Wonder Woman faster than Superman?

  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for hadrelius
#1 Posted by Hadrelius (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

In the recent Justice League comic, there is a scene where Wonder Woman is stating to Superman that she is faster because she doesn't need to think before she reacts. This reminds me of Bruce Lee's philosophy of Jeet Kune Do where he states that "your movements should be instinct".

Based on this, do you think she could be faster?

I say yes.

Avatar image for g_bandit
#2 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it.. I mean Superman may take many hits and all but the reason is that they don't hurt and it help him feed his ego to look cool like: "Oh look at me I'm freaking indestructible. Look at my shorts outside my pants" yea, sups is suppose to be the faster. if he is fast enough to dodge Flash's punch he should be fast enough to hit back.

by the way.. what is the big deal of WW been able to block bullets? I mean Flash can dodge them, Superman can just stand there and let the bullet hit his eye. big deal.. she needs a star print G string.....yea....

walks out

Avatar image for spider_hunter
#3 Posted by Spider-Hunter (470 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't quite think she was talking about moving over distances but more like reflexes. Even the way you said it makes me think that she can infact react faster but that doesn't mean he still can't run or fly faster. One could say her nerve ending send signals faster than his but his body can release more energy for flight than she can. For example a cat may have better reaction time than a horse but that horse will out run the cat any day

Avatar image for hadrelius
#4 Posted by Hadrelius (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
Spider-Hunter said:
"I don't quite think she was talking about moving over distances but more like reflexes. Even the way you said it makes me think that she can infact react faster but that doesn't mean he still can't run or fly faster. One could say her nerve ending send signals faster than his but his body can release more energy for flight than she can. For example a cat may have better reaction time than a horse but that horse will out run the cat any day"

Yes. I'm talking about reflexes.
Avatar image for atphantom
#5 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

They are basically the same speed level, only she has training and he doesn't. But still, all she said is just speculation, we didn't exactly get any proof of that. I think if supes went all out, he would still be faster than her.

Avatar image for hadrelius
#6 Posted by Hadrelius (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"They are basically the same speed level, only she has training and he doesn't. But still, all she said is just speculation, we didn't exactly get any proof of that. I think if supes went all out, he would still be faster than her."
But based on the notion of speed vs speed without thought, I think that what she lacks, she would make up with instinct.
Avatar image for atphantom
#7 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly, but like I said, this is just speculation, even in the comic.

Avatar image for g_bandit
#8 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

If he is superman he is suppose to do all that a human being can do, but better. So if he has super speed and a variety of vision and can make hurricanes by blowing, I think his reflexes are suppose to be just as devastating.. in other word they should be super human reflexes

Avatar image for hadrelius
#9 Posted by Hadrelius (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
"If he is superman he is suppose to do all that a human being can do, but better. So if he has super speed and a variety of vision and can make hurricanes by blowing, I think his reflexes are suppose to be just as devastating.. in other word they should be super human reflexes"
I know he has super speed, never seen it stated that he has super reflexes.
Avatar image for g_bandit
#10 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

to be able to see at such speed and to react to a object in the way or to dodge a incoming projectile he must have some over develop reflexes, I mean he can go toe to toe with flash and is obvious that for flash to run at such speed he needs some sort of reflex. If he is running at the speed of sound that is how hard he is going to crash against a object If he does not keep his senses sharp is it not?

If not we will have Wally West soup soon :P

Avatar image for atphantom
#11 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"G'bandit said:
"If he is superman he is suppose to do all that a human being can do, but better. So if he has super speed and a variety of vision and can make hurricanes by blowing, I think his reflexes are suppose to be just as devastating.. in other word they should be super human reflexes"
I know he has super speed, never seen it stated that he has super reflexes."
Of course he has super human reflexes, speed without reflexes isn't good much.

They both have kick ass reflexes.
Avatar image for hawk
#12 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio

Her first reaction might be faster......but he will catch and pass her. So off the line wonder women might win........till a nanosecond later Superman passes her.

Avatar image for clint_barton
#13 Posted by Clint Barton (124 posts) - - Show Bio
  
Avatar image for king_saturn
#14 Posted by King Saturn (223172 posts) - - Show Bio
Its possible Diana does have better reflexes than Kal - El
Avatar image for hadrelius
#15 Posted by Hadrelius (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Alpha said:
"G'bandit said:
"If he is superman he is suppose to do all that a human being can do, but better. So if he has super speed and a variety of vision and can make hurricanes by blowing, I think his reflexes are suppose to be just as devastating.. in other word they should be super human reflexes"
I know he has super speed, never seen it stated that he has super reflexes."
Of course he has super human reflexes, speed without reflexes isn't good much.

They both have kick ass reflexes."

Does Spiderman have super speed or just super reflexes?
Avatar image for atphantom
#16 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

Both, one doesn't go without the other,

Avatar image for the_creator
#17 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
Does Spiderman have super speed or just super reflexes?"

It depends upon your definition of Super Speed.
If Super Speed covers things like performing other activities faster than a normal human i.e. throwing a punch, drawing a picture, hell even making a sandwich, then I don't think he has that much super speed.
Spiderman can run faster than a normal human and throw punches faster than a normal human but I have not seen him consistently perform other actions that are not simple physical actions faster than a normal human.
He has super human reflex speed and this is typically quoted at 15x of a normal human.
He percieves activities around him slower due to his heightened reflex speed but this does not seem to carry over in to his other actions - like thinking through a complex math problem or writing a letter.
Super speed seems to be a much wider apllication than just physical actions.
In this sense the Flash, who is one of the clearest examples of a being with super speed, can perform virtually any activity at super speed as all his functions are heightened.

Wonder Woman and Superman can accelerate their perceptions and thought processes (with an accompanying increase in physical speed) like the Flash does.
They are not able to operate as fast or for as long a time at this heightened level as the Flash but they can both duplicate some of his feats.
This includes uping their mental speed and physical speed in the fraction of a second. This then grants them super speed and super refelex speed.


As to who is faster between the 2, I think that I would look to some of their battles for at least some guidance.

For me, Superman is still the quicker but she is a fairly close second.

Avatar image for unbelonger
#18 Posted by Unbelonger (1801 posts) - - Show Bio
Clint Barton said:
"
  
"
This looks like a Gatchaman ripoff.


zzzzzz

Avatar image for the_ghostshell
#19 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love it if it where true. But its never been depicted that she's faster then Superman. I'm not talking about flight speed either. I'm talking about reaction/reflex time.the creator said:

"Alpha said:
Does Spiderman have super speed or just super reflexes?"

It depends upon your definition of Super Speed.
If Super Speed covers things like performing other activities faster than a normal human i.e. throwing a punch, drawing a picture, hell even making a sandwich, then I don't think he has that much super speed.
Spiderman can run faster than a normal human and throw punches faster than a normal human but I have not seen him consistently perform other actions that are not simple physical actions faster than a normal human.
He has super human reflex speed and this is typically quoted at 15x of a normal human.
He percieves activities around him slower due to his heightened reflex speed but this does not seem to carry over in to his other actions - like thinking through a complex math problem or writing a letter.
Super speed seems to be a much wider apllication than just physical actions.
In this sense the Flash, who is one of the clearest examples of a being with super speed, can perform virtually any activity at super speed as all his functions are heightened.

Wonder Woman and Superman can accelerate their perceptions and thought processes (with an accompanying increase in physical speed) like the Flash does.
They are not able to operate as fast or for as long a time at this heightened level as the Flash but they can both duplicate some of his feats.
This includes uping their mental speed and physical speed in the fraction of a second. This then grants them super speed and super refelex speed.


As to who is faster between the 2, I think that I would look to some of their battles for at least some guidance.

For me, Superman is still the quicker but she is a fairly close second.

"
nice post
Avatar image for the_creator
#20 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:

nice post
Thanks.
Avatar image for calvin
#21 Posted by Calvin (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Superman is physically faster but Diana reflexes are faster than his, as such in a fight she will react faster than him.
Also Batman says she's faster and he know better than I do, so I'll go with the expert's opinion.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#22 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's too close to tell, I choose Wonder Woman. :)

Avatar image for atphantom
#23 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if it were true, it would still be a very narrow margin. So far they have been shown to be equal enough in any speed/reflex feats...

Avatar image for erik
#24 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

Every single time they have ever fought, Wonder Woman states that he is better than her in every way as far as powers are concerned. She always has to outthink him, out fight him, and use magic. She could not beat him in a foot race.

Avatar image for ralphcamp_bellsouth_net
#25 Edited by ralphcamp@ (15 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
 what is the big deal of WW been able to block bullets? I mean Flash can dodge them, Superman can just stand there and let the bullet hit his eye. big deal.. she needs a star print G string.....yea....

 its a huge deal, i seem to recall that in the movie that super man got beat by villains cuz he had a bunch uv flashes WW  could have saved the building if she were there!!

Avatar image for morgadc1887
#26 Posted by morgadc1887 (418 posts) - - Show Bio

If his travel speed is massively greater, his combat speed should be as well, superman is much faster all around

Avatar image for agent41
#27 Posted by agent41 (16050 posts) - - Show Bio

If his travel speed is massively greater, his combat speed should be as well, superman is much faster all around

Combat and travel speed aren't the same thing. Also Wonder Woman has always has better reflexes than travel speed. And what made you bump a thread from 8 years ago?. Some people can't stand the fact of WW doing well i see.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
#28 Edited by deactivated-599632ff76068 (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

This WW wank is out of control. Hop of her nuts.

Avatar image for mrnoital
#29 Posted by Mrnoital (8344 posts) - - Show Bio

If his travel speed is massively greater, his combat speed should be as well, superman is much faster all around

by that logic Usain Bolt should have faster combat speed than Bruce Lee

Online
Avatar image for agent41
#30 Posted by agent41 (16050 posts) - - Show Bio

@necronn- said:

This WW wank is out of control. Hop of her nuts.

I don't see the wank. I do see pressed people bumping threads from almost a decade ago to lowball her. Her power to keep people pressed is great.

Avatar image for brucerogers
#31 Edited by BruceRogers (17769 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, by feats.

Avatar image for agent41
#32 Edited by agent41 (16050 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for agent41
#34 Edited by agent41 (16050 posts) - - Show Bio

@necronn- said:

@agent41: WW fanboy confirmed.

Why is someone having a different opinion mean they're insecure? You seem rather insecure, needing your fellow wankers, to make your points feel adequate, despite them being subpar.

Somebody bumping an 8 year old thread to suggest she can't keep up with Superman in a fight with literally 0 proof seems fishy to me. What are you even doing in a forum of a character you don't like?.

This person is coming to WW forum to call us fanboys and wankers. @jashro44

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
#35 Posted by deactivated-599632ff76068 (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

Somebody bumping an 8 year old thread to suggest she can't keep up with Superman in a fight with literally 0 proof seems fishy to me

Someone having a different opinion, on an old thread means they're insecure? Yeah, it has nothing to do with him, but your horrible attitude towards people who disagree with you.

What are you even doing in a forum of a character you don't like?

I like Wonder Woman. But her fanbase is cancer.

This person is coming to WW forum to call us fanboys and wankers

No, I didn't come here to call you that. But I saw you wanking, I called you a wanker, probably shouldn't of. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. But again, I pose the same question.

Why is someone having a different opinion mean they're insecure? You seem rather insecure, needing your fellow people who constantly wank., to make your points feel adequate, despite them being subpar.

Avatar image for agent41
#36 Posted by agent41 (16050 posts) - - Show Bio

@necronn- said:

@agent41:

Somebody bumping an 8 year old thread to suggest she can't keep up with Superman in a fight with literally 0 proof seems fishy to me

Someone having a different opinion, on an old thread means they're insecure? Yeah, it has nothing to do with him, but your horrible attitude towards people who disagree with you.

What are you even doing in a forum of a character you don't like?

I like Wonder Woman. But her fanbase is cancer.

This person is coming to WW forum to call us fanboys and wankers

No, I didn't come here to call you that. But I saw you wanking, I called you a wanker, probably shouldn't of. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. But again, I pose the same question.

Why is someone having a different opinion mean they're insecure? You seem rather insecure, needing your fellow people who constantly wank., to make your points feel adequate, despite them being subpar.

I didn't even said anything about WW and SM. So how did i wank anything?. I do think SM is faster than her. But she has the reflexes to keep up in a fight. WW fanbase is cancer?. Why?. We have to deal with detractors coming to her page all the time. I have only touched a few battle threads with her for the first time in MONTHS.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
#37 Posted by deactivated-599632ff76068 (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

I didn't even said anything about WW and SM. So how did i wank anything?

You constantly wank WW in all of her threads.

I do think SM is faster than her. But she has the reflexes to keep up in a fight.

No one said otherwise.

WW fanbase is cancer?. Why?. We have to deal with detractors coming to her page all the time.

You guys are usually detracting from others, Hulk, Thor, etc. etc. If you want more examples, just PM me.

I have only touched a few battle threads with her for the first time in MONTHS.

Your point? I've seen you everywhere, wanking the hell out of her.

Avatar image for agent41
#38 Posted by agent41 (16050 posts) - - Show Bio

@necronn- said:

@agent41:

I didn't even said anything about WW and SM. So how did i wank anything?

You constantly wank WW in all of her threads.

I do think SM is faster than her. But she has the reflexes to keep up in a fight.

No one said otherwise.

WW fanbase is cancer?. Why?. We have to deal with detractors coming to her page all the time.

You guys are usually detracting from others, Hulk, Thor, etc. etc. If you want more examples, just PM me.

I have only touched a few battle threads with her for the first time in MONTHS.

Your point? I've seen you everywhere, wanking the hell out of her.

Wank WW everywhere?. Saying what exactly?.

Avatar image for tedirey
#39 Posted by Tedirey (2998 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is wanked? All I see are people lowballibg her and people correcting them by saying facts.

Wank my azz jeeze

Avatar image for archizooom
#40 Edited by Archizooom (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good" - Charlotte Whitton

This is very true re Wonder Woman, no matter how much ass-kicking Wonder Woman does, she loses one and it's all people remember. You know that time Wonder Woman admitted she couldn't take Superman in an elseworlds novel called League of One 17 years ago…that's the quote that gets bandied about on youtube all the time. Then you reply saying that she's bested kryptonians on multiple occasions and they're like "nah, that's just pandering" and they chalk it up to feminism

Furthermore, ever since Wonder Woman hurt her hand punching Mongul in For a Man that Has Everything, I noticed that she can't or usually doesn't fight the likes of Doomsday bare-knuckled, they chew her up and spit her out

Avatar image for agent41
#41 Posted by agent41 (16050 posts) - - Show Bio

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good" - Charlotte Whitton

This is very true re Wonder Woman, no matter how much ass-kicking Wonder Woman does, she loses one and it's all people remember. You now that time Wonder Woman admitted she couldn't take Superman in an elseworlds novel called League of One 17 years ago…that's the quote that gets bandied about on youtube all the time. Then you reply saying that she's bested kryptonians on multiple occasions and they're like "nah, that's just pandering" and they chalk it up to feminism

Furthermore, ever since Wonder Woman hurt her hand punching Mongul in a For a Man that Has Everything, I noticed she that can't or usually doesn't fight the likes of Doomsday bare-knuckled, they chew her up and spit her out

But we are all wankers remember?. Shazam has been living a luxury life being scaled off Superman for ages, even when Superman has better feats, better battles and everything in between. Now with Wonder Wman, it doesn't matter her many feats proving herself within that ballpark, even having better feats than shazam in more than one category, oh no. Everything is a hidden feminazi agenda with her. It's funny how even after a hit movie, somethings never change. On the contrary, some people seem more active than beforre when it comes to throw negativity towards her.

Avatar image for mooty_pass
#42 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10450 posts) - - Show Bio

By feats Wonder Woman's Reflexes and Combat Speed makes her way faster than Superman in that SPECIFIC department. Also due to the fact she is a Warrior breaded to fight. Superman is not. In terms of Traveling Speed by feats Superman takes it hands down.

Avatar image for abelhsu
#43 Posted by AbelHsu (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

By feats Wonder Woman's Reflexes and Combat Speed makes her way faster than Superman in that SPECIFIC department. Also due to the fact she is a Warrior breaded to fight. Superman is not. In terms of Traveling Speed by feats Superman takes it hands down.

Avatar image for tedirey
#44 Posted by Tedirey (2998 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^

Yup. That pretty much settles that. But if I'll have my way, she SHOULD be faster than Superman in travel speed too because she has the speed of the god Hermes.

Hermes is powered by the godwave. The speed force is just a mere aspect of the godwave.

Oh well.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#45 Edited by masterwitcher88 (1434 posts) - - Show Bio

@tedirey said:

^^^

Yup. That pretty much settles that. But if I'll have my way, she SHOULD be faster than Superman in travel speed too because she has the speed of the god Hermes.

Hermes is powered by the godwave. The speed force is just a mere aspect of the godwave.

Oh well.

Agree with this.

Avatar image for lvenger
#46 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has combat speed feats of blitzing and perceiving at FTL speeds and has reacted in nanoseconds where the speed of light can only move at one foot per nanosecond. Whilst the Shattered God feat is impressive, it can be hard to quantify. Plus both have reacted and perceived Flashes but only Superman has perceived them moving at confirmed superluminal speeds. At best they're equal in combat and reaction speed although Superman has the better and more consistent feats.

Avatar image for brucerogers
#47 Edited by BruceRogers (17769 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread...

Avatar image for tedirey
#48 Posted by Tedirey (2998 posts) - - Show Bio

And? We're having a fun and mature discussion. What the hell is your problem? You should stay away from WW threads hater.

Avatar image for yassassin
#49 Posted by Yassassin (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Some writers may try to sell you on that but when you start playing big bank take little bank with actual feats, Kal's head and shoulders above Diana.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.