#4 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that's not much of a feat tbh.

#5 Posted by somayareece (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

Here comes the anti-DCEU bandwagon

#6 Posted by TVC-15 (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

First response are always positive.

#7 Posted by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

Here comes the anti-DCEU bandwagon

As i said before. For a character with no value or popularity accordng to some people. She knows how to keep certain people pressed. Just look around. Her detractors keep checking her as much as her own fans. You know that old saying. "If the dogs howl, i must be doing something right".

#8 Posted by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

@tvc-15 said:

First response are always positive.

No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by TVC-15 (3043 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for life_without_progress
#10 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@somayareece: I'm not being a DCEU hater, in fact, I've been wanting for the DCEU to release a good movie since Man Of Steel came out, which left me with mixed feelings about how it treated my 2nd favorite DC hero. However, What I am being right now is being cynical, since I had watch Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad which left me disappointed with how flat most of the characters tend to be in both movies.

And what ? Is a person not allowed to state facts?

#11 Posted by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Mrnoital (5787 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that's not much of a feat tbh.

except they were comparing it to the Nolan trilogy

#13 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: They dare to desecrate holy ground?

#14 Posted by Mrnoital (5787 posts) - - Show Bio

@life_without_progress: apparently, according to some random website, a couple random critics are talking smack

#15 Posted by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (13465 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by mimisalome (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe these critics are just afraid of being labeled as "Poisonous, Basement Dwelling, Sexist, Misogynists, Trolls".

#19 Posted by righteous300 (3402 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe these critics are just afraid of being labeled as "Poisonous, Basement Dwelling, Sexist, Misogynists, Trolls".

Well, we know that there are people like that, but usually they aren't afraid of showing it. There is also the possibility that they did like the film. But you do you.

#21 Edited by mimisalome (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome: A lot were women so I doubt it.

That makes these "reviews" even more dubious if you ask me.

I guess they can get over the anti-feminist notion that Warrior Amazonians shave their armpits.

#22 Posted by mimisalome (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:

Well, we know that there are people like that, but usually they aren't afraid of showing it. There is also the possibility that they did like the film. But you do you.

I could like the movie (i havent seen it yet) so who knows.

I just mistrust western-based film criticism... they are often have political agendas to put forward.

#23 Edited by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:

I just mistrust western-based film criticism... they are often have political agendas to put forward.

Shall we talk about the negative side and agendas of the other part of the world?. If you feel disappointed. feel disappointed in humaity, because human nature is everywhere. Not just the western world.

#24 Posted by mimisalome (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:

Shall we talk about the negative side and agendas of the other part of the world?. If you feel disappointed. feel disappointed in humaity, because human nature is everywhere. Not just the western world.

Westerners are the loudest though...

Not to mention that Wonder Woman for the most part is a Western thing...(so i dont think Kim Jong Un opinion would matter on this one)

i want to focus on things that are relevant.

#25 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Meh, not that impressed. Now why don't you go into the kitchen, make me a sandwich and grab me a beer, dear ?

:P

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#26 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get people the MCU is straight TRASH but so is the DCEU sooo

#27 Posted by LDM (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

Now they just need to keep this up

#28 Posted by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:

Not to mention that Wonder Woman for the most part is a Western thing...(so i dont think Kim Jong Un opinion would matter on this one)

.........................................................................................................................................

And Wonder Woman does have a presence outside the western world.

#30 Posted by mimisalome (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:

.........................................................................................................................................

Most people are busy looking for food outside the West to care about WW (or her shaved armpits) actually.

#31 Edited by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:

Most people are busy looking for food outside the West to care about WW (or her shaved armpits) actually.

So yu are too busy looking for food. But still have enough time to check WW threads, make many rants about WW and praise the plot armor king batman to the heavens.

No Caption Provided

#32 Posted by mimisalome (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:
@agent41 said:
@mimisalome said:

So yu are too busy looking for food. But still have enough time to check WW threads, make many rants about WW and praise the plot armor king batman to the heavens.

No Caption Provided

Im not part of this "most people"... im an outliers... food looks for me.

#33 Posted by cruelestashley (4202 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Meh, not that impressed. Now why don't you go into the kitchen, make me a sandwich and grab me a beer, dear ?

:P

Implying these sorts of jokes are ever cute or funny.

#34 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@cruelestashley: I'll admit it is a shitty sexist joke but then I'm losing less than the people who get ticked off by the thing and lose of their time typing down their disgusted reactions towards the dumb jokes of random strangers in the Internet.

However, knowing you and your admirable determination to not drop a debate, I'll be the one to admit that it will mostly like be both in our best interest if we just bury the hatchet for now to avoid wasting each other's time.

#35 Posted by somayareece (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

These people and their conspiracies. This is almost as bad as the people going around claiming Avril Lavigne is dead.

#36 Edited by somayareece (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds a lot like the guy that got VOTED in to office

#37 Edited by mimisalome (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome said:

Sounds a lot like the guy that got VOTED in to office

Well im not an american... but personally i wouldnt call a person misogynists just because they didnt vote a woman in office.

#38 Posted by somayareece (5464 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#39 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45759 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when they said Batman Vs Superman got a standing ovation in early reactions?

#40 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

@somayareece:

"Sounds a lot like the guy that got VOTED in to office"

Actually, that guy lost the popular vote by almost 3 million votes.

So you mean placed into office.

And judging by the daily implosions that are occurring---what a "wise" placement that was over the woman who factually got more votes, and who the placed "winner" himself before election day said that the method used to place him was bad.

#41 Posted by AsheTDust (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I remain optimistic, but have been stung in the past. I'll decide a week after its release on whether to see it or skip it.

#42 Posted by kgb725 (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Ghostbusters was a pretty recent example of critics not wanting to be viewed negatively even though the movie sucked

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#43 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (7128 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45759 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: And neither are these. They are mostly bloggers and influencers.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#45 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (7128 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Kingyang (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome: Even if the man elected is an obvious misogynists.

#48 Posted by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@agent41: Ghostbusters was a pretty recent example of critics not wanting to be viewed negatively even though the movie sucked

Then wait till you see the movie before expecting the worse. Wonder Woman fans have the right to feel happy about the movie.

#49 Posted by Necronn- (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghostbusters anyone?

#50 Edited by agent41 (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

@necronn- said:

Ghostbusters anyone?

The entiere movie scene doesn't start and end with that movie. Some of you sound truly paranoid about films with female leads.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.