Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 2: Movie Discussion Thread

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

EXCLUSIVE: WONDER WOMAN 2 Villain Revealed:

thathashtagshow.com/2018/02/exclusive-wonder-woman-2-villain-revealed/

"The film is said to follow Diana Prince into the 1980s where she will (somehow) reunite with Steve Trevor to take on the now dissolved Soviet Union. According to our source, somewhere in that mix will be the classic DC comics’ villainess Cheetah. You won’t have to dig too deeply into Google to discover that Cheetah sits atop the most wanted list of a large percentage of DC fans, but this is no fan fiction. With just 3 months until filming and with the polished script from Geoff Johns and Dave Callaham in hand, Warner Bros. is on the prowl for their Cheetah and though it’s by no means a done deal at this point, we are told the studio was eyeing actress Emma Stone for the role, but we recently confirmed that she has passed on the role."

Its as some of us feared. I don't have a lot of faith in this TBH and I especially hate Diana in the past.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MasterSkywalker

Eh, not feeling the overall DCEU especially the sequel to this. It'll likely put me to sleep like the previous entry. I'd try to contain any sort of excitement, but at this point it would be the equivalent of faking a climax.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5 higherpower  Moderator

Eh, not feeling the overall DCEU especially the sequel to this. It'll likely put me to sleep like the previous entry. I'd try to contain any sort of excitement, but at this point it would be the equivalent of faking a climax.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@masterskywalker said:

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan said:
    @masterskywalker said:

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jphulk26

@masterwitcher88 said:

EXCLUSIVE: WONDER WOMAN 2 Villain Revealed:

thathashtagshow.com/2018/02/exclusive-wonder-woman-2-villain-revealed/

"The film is said to follow Diana Prince into the 1980s where she will (somehow) reunite with Steve Trevor to take on the now dissolved Soviet Union. According to our source, somewhere in that mix will be the classic DC comics’ villainess Cheetah. You won’t have to dig too deeply into Google to discover that Cheetah sits atop the most wanted list of a large percentage of DC fans, but this is no fan fiction. With just 3 months until filming and with the polished script from Geoff Johns and Dave Callaham in hand, Warner Bros. is on the prowl for their Cheetah and though it’s by no means a done deal at this point, we are told the studio was eyeing actress Emma Stone for the role, but we recently confirmed that she has passed on the role."

Its as some of us feared. I don't have a lot of faith in this TBH and I especially hate Diana in the past.

bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. complete bullshit. And Cheetah should not be the villain for this dumbass movie.

It should be Alkyone The Circle and Medusa.

This just tells me Patty has done none of her homework and is just riding off a wave of support. She may have lucked out last time, but honestly this sounds awful in every conceivable way.

Why would WW even be fighting the Soviets? On what basis will WW even be involved with the world when clearly she is unknown as stated in justice league. No one knows her. So what she´s fighting crime like Batman in the shadows.

You know what screw these guys.

I was in complete support of Patty but what BS. And Kristine Stewart is not bad casting for Cheetah. She´s a great actress who deserves better in all honesty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
    deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Heard about this on the radio. Cheetah better not be a jobber.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman looked very low budget compared to Man of Steel.Hope the budget is min 200 million this time instead of 100 million. They managed to turn Ares into lame villain. They are already portraying Wonder Woman as Captain America power level than Superman probably to reduce Budget and CGI ?

I hope they have great 3d CGI fight scenes and Villain otherwise it will be very difficult to perform in International markets where it underperformed compared to other Superhero movies.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: It did

Captain America civil war made 408 million in domestic and Whooping 745 million in International box office.

Iron-man 3 made 400 million domestic and wait for it... 821 million internationally.

Wonder Woman made 412 million in domestic and...... Just 400 million internationally.

It was badly marketed by WB Internationally and it was not dubbed into many local languages compared to Marvel movies.

WB have to aggressively promote the movie internationally especially in China where an Indian female wrestling movie grossed over 200 million last year! WW made 89 million in China

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: if WB dubbed the movie for non English speaking audience like marvel WW would have grossed a lot more money.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@agent41: It did

Captain America civil war made 408 million in domestic and Whooping 745 million in International box office.

Iron-man 3 made 400 million domestic and wait for it... 821 million internationally.

Wonder Woman made 412 million in domestic and...... Just 400 million internationally.

It was badly marketed by WB Internationally and it was not dubbed into many local languages compared to Marvel movies.

WB have to aggressively promote the movie internationally especially in China where an Indian female wrestling movie grossed over 200 million last year! WW made 89 million in China

Bold: Or you know, WW just might not have the same kind of pull outside of the US?

Other than that, you can't really compare the team movie Civil War (massive hype just by the name) or 3rd of it's kind Iron Man (you know what you are getting) to a debut solo movie like Wonder Woman (might have been crap, and the character has often been considered the weakest card of DC's Trinity).

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: if WB dubbed the movie for non English speaking audience like marvel WW would have grossed a lot more money.

You know there exists something as subtitles yeah?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@geraldofvengerberg said:

You know there exists something as subtitles yeah?

ugg.. Who actually watches dubbed movies? I can't stand that.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. complete bullshit. And Cheetah should not be the villain for this dumbass movie.

This just tells me Patty has done none of her homework and is just riding off a wave of support. She may have lucked out last time, but honestly this sounds awful in every conceivable way.

Why would WW even be fighting the Soviets? On what basis will WW even be involved with the world when clearly she is unknown as stated in justice league. No one knows her. So what she´s fighting crime like Batman in the shadows.

I was in complete support of Patty but what BS. And Kristine Stewart is not bad casting for Cheetah. She´s a great actress who deserves better in all honesty.

I hear you.

I'm sure Patty will deliver a good movie but this is certainly not a good direction. Cheetah really???? It won't have the emotional impact like in the comic and even worse case scenario it's script was polished by Geoff Johns so its more than likely Nu52 Cheetah, aka the boring one with the goddess of the hunt fetish so no Urzkartaga.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirsten Wiig is reportedly in talks to play Cheetah in Wonder Woman 2, a bit left-field I know but I'm into it. I can picture Wiig as Barbara and Cheetah will be mo-capped in all likelihood, just hope they hire the people that did Planet of the Apes

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By masterwitcher88

@agent41 said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:
    @jphulk26 said:

I hear you.

I'm sure Patty will deliver a good movie but this is certainly not a good direction. Cheetah really???? It won't have the emotional impact like in the comic and even worse case scenario it's script was polished by Geoff Johns so its more than likely Nu52 Cheetah, aka the boring one with the goddess of the hunt fetish so no Urzkartaga.

If they use Cheetah and portray her as a powerful foe, that will be a good think for exposing more of WW rogue gallery in a good way. Not to mention that it can have an emotional impact as well if done right. Cheetah has potential.

True. As of now I'm VERY cautiously optimistic. There is a lot that can go wrong or right with this movie. Not to mention Flashpoint is still a go to option for a DCEU reboot (don't really know how that's going to make people forget the other movies but whatevs) so WW and WW2 would be non-canon? Don't really know where I'm going with this honestly. Point is DCEU is a massive mess right now after the franchise that was suppose to spring board off MOS and BvS collapsed due to poor critical and audience reactions.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirsten Wiig is reportedly in talks to play Cheetah in Wonder Woman 2, a bit left-field I know but I'm into it. I can picture Wiig as Barbara and Cheetah will be mo-capped in all likelihood, just hope they hire the people that did Planet of the Apes

That's a really good idea, hope this is the case.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is an excellent opportunity to show wonder Woman flying and stopping nukes.(screw BVS and JL canon) It is only good thing i can think about.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31 higherpower  Moderator
    Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
    deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrueThemyscira

@geraldofvengerberg:

The movie was low budget lol and it affected it a lot, especially with the CGI. And someone tell Patty that WW is supposed to be portrayed as one of the most powerful beings on the planet...not Captain America level.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldofvengerberg:

The movie was low budget lol and it affected it a lot, especially with the CGI. And someone tell Patty that WW is supposed to be portrayed as one of the most powerful beings on the planet...not Captain America level.

No Caption Provided

I dont recall Cap being able to lift a tank?

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truethemyscira said:

@geraldofvengerberg:

No Caption Provided

I dont recall Cap being able to lift a tank?

Why are you responding to a troll?

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kristen will make a wonderful Cheetah, I'm already imagining her being as comic book accurate as Dr. Poison was in WW1. I can't wait.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: @beyonder97: I’m not a troll lmao. And I didn’t mean it literally. I tried to get my point across that her power level was nerfed. She didn’t really do anything that impressive in her own movie. Stop being so sensitive.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Yeah I'm pretty stoked, I've a good feeling about this

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Yeah I'm pretty stoked, I've a good feeling about this

Priscilla or Barbra? or maybe a mix of both?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Frankly, I don’t read WW comics but I’ve seen the first film and I’m looking forward to the next installment. Jenkins will deliver.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: Seeing that Diana is an antiques dealer, I'd say Barbara, albeit, with a lot of creative liberties

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Archizooom

I want a really badass fight between Wonder Woman and Cheetah to wash the bad taste of Justice League out of my mouth but something tells me Cheetah won't be as fast as Flash in the DCFU because that would just be too good to be true. Superman is, even though there's no reason why he should be, Shazam will possess the speed of Mercury, it's in his name but Cheetah…no

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First and foremost, the ugly sword and shield needs to go. In order for an epic fight to happen in the movie, the sword and shield can’t be there. That being said, Cheetah also needs to be portrayed as a threatening and mysterious villain that is actually designed properly. Not here for some half-assed CGI. Kristen Wiig better deliver.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

I loved the first Wonder Woman, but I'm only cautiously optimistic about this one. I'm not sure I like what direction they're heading with Cheetah, but Jenkins has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Johns was a producer on Justice League and as you might recall Wonder Woman got her butt handed to her by Superman - who speedblitzed and out-muscled Wonder Woman with one arm. I don't have a great deal of faith in Geoff Johns

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.