Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8932 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 27 ur thoughts?

• 73 results
    Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

anyone want to guess what WW is up to

1st born is going f up Apollo for all the torture

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

say it all,i bet is another boring issue.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gokuwarrior

@saren said:
    @gokuwarrior said:

@darknightspideyfanboy said:

say it all,i bet is another boring issue.

Yup, she didn't even smash a planet in half at the speed of light or anything. What a draaaag.

like if that was necesary to make one interesting fight,in perez,ruka or simone runs WW never destroyed a planet or fought at light speed,yet you don't see me complaining do you?,so get your facts right for once in your life.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I already knew who'd be complaining in this thread before I clicked it. Amazing

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and i knew you would be talking about it,that is more amazing.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Outside_85

Cassandra has unleashed The Gimp!

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't comicvine review Wonder Woman anymore?

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm, finally, Diana's got a plan. Maybe she has learned enough lessons and is growing to a wise leader. I am expecting an epic war between her and FB+Cassandra.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Best issue since 23.

I think this series would read better as trade but i read it as single issues.

The series always seems to get a lot better when most of the stuff happens. (#6,12,18,23) or when the trades end.

Also Cliff Chaing is back on art for this issue! and for #28 and 29

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snascimento: Issues 24 and 25 were reviewed. But it's normally on and off.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thought it was a great issue. Comic Vine seems a bit anti Wonder Woman at the moment, this issue would have been a shoe in for 5 stars, I reckon.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: For some reason it's just not one of the books Tony, Gregg or Matt review, being the mainstays of the site, while it was Sarah who reviewed it on a monthly basis before Jen took over.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another great issue in azz's run, the scene with hera crying... right in the feels. i'm pretty sure diana lost on purpose, that smile says everything. this book is a great example of what happens when you DONT interfere with passionate writer. reminds me of brubaker's run on catwoman.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great issue, I liked seeing WW showing some vulnerability as well as her conversation with Hera.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did I think of WW #27? There's an old song that says it best... "You got me going in circles ohohohhhh round and round I go..."

Who needs another round of Apollo torturing First Born, Artemis fighting Wonder Woman again (but Diana gives up this time), a six page truffle hunt or WW going back to Paradise Island only to cry at a statue? I don't.

It's more of the same boring decompressed storytelling that's got people dropping the book month after month.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By dshipp17  Online

@scorpio_cassadine said:

What did I think of WW #27? There's an old song that says it best... "You got me going in circles ohohohhhh round and round I go..."

Who needs another round of Apollo torturing First Born, Artemis fighting Wonder Woman again (but Diana gives up this time), a six page truffle hunt or WW going back to Paradise Island only to cry at a statue? I don't.

It's more of the same boring decompressed storytelling that's got people dropping the book month after month.

The submitting to Artemis was very Marston like; submitting to Artemis was intended to compel/fool Artemis into helping her find Zola, when otherwise, Artemis was unlikely to help and Wonder Woman unlikely to find Zola; I really hope Azzarello is planning to now go with the Marston approach; more of this issue could have been devoted to Wonder Woman's plan involving Artemis, but I can understand what Azzarello is trying to accomplish with multiple plots in single issues; skipped the opportunity to have Wonder Woman barefoot and have her but her boots back on her feet, while on Paradise Island.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: um you do know what happen during the torture Apollo tell 1st born submit to him 1st born say f yourself he will not submit to him apollo smile 1st born break the chain and start to choke Apollo out btw if he kill Apollo hello new sun god and king of Olympus

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best issue since 23.

The series always seems to get a lot better when most of the stuff happens. (#6,12,18,23) or when the trades end.

Best issue since 23.2 you mean, the First Born's origin story was solid, but other than that yeah, I agree with you. The transitional phase after Ares's death was a little bit awkward and wobbly but the series seems to have found its feet again.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Netshyster

Why don't you go ahead and drop the book too then?

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster: #23.2 was probably the low point of the series but still good in my opinion

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster: #23.2 was probably the low point of the series but still good in my opinion

I would say issues 24-26 have been the 'misses' so far personally. #23.2, at least for me, was right up there with the previous issues in the run, excepting #23.1, which I don't acknowledge.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster: i should've said run instead of series .

I read that .1 issue aswell and thought it was mediocre at best.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: You don't need to read the book at all if its boring you so much.

Only thing that really bothers me, which isn't a big thing, is; Why would Artemis, out of everyone on Olympus that Diana's been bumping heads with over the last two years actually help her?

Like after the beating she took in London, Artemis should know that Diana wasn't going to fall over with any ease even within Artemis' own shrine (I guess we can call it that) without there being a reason behind it.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By r2datu

@scorpio_cassadine: You don't need to read the book at all if its boring you so much.

Only thing that really bothers me, which isn't a big thing, is; Why would Artemis, out of everyone on Olympus that Diana's been bumping heads with over the last two years actually help her?

Like after the beating she took in London, Artemis should know that Diana wasn't going to fall over with any ease even within Artemis' own shrine (I guess we can call it that) without there being a reason behind it.

I suppose you could chalk it down to the arrogance of the gods, with Artemis no doubt believing that Diana isn't in her league and only got lucky the first times. Plus, they were in Artemis' own realm so that was another boost to her confidence.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster: i should've said run instead of series .

I read that .1 issue aswell and thought it was mediocre at best.

Don't know why they bothered at all considering Cheetah is nowhere to be found in Azz's run.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It happens that way because that's the way Azz wants it to, it doesn't matter that it doesn't make a lot of sense, or that it's out of character.

That's one of my beefs with his run, you can clearly see him behind the curtain putting this puzzle together and when a piece doesn't fit, he cheats and hammers it into place.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Outside_85

@scorpio_cassadine said:

It happens that way because that's the way Azz wants it to, it doesn't matter that it doesn't make a lot of sense, or that it's out of character.

That's one of my beefs with his run, you can clearly see him behind the curtain putting this puzzle together and when a piece doesn't fit, he cheats and hammers it into place.

So he's just like every other writer who has a personality?

Sorry, but I think the real answer is slightly more sophisticated than that.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster said:

@scouts1998 said:

Best issue since 23.

Best issue since 23.2 you mean, the First Born's origin story was solid, but other than that yeah, I agree with you. The transitional phase after Ares's death was a little bit awkward and wobbly but the series seems to have found its feet again.

There was much speculation from Azz fans that WW would get a power boost since becoming the God of War, but so far nothing's come of it. She even has to still wear shoes. You'd think since she's beaten Artemis twice with her semi-regular powers, that she'd mop the floor up with her, now that her own powers are combined with Ares', but that's not the case. Instead of enlisting a vast army of (un)dead soldiers to find Zola, she has to "lovingly submit" to Artemis, just so Azz can throw in a Golden Age term to show us he's halfway familiar with Marston.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: You have most likely noticed that Diana hasn't accepted the role of War, she even gets upset that Strife not terribly subtly tried to goad her into it with the helmet, which I personally think is a big part of why she hasn't changed.

Also as it happens, Diana has reasons for deliberately loosing the fight;

• Zola cant be found by Gods, thanks to the pin Strife gave Zeke.
    • Despite this, Diana is placing her hopes on the Goddess of the Hunt being able to do so faster than someone like Batman or ARGUS being able to build a 'god tracker' from scratch.
    • It's never been in Diana's character (unless you are Geoff Johns) that she would wipe the floor with anyone who she needs to help her.
    kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu: @kidstandout: there is nothing deep and complex in trashzello's work for WW,his version is a naive,lost and weak girl rejected by most people that know her,and the story has almost 0 development since it started,they haven't had much progress with all the baby drama after more than 2 years.

sorry i ran out of troll snacks to feed you, try again later

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu: @kidstandout: there is nothing deep and complex in trashzello's work for WW,his version is a naive,lost and weak girl rejected by most people that know her,and the story has almost 0 development since it started,they haven't had much progress with all the baby drama after more than 2 years.

As spoken by someone who clearly doesn't read the book.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kidstandout

@outside_85 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

wasn't this the same derp who said they don't even call diana wonder woman in her solo? lol pathetic

edit my mistake, it was his twin sinestri. though clearly you can see his trolling first hand when read his next couple posts on this thread. people don't bother responding.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gokuwarrior

@outside_85 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

i read most of it,and you are one of his 18.000 fans,LOL what amazing support that trashzello has,he wish he could pray the gods to save his run from flopping harder.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gokuwarrior

@kidstandout said:

@outside_85 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

wasn't this the same derp who said they don't even call diana wonder woman in her solo? lol pathetic

i never said that trahzello fan,trashzello is floppiing with this run,nobody is buying that trash,most people know this garbage is not wonder woman,it's not a hero/warrior book.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kidchipotle

I kind of look forward to it now, he's one of those, dare I say, haters who entertains.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare said:

I kind of look forward to it now, he's one of those, dare I say, haters who entertains.

vomitzello fans are so sensitive,anybody saying that his run is not good is a hater,what a good logic.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the issue was awesome. I was a little cheeky about this series for a while because I wanted something other than this baby story but honestly I've warmed up to it and really enjoy it now.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: 18,000? where did you get that number from?

vomitzello's run has like 18.000 buyers in the US,his trash only sells like 200.000 worldwide.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

i read most of it,and you are one of his 18.000 fans,LOL what amazing support that trashzello has,he wish he could pray the gods to save his run from flopping harder.

Funny, I recall you stating previously that you weren't buying the book; so am I to assume you are either stealing the issue or just imagining whats going on?

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kidstandout
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: 32,000(december 2013) in the US actually. where do you get your number from?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

@outside_85 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

Funny, I recall you stating previously that you weren't buying the book; so am I to assume you are either stealing the issue or just imagining whats going on?

i bought until issue 20,the rest i have a friend that still buys the run and he lent me the other issues that i didn't buy.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By PeppeyHare

@gokuwarrior: You aren't a hater for not liking something. You're a hater if you constantly go out of your way to spew your dislike for something, and insult others who do.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gokuwarrior

@darknightspideyfanboy: @kidstandout: 32.000 in the US,LOL,one of the biggest comic icons,and trashzello has ruined her career,yes trashzello's run is a flop in the US and worldwide,how much do you think that trash has sold worldwide?,get your facts right,most people don't buy bhis trashy run.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kidstandout
    @peppeyhare said:

@gokuwarrior: You aren't a hater for not liking something. You're a hater if you constantly go out of your way to spew your dislike for something, and insult others who do.

QFT

i like how he was just proven wrong and tries to say were the ones not checking facts lol trolling at it's best.

edit last month she was just outside the top 50 best selling comics out of 450 titles, and according to this link, how can she have a global total sales of 200,000 when maintained atleast 40k since 2011 in the us alone?http://comicbookrevolution.net/images/stories/Sales_Charts/Low/Wonder_Woman_Sales.png.

fail troll is fail troll

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.