Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman #12 question (spoilers)

JayMar89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JayMar89

so ive read the first ww trade which is issues 1-6 and started reading the ongoing last month at #11 so can someone fill me in why was orion burried in the snow or was that his first time showing up scans plz if you got them

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By 4_color_image

I am pretty certain this is Orion's first New 52 appearance.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hatutzeraze

I've read all the issues of Wonder Woman. Nothing in those would answer your question. We don't know any more than you do about that scene.

For what it's worth, though, a poster on another comics forum I peruse now and again suggested that the top two panels of that page may be a different scene altogether from the bottom two panels. If he is correct, then while we can all agree that was certainly Orion going through the Boom Tube, it may have been someone else emerging from the ice.

Personally, I thought it was Orion on the whole page, but it's a theory, something to consider.

JayMar89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JayMar89

ok thanks for answering guys cant wait to see were this goes thanks for the alternate theory ill have to go re examine that page

wwmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wwmm

Question- i am a bit confuse on the part where wonder woman remover her bracelet and she seems to become more powerful than ever? can someone explain whats the connection between her bracelet to her and her strenght?

Supes1903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Supes1903

I'm sure someone will expound more on this but the short and sweet explanation from my understanding is that with the Bracelets on her power is capped. Removing them basically unleashes her full potential/power so she can essentially go into a Berserker Rage much like Logan.

wwmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wwmm

ahh thank you :)

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UsagiTsukino

The only confusing thing is that she had the bracelets off before and not went into god mode.

No Caption Provided
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By SoA

@UsagiTsukino: maybe they can be invisible like wondergirls armor in teen titans?

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KingofMadCows

She also had her bracelets off when she was in hell.

No Caption Provided

The whole thing is a deus ex machina and doesn't make much sense.

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UsagiTsukino

@SoA: No, we see her put them on

No Caption Provided
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SoA

@UsagiTsukino: bad planning? lol

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UsagiTsukino

@Supes1903: The only problem is how do u explain that fact that she seen without?

@SoA: Unless because of the fact she can control but when she on mount Olympus she can't because she where the gods are.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@UsagiTsukino: @SoA:

Maybe her powers only work in God realms. So it is perfectly safe to take them off on earth, but in Olympus she taps into her God-Powers. IIRC, there was a story line where a W.W. from another was able to live forever as long as she stayed in Olympus (where she married a god)

The other thought is that when she is perfectly calm and not fighting, she is less likely go berserk (she is to far from the edge to go over).

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15  Edited By x_29

Perhaps the power hermes gave her in this issue also gave her that beserker strength.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By sethysquare

Or maybe its just an adrenaline rush and taking off her bracelet is similar to a guy taking off his clothes when the fight gets serious.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By cameron83

@sethysquare said:

Or maybe its just an adrenaline rush and taking off her bracelet is similar to a guy taking off his clothes when the fight gets serious.

or maybe they are just restraints,or they do stop her from going demon mode,but i guess they just repress it,so she only (risks) going into that mode when fighting

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By sethysquare

OMG. Im still totally excited about Orion coming in Wonder Woman's book. Its crazy

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SoA

@drgnx: it a better theory than idk . lol

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By RedQueen

@UsagiTsukino said:

No Caption Provided

The only confusing thing is that she had the bracelets off before and not went into god mode.

I was literally about to make a topic on this...and the Hell incident. Anyone come up with an explanation? I had literally decided to take it for face value, and for once, forsake continuity. Still, it was a fist pump moment for me when she went all bad-ass. To answer OP... I am 99.9% sure that it is Orion, as it was his helmet. And that he has made no previous appearances in this run, or (correct me if I'm wrong) anywhere else in the new 52. Azzarello has stated as much, as well as hinting that he may not introduce anymore "New Gods" just yet...and just stick with Orion.

This seems as good an explanation as any: @drgnx said:

@UsagiTsukino: @SoA:

Maybe her powers only work in God realms. So it is perfectly safe to take them off on earth, but in Olympus she taps into her God-Powers. IIRC, there was a story line where a W.W. from another was able to live forever as long as she stayed in Olympus (where she married a god)

The other thought is that when she is perfectly calm and not fighting, she is less likely go berserk (she is to far from the edge to go over).

polo327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By polo327

@KingofMadCows said:

She also had her bracelets off when she was in hell.

No Caption Provided

The whole thing is a deus ex machina and doesn't make much sense.

I think the bracelets basically act as weights that essentially slow her down/weaken her. The only time she got into a fight in hell was when she decided to leave the wedding and tried to escape, when Hades caught up to her, Strife rolled in and saved the day but Wonder Woman was clearly annoyed by this and said that it was her fight and that "this battle...I will never lose".

Basically I don't think she goes into any "mode" when the bracelets are off, which explains why she wasn't all glowy eyes in the first scene with Zola and in Hell. Plus in Hell she seemed more reluctant to fight Hades, even as it looked like he would kill her she still wanted to talk it out first. The only reason I think she removed the bracelets in Olympus was because someone she cared about greatly (Zola) was at risk of being killed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.