues and trade collection with no note saying that it's not canon.

Yeah, that was definitely published, so they obviously meant it to be canon. It wasn't just private notes.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazzaTazz

I am hesitant to say it is meant to be canon, lots of publishers include rough sketches of their characters, I am pretty sure those are not meant to be canonical either.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's canon. In the absence of evidence to the contrary we have to go with what's presented.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.