Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 5 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dshipp17

This was an information packed issue. Wonder Woman has been back to Paradise Island many times, but something in her mind is preventing her return. In this issue, Wonder Woman is having scattered memories of her pre-crisis self, where Simone's and Perez's runs are showcased.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And now, the main event, the return of the one, the only, Dr. Psycho, working behind the scenes, with Sasha as his assistant. Dr. Psycho is now going to accelerate his plans, whatever he's up to (but, since it's behind the scenes and Sasha only referred to someone as Doctor, I cannot definitively say, but, looks like the return of Edgar).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And, it looks like Urzkartaga is going to posses Steve and get to Wonder Woman, where Urzkartaga likes women, but, Wonder Woman may have shown up in the nick of time to stop him.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By alsummers

Uhh...there's nothing to suggest that's Dr. Psycho. In fact, I think @scorpio_cassadine absolutely called it and Sasha is working for Dr. Cyber. The illustration of that orb looks too much like the background of this cover for issue #9, complete with spiral tentacle design.

No Caption Provided

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also leave it to Steve Trevor to insinuate that real men love cuddles.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dshipp17

@alsummers said:

Uhh...there's nothing to suggest that's Dr. Psycho. In fact, I think @scorpio_cassadine absolutely called it and Sasha is working for Dr. Cyber. The illustration of that orb looks too much like the background of this cover for issue #9, complete with spiral tentacle design.

No Caption Provided

Well, that's not a valid rebuttal, since the issue says nothing about the introduction of Dr. Cyber; Sasha is under mind control; Dr. Cyber would suggest some technical control, where there's no technical link to Sasha's mind control. And Dr. Psycho can operate technology; actually, this kind of looks like the technology around Dr. Psycho when he was introduced in the issues of Superboy; and, plus, Dr. Cyber is some obscure villain that was left in pre-crisis times; when it was promised that Dr. Psycho would be coming, why would that be skipped just to bring some long forgotten character back into the mix?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I really hope since they reference the circle they are bringing Alkyone back. I think Dr. Cyber could work and be brought back. But for me the villains I want to see re-emerge are 1. Dr. Psycho 2. Ares (as full villain) 3. Alkyone and the circle 4. Cheetah (which we have yay) 5. Dr. Poison. 6./ Vennessa Cale and I know this is a hell of a long shot but if he brought back The Crow Children from War God I'd lose my mind.

Never was so hot on Circe. but an appearance would be nice.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alsummers

@dshipp17: So that's not a rebuttal because Dr. Cyber wasn't mentioned, but Dr. Psycho is because........................................................he also wasn't mentioned? That is more illogical than the evidence I presented where everything directs more to Cyber or a different adversary than a misogynistic psychiatrist/hypnotist.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@dshipp17 said:
    @alsummers said:

No Caption Provided

Well, that's not a valid rebuttal, since the issue says nothing about the introduction of Dr. Cyber; Sasha is under mind control; Dr. Cyber would suggest some technical control, where there's no technical link to Sasha's mind control. And Dr. Psycho can operate technology; actually, this kind of looks like the technology around Dr. Psycho when he was introduced in the issues of Superboy; and, plus, Dr. Cyber is some obscure villain that was left in pre-crisis times; when it was promised that Dr. Psycho would be coming, why would that be skipped just to bring some long forgotten character back into the mix?

Sorry but there is nothing in this that suggests Psycho is involved. In fact everything is pointing towards Cyber, because Psycho does not need a floating metal ball to do things, neither does his control make people's eyes go white... and most importantly he wouldn't be doing it like this, he would have impersonated Sasha and standing there in person being smug over the fact he fooled Candy.

On top of this Sasha is the same woman from Rucka's previous venture into DC, who was infected with an advanced OMAC virus, means she is part cyborg, and as such, hackable by someone like Cyber via remote signals the same way any phone and laptop is via the internet.

And yeah... no, I don't think Rucka wants to bring back a version of Psycho when he was at his most pathetic... pretending to be a fortune teller who robbed ATM's...

Anyways, good issue, if suffering from a little bit of PC glut... now the funniest thing is that we learned today that Nicola Scott is actually someone else:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE
    No Caption Provided

@dshipp17 said:
    @alsummers said:

No Caption Provided

It's Doctor Cyber man. Sasha Bordeux is already disfigured, she already has a network of operatives, she already has a cybernetic history and Rucka loves a sympathetic villain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasha_Bordeaux

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Cyber

Also look at the mask behind Diana and Steve on the cover of issue 9.

No Caption Provided
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thanks for the credit I really appreciate it and will pay you back some day. :)

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dshipp17

@jphulk26 said:

@dshipp17: I really hope since they reference the circle they are bringing Alkyone back. I think Dr. Cyber could work and be brought back. But for me the villains I want to see re-emerge are 1. Dr. Psycho 2. Ares (as full villain) 3. Alkyone and the circle 4. Cheetah (which we have yay) 5. Dr. Poison. 6./ Vennessa Cale and I know this is a hell of a long shot but if he brought back The Crow Children from War God I'd lose my mind.

Never was so hot on Circe. but an appearance would be nice.

Very good selection of characters Rucka needs to develop, especially Dr. Psycho, who's the only character that hasn't received any focus since the existence of Wonder Woman, while the others have been developed; sorry for the people who I couldn't quickly respond back to, but, I've been really busy, actually catching up on my responsibilities, over the past few weeks; now, that I've worked myself up, I have to get busy again, to now stay up with my responsibilities, until I start to reach my goals and see some results.

@alsummers said:

@dshipp17: So that's not a rebuttal because Dr. Cyber wasn't mentioned, but Dr. Psycho is because........................................................he also wasn't mentioned? That is more illogical than the evidence I presented where everything directs more to Cyber or a different adversary than a misogynistic psychiatrist/hypnotist.

Dr. Psycho has been mentioned, as a character that Rucka promised to bring back in a very recent interview; but, it was Liam who discussed the plans whether than Rucka; notice, we have several issues where the covers are mysteries, with very vague descriptions of what will be in the issue. Neither Rucka or Liam has mentioned Dr. Cyber, but, rightly so, Dr. Psycho has been mentioned. Dr. Psycho needs quite a bit of character development and it shows you just how much potential the character has, given that he's only briefly appeared in Wonder Woman compared to characters like Cheetah and Ares, yet is a character that Wonder Woman fans who've really studied Wonder Woman knows a lot about; instead of misogynistic, Dr. Psycho is more sympathetic; people who say that about Dr. Psycho probably only read something about his origin, and, it appears that only a few people have written about Dr. Psycho's origin, and, the person who wrote about his origin wasn't very invested in discussing him, as calling him a misogynist is not a very accurate or very complete way of describing who Dr. Psycho is, as a character; this inaccurate description seems to have than been copied and pasted everywhere by people trying to discuss Wonder Woman and her rogues gallery; the main issue is that writers now need to really start developing Dr. Psycho and have a whole lot of catching up to do; the key to Wonder Woman's future surge is got to be Dr. Psycho; the matter will remain elusive until bringing Dr. Psycho in Wonder Woman's book and developing him happens.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: To be fair, Cheetah wasn't mentioned until she showed up (though they released covers of her). Still, Rucka saying that Dr. Psycho is back doesn't really mean anything beyond he will be featured. The presence of technology is more attuned to Dr. Cyber (plus...really? does that cover look anything like Dr. Psycho?). More evidence points to Dr. Cyber or a new villain than Psycho. Which isn't to say he won't be featured, but he's not the big baddie here. Especially when you consider he's recruiting a woman, and we all know how Dr. Psycho loves women /s

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dshipp17

@outside_85 said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @alsummers said:

No Caption Provided

Sorry but there is nothing in this that suggests Psycho is involved. In fact everything is pointing towards Cyber, because Psycho does not need a floating metal ball to do things, neither does his control make people's eyes go white... and most importantly he wouldn't be doing it like this, he would have impersonated Sasha and standing there in person being smug over the fact he fooled Candy.

On top of this Sasha is the same woman from Rucka's previous venture into DC, who was infected with an advanced OMAC virus, means she is part cyborg, and as such, hackable by someone like Cyber via remote signals the same way any phone and laptop is via the internet.

And yeah... no, I don't think Rucka wants to bring back a version of Psycho when he was at his most pathetic... pretending to be a fortune teller who robbed ATM's...

Anyways, good issue, if suffering from a little bit of PC glut... now the funniest thing is that we learned today that Nicola Scott is actually someone else:

No Caption Provided

“Sorry but there is nothing in this that suggests Psycho is involved. In fact everything is pointing towards Cyber, because Psycho does not need a floating metal ball to do things, neither does his control make people's eyes go white... and most importantly he wouldn't be doing it like this, he would have impersonated Sasha and standing there in person being smug over the fact he fooled Candy.”

In what? You mean the issue? If the issue, being mind controlled is clearly the signature of Dr. Psycho. Dr. Cyber didn’t use mind control and, actually, the metal ball does not represent Dr. Cyber; technology does not represent Dr. Cyber either, despite her name; Dr. Cyber was more of a gang or club leader, going way back into the archives of pre-crisis Wonder Woman to when she was last seen. Making her eyes glow white could be just an update, but, making her eyes glow white would have even less to do with Dr. Cyber, as it would have nothing to do with her in a remote sense; again, Dr. Cyber was more of a label of the character than a description of the character. Dr. Psycho could use this method, as an update, and it would show that Rucka is seriously developing him, as a character, unlike what has been done in Wonder Woman’s past. And, why would Dr. Cyber be talking like Dr. Psycho, or, at least, someone similar? Just pulling Dr. Cyber up from obscurity and depicting her as someone with a deep seated grip with Wonder Woman just makes no sense, especially given that Dr. Cyber was more like a club or gang leader, where this Doctor sounds like someone very much involved in a lab.

“On top of this Sasha is the same woman from Rucka's previous venture into DC, who was infected with an advanced OMAC virus, means she is part cyborg, and as such, hackable by someone like Cyber via remote signals the same way any phone and laptop is via the internet.”

What? Sasha was not in Rucka’s prior run, nor was OMAC (at least, not in the actual issues of Wonder Woman, which is where my perspective lies); but, if so, refresh our memories please. The females featured in Rucka’s last run were Veronica Cale and her friend, who was actually depicted as more the brains behind Cale’s success (someone who allowed Veronica to take all the credit), where her friend was becoming the apple of Ferdinand’s eye; for me, this direction was a mistake or, the wrong direction, as, logically, the vast amount of set up should have made Diana the apple of Ferdinand’s eye, given that he was bunking with Diana and didn’t come off as someone begrudgingly putting back a previous adversarial view of Wonder Woman. You’re integrating your desires with facts.

“And yeah... no, I don't think Rucka wants to bring back a version of Psycho when he was at his most pathetic... pretending to be a fortune teller who robbed ATM's...”

Well, Liam actually mentioned that Rucka has plans to bring Dr. Psycho back into Wonder Woman and Rucka is the only writer to really seriously write Dr. Psycho on a previous occasion; you may not bring Dr. Psycho into the Wonder Woman book, but, we’re talking about Rucka rather than you. But, what you write sounds like very poor character development and that depiction should now be quashed in Rebirth, while the opportunity is there.

@scorpio_cassadine said:
    No Caption Provided
    @dshipp17 said:
    @alsummers said:

No Caption Provided

It's Doctor Cyber man. Sasha Bordeux is already disfigured, she already has a network of operatives, she already has a cybernetic history and Rucka loves a sympathetic villain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasha_Bordeaux

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Cyber

Also look at the mask behind Diana and Steve on the cover of issue 9.

No Caption Provided

"It's Doctor Cyber man. Sasha Bordeux is already disfigured, she already has a network of operatives, she already has a cybernetic history and Rucka loves a sympathetic villain."

I don't quite follow, how does a gang leader or club leader play into the depiction of the mystery character in the last issue?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

In what? You mean the issue? If the issue, being mind controlled is clearly the signature of Dr. Psycho. Dr. Cyber didn’t use mind control and, actually, the metal ball does not represent Dr. Cyber; technology does not represent Dr. Cyber either, despite her name; Dr. Cyber was more of a gang or club leader, going way back into the archives of pre-crisis Wonder Woman to when she was last seen. Making her eyes glow white could be just an update, but, making her eyes glow white would have even less to do with Dr. Cyber, as it would have nothing to do with her in a remote sense; again, Dr. Cyber was more of a label of the character than a description of the character. Dr. Psycho could use this method, as an update, and it would show that Rucka is seriously developing him, as a character, unlike what has been done in Wonder Woman’s past. And, why would Dr. Cyber be talking like Dr. Psycho, or, at least, someone similar? Just pulling Dr. Cyber up from obscurity and depicting her as someone with a deep seated grip with Wonder Woman just makes no sense, especially given that Dr. Cyber was more like a club or gang leader, where this Doctor sounds like someone very much involved in a lab.

What? Sasha was not in Rucka’s prior run, nor was OMAC (at least, not in the actual issues of Wonder Woman, which is where my perspective lies); but, if so, refresh our memories please. The females featured in Rucka’s last run were Veronica Cale and her friend, who was actually depicted as more the brains behind Cale’s success (someone who allowed Veronica to take all the credit), where her friend was becoming the apple of Ferdinand’s eye; for me, this direction was a mistake or, the wrong direction, as, logically, the vast amount of set up should have made Diana the apple of Ferdinand’s eye, given that he was bunking with Diana and didn’t come off as someone begrudgingly putting back a previous adversarial view of Wonder Woman. You’re integrating your desires with facts.

Well, Liam actually mentioned that Rucka has plans to bring Dr. Psycho back into Wonder Woman and Rucka is the only writer to really seriously write Dr. Psycho on a previous occasion; you may not bring Dr. Psycho into the Wonder Woman book, but, we’re talking about Rucka rather than you. But, what you write sounds like very poor character development and that depiction should now be quashed in Rebirth, while the opportunity is there.

Mind control is not exclusive to Psycho out of the WW rogues, and it becomes increasingly unlikely it is going to be him once you examine whats on the page. A) The victim, a partially cybernetic organism, something Psycho has never been shown able to affect with his powers. B) The response of the victim when the controller takes over, turns into a blank eyed drone. C) The connection between slave and master, a floating metal ball that can pass through walls... not a speciality of Psycho. D) Psycho's MO... it's not in Psycho's character to behave like this, his inferiority complex is far too great for him to not be there in person to gloat. And no, the original Dr. Cyber was a disfigured scientist, so the doctorate is warrented... but its true enough that her MO may have changed since then... since stealing Diana's look appear to have vanished.

Your perspective needs to broaden, or else you are missing the full picture. As for integrating desires with facts, look who's talking. You are so desperate to cram Psycho into anything you are litterally willing to invent entirely new skills, abilities and personality traits for him to fit into any given story and we know this because this isn't the first time you've done this. As for refreshing your memory, Rucka was back then writing both Wonder Woman and Batman, while leading into the Sacrifice story. Sasha, as Bruce's former bodyguard, ofc stuck to appearing there and in the Checkmate book I think was also being published around that time and guess who was the big target of Checkmate? Wonder Woman. Guess who wanted Diana dead? Brother Eye and Maxwell Lords. Guess what infected Sasha while she was at Checkmate? A new OMAC virus.

You are grasping at straws mate. Sharp may have said Rucka has plans and ideas for Psycho, but untill he is actually on the page, they are just plans and ideas. Because unless you actually live in Rucka's house and is able to watch him write comics scheduled for release in like 6 months, you dont actually know whats coming from him. As for bringing Psycho into the book, who says I dont want to see him? I'd love to read a Psycho story where he is more than just a gigling midget that runs around Diana's legs. But there is still nothing in the current book that pegs him as the only possible culprit.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This recent issue was meh

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @alsummers said:

No Caption Provided

Sasha Bordeaux is a cyborg/cybernetically enhanced ... it doesn't take a lot to connect the dots to Dr. Cyber and the cover preview makes it pretty clear what we are dealing with here. What use is Dr. Psycho in this scenario?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Right? I'd love to see an updated and relevant Dr. Psycho for Rebirth! IMO he needs some big changes to be interesting, but I'd be happy to see him make a meaningful return to WW comics.

What kind of changes would you like to see? I think all that stuff @dshipp17 said about Psycho isn't true, he's a woman hating rapist and hasn't been sympathetic since the Golden Age where he was clearly unfairly maligned and mistreated. Wait a minute, he was sympathetic in the Odyssey story where he declared his love for Diana and tried to help her find herself too.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Right? I'd love to see an updated and relevant Dr. Psycho for Rebirth! IMO he needs some big changes to be interesting, but I'd be happy to see him make a meaningful return to WW comics.

What kind of changes would you like to see? I think all that stuff @dshipp17 said about Psycho isn't true, he's a woman hating rapist and hasn't been sympathetic since the Golden Age where he was clearly unfairly maligned and mistreated. Wait a minute, he was sympathetic in the Odyssey story where he declared his love for Diana and tried to help her find herself too.

I hate the "sympathetic" angle for a character like Psycho ... make the dude a full blown Psycho damn it! I want to have him be loathsome! The kind of character even Diana's other rogues feel uncomfortable around. I'd also like to see him go back to more general psychic abilities, being a run of the mill telepath is kind of boring to me ... back in the old days his powers were cooler IMO. Give him the ability to corrupt and enhance others through the old "ectoplasm" power or steal strength from others to enhance himself or another etc ... I want the guy to be kind of scary, even to the other villains. He needs a motivation that's not just obsession with Diana, to me he should fixate on her specifically because she represents "the perfect woman" and his hate of all women drives him toward destroying her. But he shouldn't always just go straight at her ... maybe make him a little like Silar from the TV show Heroes ... something of a serial killer, who hunts down and corrupts or murders powerful women, perhaps to steal their "ectoplasm" and make himself more powerful etc...

mcanarki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, why Cadulo began to believe Steve is chosen by the gods after he found a picture of WW? Who are these "gods"? Greek Gods?

And "Urzkartaga was attended by women drawn to his potency." which means women attracted by Urzkartaga's sex ability? Isn't Urzkartaga a plant? why would he sex with human females?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dshipp17

@scorpio_cassadine said:
    @csg_cl said:

Well, when I'm describing Dr. Psycho, the Golden age Dr. Psycho is the only version I ever describe, as anyone should clearly be able to tell from my various descriptions, when describing Dr. Psycho (I even said so on several occasions); while the post-crisis version of Dr. Psycho had no defined origin, still, there's just nothing in his background for anyone to describe him as a rapist; and, if anyone reads any Wonder Woman comics, they'd know what I'm saying about him is true, so, I have no idea were you're getting a contrary version of Dr. Psycho from, except from some of the posters' minds and perhaps your just simply trying to side with them to comment in a way to disagree with me, as clearly, Dr. Psycho is not a character that's portrayed as someone who rapes as a matter of routine, just someone who was mocked by women until he finally snapped. The only thing different Dr. Psycho did in Odyssey was have positive words about Diana instead of being real with her.

@csg_cl said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @csg_cl said:

I hate the "sympathetic" angle for a character like Psycho ... make the dude a full blown Psycho damn it! I want to have him be loathsome! The kind of character even Diana's other rogues feel uncomfortable around. I'd also like to see him go back to more general psychic abilities, being a run of the mill telepath is kind of boring to me ... back in the old days his powers were cooler IMO. Give him the ability to corrupt and enhance others through the old "ectoplasm" power or steal strength from others to enhance himself or another etc ... I want the guy to be kind of scary, even to the other villains. He needs a motivation that's not just obsession with Diana, to me he should fixate on her specifically because she represents "the perfect woman" and his hate of all women drives him toward destroying her. But he shouldn't always just go straight at her ... maybe make him a little like Silar from the TV show Heroes ... something of a serial killer, who hunts down and corrupts or murders powerful women, perhaps to steal their "ectoplasm" and make himself more powerful etc...

If you want that, than you want a separate character altogether; Dr. Psycho should never be portrayed like that and Dr. Psycho is the character to say to the audience that women are not always the victim of men; sometimes, men can be the victim of men and we can call into the judgment of women too, when it comes to picking who they choose to be associated with romantically; Dr. Psycho is about the only character in all media (and the whole history of media, as well) who has that function; Dr. Psycho lets us question Wonder Woman as someone who could also have flaws and points out that she may be just as shallow as we accuse men of being, in choosing only handsome men to ever have romantic feelings for and can fall in love with romantically.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

If you want that, than you want a separate character altogether; Dr. Psycho should never be portrayed like that and Dr. Psycho is the character to say to the audience that women are not always the victim of men; sometimes, men can be the victim of men and we can call into the judgment of women too, when it comes to picking who they choose to be associated with romantically; Dr. Psycho is about the only character in all media who has that function; Dr. Psycho lets us question Wonder Woman as someone who could also have flaws and points out that she may be just as shallow as we accuse men of being, in choosing only handsome men to ever have romantic feelings for and can fall in love with romantically.

Hades beat him to that particular punch in the New 52 already since Diana is a character founded on the concept of being able to love anyone.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @csg_cl said:

If you want that, than you want a separate character altogether; Dr. Psycho should never be portrayed like that and Dr. Psycho is the character to say to the audience that women are not always the victim of men; sometimes, men can be the victim of men and we can call into the judgment of women too, when it comes to picking who they choose to be associated with romantically; Dr. Psycho is about the only character in all media (and the whole history of media, as well) who has that function; Dr. Psycho lets us question Wonder Woman as someone who could also have flaws and points out that she may be just as shallow as we accuse men of being, in choosing only handsome men to ever have romantic feelings for and can fall in love with romantically.

We've had this conversation a 100 times at this point. We disagree ... I think Psycho has vastly more potential as a recurring character if he isn't sympathetic. That implies he can be rehabilitated, while in and of itself that's not bad, I think it limits the character to a handful of appearances. If he's a totally relentless psychopath he can be reintroduced time and again same as a Joker type of character.

The Golden Age characters for WW all had similarly sympathetic traits, it's one of the reasons most of them vanished over time, Diana's mission included rehabilitation of her enemies so they needed to be capable of being rehabbed. You can only play the "fall off the wagon" card so many times before it gets silly.

Point of the story is that his character can represent women overcoming victimization. In most of the world women are the vast majority of criminal violence. I'd love to see Psycho focus on attacking various women of power all over the world, trying to control or kill women he sees as a threat to patriarchy. The symbolism behind stopping this monster is pretty powerful every time WW saves someone or stops his plans she's effectively stopped misogyny from destroying the progress of women everywhere.

@outside_85 is correct ... Diana has been bound by the Lasso and admitted her love for even a weirdly repugnant little god ... she could still love Psycho, because that's the foundation of who she is, without needing to go down the path of having her date him for the sake of having her date an ugly man, IMO a ridiculously over-used plot. I'd personally like to see her continued attempts to redeem a man who is truly empty inside and cannot be redeemed ... proverbial immovable object v. unstoppable force kind of situation. Gives Psycho a purpose to be a recurring character.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dshipp17

@outside_85 said:
    @dshipp17 said:

If you want that, than you want a separate character altogether; Dr. Psycho should never be portrayed like that and Dr. Psycho is the character to say to the audience that women are not always the victim of men; sometimes, men can be the victim of men and we can call into the judgment of women too, when it comes to picking who they choose to be associated with romantically; Dr. Psycho is about the only character in all media who has that function; Dr. Psycho lets us question Wonder Woman as someone who could also have flaws and points out that she may be just as shallow as we accuse men of being, in choosing only handsome men to ever have romantic feelings for and can fall in love with romantically.

Hades beat him to that particular punch in the New 52 already since Diana is a character founded on the concept of being able to love anyone.

Oh, no, Hades didn't beat Dr. Psycho to the punch; a writer chose to put Hades in the story over Dr. Psycho, but, that doesn't mean that he was beaten to the punch; while it's clearly possible to rehabilitate Dr. Psycho, Hades cannot be rehabilitated, so, it was just a bad plot move in testing the Wonder Woman character; saying she has love for a character unable to benefit proves nothing of the Wonder Woman character, and, Hades and Dr. Psycho are very dissimilar; and, also, I previously said that Wonder Woman didn't perform very well in that encountered, anyway, but, testing her against someone that's literally a force of nature does not hammer home the point (e.g. if Hades is evil to women, it;s because he's actually evil, always has been, and always will be, evil; and, in that story, Wonder Woman literally had a gateway out of the situation because of the character of Hades (e.g. he had a woman trapped away for centuries with centuries of mistreatment, where it was not going to change, simply because it was in Hades' nature as that particular force of nature)); meanwhile, Dr. Psycho demonstrated good character in becoming a renowned scientist; however, that would literally be an impossible trait for Hades to demonstrate (e.g. Hades didn't snapped away from so better version of himself and he had to originate the character of evil); even though Hera is currently bitter, there's still at least hope that she could be changed back; Hades, on the other hand, it's just not possible and hopeless.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a Good Book I just hate that it keeps switching stories every comic

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dshipp17

@csg_cl said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @csg_cl said:

We've had this conversation a 100 times at this point. We disagree ... I think Psycho has vastly more potential as a recurring character if he isn't sympathetic. That implies he can be rehabilitated, while in and of itself that's not bad, I think it limits the character to a handful of appearances. If he's a totally relentless psychopath he can be reintroduced time and again same as a Joker type of character.

The Golden Age characters for WW all had similarly sympathetic traits, it's one of the reasons most of them vanished over time, Diana's mission included rehabilitation of her enemies so they needed to be capable of being rehabbed. You can only play the "fall off the wagon" card so many times before it gets silly.

Point of the story is that his character can represent women overcoming victimization. In most of the world women are the vast majority of criminal violence. I'd love to see Psycho focus on attacking various women of power all over the world, trying to control or kill women he sees as a threat to patriarchy. The symbolism behind stopping this monster is pretty powerful every time WW saves someone or stops his plans she's effectively stopped misogyny from destroying the progress of women everywhere.

@outside_85 is correct ... Diana has been bound by the Lasso and admitted her love for even a weirdly repugnant little god ... she could still love Psycho, because that's the foundation of who she is, without needing to go down the path of having her date him for the sake of having her date an ugly man, IMO a ridiculously over-used plot. I'd personally like to see her continued attempts to redeem a man who is truly empty inside and cannot be redeemed ... proverbial immovable object v. unstoppable force kind of situation. Gives Psycho a purpose to be a recurring character.

"I think Psycho has vastly more potential as a recurring character if he isn't sympathetic."

Well, that's not an assertion that you can make, simply because no real effort has been placed into first writing Dr. Psycho as was originally intended. Dr. Psycho does not need to be limited to a handful of appearances, as clearly is the problem with the Wonder Woman title; sure, you remember the saying that repeated the same behavior demonstrates a kind of insanity (e.g. that behavior being, continually avoiding obvious chances to put Dr. Psycho into the Wonder Woman title).

"Point of the story is that his character can represent women overcoming victimization. In most of the world women are the vast majority of criminal violence."

Well, again, the men who Dr. Psycho would represent would have no role in that reality, at all, and, this time, being excluded by the women themselves; Dr. Psycho represents the meet and greet part, not the actual relationship part; Dr. Psycho represents the men who women dismissed offhand as dweebs en route to the men that than create the reality that you describe for them; thus, these men, who Dr. Psycho would represent, are 100% victims while also having to suffer from the character of the men that the women chose, even though they couldn't have input in the matter, at the discretion of these women.

"I'd love to see Psycho focus on attacking various women of power all over the world, trying to control or kill women he sees as a threat to patriarchy. The symbolism behind stopping this monster is pretty powerful every time WW saves someone or stops his plans she's effectively stopped misogyny from destroying the progress of women everywhere."

And, here, we've went full circle with my prior post; reality is, women are not always the victim; seems you want to keep this stereotype or perception going, which is very uninspired, as every form of media currently does that, and has since media has existed, while I'm pointing into a direction that's unique, inspired, and different; while, it would give Dr. Psycho something to do, from a sympathetic angle, him acting out for Wonder Woman's attention, because he believes he wouldn't even warrant her attention otherwise is the better angle to pursue; this direction looks into Wonder Woman's true character, as, we than get the answer to that question, would she just dismiss Dr. Psycho otherwise? And, if so, why does she just dismiss him, especially if we're to believe that she's the virtue of equality and empowerment? And, if she's about only empowering women, how does that than mean she's about empowering everyone? As, it clearly would not show that, it would show, that she's a glorified simple Amazon, as just but one point to note. Placing Wonder Woman in the role of fighting for a victim in your scenario cannot differentiate Wonder Woman from anyone else, while, at the same time, it posts men as always in a bad light and the eternal instigators of evil or mischief.

"is correct ... Diana has been bound by the Lasso and admitted her love for even a weirdly repugnant little god ... she could still love Psycho, because that's the foundation of who she is, without needing to go down the path of having her date him for the sake of having her date an ugly man, IMO a ridiculously over-used plot."

No, that didn't demonstrate such at all; and, using Hades was a very bad plot point; she was talking about platonic love, while this is about romantic love. And, it's not an overused plot because it's a plot never used; the overused plot is clearly perfect with perfect, or, what world are you living in, as that's clearly not a true statement in this reality? And, Hades is not repugnant, because of his looks, he's repugnant, because he's literally the origin and personification of evil and the bottom where bottom feeders feed (e.g. and, not to mention, Hades, in his true form, is not an ugly man). You can say Hades is the inspiration for Dr. Psycho snapping into villainy.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @dshipp17 said:

Oh, no, Hades didn't beat Dr. Psycho to the punch; a writer chose to put Hades in the story over Dr. Psycho, but, that doesn't mean that he was beaten to the punch;

Actually it means exactly that Hades came first this time around whenever you like it or not.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: so you fundamentally miss the point that Dr. Psycho isn't a victim. He's a man with an excuse nothing more. No one who isn't already a borderline personality is going to end up doing the kinds of things Psycho does simply because they were bullied. Far more likely for an individual experiencing this to harm themselves than become a murderer/rapist/whatever you want to call Psycho. What I can say is that you have this weird view that Psycho is somehow heroic or "just misunderstood", he's not. He's a villain, an emotionally weak man who blames his evil on external faults rather than even just owning up to it. That's why I would prefer him as unsympathetic, at least then he wouldn't be just a sniveling brat.

And, no it's not a stereotype that women are the VAST majority of the victims of violence and NO it's not all because some less than perfect man was ignored by a pretty girl. That in and of itself is a myth brought about by Hollywood. You're conflating reality with the movies. Real women around the world are brutally murdered every day and it has zero to do with "some dweeb being ignored".

Beauty and the Beast is a plot line used in literally thousands of fictional works. It's practically everywhere you look in every form of media since the earliest stages of fiction. You pretending that's not the case doesn't make it go away.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Im beginning to wonder if Rucka is planning on killing Urzugataka and having Cheetah lose some of her feralness but stay a villain. Hopefully that is the case because id love to see the less beastly side of her character

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dshipp17

@csg_cl said:

@dshipp17: so you fundamentally miss the point that Dr. Psycho isn't a victim. He's a man with an excuse nothing more. No one who isn't already a borderline personality is going to end up doing the kinds of things Psycho does simply because they were bullied. Far more likely for an individual experiencing this to harm themselves than become a murderer/rapist/whatever you want to call Psycho. What I can say is that you have this weird view that Psycho is somehow heroic or "just misunderstood", he's not. He's a villain, an emotionally weak man who blames his evil on external faults rather than even just owning up to it. That's why I would prefer him as unsympathetic, at least then he wouldn't be just a sniveling brat.

And, no it's not a stereotype that women are the VAST majority of the victims of violence and NO it's not all because some less than perfect man was ignored by a pretty girl. That in and of itself is a myth brought about by Hollywood. You're conflating reality with the movies. Real women around the world are brutally murdered every day and it has zero to do with "some dweeb being ignored".

Beauty and the Beast is a plot line used in literally thousands of fictional works. It's practically everywhere you look in every form of media since the earliest stages of fiction. You pretending that's not the case doesn't make it go away.

“so you fundamentally miss the point that Dr. Psycho isn't a victim. He's a man with an excuse nothing more. No one who isn't already a borderline personality is going to end up doing the kinds of things Psycho does simply because they were bullied.”

Now, go outside of your attempts to completely divert from the points that I’m making and ask yourself, do you actually understand what you just said? You’ve effectively downplayed the issue of bullied kids, which has been a very big spotlighted issue over the past couple of years; yes, a bullied person is a victim in every sense of the word. Just like another crime, bullying is about power and intimidation over someone you perceive as weaker than yourself. However, although they overlap a lot and may actually be the same, we’re talking about someone who’s being mocked; being mocked than quickly becomes a precursor (or, escalates) to bullying. That Dr. Psycho my have had a (mental) disability makes it even worse and even more immature; you can downplay someone bullying a disabled person, simply because of the person’s gender? That somehow makes it less despicable in your mind?

“What I can say is that you have this weird view that Psycho is somehow heroic or "just misunderstood", he's not. He's a villain, an emotionally weak man who blames his evil on external faults rather than even just owning up to it.”

So, he’s this guy now telling me that Dr. Psycho should stop being emotional like a girl about his personal struggle, from this guy who’s playing the champion of women? Either Dr. Psycho is misunderstood by all Wonder Woman writers with the exception of Marston, in creating him, or, worse, he’s being minimized by all Wonder Woman writers who haven’t faced his type of struggles which would be worse. And, Dr. Psycho hasn’t owned up to anything yet, because he’s written so sparsely; we know very little of his overall motives, outside of the fact that he was a renowned scientists who was being constantly tormented by the mockery of women, until he snapped, which is very sympathetic, unless, of course, you think he should be a man and not wine like a girl.

Well, if you’re reading Harley Quinn, than, yes, Dr. Psycho can somehow be heroic, as you probably also like characters like Punisher, Deadpool, and Desthstroke. I’m just getting that you’re one of many people who can’t relate to Dr. Psycho’s straggles and, so, you need to be schooled for a while.

“And, no it's not a stereotype that women are the VAST majority of the victims of violence and NO it's not all because some less than perfect man was ignored by a pretty girl.”

Actually, that’s a diversion from the discussion and, so, off topic, and, it depends on what you’re calling violence; it seems what you really mean is the victim of very specific types of crime; if we go by overall violence, men are the vast majority of the victims of violence (e.g. consider wars and being assaulted or killed by complete strangers, just to name a couple). And, to the extent that you are still on topic with this discussion, yes, again, consider, the men that these women dismissed off as a dweeb to get to these men who were cool, and than got into a totally different phase of the social interaction (e.g. meet and great stage compared to a deep, committed relationship stage, two very different things). And, let me ask you, have you ever watched a show called Family Matters? Remember Laura and Steve? Remember how Laura was determined that Steve would never get to first base with her? Now, thinking of that, can you see how women can chose to not be a victim, if they wanted to? It’s about who they’ll let get close to them; once that happens, Dr. Psycho, the people he represents, and this discussion is simply inapplicable (and, again, the reason, go view Family Matters and see how Laura consistently treated Steve over the course of about 90 episodes and a decade of programming); Family Matters should be a good show to watch for the social justice warriors such as yourself, as opposed to news reports about crime or Law and Order: SVU.

“Real women around the world are brutally murdered every day and it has zero to do with "some dweeb being ignored".”

I know and you just demonstrated my point; Dr. Psycho and the dweebs he represents could have no ability to affect these choices of women (e.g. they dismissed the dweebs because they thought the cool guy was the only one good enough for her).

“Beauty and the Beast is a plot line used in literally thousands of fictional works. It's practically everywhere you look in every form of media since the earliest stages of fiction. You pretending that's not the case doesn't make it go away.”

That;’s just one example compared to Superman and Lois, Batman and Catwoman, Wonder Woman and Steve, Clark Kent and Lana Lang, Cyclops and Jean Grey, Peter Parker and Mary Jane (although I’m a Peter Parker fan and find him relatable, nonetheless), JFK and Jackie, etc; I could go on and on where you have the focus on perfect together with perfect versus Beauty and the Beast and something else that I bet you couldn’t even count on one hand; meanwhile, the alternative, lets see how many flash drives you could fill.

@csg_cl said:

@willienotwilliam: Cheetah is a good character to have a sympathetic back story for

And, why would that be, in comparison to Dr. Psycho? Because she's a woman? And Cheetah actually has a large kill count that we can actually call her a murderer (e.g. someone who murders people as a matter of routine).

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@csg_cl: oh definitely its necessary but I'd also like to see more of her character outside of the whole urzagataka(I'm sure injsut butchered that name) story.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CSG_CL

@dshipp17: sigh ... no I haven't downplayed the problems of bullied children. I've told you that these children are far more likely to harm themselves rather than hurt others. You continue to attempt to put Psycho in this bucket of a bullied child which created his monstrous behavior. I am saying that he uses that as an excuse for doing what he would have done anyway. Children who are truly bullied rarely end up actually running off and becoming serial murderers/rapists. Most, if they become violent, end up turning that violence on themselves, committing suicide, cutting themselves, developing eating disorders etc ... regardless, being bullied isn't an excuse to harm others or ones self. Psycho actually displays behavior that is much more likely in the BULLY not the BULLIED.

You clearly don't understand the violence against women that is out there. The entire concept of dweebs and the women who ignore them is almost entirely an entertainment construct put in front of you by Hollywood. In most places there is no such thing as "the high school mean girl" since the majority of women globally don't have the opportunity to even go to school without some pretty extraordinary efforts. Go read about what the impact of educating a woman in a 3rd world country looks like, it's so rare, outside of a handful of countries we see in the movies, there is plenty of research about it. Hell, in most places around the world a girl would be considered lucky if she was even given the choice to turn ANY man down, dweeb or otherwise. Your entire premise is flawed and seemingly based on your own wish fulfillment.

There are literally thousands of books, movies, comics, tv shows etc that use the Beauty and the Beast construct in various ways. Hundreds of movies show us the dorky guy getting the pretty girl. Back to the Future? Can't Buy Me Love? Hunchback of Notre Dame? Beauty and the Geek? Every high school movie ever made about the dorky girl taking off her glasses and becoming beautiful, falling in love with the hot guy then discovering she really loved the plain dude right in front of her? There are so many examples in fiction of the world forcing a woman to conform to traditional beauty norms and then selecting a man that doesn't that it would take you years just to read the list from a google search. Why aren't you judging super-beautiful Steve Trevor for being attracted to Diana? Remember when he ended up married to Etta Candy during the Perez years? He was significantly older than her yet still considered a "catch" for Etta because she was a "fat girl" who lost a lot of weight just so she could find a man. All your thoughts on WW and Psycho dating do is force WW to choose a man beneath her simply to showcase that men don't need to conform but women should. Antithesis to the very concept of WW.

As for Cheetah, it has nothing to do with her being a female and everything to do with her history. The original was legit mentally ill, her split personality made her incapable of controlling the Cheetah side of her ... later incarnations played with that in a less literal sense, but still focused on the "host" person lacking the control necessary to keep the Cheetah from being a murdering psychopath. We should feel compassion for Priscilla, Debbie or Barbara and despise the Cheetah. There is always the potential for Cheetah's alter ego to reform, but it's also always up in the air as to when the Cheetah will re-emerge. This isn't a "Cheetah is better than Psycho" thought process or even a "women should be shown compassion and not men" this is about how I think the characters should be portrayed. Psycho is essentially the personification of misogyny while Cheetah is representative of a woman's lack of control within society.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dshipp17

@csg_cl said:

@dshipp17: sigh ... no I haven't downplayed the problems of bullied children. I've told you that these children are far more likely to harm themselves rather than hurt others. You continue to attempt to put Psycho in this bucket of a bullied child which created his monstrous behavior. I am saying that he uses that as an excuse for doing what he would have done anyway. Children who are truly bullied rarely end up actually running off and becoming serial murderers/rapists. Most, if they become violent, end up turning that violence on themselves, committing suicide, cutting themselves, developing eating disorders etc ... regardless, being bullied isn't an excuse to harm others or ones self. Psycho actually displays behavior that is much more likely in the BULLY not the BULLIED.

You clearly don't understand the violence against women that is out there. The entire concept of dweebs and the women who ignore them is almost entirely an entertainment construct put in front of you by Hollywood. In most places there is no such thing as "the high school mean girl" since the majority of women globally don't have the opportunity to even go to school without some pretty extraordinary efforts. Go read about what the impact of educating a woman in a 3rd world country looks like, it's so rare, outside of a handful of countries we see in the movies, there is plenty of research about it. Hell, in most places around the world a girl would be considered lucky if she was even given the choice to turn ANY man down, dweeb or otherwise. Your entire premise is flawed and seemingly based on your own wish fulfillment.

There are literally thousands of books, movies, comics, tv shows etc that use the Beauty and the Beast construct in various ways. Hundreds of movies show us the dorky guy getting the pretty girl. Back to the Future? Can't Buy Me Love? Hunchback of Notre Dame? Beauty and the Geek? Every high school movie ever made about the dorky girl taking off her glasses and becoming beautiful, falling in love with the hot guy then discovering she really loved the plain dude right in front of her? There are so many examples in fiction of the world forcing a woman to conform to traditional beauty norms and then selecting a man that doesn't that it would take you years just to read the list from a google search. Why aren't you judging super-beautiful Steve Trevor for being attracted to Diana? Remember when he ended up married to Etta Candy during the Perez years? He was significantly older than her yet still considered a "catch" for Etta because she was a "fat girl" who lost a lot of weight just so she could find a man. All your thoughts on WW and Psycho dating do is force WW to choose a man beneath her simply to showcase that men don't need to conform but women should. Antithesis to the very concept of WW.

As for Cheetah, it has nothing to do with her being a female and everything to do with her history. The original was legit mentally ill, her split personality made her incapable of controlling the Cheetah side of her ... later incarnations played with that in a less literal sense, but still focused on the "host" person lacking the control necessary to keep the Cheetah from being a murdering psychopath. We should feel compassion for Priscilla, Debbie or Barbara and despise the Cheetah. There is always the potential for Cheetah's alter ego to reform, but it's also always up in the air as to when the Cheetah will re-emerge. This isn't a "Cheetah is better than Psycho" thought process or even a "women should be shown compassion and not men" this is about how I think the characters should be portrayed. Psycho is essentially the personification of misogyny while Cheetah is representative of a woman's lack of control within society.

“You continue to attempt to put Psycho in this bucket of a bullied child which created his monstrous behavior. I am saying that he uses that as an excuse for doing what he would have done anyway. ... regardless, being bullied isn't an excuse to harm others or ones self. Psycho actually displays behavior that is much more likely in the BULLY not the BULLIED.”

If you think that Dr. Psycho would have done things that he’s doing, than, clearly, you haven’t listened and heard the fact that he became a renowned scientist, until years of torment from women mocking him, caused him to snap; that would mean, but for being continually mocked by women, he would have continued on being a world renowned scientist; therefore, he does raised the point of bullying, whether children experiencing it, or, other people altogether. Sure, you can say he used it as an excuse the same way that say a gay person in a Christian counseling program may have used it as an excuse to eventually commit suicide (or, a woman who stayed with a verbally abusive man may have killed him, after years of verbal abuse, where she simply used his years of verbal abuse, because she would have killed any man, anyway, where the other women with her in prison may be holding her up as a role model, because she has killed a man); you should be thinking of more prominent issues than saying someone made an excuse for doing something, as the result of being bullied to that point.

“You clearly don't understand the violence against women that is out there. The entire concept of dweebs and the women who ignore them is almost entirely an entertainment construct put in front of you by Hollywood. In most places there is no such thing as "the high school mean girl" since the majority of women globally don't have the opportunity to even go to school without some pretty extraordinary efforts. Go read about what the impact of educating a woman in a 3rd world country looks like, it's so rare, outside of a handful of countries we see in the movies, there is plenty of research about it. Hell, in most places around the world a girl would be considered lucky if she was even given the choice to turn ANY man down, dweeb or otherwise. Your entire premise is flawed and seemingly based on your own wish fulfillment.”

Oh, please, you’re clearly just outright lying; no one who has gone through school could possibly believe that the girl looking down on the dweeb or ugly boy is nonexistent or virtually nonexistent; perhaps, you were home schooled, during your childhood? You could only honestly believe that, if you simply somehow missed interacting with your peers throughout your formative years, or, you’re trying to invent a point, after being checkmated. Or, maybe you’re suggesting that social cruelty is nonexistent or virtually nonexistent, when a girl or woman has to interact with a man? In that case, you’re still trying to invent some type of false reality. Just like men, women will especially be cruel to impress both their male and female friends. Or, what you actually mean is that entertainment treats the male dweeb concept as perceived by female as nonexistent, both before and after Family Matters aired, when clearly, this concept is always played out in a real world context. Women being unable to attend school in some countries is completely off topic and has nothing to do with this discussion. There are no places where any man could choose any woman he wanted; in those non-Western places, they’re under the other social laws of male-female romantic interaction: that being, the woman may be placed in an arranged marriage or, alternatively, the man would have to get the woman’s family approval; and, as we’ve recently learned in Western freedom, the family is more often than not even more judgmental of a man than the woman in question would be; therefore, the dweeb/ugly man would actually have even less of that small chance of getting the Wonder Woman girl, if it were only up to her family; and, obviously, this discussion is talking about a high school in the Western context, otherwise. But, you actually raise a very fascinating question: how are dweeds/ugly men treated in these non-western places? Because, they certainly would not have access to the pretty girls without the Wonder Woman girl’s family approval; in the west, it would be the woman who would risk her family scorn to date a man who her family would not approve; however, in those cases, that man would certainly be very different from the dweeb, when women do take that risk; in other words, there would be very good reasons that it would not be wise for the woman to enter into a relationship with that type of man, and, eventually, in fact, we do get the Law and Order: SVU outcome, but, this type of man would be the farthest from the type of men that Dr. Psycho would represent.

“There are literally thousands of books, movies, comics, tv shows etc that use the Beauty and the Beast construct in various ways. Hundreds of movies show us the dorky guy getting the pretty girl. Back to the Future? Can't Buy Me Love? Hunchback of Notre Dame? Beauty and the Geek?”

That’s just not true, as you’re trying to represent it. In this, the only two distinct examples you’ve provided are Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback; the others are derivatives of Beauty and the Beast; and, if what you say is to be taken seriously, just for the sake of argument, than, we know there are literally thousands of perfect girl/perfect man examples with thousands of derivatives; and, the most recent version of Beauty and the Beast on the CW actually debased the concept of Beauty and the Beast, likely by accommodating the demands of the actress, and the show ended with very low viewer ship (e.g. the Beast was a handsome man made into a Hulk like figure, when it should have been this beautiful woman with an ugly man); the 1980s version was very successful, by holding to the script and intent; now, that’s poetic justice played out. And, considering that the men were all handsome, Beauty and the Geek certainly does not fit or it debases the concept.

“Why aren't you judging super-beautiful Steve Trevor for being attracted to Diana? Remember when he ended up married to Etta Candy during the Perez years?”

Simple, because we’re talking about Wonder Woman, not someone else, say, Superman; you should probably take the reverse over to the Superman board. Additionally, if you still haven't picked up on it, perfect with perfect is already extensively covered by the entertainment media.

“All your thoughts on WW and Psycho dating do is force WW to choose a man beneath her simply to showcase that men don't need to conform but women should.”

No, actually, it makes one realize that these pressures affect both genders, not just women; how would you expect Dr. Psycho to conform with a concept of beauty that someone like Steve Trevor or Superman could meet? And, regarding the more superficial things that arguably could be controlled, something like weight issues affect men too.

“As for Cheetah, it has nothing to do with her being a female and everything to do with her history. The original was legit mentally ill, her split personality made her incapable of controlling the Cheetah side of her ... ”

Oh, no, or, at best, you’re cherry picking for Cheetah; Cheetah represents the classic and very common concept of one woman being envious of another woman and doing things to act upon her envy; being envious of Wonder Woman, Cheetah than chose to have herself cursed in order to better be able to defeat Wonder Woman; or, in another version, she was lead by greed or something and got herself cursed; there’s nothing sympathetic about that at all, it’s something that most people of low morals would do; with that said, I’d be about as sympathetic for Cheetah as I would from someone like Lex Luthor or his father, as they both fall under the same moral standards or perceptions of morality; Cheetah is a bit less means to an end like, simply because she’s probably less wealthy.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CSG_CL

@dshipp17: I'm actually starting to believe you aren't very bright. Do you even realize that the circumstances of a woman looking down on a dweeb in high school are incredibly rare? Let's be very generous and say that 25% of all women globally are allowed to be educated beyond basic grammar school levels. Probably 80% of those women are in or from the US and Europe. Ultimately your talking about a handful of places where a woman might have the opportunity to mistreat a less desirable man. In at least 75% of the world women are not even like to be allowed to be educated, and in the places that do let them they are not strutting around like a queen bee. The vast majority of these women will have zero say in who they end up married to, assuming they are lucky enough to be married off to a man and not simply carted off to be raped and used as a baby factory.

No one is saying Psycho isn't intelligent or that he was rejected by women during his life, maybe it's even as bad as he contends and he was horribly bullied by these women. This is an EXCUSE he uses to justify his criminal behavior, nothing more. I tend to doubt that he was actually bullied because in the vast majority of cases of severe bullying it's almost always the bullied child harming themselves rather than others. Psycho has created a mythology around himself, but it doesn't add up to a workable reality when you start looking at it.

PS your desire to see Psycho and Diana date IS a derivative of Beauty and the Beast too. The story is world famous BECAUSE there are derivative stories in every culture. You can claim there are only 2'"distinct" versions, but you would be wrong.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dshipp17

@csg_cl said:

@dshipp17: I'm actually starting to believe you aren't very bright. Do you even realize that the circumstances of a woman looking down on a dweeb in high school are incredibly rare? Let's be very generous and say that 25% of all women globally are allowed to be educated beyond basic grammar school levels. Probably 80% of those women are in or from the US and Europe. Ultimately your talking about a handful of places where a woman might have the opportunity to mistreat a less desirable man. In at least 75% of the world women are not even like to be allowed to be educated, and in the places that do let them they are not strutting around like a queen bee. The vast majority of these women will have zero say in who they end up married to, assuming they are lucky enough to be married off to a man and not simply carted off to be raped and used as a baby factory.

No one is saying Psycho isn't intelligent or that he was rejected by women during his life, maybe it's even as bad as he contends and he was horribly bullied by these women. This is an EXCUSE he uses to justify his criminal behavior, nothing more. I tend to doubt that he was actually bullied because in the vast majority of cases of severe bullying it's almost always the bullied child harming themselves rather than others. Psycho has created a mythology around himself, but it doesn't add up to a workable reality when you start looking at it.

PS your desire to see Psycho and Diana date IS a derivative of Beauty and the Beast too. The story is world famous BECAUSE there are derivative stories in every culture. You can claim there are only 2'"distinct" versions, but you would be wrong.

“I'm actually starting to believe you aren't very bright. Do you even realize that the circumstances of a woman looking down on a dweeb in high school are incredibly rare?”

Well, with that said, you can’t even stay focused on the topic at hand, so, lets not go into wondering who’s bright and who may not be so bright. And, who said anything about, just high school? A woman looking down on a man as a dweeb is very common, as it's the fiber that forms social clique throughout the formative years in a social context, as well as in other contexts like employment, although with a bit of a different flavor; anybody that’s been involved in a social context, in the long term, such as all of the different forms of school and employment should know about social cliques; social cliques are formed by looking down on other people (e.g. especially male loners who may not be apart of a social clique at all, and that’s how psychologists invent terms related to impaired social development); and, the people at the bottom of this totem are the dweebs/ugly men. And, anybody who is honestly speaking from their experiences in a social context, especially back in school, can see girls/women mocking the dweebs/ugly men to increase their status in a social clique of other like minded women or to gain the approval of the jocks who are, in tern, mocking these men to increase their status with their cliques (e.g. and by jock, I mean any male who is set apart from the crowd in some way, in a context like high school, for some reason, which usually will not involve being good in class or making good grades); and, that’s extremely common, as high school, like other places are about forming social cliques; if you think, no...say, that this is rare, you’re either purposely being dishonest, don’t know what you’re talking about, in trying to win this discussion (e.g. brought on by your inability to stay focused), simply don’t want to acknowledge a reality (e.g. women aren’t all innocent victims of all men of every shape and stripe, and every man is not a perpetrator of these innocent women, if given an opportunity), or, the less likely case, so disconnected from recognizing a male who is being tormented (e.g. you might just dismiss it as them purposely choosing to be alone and so caught up on the reasons that these men are being mocked, not focusing on the source of the mockery) that you believe your junk. What, is your theory that all women look to comfort a man in distress, where they can be found, while all men look to create distress for both women and men, when the opportunity presents itself? Or, it might be rare, but only in the sense that women will not engage those men at all, draw them into initiating contact, and than reacting cruelly towards them; however, they will seek humor from the people about these men that they’re hanging out with; so, yeah, I might agree that it’s rare that you see a woman actually engage these men, as an initial matter, but, it’s clear who they’re drawing their source of humor, when they laugh out loud at these men, which is a distinction without much difference than initiating the contact to draw humor and raise their status in their specific cliques; but, clearly, these women think and give off the impression that they’re too good for these men in other clear ways and one way of showing that is by making sure that they’re only seen engaging with the jocks, when they do engage with men.

“Ultimately your talking about a handful of places where a woman might have the opportunity to mistreat a less desirable man.”

Sure, clearly, we’re talking about places where women have the opportunity to mistreat less desirable men in certain contexts that are more prominent; and, sure, except these handful of places are also called the developed world; but, there are likely other ways women can mistreat less desirable men, in these other places, also. And, I’m still not sure why you keep trying to shift the topic to that separate issue altogether (e.g. focusing on an issue that the media always skips, as nonexistent, less desirable men being mistreated by desirable women); are you trying to group all men as a big homogeneous block and say that is responsible for the suffering of women? Are you saying that for every positive gain a woman makes all men make them pay some place else on earth?

“In at least 75% of the world women are not even like to be allowed to be educated, and in the places that do let them they are not strutting around like a queen bee.”

Sure, they are, provided you know how social cliques work; it’s just done in their own way that is the benefit of a social clique (e.g. it could be as simple, but, also, as profound, as landing, or, being perceived, as landing, one of those jocks, depending on your prospective).

“The vast majority of these women will have zero say in who they end up married to, assuming they are lucky enough to be married off to a man and not simply carted off to be raped and used as a baby factory.”

As I said, because the marriage are arranged or have to be approved by their families, where arrange marriages are also family approved. And, guess what? These approved marriage are inevitably to a jock, just a different perspective of a jock, as defined by that different cultural/social context (e.g. just any old man cannot just pick the most beautiful women, like some grocery shopper picking the best looking peach from a produce isle). And, you’ve escaped reality, if you’re implying that 65% percent of the women in the world, to speak within your arbitrary statistics, are in prostitution or sex slavery (e.g. most women in these unfortunate situations were probably runaways or orphans, a very small percentage of women; boys are also affected by this situation, except they may either be forced into criminal gangs or made into terrorists, greatly decreasing their life expectancy); but, you’re perspective here is just outlandish, and, again, designed to divert the topic of discussion (e.g. would Wonder Woman treat Dr. Psycho this way and why did she treat Dr. Psycho that way, especially if the perceptions of her are true?).

“No one is saying Psycho isn't intelligent or that he was rejected by women during his life, maybe it's even as bad as he contends and he was horribly bullied by these women. This is an EXCUSE he uses to justify his criminal behavior, nothing more.”

The thing is, our discussion is a layer more complicated; sure, it’s an excuse, but, it’s also a potentially preventable reason (e.g. Dr. Psycho had this as a reason for snapping while another facing mockery and ridicule had this as a reason to commit suicide). And, it’s not just intelligence, Dr. Psycho achieving the accomplishment of becoming a world renowned scientists proves that he was a model individual that every decent person should strive to become, until he was driven to snap.

“I tend to doubt that he was actually bullied because in the vast majority of cases of severe bullying it's almost always the bullied child harming themselves rather than others.”

People who’ve been continually bullied end up reacting all sorts of ways, but, in reality, we’ll note that the vast majority will become socially impaired (e.g. unlikely to be as socially articulate as someone as say, a Barack Obama); the vast majority do not end up harming themselves, just socially stunted, and, so, may react in certain social situation differently than we might want them to react (e.g. you ask the question, why is this ugly guy not reacting in the presence of everyone the same way that Obama or Clark Kent is reacting?); and, than, proceeding to judge them from there, essentially, what you’re doing, which, is the byproduct of entertainment grooming you to think in such a way, by pretending that looking down on less desirable men does not exists by showing only physically desirable men or, in the rare case they’re not, otherwise desirable by being extremely wealthy or a successful politician. However, in the case of women, the difference is shown, if it can provide a reason for explaining why a woman behaved differently than a Miss America type.

“PS your desire to see Psycho and Diana date IS a derivative of Beauty and the Beast too. The story is world famous BECAUSE there are derivative stories in every culture. You can claim there are only 2'"distinct" versions, but you would be wrong.”

No, I’m not wrong, because I didn’t say there were only 2 distinct versions; you only presented 2 distinct versions; I said, in another way, there may not be more than 6 distinct versions and that it is nowhere close to the thousands and millions of perfect with perfect distinct versions that occupy media, each with their thousands or million of derivatives; and, Beauty and the Beast is so well know because it is so rare or uncommon in entertainment; Hunchback is so well known, because it is also so rare or uncommon; but, since the perfect with perfect examples are so cliche, new forms of entertainment involving them will be much less likely to be interesting, since everyone in entertainment does them; so, inadvertently, you’ve stumble onto the logic of my proposal that bringing Dr. Psycho into the mix is likely to bring Wonder Woman much more success than pairing her with Superman, Batman, and, now, Steve, once again, and trying to repackage it as some fresh new start and hoping that success will come, or, if it does, in any lasting or sustained way.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @csg_cl said:

“You continue to attempt to put Psycho in this bucket of a bullied child which created his monstrous behavior. I am saying that he uses that as an excuse for doing what he would have done anyway. ... regardless, being bullied isn't an excuse to harm others or ones self. Psycho actually displays behavior that is much more likely in the BULLY not the BULLIED.”

If you think that Dr. Psycho would have done things that he’s doing, than, clearly, you haven’t listened and heard the fact that he became a renowned scientist, until years of torment from women mocking him, caused him to snap; that would mean, but for being continually mocked by women, he would have continued on being a world renowned scientist; therefore, he does raised the point of bullying, whether children experiencing it, or, other people altogether. Sure, you can say he used it as an excuse the same way that say a gay person in a Christian counseling program may have used it as an excuse to eventually commit suicide (or, a woman who stayed with a verbally abusive man may have killed him, after years of verbal abuse, where she simply used his years of verbal abuse, because she would have killed any man, anyway, where the other women with her in prison may be holding her up as a role model, because she has killed a man); you should be thinking of more prominent issues than saying someone made an excuse for doing something, as the result of being bullied to that point.

“You clearly don't understand the violence against women that is out there. The entire concept of dweebs and the women who ignore them is almost entirely an entertainment construct put in front of you by Hollywood. In most places there is no such thing as "the high school mean girl" since the majority of women globally don't have the opportunity to even go to school without some pretty extraordinary efforts. Go read about what the impact of educating a woman in a 3rd world country looks like, it's so rare, outside of a handful of countries we see in the movies, there is plenty of research about it. Hell, in most places around the world a girl would be considered lucky if she was even given the choice to turn ANY man down, dweeb or otherwise. Your entire premise is flawed and seemingly based on your own wish fulfillment.”

Oh, please, you’re clearly just outright lying; no one who has gone through school could possibly believe that the girl looking down on the dweeb or ugly boy is nonexistent or virtually nonexistent; perhaps, you were home schooled, during your childhood? You could only honestly believe that, if you simply somehow missed interacting with your peers throughout your formative years, or, you’re trying to invent a point, after being checkmated. Or, maybe you’re suggesting that social cruelty is nonexistent or virtually nonexistent, when a girl or woman has to interact with a man? In that case, you’re still trying to invent some type of false reality. Just like men, women will especially be cruel to impress both their male and female friends. Or, what you actually mean is that entertainment treats the male dweeb concept as perceived by female as nonexistent, both before and after Family Matters aired, when clearly, this concept is always played out in a real world context. Women being unable to attend school in some countries is completely off topic and has nothing to do with this discussion. There are no places where any man could choose any woman he wanted; in those non-Western places, they’re under the other social laws of male-female romantic interaction: that being, the woman may be placed in an arranged marriage or, alternatively, the man would have to get the woman’s family approval; and, as we’ve recently learned in Western freedom, the family is more often than not even more judgmental of a man than the woman in question would be; therefore, the dweeb/ugly man would actually have even less of that small chance of getting the Wonder Woman girl, if it were only up to her family; and, obviously, this discussion is talking about a high school in the Western context, otherwise. But, you actually raise a very fascinating question: how are dweeds/ugly men treated in these non-western places? Because, they certainly would not have access to the pretty girls without the Wonder Woman girl’s family approval; in the west, it would be the woman who would risk her family scorn to date a man who her family would not approve; however, in those cases, that man would certainly be very different from the dweeb, when women do take that risk; in other words, there would be very good reasons that it would not be wise for the woman to enter into a relationship with that type of man, and, eventually, in fact, we do get the Law and Order: SVU outcome, but, this type of man would be the farthest from the type of men that Dr. Psycho would represent.

“There are literally thousands of books, movies, comics, tv shows etc that use the Beauty and the Beast construct in various ways. Hundreds of movies show us the dorky guy getting the pretty girl. Back to the Future? Can't Buy Me Love? Hunchback of Notre Dame? Beauty and the Geek?”

That’s just not true, as you’re trying to represent it. In this, the only two distinct examples you’ve provided are Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback; the others are derivatives of Beauty and the Beast; and, if what you say is to be taken seriously, just for the sake of argument, than, we know there are literally thousands of perfect girl/perfect man examples with thousands of derivatives; and, the most recent version of Beauty and the Beast on the CW actually debased the concept of Beauty and the Beast, likely by accommodating the demands of the actress, and the show ended with very low viewer ship (e.g. the Beast was a handsome man made into a Hulk like figure, when it should have been this beautiful woman with an ugly man); the 1980s version was very successful, by holding to the script and intent; now, that’s poetic justice played out. And, considering that the men were all handsome, Beauty and the Geek certainly does not fit or it debases the concept.

“Why aren't you judging super-beautiful Steve Trevor for being attracted to Diana? Remember when he ended up married to Etta Candy during the Perez years?”

Simple, because we’re talking about Wonder Woman, not someone else, say, Superman; you should probably take the reverse over to the Superman board. Additionally, if you still haven't picked up on it, perfect with perfect is already extensively covered by the entertainment media.

“All your thoughts on WW and Psycho dating do is force WW to choose a man beneath her simply to showcase that men don't need to conform but women should.”

No, actually, it makes one realize that these pressures affect both genders, not just women; how would you expect Dr. Psycho to conform with a concept of beauty that someone like Steve Trevor or Superman could meet? And, regarding the more superficial things that arguably could be controlled, something like weight issues affect men too.

“As for Cheetah, it has nothing to do with her being a female and everything to do with her history. The original was legit mentally ill, her split personality made her incapable of controlling the Cheetah side of her ... ”

Oh, no, or, at best, you’re cherry picking for Cheetah; Cheetah represents the classic and very common concept of one woman being envious of another woman and doing things to act upon her envy; being envious of Wonder Woman, Cheetah than chose to have herself cursed in order to better be able to defeat Wonder Woman; or, in another version, she was lead by greed or something and got herself cursed; there’s nothing sympathetic about that at all, it’s something that most people of low morals would do; with that said, I’d be about as sympathetic for Cheetah as I would from someone like Lex Luthor or his father, as they both fall under the same moral standards or perceptions of morality; Cheetah is a bit less means to an end like, simply because she’s probably less wealthy.

Yes the concept has been done a lot. And whatever Cheetah is sympathetic or not, psycho is not sympathetic either. WW should not date a man with his trackrecord of crimes. Try to help to rehabilitate him yes, but she would not say "look this man was mocked by women so he became a killer, i should date him, that will end the whole list of problems he has". Don't try to simplify how deep mental issues are.

“And whatever Cheetah is sympathetic or not, psycho is not sympathetic either...look this man was mocked by women so he became a killer,”

It’s Cheetah that became a routine killer, not Dr. Psycho; Cheetah is less sympathetic, because she actually became a routine killer, in the truer sense of the word, and became such for the common reasons of greed or becoming envious.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CSG_CL

@dshipp17: I listed half a dozen examples, you boiled it down to 2 distinct versions to force fit your sad little argument. I don't really know what your fetish is with Dr. Psycho and WW, but at least TRY and make an argument that isn't a complete joke. Exchanging one cliche for a different one doesn't make her a more interesting character. Taking Psycho at his word is just laughable. Over and over you drone in about poor Psycho was ugly and dismissed by women. That's not an excuse to become a rampant killer/rapist/villain/abuser of women in general. He's broken as a human and uses a few examples of "women did wrong by me" to rationalize why he acts on base instincts the rest of us would stop ourselves from acting in even if we HAD been severely bullied. It's like a racist using the Bible to justify their racism ... Does make the Bible the villain, just the thing the racist points to because they are too pathetic to own up to their own feelings.

I'm starting to believe you just want to see a strong female character debased by a twisted little man because you can't stand the idea that a woman could be powerful and not have flaws.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dshipp17

@csg_cl said:

@dshipp17: I listed half a dozen examples, you boiled it down to 2 distinct versions to force fit your sad little argument. I don't really know what your fetish is with Dr. Psycho and WW, but at least TRY and make an argument that isn't a complete joke. Exchanging one cliche for a different one doesn't make her a more interesting character. Taking Psycho at his word is just laughable. Over and over you drone in about poor Psycho was ugly and dismissed by women. That's not an excuse to become a rampant killer/rapist/villain/abuser of women in general. He's broken as a human and uses a few examples of "women did wrong by me" to rationalize why he acts on base instincts the rest of us would stop ourselves from acting in even if we HAD been severely bullied. It's like a racist using the Bible to justify their racism ... Does make the Bible the villain, just the thing the racist points to because they are too pathetic to own up to their own feelings.

I'm starting to believe you just want to see a strong female character debased by a twisted little man because you can't stand the idea that a woman could be powerful and not have flaws.

“I listed half a dozen examples, you boiled it down to 2 distinct versions to force fit your sad little argument.”

When, after seeing my comments, you said 2 distinct examples, it appeared that you got what I was saying; than, suddenly, you say 6 examples again? No, you gave 2 distinct examples and about 3 derivatives of Beauty and the Beast.

“I don't really know what your fetish is with Dr. Psycho and WW, but at least TRY and make an argument that isn't a complete joke. Exchanging one cliche for a different one doesn't make her a more interesting character.”

It should be quite clear by now, they need to write Dr. Psycho into the Wonder Woman book a lot more to better develop Dr. Psycho, as a character, and to better develop some aspects of the Wonder Woman character; as far as what I said being a joke, well, as the saying goes, everyone has their own shortsighted opinions. And, based on my comments, one of them is a very rare, little know theme (e.g. perfect with imperfect) and the other is a common entertainment theme.

“Taking Psycho at his word is just laughable. Over and over you drone in about poor Psycho was ugly and dismissed by women.”

No, taking Dr. Psycho at his word is not laughable, simply by the fact that what he’s saying is extremely plausible and likely to have happened; it would be laughable, if what he was saying was very implausible and unlikely to have happened to anyone.

“It's like a racist using the Bible to justify their racism ... Does make the Bible the villain, just the thing the racist points to because they are too pathetic to own up to their own feelings.”

No, this would not be related, because a white supremacist is acting on a superiority complex (e.g. more in the mold of the people doing the bullying) while Dr. Psycho is acting on an inferiority complex (e.g. the person who was mocked, ridiculed, and bullied). And, the Bible doesn’t support racism, least of which, among Gentiles, or Gentiles against Jews.

“I'm starting to believe you just want to see a strong female character debased by a twisted little man because you can't stand the idea that a woman could be powerful and not have flaws.”

No, I can stand a powerful woman without flaws, as I endorsed pre-crisis Wonder Woman, since she’d undergone the trial by fire; I just need post-crisis Wonder Woman to undergo this trial by fire to see how she treats Dr. Psycho in a realistic setting, as well as other male characters who have challenges with their appearance; I just want to see Dr. Psycho in the Wonder Woman book much more (e.g. as you should expect for a character antagonist), so that Dr. Psycho can be developed, as a character; and, I wouldn’t call Wonder Woman facing Dr. Psycho’s ire being debased, as a character, by him, although, perhaps, it might involve debasing her; I just want her to emerge from it, in cannon, where we now know she can understand Dr. Psycho in a sympathetic light and, thus, have earned the virtues people have presumed upon her, so far, without this evidence.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @csg_cl said:

@dshipp17: No, taking Dr. Psycho at his word is not laughable, simply by the fact that what he’s saying is extremely plausible and likely to have happened; it would be laughable, if what he was saying was very implausible and unlikely to have happened to anyone.

No it's not plausible, it's what you want to believe because it supports your spin on the character. Psycho is a psycho, even if he was mistreated and bullied, only an unstable sociopath would react the way he did. He's also weak as he blames his own behavior on others. If you read any kind of research you'd know that people who suffer from the kind of extreme bullying he claims happened to him are VASTLY more likely to harm themselves. The tiny fraction of those who go on to harm others had pre-existing mental disorders (i.e. already sociopaths). Even if (and that's a big if) his story was truly the reason he became the monster he is, it still doesn't make him sympathetic, he still possesses free-will and isn't being compelled to commit crime/murder/rape. He could choose to get help, especially since he seems to be aware enough of what happened to him to use it as an excuse.

Doesn't really matter to be me, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think the character is tremendously more interesting if he's dripping with insanity and totally non-sympathetic ... I'd love to see him as a villain that inspires fear in other villains. The type of bad guy that makes other bad guys worry about what he's going to do. Is he messing with their minds? Is he going to do something they hadn't planned on? Have him be emotionally void completely ... only thing he feels is hate for women. He should be intelligent and relentless, not some sad little side show. Make him worthy of being a top WW rogue, not someone who gets dismissed because he got beat up by a girl in high school.

I absolutely think they should explore the character, but making him some tragic victim of bullies just seems boring to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.