Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman #38 *SPOILERS*

• 51 results
    Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This was by far the best issue of James Robinsons's run. I'll say more when I get home and off my phone.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueThemyscira

It felt good to see Diana without a sword and shield for most of the issue. I hope theres a good fight between Silver Swan and WW and we get good feats out of it. I thought the writing was better in the very beginning of his run but it went downhill after the whole Darkseid thing but this book wasn't as bad.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Robinson lost his mojo or he's phoning it in because it's amateur hour right now in Wonder Woman, this issue was actually quite reminiscent of the days Meredith Finch wrote Wonder Woman. She seems to let everybody down these days - Etta, Barbara, Vanessa, jason, Donna, I believe she's not on good terms with Bruce, everyone's mad at Wonder Woman jeez

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He certainly phoned in the last arc.

The art was beautiful and I have to respect the choice of making Jason such a douche. Hero or villain yeah, but no one saw an over dramatic slacker coming. That's innovative and sort of realistic. Hopefully he'll soon become estranged from his sister and be a victim some serious bad guy uses to get back at Diana. Found dead in an alley will do, maybe with a needle in his arm.

The Silver Swan stuff was rushed, so much so Vanessa had to have a screw loose before her tragic accident. She was too needy and clingy. Who could blame Diana for distancing herself? I appreciated the change in Julia's hair color so it didn't feel like this was my Kapetellis family, but some other alternate dimension version, so when she died off panel it wasn't a real loss. Also it was cool that Vanessa seemed to come by her abilities and madness without being manipulated by some outside force, like all the other Silver Swans.

No Caption Provided

I'm not crazy about the spats, the dots, fringe or the wrapped gauntlets with inexplicable closures, but I can live with it.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was certainly better then The Darkseid conundrum, that's not saying much but still something.

I was hoping she'd be more cybernetic then that though. I hope Dr.Cyber gives her an upgrade soon.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: I think the random dots are supposed to represent the nanites empowering her.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: I think the random dots are supposed to represent the nanites empowering her.

Possibly, still hoping she goes back to being more cybernetic.

Avatar image for deactivated-6264b2a061084
    deactivated-6264b2a061084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Robinson lost his mojo or he's phoning it in because it's amateur hour right now in Wonder Woman, this issue was actually quite reminiscent of the days Meredith Finch wrote Wonder Woman. She seems to let everybody down these days - Etta, Barbara, Vanessa, jason, Donna, I believe she's not on good terms with Bruce, everyone's mad at Wonder Woman jeez

I don't think she let Vanessa down. I just took it as "She can't be in all places at all times". Also why do you think Diana is not on good terms with Bruce?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Archizooom

@comicfan_60: No she's just very busy but Vanessa feels that Wonder Woman let her down and that has been a constant theme over the last few years, people close to Wonder Woman feel that way. She's gonna guess star in Batman next week and I believe they're having a falling out. Diana's coming off a little bit unlikable to me, she's preachy, she talks weird, doesn't use contractions, stuff like that only makes Wonder Woman seem like she's no fun to be around. I want Simone to take over Wonder Woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan_60: No she's just very busy but Vanessa feels that Wonder Woman let her down and that has been a constant theme over the last few years, people close to Wonder Woman feel that way. She's gonna guess star in Batman next week and I believe they're having a falling out. Diana's coming off a little bit unlikable to me, she's preachy, she talks weird, doesn't use contractions, stuff like that only makes Wonder Woman seem like she's no fun to be around. I want Simone to take over Wonder Woman

I think thats more because Robinson writes her in a very different tone than the Diana we are used to. She seems more impulsive than usual. Most of the writers make this mistake when they write Diana. Being impulsive takes away the wise and understanding tone she usually has. I don't like impulsive Diana either.

She is going to guest star in Batman 39 and 40. I think that synopsis is supposed to be satirical. Issue 36 and 37 had similar synopsis with superman in it and it just turned out to be a fun talky talky issue. I'm actually super excited about it. Tom king is a good writer. He also teased an image with Batman wearing wonder woman's armor lol. I think its going be a very fun issue.

I would love Simone to take over WW as well but that seems unlikely now. She is going to write Domino for marvel and a bunch of other indie titles. Well there are still 2 issues of WW/conan left yet. I think issue 5 comes out next week.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

This was... poor, to be honest. On one hand all of Diana's pages are about Jason... again. On the other hand it's a summary of Julia's history, and it's not good. It wasn't very good originally when her motivation was jealousy over over the appearance of Cassandra Sandsmark, it was just sad when it was turned to brainwashing and body horror... but it ended as well as it could with Julia withdrawing from the book all together. But now its that very same story thats back here, and it's still not very good for any villain to be motivated largely by jealousy... especially not when it then turns to murderous jealousy, which is the point where you should stop feeling sorry for her.

The one thing I found interesting about this however was how she gets the wings this time around by involving Cyborg in it. On the other hand, I think it's bananas that something like it, because the patient is upset, is able to grow wings and talons... Like Batgirl also went through and experimental treatment and now has a chip in her head to make her able to walk, if we applied the WW logic to her then she'd get cross one day and take over the internet. :S

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: The more I go back to it the more I realize just how bad it is. I'm glad Julia didn't get any lines, just killing her off like that was in poor taste.

I like the idea of Vannesa being manipulated just was thinking it would be Cyber that does it, hence where she gets her tech.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

For me, this was a great job on giving Wonder Woman a voice, finally. I talking with Jason finally allowed one to understand how Wonder Woman feels compassion; but, with her alternate actions as a warrior, it makes her have something of a dual personality, but maybe this is a new beginning, maybe Robinson is planning to scrap one direction to start a new direction; I hope he keeps writing in that manner. And Jason having a house party? Really adolescent like; no offense to children and the young, just critiquing what should be a fully grown, developed man, as he's the same age as Wonder Woman.

But, we get that ending, with Silver Swan as this type of villain, because Wonder Woman stopping visiting her at the hospital and didn't come to her mother's funeral? She must have been somewhat off before the incident that broke her back or things happened in the interim.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88 said:

@outside_85: The more I go back to it the more I realize just how bad it is. I'm glad Julia didn't get any lines, just killing her off like that was in poor taste.

I like the idea of Vannesa being manipulated just was thinking it would be Cyber that does it, hence where she gets her tech.

I guess Julia doesn't have a place in the rebirth version of Wonder woman. In the perez run she was her introduction to the outside world. But in this story that phase has already passed.

I prefer this origin of Vanessa because it gives her a little more personality in the sense that she becomes a villain because of her own design and not the usual "bad stuff happens to people close to superheroes". But then again, it might also be true that she is being manipulated by Dr. Cyber.

Although unless I'm missing something, I don't understand how she went from brooding in her room to silver swan in a day?

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Julia doesn't have a place in the rebirth version of Wonder woman. In the perez run she was her introduction to the outside world. But in this story that phase has already passed.

I prefer this origin of Vanessa because it gives her a little more personality in the sense that she becomes a villain because of her own design and not the usual "bad stuff happens to people close to superheroes". But then again, it might also be true that she is being manipulated by Dr. Cyber.

Although unless I'm missing something, I don't understand how she went from brooding in her room to silver swan in a day?

Its a shame because I liked Julia. She was a great addition to Diana's supporting roster.

That's why I'm thinking and hoping Dr .Cyber is behind the transformation, if not Robinson then another writer. Using Cyber as a lighting rod of sorts for Diana's more earth bound and/or syfy villains would help expand her universe.

That's just what happens when you make a villain origin in one issue.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88 said:

this is basically the gist of it, originally Vanessa and Julia had many issues to get themselves established as parts of Diana's world before tragedy and horror struck them. Here all that time is being condensed to half an issue and we readers are being asked to give two poops about this girl that's otherwise been absent for more than 10 years of publishing and suffered one complete reboot in the meantime.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Vanessa being manipulated by someone (and that someone being Dr. Cyber) did cross my mind and it would be a nice twist.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanessa being manipulated by someone (and that someone being Dr. Cyber) did cross my mind and it would be a nice twist.

Undermined a lot by the lack of evidence it being the case.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@comicman24 said:

Won't disagree but we are still at the beginning of the arc, so you never know.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
    @comicman24 said:

Won't disagree but we are still at the beginning of the arc, so you never know.

True. But normally there are hints even at this stage, especially when the story is this short.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it would be better if someone like aaron wrote wondy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:

Can you explain?.

aaron pretty much blends mythology with cosmicity,it means she won't be earth bound for most of the time,being earth bound isn't fitting for a supposed high tier,secondly the fights aaron write are masterpieces(just check mangog vs war thor),he is known to write some of the best fights in comics with generally characters getting great feats,thirdly aaron creates great villains(gorr,queen of sind'r) and writes the previous ones better(his current mangog is a beast).

on top of all of this he is outright a feminist(the reason for his current book being trash) since diana more or less represents feminism,imo he would write her better without making her a sword and shield esque and would give her great feats,after all some of current unworthy thor's feats are insane thanks to aaron some of which are legit superman and better than them,before that i don't recall unworthy thor performing such feats.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom said:

Dear God NOoooooooo! I just tried reading Gail's Wonder Woman/Conan and was reminded why I dislike her writing of Diana so much. In issue 2 she mentioned that damn "hunter's moon" and I had to stop right there. It's just so flowery, pretentious and stupid. The Crows in that book talk exactly like The Crows in Wonder Woman, even though the first are witches and the second are children. I can't deal with all the corny ass jokes that usually seem to have something to do with monkeys, pigs or bodily functions. Then there's the voice of Diana herself that sounds just like you described, yet also stiff, formal and like a fake Asguardian. If she comes back I'm out for the duration.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:

Can you explain?.

aaron pretty much blends mythology with cosmicity,it means she won't be earth bound for most of the time,being earth bound isn't fitting for a supposed high tier,secondly the fights aaron write are masterpieces(just check mangog vs war thor),he is known to write some of the best fights in comics with generally characters getting great feats,thirdly aaron creates great villains(gorr,queen of sind'r) and writes the previous ones better(his current mangog is a beast).

on top of all of this he is outright a feminist(the reason for his current book being trash) since diana more or less represents feminism,imo he would write her better without making her a sword and shield esque and would give her great feats,after all some of current unworthy thor's feats are insane thanks to aaron some of which are legit superman and better than them,before that i don't recall unworthy thor performing such feats.

Being a feminist doesn't have to be a bad thing though. Also Diana doesn't get as much badass moments because her own company "hates" her. She doesn't even have her own editorial like batman and superman was it that right or i made a mistake?. @masterwitcher88 .

So how could we know they would allow aaron to do great things with her: She had A list writers these past years, but appearantly the passion wasn't there. So i think there is something fishy. Her villains aren't bad, they aren't used much, and some aren't always used right outside her title. Poor Cheetah can comfirm that. I would like a honest great, badass run, not an agenda run. I mean her creation had to do with the feminist movement. But Marston era was natural portraying a strong female. She didn't have to go around beating other heros to prove that she was a powerhouse, intelligent and badass, she simply was, with her own catalogue of feats. A powerhouse, a scientist, a warrior, a princess, a diplomat. How come a writer could take on those themes plus sexual liberation, homosexuality, racism, etc in the freaking 40s, and writers in 2018 can only give us a bad mix of hercules and xena?.

This is pretty much true, DC has a horrible track record with Diana. Last time I checked she doesn't have her own office and her editorial team was batman's. Technically speaking the main point of an editorial team in comics is to receive the script and read it for content and continuity, and asks for rewrites if necessary. Diana doesn't have her own team so her continuity gets shambled and the content is lack luster. Though I think its less DC purposely bringing Diana down and more like the company doesn't care.

I happen to have read some of Aaron's run and it's not bad. So I wouldn't mind it. Especially if Russell Dauterman is drawing I LOVE his art work.

No Caption Provided

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By destinyman75

DC doesn't even like her, they should let her go to marvel (I wish). Tired of Diana not getting the credit the deserves. As for this ark it's ok, but I like the Idea of Aron taking over

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:

Can you explain?.

Being a feminist doesn't have to be a bad thing though. Also Diana doesn't get as much badass moments because her own company "hates" her. She doesn't even have her own editorial like batman and superman was it that right or i made a mistake?. @masterwitcher88 .

So how could we know they would allow aaron to do great things with her: She had A list writers these past years, but appearantly the passion wasn't there. So i think there is something fishy. Her villains aren't bad, they aren't used much, and some aren't always used right outside her title. Poor Cheetah can comfirm that. I would like a honest great, badass run, not an agenda run. I mean her creation had to do with the feminist movement. But Marston era was natural portraying a strong female. She didn't have to go around beating other heros to prove that she was a powerhouse, intelligent and badass, she simply was, with her own catalogue of feats. A powerhouse, a scientist, a warrior, a princess, a diplomat. How come a writer could take on those themes plus sexual liberation, homosexuality, racism, etc in the freaking 40s, and writers in 2018 can only give us a bad mix of hercules and xena?.

This is pretty much true, DC has a horrible track record with Diana. Last time I checked she doesn't have her own office and her editorial team was batman's. Technically speaking the main point of an editorial team in comics is to receive the script and read it for content and continuity, and asks for rewrites if necessary. Diana doesn't have her own team so her continuity gets shambled and the content is lack luster. Though I think its less DC purposely bringing Diana down and more like the company doesn't care.

I happen to have read some of Aaron's run and it's not bad. So I wouldn't mind it. Especially if Russell Dauterman is drawing I LOVE his art work.

No Caption Provided

I agree with this, the Thor book is awesome I only wish Wonder Woman was as good.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dshipp17

@scorpio_cassadine said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:

Can you explain?.

No Caption Provided

I agree with this, the Thor book is awesome I only wish Wonder Woman was as good.

It looks like things are getting too carried away here, but, some months ago, I added that Wonder Woman wasn't and shouldn't be all rooted in Greek Mythology; that's the mistaken approach, since they started it with JMS/Hester, but especially starting with Azz; she should be drama and sci-fi related, one being what seems to be at the end of this issue and introducing Darkseid, the other, to gradually ease her out of this (false/misguided) impression that she should be all rooted in Greek Mythology, all the time (e.g. and again, bringing another pointing, Thor is because Thor is literally a Norse character, while Wonder Woman is not literally a Greek Mythology character; if you want that, than should should be looking for a book featuring a character like Athena or Hera, which would be equivalent to Thor); now, as Messner-Loebs and Luke did, she can touch a bit into Christianity; and, with this, bringing in Dr. Psycho and developing him for the long term, that would add both drama and sci-fi, as he's a genus scientist, or was originally created that way; and, than, of course, the constantly being picked on my women due to his looks drove him into his current course.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TrueThemyscira

@dshipp17 said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:

Can you explain?.

No Caption Provided

It looks like things are getting too carried away here, but, some months ago, I added that Wonder Woman wasn't and shouldn't be all rooted in Greek Mythology; that's the mistaken approach, since they started it with JMS/Hester, but especially starting with Azz; she should be drama and sci-fi related, one being what seems to be at the end of this issue and introducing Darkseid, the other, to gradually ease her out of this (false/misguided) impression that she should be all rooted in Greek Mythology, all the time (e.g. and again, bringing another pointing, Thor is because Thor is literally a Norse character, while Wonder Woman is not literally a Greek Mythology character; if you want that, than should should be looking for a book featuring a character like Athena or Hera, which would be equivalent to Thor); now, as Messner-Loebs and Luke did, she can touch a bit into Christianity; and, with this, bringing in Dr. Psycho and developing him for the long term, that would add both drama and sci-fi, as he's a genus scientist, or was originally created that way; and, than, of course, the constantly being picked on my women due to his looks drove him into his current course.

WW wasn't created to be so rooted into Greek mythology anyways. Marston mixed up a lot of elements with WW when he was writing her such as utopias/dystopias, real life events, mythological themes, sci-fi, fantasy, etc. The concept of WW is also very different from Thor...Idk why they are compared. While Thor is an actual character in Norse myth, WW isn't an actual character of a Greek myth. Perez and Azzarello definitely made Greek myth more prominent in her comics/mythos though.

I don't mind WW touching on religious concepts but it could get messy if it isn't handled correctly imo. As for Dr. Psycho, I think he can be a really good villain for WW if done right by writers by showing how insane he is, his backstory, motives, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

Being a feminist doesn't have to be a bad thing though.

ok?

Also Diana doesn't get as much badass moments because her own company "hates" her.

not a legitimate argument,no company hates their characters,its just that some writers are incapaable of writing her.

She doesn't even have her own editorial like batman and superman was it that right or i made a mistake?.

honestly,don't know anything about this.

So how could we know they would allow aaron to do great things with her.

afaik editorials don't mess with aaron's work,one of the biggest issues in marvel these days,the reason she doesn't get good stories in her own book is because writers aren't capable of writing and TBH she sucks as a earth bound hero.that's why i think aaron could write her well considering that he blends mythology with cosmic villains even though he sucks as a thor writer.

She had A list writers these past years, but appearantly the passion wasn't there. So i think there is something fishy.

i'll re-iterate again,the company doesn't hate her,it's that she doesn't have good writers.

Her villains aren't bad, they aren't used much, and some aren't always used right outside her title. Poor Cheetah can comfirm that.

IMO she needs some great villains, i mean cosmic ones,earth bound villains suck including cheetah,the only one i found great was ares though there could be any other i know nothing about.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dshipp17

@dshipp17 said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:

Can you explain?.

No Caption Provided

WW wasn't created to be so rooted into Greek mythology anyways. Marston mixed up a lot of elements with WW when he was writing her such as utopias/dystopias, real life events, mythological themes, sci-fi, fantasy, etc. The concept of WW is also very different from Thor...Idk why they are compared. While Thor is an actual character in Norse myth, WW isn't an actual character of a Greek myth. Perez and Azzarello definitely made Greek myth more prominent in her comics/mythos though.

I don't mind WW touching on religious concepts but it could get a bit messy if it isn't handled correctly imo. As for Dr. Psycho, I think he can be a really good villain for WW if done right by writers by showing how insane he is, his backstory, etc.

Yes, it looks like we fully agree on these issues.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

@agent41:

Being a feminist doesn't have to be a bad thing though.

ok?

Also Diana doesn't get as much badass moments because her own company "hates" her.

not a legitimate argument,no company hates their characters,its just that some writers are incapaable of writing her.

She doesn't even have her own editorial like batman and superman was it that right or i made a mistake?.

So how could we know they would allow aaron to do great things with her.

afaik editorials don't mess with aaron's work,one of the biggest issues in marvel these days,the reason she doesn't get good stories in her own book is because writers aren't capable of writing and TBH she sucks as a earth bound hero.that's why i think aaron could write her well considering that he blends mythology with cosmic villains even though he sucks as a thor writer.

She had A list writers these past years, but appearantly the passion wasn't there. So i think there is something fishy.

i'll re-iterate again,the company doesn't hate her,it's that she doesn't have good writers.

Her villains aren't bad, they aren't used much, and some aren't always used right outside her title. Poor Cheetah can comfirm that.

IMO she needs some great villains, i mean cosmic ones,earth bound villains suck including cheetah,the only one i found great was ares though there could be any other i know nothing about.

Why do you consider the God of War an earth bound villain?

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:

No Caption Provided

I don't mind WW touching on religious concepts but it could get a bit messy if it isn't handled correctly imo. As for Dr. Psycho, I think he can be a really good villain for WW if done right by writers by showing how insane he is, his backstory, motives, etc.

Yes, lets have a character that's origin is centered around her being a clay sculpture brought to life by the breath of the Gods with her first mission being to stop the War God Ares and NOT bring in more Greek Myth focus? that makes sense. (sarcasm)

For the record I'm not against her having space adventures or anything of that sorts but all those concepts Marston incorporated can be applied to myth. I compare Diana to Thor because on the surface their virtually the same character (Diana is obviously far faster then Thor though).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: when I mentioning her earth bound villains I wasn't targeting ares,it was cheetah I was referring to,ares isn't earth bound

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By masterwitcher88

@mowjack said:

@masterwitcher88: when I mentioning her earth bound villains I wasn't targeting ares,it was cheetah I was referring to,ares isn't earth bound

Got it. Cheetah isn't entirely earthbound either though, she is the avatar/wife of a God after all.

I have to disagree on her villains being poor or uninteresting, they have great MOs (for comic book villains) and she honestly has some of the most powerful villains in all of DC; Ares, Kronos, Circe, Queen of Fables just to name a few. The main problem is their almost never used because every writer thinks they can "do a better" Wonder Woman then the last so they create new ones rather then help establish the ones she already has or her villains are used by other characters to show for example how Batman or Green Arrow could "beat" someone like cheetah.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Outside_85

@mowjack said:

I wouldn't be opposed to that. His Thor run is good, but it gets flack by Thor fans because it's not their Thor right now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I am a Thor fan and yes the book is trash,but if Thor was Thor and Jane was Jane the run would have been amazing,after all the war of realms is a great idea and current mangog is amazing.

IMO Aaron could actually expand Diana's mythos,and give her some good stories.but meh all of this is just speculation

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Itachus17

ok?

I think that was just a missunderstanding.

DC doesn't hate Wonder Woman(especially not currently), but they are well known for an incredible bad track record with her. And that is not always just the writers fault, just read a bit about the end of the Gearge Perez run(DC acted literally comically stupid there and did everything as wrong as possible).

It's usually the Superman or the Batman editorial(which also explains a lot of typical problems) that also works on her.

afaik editorials don't mess with aaron's work,one of the biggest issues in marvel these days

Well but that is just in Marvel and would be different in DC.

the reason she doesn't get good stories in her own book is because writers aren't capable of writing

That is indeed partly correct, but not the only reason.

and TBH she sucks as a earth bound hero.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with that?

Do you mean she should become a Space Pirate again?

that's why i think aaron could write her well considering that he blends mythology with cosmic villains even though he sucks as a thor writer.

Possibly, but that is also a question of the Editorial and limitations he would get from DC.

Well another problem is that some writers(not necessarily bad) have a wrong picture of her in their mind, also DC's questionable decisions.

IMO she needs some great villains, i mean cosmic ones

She has actually a lot of these, but they get just rarely used barring the Olympian Gods.

earth bound villains suck including cheetah

You can't get rid of Cheetah, due to her being the only one who got rly pushed by DC in the past.

But Cheetah has actually potential due to being godly empowered, also was the Zoom team up(where he also trained here) imo a good idea.

the only one i found great was ares though there could be any other i know nothing about.

Well there would be also(the ones i wouldn't rly call earthbound):

Post Crisis:

• Circe of course(her and Ares are Diana's best villains imho)
    • Hades(i guess you know him in general?)
    • The Queen of Fables(pretty powerful reality warper)
    • Deimos, Phobos, etc...(Ares children)
    • Cronus(a well known Titan, i guess you know him in general?) and Devastation(his creation, dark mirror of Diana)
    • White Magician(wizard/demon fusion)
    • Dark Angel(Donna Troy from Universe 7)
    • Titan, Oblivion, etc...(Cronus siblings)
    • Genocide(kind of Bizzaro Diana)
    • Trinity(a virus of destruction)
    • and as minor villains: Etrigan(a pretty powerful demon) and Nekron(Lord of Death)

Pre Crisis(excluding all who also appeared in Post Crisis):

• Hecate(Goddess of Witchcraf)
    • Eviless(Queen of Saturn/Subatomic World within Saturn)
    • Strife(Daughter of Ares and Goddess of Discord)
    • Queen Atomia(Queen of a subatomic universe)
    • Osira(Alien with very powerful TP, who was one of the Ancient Egypt Gods in the past)
    • Astarte Empress of the Silver Snake(Space Villain who was actually the spirit of Hippolyta's sister Diana)
    • Tezcatlipoca(Aztec trickster god, was a partner of Circe)

I didn't list New52, cause that were mostly just remakes of older villains besides First Born and Grail.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

Then why they always allow other to throw her verse under the bus, as use her as a stepping stone for other characters.

you must be thinking about the darkseid incident,could be true if darkseid jobs to superman,but then again if they elevate him to thanos levels i see no problem in that,after all i think they are setting up a big event just like marvel did with secret wars.

How come some of the writers she had these past years, have great stories for other characters that they have writen?.

first thing is the current books aren't written by the writers who wrote her few years back,it is as simple as that.

Cheetah doesn't suck, she is just badly used by some.

blame the writers.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom said:

Dear God NOoooooooo! I just tried reading Gail's Wonder Woman/Conan and was reminded why I dislike her writing of Diana so much. In issue 2 she mentioned that damn "hunter's moon" and I had to stop right there. It's just so flowery, pretentious and stupid. The Crows in that book talk exactly like The Crows in Wonder Woman, even though the first are witches and the second are children. I can't deal with all the corny ass jokes that usually seem to have something to do with monkeys, pigs or bodily functions. Then there's the voice of Diana herself that sounds just like you described, yet also stiff, formal and like a fake Asguardian. If she comes back I'm out for the duration.

Simone's a far better writer than this.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Archizooom

@comicfan_60: Just finished reading Batman 39 and now I wish they'd fallen out lol Wonder Woman was just bait to test Bruce and Selena's relationship it turns out, she's got no POV, Steve's not even mentioned, she's only there to tempt the Batman really. Also WW wouldn't be WW if she didn't take a jab at his manhood, only to succumb to it a page later. Not his finest hour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan_60: Just finished reading Batman 39 and now I wish they'd fallen out lol Wonder Woman was just bait to test Bruce and Selena's relationship it turns out, she's got no POV, Steve's not even mentioned, she's only there to tempt the Batman really. Also WW wouldn't be WW if she didn't take a jab at his manhood, only to succumb to it a page later. Appalling stuff

I agree with this. Was so disappointed with this. Action comics 761 did this better in the sense that atleast there was equal respect for Diana and Clark. Here as you stated she is just a plot point to test Bruce's integrity. To argue it, was the same in Action comics 761 but alteast her character was well written. Here its like lets put Bruce's character to test using another superhero and lets just completely forget that the other superhero also has a character.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan_60: yeah we got Wonder Woman bathing in the river, another close up of her butt and everything, I mean dude come on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: Yup that all and the cringy dialogue. Just horrible

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TrueThemyscira

Some of y'all took my previous comments too far. But anyways, DC is still trash for treating WW like utter crap and I'll go as far as saying they destroyed the purpose of her character completely. They're not even trying anymore.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

@outside_85: I am a Thor fan and yes the book is trash,but if Thor was Thor and Jane was Jane the run would have been amazing,after all the war of realms is a great idea and current mangog is amazing.

IMO Aaron could actually expand Diana's mythos,and give her some good stories.but meh all of this is just speculation

I don't get that argument. I've read Thor off and on all my life and you get the same feel from both the Mighty and the Unworthy. Aaron gives me everything I want from a Thor comic.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mowjack said:

Can you explain?.

No Caption Provided

It's not an either/or proposition. Part of the beauty of Wonder Woman is that she can work well in various types of stories. Nothing should be off the table.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine:

I don't get that argument. I've read Thor off and on all my life and you get the same feel from both the Mighty and the Unworthy. Aaron gives me everything I want from a Thor comic.

not really ,because jane isn't thor and thor isn't a title.aaron butchered mjolnir's origins and several other thor related stuff,only the fights have been good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.