Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman issue 46 *preview*

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truthfully, I was hoping Robinson would carry on with the Dark Gods garbage and leave these characters to the next creative team, hopefully a good one, to build on. Also that logo belongs to Godwatch, not Veronica-Anderson Pharmaceuticals, and they're horns, not tentacles. Cheetahs are a light yellow-tan color btw. On a positive note, I like that Maru referred to herself as a scientist, now she needs the facial prosthetic

Avatar image for deactivated-6264b2a061084
    deactivated-6264b2a061084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this came out of nowhere. I thought it was going to be an intro to all the Dark Gods stuff, but looks like we'll just get a peek of them on the last panel. Or maybe that is Cheetah reacting to the Dark God's presence.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

1. Yeah, I dont know about putting you big 'evil group' badge on the front of your building you are hiding behind. But then again, that they are evil should be plain as day the moment Cale settled on 'Empire' being in the name... like name an empire that isn't evil.

2. For a second I though it was Proxima Midnight.

3. Nice of them to remember that Dr. Poison is actually a doctor and not just some mercenary with a gun.

4. Kinda disappointed Cheetah appeared to be so easily caught and turned into Cale's personal lab rat. But fair enough she's now loose in the hallways.

5. Art has taken a bit of a dive, it just seems alot less detailed than what it used to be.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Archizooom

@outside_85: Yeah "Empire" is a bit on-the-nose, I prefer Cale-Anderson Industries.

I think I know what's happening here, the Dark Gods are coming so of course the Old Gods ran for the hills with their tails between their legs like the yellow-bellied good-for-nothings that they are, Urzkartaga is MIA and that's why Cheetah fell into a slumber

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So between Azzarello, Finch, Rucka and Robinson, have the Wonder Woman fans on here actually been satisfied with the character? Doesn't seem like it.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azzarello definitely divided up the WW fanbase.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By masterwitcher88

Azzarello definitely divided up the WW fanbase.

LOL. you got know idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-6264b2a061084
    deactivated-6264b2a061084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

So between Azzarello, Finch, Rucka and Robinson, have the Wonder Woman fans on here actually been satisfied with the character? Doesn't seem like it.

Meredith Finch writing Wonder Woman was a mistake. Robinson has lost his touch. But between Azzarello and Rucka, yeah fans are definitely divided. The problem comes from the fact that both are actually pretty good writers. If new 52 Wonder Woman was badly written, people would just have forgotten it. But its not. Hence, the problem I think.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh still boring though not surprising as rebirth is really boring now

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

The WW fanbase were always massively divided due to it not agreeing on what it actually wants from the character. Like some people want the stories to revolve more around her gods and some want them to be more about her more down to Earth adversaries and so on.

• Azzarello's run divided the base because he came along with one big story for the New 52. Changes were made, some people dont like change, some people didn't like the art and some were just angry he didn't provide a Who's Who kind of story that reintroduced everyone from Diana's world to the New 52 era.
    • Finch, didn't divide the base, because most agree it was simply badly written overall and was not helped the slightest by her destroying Donna Troy for no reason at all. She got additional flack from the people who liked the Azzarello run because asides from two things, everything that happened in the Azzarello run was rolled back.
    • Rucka, was heralded as a second coming due to both his stellar art team and his previous run, but the run itself felt more like Rucka just bringing back all of his previous contributions while going out of his way to remove the New 52 changes rather than try and mesh the old with the new.
    • Robinson, it just feels like it's a 'by the numbers' book, that has Robinson's name on it, but is in reality written by the editors more interested in wrapping up a throw away plot-line from Darkseid War that no one really cared about.

For my part I am happy enough with her character over all, since asides Finch, everyone else have been competent at writing her. But I know there are some people who are quite unhappy just because she now always carries a sword around.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Why should they be?

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue was good af! It's the best Cheetah story I can remember in a loooong time. That elevator scene was everything!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.