Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman immortal

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@brucerogers: You said I left out which version it was as of it mattered. They all beat him.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Kingyang

I find the mental gymnastics hilarious.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dernman: The Thor tangeant was pointless bickering from Tedirey but the TP discussion has absolutely nothing to do with whether WW is immortal or not.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

Are you implying that taking absolute control over Superman is a "meh" feat? ok. So I guess your going to completely ignore all the other times she survived TP assaults from skyfathers and Gods close to skyfathers like Hades and Ares or other insanely powerful telepaths like Dr. Psycho?

Honest question, but do you read DC Comics? Because you seem unfamiliar with a lot of the general plot points.

• Maxwell Lord whenever he uses his telepathy has a nose bleed. The first time he demonstrated it to J'onn his nose bled and J'onn broke out of it.
    • Of course Diana has some minor above average TP resistance when Lord is basically a discount Purple Man.
    • It took him years to worm into Clark's mind and take him over. Years.
    • Feats of WW resisting TP from Hades and Ares. I'm pretty sure theres context you're graciously leaving out.
    No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#157  Edited By dernman

@agent41 said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent41 said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent41 said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent41 said:
    @dernman said:
    @kingyang said:

Why does Diana make people so upset? I dont get it.

THere are some that undercut WW because they don't like her. Every character has them just like they have those who overcut them.

Also there are many oversensitive WW fans and there are trolls who love to take advantage of that by trolling when they don't actually necessarily have negative feeling towards Wonder Woman.

I wouldn't worry about people getting upset about the character and be happy they're not apathetic.

There are a good amount of hypocrites. Saying WW fanbase is bad because some of us defend her against certain claims that just aren't accurate. And appearently that makes us butthurt. LIke if they didn't defend their own fav characters. A user named SirFizzWhizz for example, saying that to me when he has been around doing the most with WW. He even went to a thread i made about Buffy and Xena, and went out of his way to bring WW when it had nothing to do with WW. But WW fans are the ones that are salty?. Please.

There you go again always misinterpreting things and getting upset and yet claim at not being oversensitive.

It's true what i said about those people. They act like they are superior.

Agent you have a bad habit of seeing a few bad apples and throwing the whole bunch.

I'm talking abot those apples.

It's not just people but situations. You treat them all the same.

I'm talking about specifict situations. If thes people can say whatever they want because it's their opinion i can do the same. One of them even responded to somebody saying WW is better than it for example. Changing it to it is better than WW. Now that is ok for them. But if WW fans say anything, they are salty. In that thread i mentioned earlier(buffy-Xena) another 1 going off topic to bash WW. That is being salty. Or making yet another thread about WW vs, having already an opinion made up that the opponent is superior to WW. They are bias, they act as if they were superior. Why can't i say it?.

You can't say you're talking about other situations unless it has to do with the point I originally made. That's what I was talking about with the apples it's all the same thing with you.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By dernman

@agent41 said:
    @dernman said:

You can't say you're talking about other situations unless it has to do with the point I originally made. That's what I was talking about with the apples it's all the same thing with you.

I'm talking about their attitude. And it has everything to do with the conversation. And seeing people that don't even like her coming to the forum to talk out of their..... is another proof of what i said.

That still goes back to my apples comment. All the situations are the same too you. It's not always hater trashing WW and fans valiantly defending the character like you try and make it out to be. That's just not true and you bring it up every single time. Many ww fans are oversensitive and start attacking anyone that doesn't align with them. Then trying to make it out like other characters don't also face these problems.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent41 said:
    @dernman said:

I'm talking about their attitude. And it has everything to do with the conversation. And seeing people that don't even like her coming to the forum to talk out of their..... is another proof of what i said.

That still goes back to my apples comment. All the situations are the same too you. It's not always hater trashing WW and fans valiantly defending the character like yuo try and make it out to be. That's just not true.. There are many ww fans that are oversensitive and start attacking anyone that doesn't align with them. Then trying to make it out like other characters don't also face these problems.

The ones i'm talking about are haters. That's why they go around bumping years old threads to say "she sucks". Make threads to lowball her, go to her forum to lowball her. Go to threads that have nothing to do with WW to bring her into the conversation to bash her. That is the defination of a hater.

Yes but you still do it to situations that are separate to that. Further more just because there are some who do do that it doesn't negate the over all over sensitivity. You do remember my original post that you've been trying to argue and make a case against right? It seems you're trying to steer away from that to imply the conversation is something else because you know I have a point.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rofl.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By dernman

@agent41 said:

@dernman: My point stands still about those people.

Not as a rebuttal because my point never denied there were people like that.

I don't care if i'm over sensitive or not.

Well you should because if you don't you become part of the problem for many reasons and no better than those you like to point the finger at.

It doesn't change the fact that those i was talking about are haters.

You insisting to keep repeating this point shows me you still don't grasp the point I was making.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By dernman

@agent41 said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent41 said:

@dernman: My point stands still about those people.

Not as a rebuttal because my point never denied there were people like that.

I don't care if i'm over sensitive or not.

Well you should because if you don't you become part of the problem for many reasons and no better than those you like to point the finger at.

It doesn't change the fact that those i was talking about are haters.

You insisting to keep repeating this point shows me you still don't grasp the point I was making.

To be like them. I would have to go around bumping threads of characters i don't like to bash them. Make threads about them to bash them. Go off topic to talk about them, etc. I don't do that.

I didn't say you do the same things they do. I said because in your own words that you don't care about being oversensitive you were part of the problem and no better.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey:

Let's go to the Thor forums and showcase his wonderful street level feats. ^_^

I'm well aware of Thor's poor speed. But I think whats better is Diana when compared to stronger high tiers.

No Caption Provided

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

They landed the same amount of hits on each other. And since you like to know what happens when you face somebody sronger than you. This is a better example

Incorrect. You cropped out the entire fight too, leaving out crucial moments. I'll run you through it. Diana trys to blitz Clark and he casually catches her in the attempt. She nicks his cheek.

No Caption Provided

Then she attacks him, while hes preoccupied with her attemtping to destroy the device. Diana tried to blitz him and he caught her in the act. When she tried to destroy the device again, he blitzed her and slapped her aside.

He also casually catches punch throughout, and for the most part isn't looking for a conflict.

No Caption Provided

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

@thordinson:

So who won in that fight? I can do the same by showing a single panel where she kicks him. Try showing the whole fight lowballer.

And Thor is not immortal. Never is, never will. That is part of the topic.

Well it was indecisive, but Clark has one shot Diana before in Sacrifice and dominated that entire fight as well. Showing the N52 fight in Geoff John's JL run, with an earlier League isn't going to mean much unless you confuse this Pre-Flashpoint instance with N52 continuity. The entire fight has Clark not wanting to engage in conflict with her and catching her blows or trying to keep her from destroying the device in the Fortress of Solitude. She tried to blitz him, he caught it. She failed to stop him from blitzing her and got swatted aside.

No, Thor isn't immortal. And neither is Diana.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

I left what?. Says the 1 that only posted the scans that he likes.

They landed the same amount of hits. And none of them were going all out.

Well I posted the rest of her failing to do anything of relevance to Clark so you got your wish. And no, they didn't land the same amount of hits. She intended to stop him at whatever the cost with her even commenting she won't hesitate to use it.

You aren't very good at this.

No Caption Provided

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

@thordinson:

One shot? Are you kidding me?

Thor would die in a scenario where Superman thinks he's Doomsday. He would not survive the initial blitz as he doesn't have Superspeed. Wonder Woman has the speed of Hermes and when she reacted they were near the sun. Imagine what would happen to Thor. Thor would go splat from the punch from the sun to the earth.

And Wonder Woman is immortal. Amazon's lives on in the 853rd Century and never aged a day. Thor would just be skull and bones.

1. Yeah she got one shot to the sun, with the only thing waking her up being the heat of reentering the Earth's atmosphere. Clark knocked her lights out.

2. If Diana somebody with lesser durability than Thor was able to survive, then he would. Diana held no advantage in Sacrifice aside from clanging her bracelets in his eardrums, which he recovered from or throwing her tiara at his neck which he healed from.

3. DC One Million is another timeline and Diana is living marble as opposed to being made of clay and then granted life with flesh and blood. I'm curious as to the Amazons that survived into the 853rd century that were from Pre-Flashpoint days.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

She did not try her best. She did not try to kill him. But if statements are everything. She said she holds back in sacrifice. She also said Zoom hits harder than superman. So.

Yeah I agree, she didn't put any considerable effort towards defeating Clark. It shows in the scans. Zoom does hit harder than Superman both Thawne and Zolomon. And despite "holding back" she nearly died to a bloodlusted Clark.

What is a WW detractor doing in her forum by the way?.

No Caption Provided

Free forum I can go as I please. Also you recycle the same memes and pictures and got noticeably upset in another thread for stating my opinion. You can't call others mad, when you've been triggered this whole time.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

@thordinson:

So why don't you show the fight where a bloodlusted Superman lost to a holding back Wonder Woman. That is more recent. That holds more weight.

And Thor would just die clueless of what happened if he's to replace Diana in that fight.

And Wonder Woman is immortal. Amazon's lived in the 853rd Century and never aged a day. Thor would just be fertilizer.

1. Thats news to me, I'm sure you can tell me what issue that happens in, unless you think Sacrifice which takes place in 2006 is recent.

2. Lol you're funny.

3. You repeated yourself instead of providing actual evidence. I'll wait for it and give you some time.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:

@thordinson:

I can tell you're new to comics because you don't know anything.

Evidence? That just confirms it.

Ad hominem and red herrings aren't exactly helping your argument here. Lol. I asked for evidence of which notable Amazons survived into the DC One Million era and you can't seem to give it.

I accept your concession.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey:

Are you that dense? Go look for it and you'll know who survived and who lived through countless wars.

The insults only serve to hurt your "argument' if it can be called that.

I'm not giving you anything newbie.

Then I gladly as a newbie, accept your concession.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey:

So do you admit Wonder Woman is immortal?

Well no she isn't. I'm sure you can read where I said that.

Let's do this right now.

Take a chill pill and relax.

No Caption Provided

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey:

Gotcha. Bow let me quote you so you can't delete or change your answer.

Whatever floats your boat.

Now what we have here is evidence on how not to post here at the forums. You go in a thread, spew some ignorant posts without even making a semblance of a knowledge.

You're speaking for yourself I see. Works for me.

Yep. We're done. Wonder Woman isimmortal. Thor is not. Now go and read some comics and don't just google context-less scans.l

But she isn't immortal. And take your own advice on that please. Fallacies aren't a good way to debate.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is already out of control. Screw it.

No Caption Provided

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#197  Edited By Pokeysteve

@agent41:

I see it but I'm not getting involved. I've been Diana beats Clark for a long time but people will still see their fights the way they want or make excuses. Superman is Superman so he has to be better right. Most of what is being discussed on this page alone has nothing to do with the thread.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By SuperGoku17

At least the wonderwoman wanking stopped

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.