Wonder Woman is 5'10 now??

#1 Posted by shadowkiller78 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Her height was 6'2 a while ago in DC Database website and now she is 5'10? Shorter than Barbara Gordon, Huntress and Batwoman?

#2 Posted by jayc1324 (20888 posts) - - Show Bio

Still very tall for a woman

#3 Posted by shadowkiller78 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Yeah, but Barbara, Huntress and Batwoman is 5'11. It is kinda weird that Wonder Woman is shorter than them

#4 Posted by Rainshadow777 (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Because I thought she was 10/10.

Amarite?

#5 Posted by Klaus (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

Her height was 6'2 a while ago in DC Database website and now she is 5'10? Shorter than Barbara Gordon, Huntress and Batwoman?

No she is 6ft2. It was shown in her recent rebirth series.

#6 Posted by kiba (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara should be WAY shorter than 5'10". Her year one had her failing to meet the height and weight requirements to join the GCPD because she's so small. I wouldn't trust the "official" database of any comic company.

#7 Posted by shadowkiller78 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Diana_of_Themyscira_(Prime_Earth)

#8 Edited by Klaus (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowkiller78 said:

@klaus: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Diana_of_Themyscira_(Prime_Earth)

That is a wiki. It is edited by people who aren't official DC writers. Greg Rucka just recently showed how tall Diana is when they landed in man's world. Before being locked up a photo of her was taken and her height was shown as 6'2 and this was shown multiple times. Steve Trevor even commented about the other amazons being strong 6 foot tall women.

No Caption Provided
#9 Posted by ganon15 (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought she was 5'10"(6' with her heeled boots)

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
#10 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (1830 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She was 5'11" until Rebirth

#11 Posted by judasnixon (11969 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason I think is because gal her actress claims she's 5'10. By she's suppose to be 6'0-6'2.

Xoxo, -SaintSophie

#13 Edited by Saint_Sophie (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

No she is 6ft2. It was shown in her recent rebirth series.

EDIT: Nvm, she was said to be 6'2 in her barefeet. In the New Character guide, made in October 2016, she is still listed as 6 ft even. I guess Rucka may have wanted Diana to be 6'2 but DC was just lazy in updating. :P

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

#14 Edited by jumpstart55 (9828 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I prefer that height for Diana..Because i always thought it was weird that she was usually shown to be the same height if not taller then Batman whose supposed to be a legit 6 foot 2.
  • I get that shes supposed to be big and strong like an Amaoznian warriors princess but in some incarnations ive seen her look a little to tall and statue..Almost bordering on 6 foot 6...
  • Imo Wonder Women looks her best when shes portyed as a reasonably tall 5 foot 10-6 foot.. Muscular and strong looking but still somewhat petite with noticeably feminite qualities.
#15 Edited by katrurius17 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: Hmmm i prefer 6 foot 2(fits better as Alpha Amazonian), but well i'm over 6 foot 3 so that's maybe the reason for that :)

#16 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

• I prefer that height for Diana..Because i always thought it was weird that she was usually shown to be the same height if not taller then Batman whose supposed to be a legit 6 foot 2.
  • I get that shes supposed to be big and strong like an Amaoznian warriors princess but in some incarnations ive seen her look a little to tall and statue..Almost bordering on 6 foot 6...
  • Imo Wonder Women looks her best when shes portyed as a reasonably tall 5 foot 10-6 foot.. Muscular and strong looking but still somewhat petite with noticeably feminite qualities.

Yeah, I know 2 girls both 6'2+ and just look so lanky.. even though they're perfect weights for their height, their torsos and legs and arms are soooo long.. Looks kind of odd, then again the same could be said about a 6'7-8 male as well.

Perhaps they made her 6'2 because that's the standard height for male superheroes? Just like how 5'11 is a really popular height for female superheroes. Maybe a way of making her more imposing.

It may be only a one inch different, but the most I'd like Diana to be 6'1 at most.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.