Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

WONDER WOMAN 7 Preview

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Well, Wonder Woman 7 is out, and Cheetah has confirmed my suspicion that Steve is being setup as the vessel of Urzkartaga. The rescue mission continues.

No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Archizooom

I'm not as crazy about Sharp's art as everyone else, he's the diametrical opposite of Cliff Chiang. Sharp draws a lot of detail, Chiang paid attention to detail. Cliff Chiang would've given Cheetah perky little tits 'cause he gets it

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: I agree with you ... Sharpe is good, but not great ... All that detail is beautiful in some panels, but I dint love his Diana's features.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By casper4690

@csg_cl: @archizooom: agree with both you. I highly enjoy how Sharp draws backgrounds , settings and the shading is cool . But his characters look disproportional , especially Diana . Sometimes I feel Diana's head is to big for her body. Now that I look back , and judging by #5, I'm not too keen on how Rukas writes Diana .

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Well I love it, she's sweet yet authoritative like I like her. See how Cheetah says "yourrr prrrincess" like he's a soldier in Diana's army, that's reminiscent of Azzarello's idea.

Liam Sharp's art is nice too, you guys are right that it's the opposite of Chiang's. There's lush detail instead of splashy outlines. He coveys moods with posture and has broadened his range of facial expressions. You can see Christopher saying "you gonna let this murderous cat lady talk to me like that?" and Diana responding "What am I gonna do? We're allies now, as long as she doesn't really try to eat you we're good".

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: I think he's doing a great job with the facial expressions for Cheetah and Steve and his team, but something about Diana's features seems off to me. Maybe it's the proportions as @Casper4690 mentioned above ... And her hair wrong too, I don't dislike it per se, but it stands out to me as the least appealing part of his otherwise beautiful artwork.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@csg_cl said:

@scorpio_cassadine: I think he's doing a great job with the facial expressions for Cheetah and Steve and his team, but something about Diana's features seems off to me. Maybe it's the proportions as @Casper4690 mentioned above ... And her hair wrong too, I don't dislike it per se, but it stands out to me as the least appealing part of his otherwise beautiful artwork.

Its her proportions her body is relatively slim but her head looks larger i think he should bulk her up a bit more and she'd look fine

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Archizooom

@casper4690: @csg_cl: He should concentrate on getting the overall shapes right and cleaning up his lines imo, rather than drawing the texture of the skirt, the engravings on the bracelet...it's penny wise pound foolish

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art is a little off but the book has been enjoyable so far.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Not interested in continuing to pay $21 total for an arc in which Rucka just complains about continuity, but if something happens with the Cheetah subplot I might pick it back up. It's just not doing it for me at all.

Loving the Year One arc so far though.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casper4690: @csg_cl: He should concentrate on getting the overall shapes right and cleaning up his lines imo, rather than drawing the texture of the skirt, the engravings on the bracelet...it's penny wise pound foolish

yeah, as I go back and look at his Diana, her head often looks too square/blocky and, as @willienotwilliam pointed out, is too big for her body. I feel like I'm nit-picking a bit, but she IS the central character here so I think it's legit to be a little critical if she's not looking right.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: He draws a pretty darn amazing Steve though :)

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: He draws a pretty darn amazing Steve though :)

totally ... other than Diana herself I think the art is beautiful!

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@agent41 said:
    @funrush said:

Not interested in continuing to pay $21 total for an arc in which Rucka just complains about continuity, but if something happens with the Cheetah subplot I might pick it back up. It's just not doing it for me at all.

Loving the Year One arc so far though.

Complains about continuity?. I think previous writers did a lot of that since they had the need to make so many changes. Ruka trying to go back to basics doesn't feel like a complain. He is just trying to bring back certain classic aspects of Wonder Woman before the New 52 changed them.

Which is fine but I hate spending so much time on characters (including Wally) being like "Oh no something's missing!" every issue. It's getting in the way of telling interesting stories.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.