Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman doesn't have a Kryptonite! (Spoiler)

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cameron83: Interesting I have to say I am very excited for this book.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: Yeah,i really hate superboy

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Press Oblivion

@drgnx: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Loading Video...

LOL. I have to get caught up on my Superboy reading but if that's the case then so be it. I will always have the cover from Justice League 12 and the Kingdom Come series to reflect on :D

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#104  Edited By Nerx

Give more chink to that bat-armor

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion:

You should, not sure if you'll like the story...but they finally revealed why Harvest created Superboy, who Harvest is, where he came from, and why Harvest is doing everything he does. And, apparently, Harvest loves the real Son of Superman like he was his own child (hint: I used "love" and not "loved").

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what happens to Batman's plans if Wonder Women gets a load of Kryptonite before going rogue? Maybe that's why they added a bunch of matter manipulators...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By colonyofcells

Superman, Supergirl and Superboy teaming up maybe can beat Wonder Woman. A few Lanterns maybe can also beat Wonder Woman.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By PowerWoman

@colonyofcells: No...i think superman can match wonder woman,and maybe superman can solos

but the wonder woman should be very very very close to him

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the bracelet metal is easy to find, maybe it is possible to use the same metal to make a cage for Wonder Woman. In the Legion mythology, Inertron metal pretty much can hold anybody.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: ......eh...what?

If Wonder Women had Kryptonite, the only way the to stop her is to have FireStorm turn it into something else

Superman, Supergirl and Superboy teaming up maybe can beat Wonder Woman. A few Lanterns maybe can also beat Wonder Woman.

Batman does not have direct access to the Lanterns nor other Kryptonians, his plans involve things he has direct access to.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman is really desperate to beat Wonder Woman, Batman could always try a prayer to Zeus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who wants to take a guess at the other cases?

Cyborg - > Virus

Green Lantern -> Fear Gas or some sort of cognitive disruptor device

Aquaman -> Heat bomb, Heat-Ray, or Super-powered Blow-Dryer

Batman -> DNA of Batman that can be used to clone him, so he can take himself out

Flash -> Fast food???

@colonyofcells:

Zeus is Missing in Action :( But that would be funny! Dad comes home to put his children in order...

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Batman is turning Aunt Harriet into a super soldier and training Aunt Harriet to beat Wonder Woman. Batman is also rich enough to bribe Wonder Woman with a lifetime supply of ice cream.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah . . .I think it's time for this thread to die now. Good run everyone. Until next time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion:

If she has no Kryptonite, how the frak is JLA's Katana take her out? Won't Batman feel stupid ... or Katana!

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Press Oblivion

@drgnx: That's the question on everyone's mind. I'm sure Johns has something up his sleeve that will make that pairing work without discrediting Wonder Woman too much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion:

Maybe she has an ability like Rose Wilson (Power Negation) ...

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx:

katana defeated wonder woman?,when and how?.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe the ghosts in the sword of Katana will possess Wonder Woman.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx:

katana defeated wonder woman?,when and how?.

She didn't. The Justice League of America was formed to take down the Justice League should the need arise. Katana was drafted to target Wonder Woman. They haven't fought yet.

Maybe the ghosts in the sword of Katana will possess Wonder Woman.

Lucky Ghost.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@press_oblivion:

Maybe she has an ability like Rose Wilson (Power Negation) ...

I haven't been reading her series, I'm not really sure what powers Katana has and they haven't been developed in the JLA book at all. Who knows, could be.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion:

is katana a powerhouse or an street level?,does she has at least one credible way to affect wonder woman?.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Press Oblivion

@gokuwarrior: To be honest, I don't know.

But I would guess that she's street level. Katana used to run with the Birds of Prey, and her husband's soul is imprisoned in the sword that she uses in battle. I think she has abilities in speed reflexes and marksmanship that are higher than normal humans but does not poses any power level even remotely close to Wonder Woman's.

This is why most people are wondering how she fits the mold as the counter to Wonder Woman when the power discrepancy appears to be so one sided.

Martian Manhunter is the counter to Superman, that makes some sense, this doesn't so I'm interested to see how it plays out. We should see some results from the Trinity War for definition.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion:

if they let an street level character beat wonder woman i will think without a doubt that they hate her and make these things on purpose,because seroiusly,it's that hard to put her against another powerhouse?.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think god mode is her weakness like if she use it for to long she will burn out

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Press Oblivion

@press_oblivion:

if they let an street level character beat wonder woman i will think without a doubt that they hate her and make these things on purpose,because seroiusly,it's that hard to put her against another powerhouse?.

I would agree with you.

i think god mode is her weakness like if she use it for to long she will burn out

That's an interesting concept. Applying consequences to actions like this would be interesting.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion: About the earth weightlifting thing. I have no real opinion on it but I've decided to arm you with something; I think it'll help in your arguments. If Diana is the daughter of Zeus, that makes her a direct descendant of Gaea. Someone/thing so powerful, she's not even called a god. Scholars call her a PRIMORDIAL DEITY and PERSONIFICATION (means she's that powerful). WW's great great grandma is the EARTH (URF MOMMA!). But this is mythological biology versus science fiction biology (SM's physiology). Don't use this information against a die hard fanboy; it'll be pointless (Psst.... Only quote me on this if you're winning!)

I don't think in God mode Superman can defeat her, too much power and fight skills. But he and shazam are the best chance to do it.

.....o.o...... That's actually an excellent point. Give him a few years (or decades to be safe) and he could be pretty scary. I mean he does wield her daddy's thunder after all (Hehe, he stole her thunder.....<__<... Sorry couldn't help myself)

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion:

just think about it,if they wanted to make wonder woman more successful again,then letting a half god be beaten by a street level character isn't the way to make her gain more people respect,and it doesn't talk well about her,so why would they do that?.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

based on your definition wonderwomans entire existence is a giant contradiction. if gods are all that you defined them to be and wonderwoman beat one without effort after removing her bracelets........that mkes sense to you????........now im done

My apologies, I thought we we're having a discussion and I was simply putting forth my thoughts. I'm sorry my opinions have offended you.

Yeah, it makes sense to me because this should be a credit to Wonder Woman's power. It's all conjecture, speculation, hypothesis, on my part but it's something that I think is equally impressive as lifting the weight of the earth for a week.

Can I ask, what makes my points (perspective) about Gods a contradiction to Wonder Woman's existence. Wonder Woman happens to be a Demigod if that helps you any.

I'm not sure why you're upset. Why are you done here? I don't get it.

She's flawed, during the Darkseid chaos she could have just ended it in an instant....she could have immediately beat Kara instead of wasting time with her, and then went on to one punch Hel and end his planetary threat...clearly there is more to her power than just being able to access it, and clearly god's aren't all their cracked up to be.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Good points

@press_oblivion: About the earth weightlifting thing. I have no real opinion on it but I've decided to arm you with something; I think it'll help in your arguments. If Diana is the daughter of Zeus, that makes her a direct descendant of Gaea. Someone/thing so powerful, she's not even called a god. Scholars call her a PRIMORDIAL DEITY and PERSONIFICATION (means she's that powerful). WW's great great grandma is the EARTH (URF MOMMA!). But this is mythological biology versus science fiction biology (SM's physiology). Don't use this information against a die hard fanboy; it'll be pointless (Psst.... Only quote me on this if you're winning!)

Oh nice! I buy that! :)

@press_oblivion:

just think about it,if they wanted to make wonder woman more successful again,then letting a half god be beaten by a street level character isn't the way to make her gain more people respect,and it doesn't talk well about her,so why would they do that?.

Yeah, I agree. We'll have to wait and see what happens. :)

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By gokuwarrior
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: @akindoodle: Zeus is skyfather level in DC,he should be have galaxies buster power level,(marvel level)so,wonder woman would be very powerful ,i dont think a earth weight is a trouble for GODs

Darkseid 100% more powerful/stronger than superman,i remember wonder woman toe with toe fight him

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion:

i hope nothing wrong happens.

Given DC's track record with Wonder Woman, it's hard to maintain hope, we'll just have to wait and see. :/

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: @akindoodle: Zeus is skyfather level in DC,he should be have galaxies buster power level,(marvel level)so,wonder woman would be very powerful ,i dont think a earth weight is a trouble for GODs

Darkseid 100% more powerful/stronger than superman,i remember wonder woman toe with toe fight him

that was my entire point....she should have handle EVERY situation thrown at her is she is so high above superman, but that wasn't the case, they always came out barely. And she would have also been the one to go toe to toe with hel because like I said apparently being a god means you reign supreme power wise, but yet again in comic book universe it doesn't mean shit all. God's always lose

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@powerwoman said:

that was my entire point....she should have handle EVERY situation thrown at her is she is so high above superman, but that wasn't the case, they always came out barely. And she would have also been the one to go toe to toe with hel because like I said apparently being a god means you reign supreme power wise, but yet again in comic book universe it doesn't mean shit all. God's always lose

yep....look like batmane says wonder woman and superman is most powerful being in the earth,and batman belive only superman can stop wonder woman

you know what mean...i dont think a earth weight is trouble for her

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@powerwoman said:

yep....look like batmane says wonder woman and superman is most powerful being in the earth,and batman belive only superman can stop wonder woman

you know what mean...i dont think a earth weight is trouble for her

yeah but comics say a lot of thing...this was before he factored in Atom who is basically a god, Captain Marvel, Orion and a bunch of other newly powered people. Just because someone says something in one issue doesn't mean that's how it will be forever.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#139 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Batman must have had to order six boxes to get the discount

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: yes,but wonder woman always close to superman,i dont think superman 10X time stronger than her,even superman 10x time stronger than her

here,a fans tell me superman can lift solar system:

Superman benched the earth for 5 days= 14 septillion pounds. in five days non stop i estimate 250,000 reps.

then plug into formula

Initial weight times 0.03 = X

X times reps = Y

Y + initial weight= Max

x .03

----------------------------------------------

x 250,000

------------------------------------------------------

+ 14,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

------------------------------------------------------

that is supermans max bench: 1 dectillion(spelling), 50 nonillion, 14 octillion

Superman can bench the solar system

so,even superman can 10x stronger than wonder woman,i dont know a panets weight is a trouble for her

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: @press_oblivion: @w0nd:

let us assume it,superman bench the solar system

he 10x stronger than wonder woman

wonder woman can lift 1,050,014,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00tons

he 100x stronger than wonder woman

wonder woman can lift 1,050,014,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0tons

he1000x stronger than wonder woman

wonder woman can lift 1,050,014,000,000,000,000,000,000,000tons

he 10000x stronger than wonder woman

wonder woman can lift 1,050,014,000,000,000,000,000,000,0tons

earth weight:650,000,000,000,000,000,000tons

so,even superman 10000x stronger than wonder woman,wonder woman can one finger lift earth weight,too easily

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I honestly don't know why you replied to me with math...i had said nothing about if she could lift the earth or not lol......

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: yeah,but she should be one finger do it.if superman can bench the solar system,even superman 10000x stronger than wonder woman,she still can lift earth weight with easily

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By w0nd

@powerwoman: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT LOL...why are you telling me this stuff? i dont understand why!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: my enligh is bad,my point is wonder woman should be powerful,just needs waiting time let dc prove wonder woman strength feats

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By w0nd

@powerwoman: But I didnt think she was weak. She fights gods apparently.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: 100% agree,just some superman fanboys(sorry,but this is true) says she was weak,i dont know why

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe Katana's magic sword can cut up Wonder Woman altho Wonder Woman also has magic swords.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Well this is either more of Johns' bullshit and he is making Batman look like an idiot or he is just having something special for her that he doesn't want to show to SUperman.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys.

STRENGTH has almost no meaning in a fight between Wonder Woman and superman. How much Wonder Woman and superman can lift is meaningless. Both Characters are capable of inflicting serious damage to each other (that has been proven over and over again in comics) regardless of who is stronger. It does not matter how many planets Superman or Wonder Woman can lift. When they hit each other it hurts! period

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.