Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Bloodlines Animated movie announced

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Yes, typically WBHE releases three DC Universe Movies each year, but 2019 is special and we’re getting a fourth. For the first time since her fan-favorite 2009 animated movie,Wonder Woman will take center stage in an original animated movie called Wonder Woman: Bloodlines. Not much is known about this mysterious—but very exciting—bonus movie, but expect to learn more next year. Source

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Hmm, Bloodlines... so I am going to take a random stab at that it's going to be something about Diana's family... And hopefully not about her fighting vampires...

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, Bloodlines... so I am going to take a random stab at that it's going to be something about Diana's family... And hopefully not about her fighting vampires...

I hope it is about someone else family or about Donna or Nubia and not about Jason or Zeus.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't made a "The Hiketeia" adaptation yet.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be gobsmacked if they didn’t adapt the Chiang/Azzarello run, seems like a no-brainer to me. As for Jason, I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole, perish the thought

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be gobsmacked if they didn’t adapt the Chiang/Azzarello run, seems like a no-brainer to me. As for Jason, I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole, perish the thought

They have not mentioned any comics and have called it original movie . All the other movies have the respective comics adaptation mentioned . I hope it's not the new 52.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Her vs First Born! Bet on it!

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldofvengerberg: The movie’s called “Bloodlines” and, like it or not, the Zeus origin is here to stay so, I’m not sure what you’re hoping for, but the odds are not in your favour. Whatever they have in store will make you wish they’d done the Chiang/Azzarello story

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldofvengerberg: The movie’s called “Bloodlines” and, like it or not, the Zeus origin is here to stay so, I’m not sure what you’re hoping for, but the odds are not in your favour. Whatever they have in store will make you wish they’d done the Chiang/Azzarello story

It is the worst and long term damaging interpretation of Wonder Woman. I will wish WW did not get a movie than support Azzarello story . Why would they adapt it when comics was made non canon. It is not even WW story just Greek mythology Drama that destroys 75 years of progressive WW comics .

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jphulk26

about bloody time. I hope its not New 52 bollacks though… and everyone here better buy it, no matter what version, show support, so we can demand in future they animate stuff like Heiketa and Eyes of Gorgon

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Archizooom

@geraldofvengerberg: Wonder Woman hasn't been “progressive” since Marston passed away in 1947, or for at least 30 years. And to be honest with you, seeing how feminism, liberalism and so on is running western culture into the ground, I’m actually starting to question whether Marston really was a man ahead of his time

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ayyy dc animated movies are the goat.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't made a "The Hiketeia" adaptation yet.

Probably because it involves Batman getting his ass handed to him on a silver plater. Regardless of how well the story is written, DC can never portray their lord and savior Batman poorly god forbid having Diana's foot on top of his head.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her vs First Born! Bet on it!

Actually that would be a good idea since a lot of the people who hated that run, month in and month out, running around, shaking it all about, were complaining the most about how drawn out it was and how many 'unnecessary' scenes it contained.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldofvengerberg: Wonder Woman hasn't been “progressive” since Marston passed away in 1947, or for at least 30 years. And to be honest with you, seeing how feminism, liberalism and so on is running western culture into the ground, I’m actually starting to question whether Marston really was a man ahead of his time

I don't know what your problem is or what you definition of Western culture ,feminism , liberalism is. All I want is Amazon not to be portrayed as murders ,rapist and child sellers and instead Woman with Brains ,compassion ,love and Justice . Also I want Wonder Woman iconic origin back . She can be God even if she is made from Clay .

Japanese don't know the spelling of feminism. Woman in Japan got rights because western countries wrote their constitution . Yet Japan make ton of great female characters in their media

Magica Madoka

Ghost in the shell

Girls und Panzer

All studio Ghibli movies

Attack on Titan

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid etc

As long as WW do not portray Woman as irrationally stupid and violent like Brian did with Amazons ,it is progressive

Instead of making original stories and villains , Brian lazily ripped of Greek Mythology , made Diana Hercules rip off, made sure to completely destroy female Goddesses and Amazons, gave us a generic villain. The only good thing about the comics was the Art.

DC will be morons of highest order if they make movie about contraversial comic that divided WW readers .

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: @geraldofvengerberg: I’d rather the Amazons didn’t trade their babies for swords and arrows, however, if they go with that version of the Amazons, as opposed to Perez, wouldn't be the end of the world for me personally. The only version of Paradise Island that I care about is Marston’s / Morrison’s which I don't think is even up for consideration. When all's said and done, the pros outweigh the cons with Chiang/Azzarello’s run imo, you take the bad with the good

Avatar image for deactivated-6264b2a061084
    deactivated-6264b2a061084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About time. I'm hoping they switch the costume in the animated verse to the one we have in comics now.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: @geraldofvengerberg: I’d rather the Amazons didn’t trade their babies for swords and arrows, however, if they go with that version of the Amazons, as opposed to Perez, wouldn't be the end of the world for me personally. The only version of Paradise Island that I care about is Marston’s / Morrison’s which I don't think is even up for consideration. When all's said and done, the pros outweigh the cons with Chiang/Azzarello’s run imo, you take the bad with the good

Marston Amazon's are the best and I would like them back But how does Pros outweigh con with Chiang/Azzarello’s run.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

George Perez's run heavily discussed feminism, misogyny and xenophobia.

William Messner-Loebs' run had her liberating alien women from their patriarchal oppressors and numerous other stories about Diana helping women in a jam.

Greg Rucka discussed the treatment of sex workers.

Phil Jimenez discussed all manner of progressive topics like sexual orientation and racism.

As for the last part, last I checked Trump was neither a feminist nor a liberal.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z: Are you referring to the Rebirth prelude where Wonder Woman kicked the door down and proceeded to wallop a bunch of sex-traffickers in the face…some discussion of sex-slavery that was. We'll see whether G. Willow Wilson “discusses” women’s issues in Islam

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Agent_Z

@archizooom said:

@agent_z: Are you referring to the Rebirth prelude where Wonder Woman kicked the door down and proceeded to wallop a bunch of sex-traffickers in the face…some discussion of sex-slavery that was. We'll see whether G. Willow Wilson “discusses” women’s issues in Islam

I was talking about The Hiketeia, which Rucka wrote before his first run with the character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked her last animated movie, so i'll give it a watch if it looks ok.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TrueThemyscira
    jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk what to feel about the cover tbh. It looks cheap and way too similar to the 2009 animated movie. Did they even try?

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/08/teaser-artwork-for-animated-reign-of-the-supermen-batman-hush-justice-league-vs-the-fatal-five-and-wonder-woman-bloodlines-movies/

I like it. IU´m trying to optimistic that this project will be good. Honestly, alot of complaining for complaining sake has been going on in WW forum for a while now. My primary hope is this is not a New 52 story but I think DC have been getting the message that people think New 52 was garbage.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a teaser artwork, so it's not finished yet. Whenever or not it will be a New52 story... eh, I think we are going to be stuck with that animated outfit they decided to make for her, for some reason.

Storywise, I could imagine them trying to take a swipe at a cut down version of the Azzarello run since 'bloodlines' was after all what that run was about. I don't think it will be any good though, because the current DCAU can be good when it does something mostly original, but is at best 'meh' when it comes to adaptations of comic stories... and if it's based on a Johns' story it's almost certainly going to be crap.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
    @truethemyscira said:

Idk what to feel about the cover tbh. It looks cheap and way too similar to the 2009 animated movie. Did they even try?

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/08/teaser-artwork-for-animated-reign-of-the-supermen-batman-hush-justice-league-vs-the-fatal-five-and-wonder-woman-bloodlines-movies/

I like it. IU´m trying to optimistic that this project will be good. Honestly, alot of complaining for complaining sake has been going on in WW forum for a while now. My primary hope is this is not a New 52 story but I think DC have been getting the message that people think New 52 was garbage.

Not really. I think many of the complaints have been for good reasons. And complaining will never end, especially when you're on a WW forum.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a teaser artwork, so it's not finished yet. Whenever or not it will be a New52 story... eh, I think we are going to be stuck with that animated outfit they decided to make for her, for some reason.

Storywise, I could imagine them trying to take a swipe at a cut down version of the Azzarello run since 'bloodlines' was after all what that run was about. I don't think it will be any good though, because the current DCAU can be good when it does something mostly original, but is at best 'meh' when it comes to adaptations of comic stories... and if it's based on a Johns' story it's almost certainly going to be crap.

Rumor has it that its a continuation of her last movie. I don't believe it though.

That man gave us Wonder Woman as a blood thirsty warrior that advocated executing her villains(Throne of Atlantis) and only cared about fighting(JL: War/first Nu52 JL story). He finally got Diana's voice half right in the Amazo Virus and Darksied War, but that was ruined with him maintaining daddy Zeus origin and his intro to Jason, Grail, and Robinson. He also made promises that Darksied War was going to be a Wonder Woman centric story, she just narrated.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrueThemyscira

@masterwitcher88: Right...because we definitely waited nearly 10 years for a continuation of the first movie.

Johns tried to make Darkseid War a WW centric story but he didn't know how. It was more of a POV than anything else.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosario Dawson will return as WW. Also, Silver Swan may be the villain instead new 52 bastard child of Zeus thing according to Revenge of the fans.com

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldofvengerberg: Personally I was hoping for something more in the realm of Greek mythology. Even outside of that I feel Diana has much better villains. She is among my least fav WW villains. There are a lot of Wonder Woman villains I'm not a fan of that are largely supported here so I'm not going to get into why I don't like her. I don't want to get into a heated debate of any kind. Admittedly, it could be worse but I don't want to keep shrugging my shoulders at everything WW telling myself it could be worse or just being optimistic for the sake of it.

That's just my personal opinion.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Swan is pretty far down on my favourite Wonder Woman villains list. Thankfully, working titles rarely mean anything

I was hoping for a change of course though since this Wonder Woman hasn't worked for me at all

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.