Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

why aren't there more wonder woman announcements being made?

• 80 results
    jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

I want some announcements. animated series, animated movies!

She has royally kicked Superman and Batman's ass box office wise. She is now in all likelyhood (considering we have to deal with Batfleck-Punisher) the most popular character in the DCEU. No more dragging feet, I want some announcements.

All they need to do is animate Rucka and Simone, then Azzerrelo's runs for a badass animated show. I want a Heiketa announcement or Justice Riders or maybe The Circle animated movie. How about an Amazon's TV show charting the history of the amazon's and Gods. WW's world is just as rich and colorful as Superman and Batman and far more interesting than anything apart from X-Men in the Marvel Universe.

Its done, they need to stop wasting time. before the heat dies down, start making it already.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly thought WW would have gotten the same treatment in the DCEU as in the animation, meaning she would get one movie and thats it.

I would love nothing more then to see her have her own animated series, but given the way her universe was treated in JLU and how poor her villains were in comparison to everyone else (Ares specifically). Also they'll go with the cliched and boring Zeus origin for mass appeal rather then a powerful greek epic with all the gods and goddesses and they won't use the origin of the Amazon's from Marston or Perez because screw having something creative and emotional, on top of that they'll be reduced to the "I don't need a man" amazon's in JL Action or worse man haters and rapists like in New 52. I have my doubts it will be good.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can rest assured that multiple WW sequels are coming. Her movie made a nice tidy profit, so be prepared to be bombarded by WW in every way shape and form.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if they go back and reshoot most of Justice League to give her a newly expanded role.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you have to knock down Batman and Superman to praise Wonder Woman?

But yeah I do agree, it's time to take advantage and push her even more.

The whole of the Trinity are my favorite Superheros. Literally my fav is Supes, 2 wonder woman 3 Batman. So I am not knocking down anyone in my opinion. I´m just telling the truth. Her origin has made more money than Batman or Superman´s origin movies on less budget.

And I don´t think its just word of mouth. I think there is something very mythic about WW story that appealing. Now they just need to get the ball rolling with it.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I would think DC would strike while the iron is hot. At this point, her movie is the most profitable movie in the DCEU (BvS made more $$$, but had a much higher budget) At the very least, she deserves another solo animated movie.

We'll see at SDCC

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well, Green Lantern got an animated series after its movie so I suppose there's a chance. Though we should remember that DC animation is not what it once was at the moment. Right now Cartoon Network only has two DC related shows, Teen Titans Go and Justice League Action, with TTG I think lasting as long as it is because each episode is very cheap to produce (and because they show the damn thing for about 5 hours each day).

If Wonder Woman were to get her own ongoing show, we'd want it to be of the same quality and serious level as Batman TAS or Spectacular Spider-Man and that seems really unlikely to happen when Cartoon Network and other cartoon channels in general are hesitant to green light anything that doesn't blatantly advertise that it's a comedy first.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jphulk26

@aros001 said:

Well, Green Lantern got an animated series after its movie so I suppose there's a chance. Though we should remember that DC animation is not what it once was at the moment. Right now Cartoon Network only has two DC related shows, Teen Titans Go and Justice League Action, with TTG I think lasting as long as it is because each episode is very cheap to produce (and because they show the damn thing for about 5 hours each day).

If Wonder Woman were to get her own ongoing show, we'd want it to be of the same quality and serious level as Batman TAS or Spectacular Spider-Man and that seems really unlikely to happen when Cartoon Network and other cartoon channels in general are hesitant to green light anything that doesn't blatantly advertise that it's a comedy first.

By the way sorry mate, I flagged you by accident. Just so moderator knows. You make a valid point, but I think DC animation series could find new life on Netflix if they were smart at all.

People like to binge watch these days and I think they could use the success of Wonder Woman to catapult a mature level ANIMATION like the Batman Series for Wonder Woman. As I said its very simple. Perrez, Rucka, Simone and unfortunately Azzerello would be the way to go. Maybe finish the series with Ruckas rebirth, which although I'm nota big fan of at least fixed the terrible inclusions to WW mythos by Azzerrelo. Having said that I think Azzerrelo's run was a bit better written than Rucka rebirth and worth being seen. As long as they start the series from at least Rucka's initial run, I'm down with that.

also Rucka's run was very cliff hanger heavy, so it would be a natural fit for binge watching netflix series.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

DC does have that new streaming service that will have the Titans live-action show and Young Justice Season 3 and they probably need more content for it. So, I suppose there will be more chances for DC animation if that service is successful.

clydedonovan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clydedonovan64

@jphulk26: Her movie only made more than their organs because it came out in 2017 and Superman: The Movie and Batman came out in 1978 and 1989 respectively. Their origin movies with today's prices would've made over $1b. Let's not also forget that despite horrible reviews BvS still made $873m worldwide.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Because she's not Batman. One good movie when compared to one really crappy one isn't going to change that.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Because she's not Batman. One good movie when compared to one really crappy one isn't going to change that.

What crappy movie?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:
    @dernman said:

What crappy movie?

BvS

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: That wasn't a Wonder Woman movie.

Trufas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Warner is working in his new platform for series i think (or at least animated series) because obviously CartoonNetwork is not a good place to publish your stuff now days

They are working on a new Young Justice season and probably they will start making other new stuff as soon the platform is made

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman

@agent_z said:

I didn't say it was...... :/

I'm legit perplexed on what you think I posted that you would reply in such a way.

It's clear you don't understand what I wrote which is odd because it was simple. I suggest going back and rereading.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @agent_z said:

I'm legit perplexed on what you think I posted that you would reply in such a way.

It's clear you don't understand what I wrote which is odd because it was simple. I suggest going back and rereading.

Maybe you should do the same. What the hell does BvS, a movie about Batman and Superman, have to do with announcements for a Wonder Woman movie or tv show? The OP asked why we haven't gotten any announcements for plans of these and you responded with "BvS was a bad movie". Why?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dernman

@agent_z said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent_z said:

Maybe you should do the same. What the hell does BvS, a movie about Batman and Superman, have to do with announcements for a Wonder Woman movie or tv show? The OP asked why we haven't gotten any announcements for plans of these and you responded with "BvS was a bad movie". Why?

Again maybe you should go back and read. He asked a question of why she wasn't getting more attention then went on to say she kicked SM and BM in the box office.

SO I gave a reason because she's not Batman who DC are short sighted obsessed with giving him all the attention. Then I addressed the point the OP made about WW's movie vs theirs saying one good movie (WW) in comparison to a really crappy one (BvS) wont change that.

Now had you actually reread my and the op's post like I suggested you would have gotten what it has to do with it because it's pretty darn clear.

Instead you were more interested in trying to find some imagined offense towards WW when there was none just so you could argue.

All of criticism was towards DC's short sightedness for so heavily focusing on Batman to the detriment of other characters like WW.

I honestly don't know how you couldn't see what it has to do with it unless you didn't read.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @agent_z said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent_z said:

Again maybe you should go back and read. He asked a question of why she wasn't getting more attention then went on to say she kicked SM and BM in the box office.

SO I gave a reason because she's not Batman who DC are short sighted obsessed with giving him all the attention. Then I addressed the point the OP made about WW's movie vs theirs saying one good movie (WW) in comparison to a really crappy one (BvS) wont change that.

Now had you actually reread my and the op's post like I suggested you would have gotten what it has to do with it because it's pretty darn clear.

Instead you were more interested in trying to find some imagined offense towards WW when there was none just so you could argue.

All of criticism was towards DC's short sightedness for so heavily focusing on Batman to the detriment of other characters like WW.

I honestly don't know how you couldn't see what it has to do with it unless you didn't read.

Here's an idea. Maybe if someone doesn't understand your point, you should make sure you properly explain it in your original post instead of assuming they don't read. You didn't bring up any of this in your original post so excuse me if I didn't instantly get it because I don't speak Dernman.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By righteous300

Theu announced Vol 2 for her Earth One series yesterday.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dernman

@agent_z said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent_z said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent_z said:

Here's an idea. Maybe if someone doesn't understand your point, you should make sure you properly explain it in your original post instead of assuming they don't read. You didn't bring up any of this in your original post so excuse me if I didn't instantly get it

Here is a better idea. Actually read it in the first place or if there is something you don't understand ask before jumping to conclusions to find some offense and making false statements like the BvS not having anything to do with the OP when the OP is the one who actually brought it up. How can you claim to have read when you said something like that?

It takes very little effort to read or ask. I assumed you didn't read to give you the benefit of the doubt because the alternative is much worse for something so clear.

because I don't speak Dernman.

You mean the English language. You've made that abundantly clear.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@dernman: Well they have to change that. Marvel is beating them on the silver screen because DC has been depending on batman for far too long. Wonder Woman has proven that other DC characters have potential to carry their own projects too.

I agree that's why i've been saying for years their business model is short sited and why Marvel trounces them for even longer. While I say Marvel is far from perfect in the things they do they don't rely on just one property. THey take unknowns and turn them into something. They're more rounded. If one does fails another can step up.

DC on the other hand.......What happens if people get tired of Batman? That will be a huge set back for them and they doesn't really have the set up for other characters to just step up out of nowhere. WW has a spark right now and it would be foolish of them not to take advantage. Yet we know the only animated things coming out right now is for Batman.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman did great. But that doesn't translate into comic or tv sales. She's profitable in movies, but not on Batman iron man level. And as someone said, one crappy bvs will not hurt bat or supes if their next solo outing is good. If jusrice league is bad, the dceu is in serious trouble.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Agent_Z

@dernman: There's this saying about not throwing stones in glass houses. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with it given your ranting about "jumping to conclusions"

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I agree. I'm not saying they shouldn't expand. She did fantastic at the box office. But doing well there does not translate to comic sales. Look at iron man. or cap. or hulk. even befre the recent changes they weren't that great sales wise. Batman and spidey excel in all mediums that's what makes them so popular. I'm not saying theyre better, I'm saying theyre more popular. Theres a difference. Wonder woman did great because the movie was great and shes a classic figure. But she cant support the spidey and batman amount of ongoings. On top of their overall popularity those two have the best supporting cast and rogues in comics. That helps carry them in the comic world. WW was my second favorite title of nu52 and my first of rebirth. But I don't think she can support multiple titles long term. Mini series are a different story. start with mini series, build her world and then get more ongoings. to expect more cause of a movie wont work long term, look at black panther and strange. or widow. or ant man. or iron man. or scarlet witch.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Oh yeah I agree with more exposure, I think a movie would be best and take it from there. Or more graphic novels mini series, like the one that one the Eisner recently or Grant Morrisons earth one series (which is actually getting a sequel). DCs problem movie verse isn't that they rely on batman and superman too much. In the past only those two had movies, but during the Donner, Burton era, there was no talk what so ever about a shared universe. Even during Nolan, who made fantastic movies, that was the Batmans first major movie since B and R. A travesty. DC just barely made super hero movies, not nearly as constant as marvels. When they saw Marvel's success they tried to emulate. They opened with MoS. But that wasn't well received. Then BvS, Then Suicide Squad. Both were beyond not well received. The second solo movie they gave to Wonder Woman. Batman isn't getting a solo until 2019-2020. The problem vs Marvel isn't that DC doesn't use their characters, it's that they're playing catch up, so they can't give everyone solos before justice league, and they offerings the have had before WW in their shared world, are absolute trash. If the movies would have been well received, they'd be flying right now.

TV video wise is another story. THERE they abuse batman a lot. I'd actually want to see different animated movies about different characters. Superman, Wonder woman flash. Even the flash story they did was Flashpoitnb, a story that featured batman heavily. Video game wise, yes they focus on Batman. But that's only because it's easiest. DC has gods, it's much easier to make a game about a street leveler with gadgets to vary up game play. Again, look at marvel, their first foray into serious single character games in a long time is spider man, because street levelers are easiest that way.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: They should really bring back Sensation Comics and actually give it to a team that tells full stories like Action Comics or Detective Comics not a bunch of short stories all from different creative teams.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameswayne: I can easily see a Witcher 3-esque, open world, 3rd person, action, adventure, fantasy game with Wonder Woman replacing Geralt and having a flight mechanic instead of Roach(his horse). Demi-Goddess battling mythological creatures in a giant world controlling/summoning Zeus's lighting Final Fantasy style.

Or perhaps something like Anthem, they seem to have their flight mechanic down. (Start at 2:20) Obviously keeping the mythical aspect and a Hand to Hand focus to it instead of shooting guns, like fighting a fire breathing Chimera or a giant venomous Hydra.

Loading Video...

THE LAST THING I WANT IS A GOD OF WAR RESKIN. That would be awful.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: Oh yeah, I think it's definitely possible. But that's a heavier investment than something like arkham asylum initially was. City was big, but it had the benefit of security because Asylum was a proof of concept. Open world games are very hard to develop and populate. I think a witcher anthem type game would be too big for a super hero character. Anyone, not just wonder woman, even the big ones. Spider man looks like it has stupid amounts of money behind it, much more polished and interactive and story driven than even the prior spider-man games. But this game is an exclusive, sony backs it completely because they have movie rights.

I think if there is going to be a wonder woman type game, make it action adventure, kind of like a darksiders. Oh and she can't fly, don't let her be able to fly. It complicates things needlessly, makes balancing game play and world traversal so much more difficult and makes everything more expensive. Anthem has it yes, but anthem is a destiny type game. It's designed to constantly engage players to come back for more, loot and community driven so that they could continuously support and add expansions to get more and more revenue. But I think darksiders would work well for her. She's easier than superman or green lantern in my opinion, because you could strip her of some of her powers and ground her in her mythologies and the only people who would care are the most obsessed comic fans that concern themselves only with feats and powers, regardless of the medium (What i'm saying is that it's realistic and should be expected that a character's adaptation somewhere else will not be as impressive as if they were in a comic and the writer artist can do literally whatever they want).

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:

@agent41: They should really bring back Sensation Comics and actually give it to a team that tells full stories like Action Comics or Detective Comics not a bunch of short stories all from different creative teams.

That's a good idea.

@agent41: I agree. I'm not saying they shouldn't expand. She did fantastic at the box office. But doing well there does not translate to comic sales. Look at iron man. or cap. or hulk. even befre the recent changes they weren't that great sales wise. Batman and spidey excel in all mediums that's what makes them so popular. I'm not saying theyre better, I'm saying theyre more popular. Theres a difference. Wonder woman did great because the movie was great and shes a classic figure. But she cant support the spidey and batman amount of ongoings. On top of their overall popularity those two have the best supporting cast and rogues in comics. That helps carry them in the comic world. WW was my second favorite title of nu52 and my first of rebirth. But I don't think she can support multiple titles long term. Mini series are a different story. start with mini series, build her world and then get more ongoings. to expect more cause of a movie wont work long term, look at black panther and strange. or widow. or ant man. or iron man. or scarlet witch.

You know WW is more of or equal an icon to spiderman depending on how u look AT it. Anyway. Wondy an animated series. That's where everything that needs developing can happen.

All her villIains back stories, add villains, what city she's in etc.

I'm fed up of these excuses about WW villains. DC's villains fit the characters, that's why there great. Flash's rogues make sense to Flash, Supes to supes, WW's to WW. That's why in my opinion I prefer even Shazam's rogues gallery to Spiderman. In fact I'd go as far as to say Spidey's rogues are pretty overrarted.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I guess nothing came from SDCC?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I guess nothing came from SDCC?

Just beat deadpool in box office.

They need to go for the throat with the next one. She needs to go for Dark Knight in quality of film and an iconic villain.

I think they should use Alkyone and the Circle story and cross it with Eyes of The Medusa.

i'M GOING TO UP LOAD A VIDEO LATER.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Just stick with one story, there's no need to take two of Diana's best stories and smash them together.

I'd go with the Circle and give the final movie to Circe. We really can't do a lot of her stories because the best ones like Eyes of the Gorgon and Challenge of the Gods heavily focused on the Gods and they're all dead now(an unwise decision on DC's part).

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Just stick with one story, there's no need to take two of Diana's best stories and smash them together.

I'd go with the Circle and give the final movie to Circe. We really can't do a lot of her stories because the best ones like Eyes of the Gorgon and Challenge of the Gods heavily focused on the Gods and they're all dead now(an unwise decision on DC's part).

I think if u understand how I would blend them it would make a lot more sense. I actually wrote a wonder woman script that I deeply suspect the writers of wonder woman stole from as it was online. 5 years before I wrote script in which Doctor Poison was the secondary villain and WW was on a mission to stop Ares that Steve was highly skeptical about.

In that script I introduced Alkyone to set her up as villain for second movie.

Here's a link to my script. You'll see when it was posted:

https://www.scribd.com/document/349109097/wonder-woman-edit-for-a-movie-savage-2-battle-cut-2017-edit

Yes them killing the Gods was a mistake. I think they were planning a one and done wonder woman origin. I don't think studio execs have a clue at how much WW story would resonate. I knew from the jump the impact it would have. After I saw the animated movie it was clear to me WW was a star and females would be hugely impacted by seeing the movie if it was done right. They how ever are too stupid to realize what gold they have with some of their characters. All they see is Batman.

The character I think that would make a billion dollars is Shazam, which should not just focus on Billy but also the Shazam kids. Get them from all different races and then make it a cross between Harry Potter and The Goonies with a superhero. I think it could be a top family film where kids who love superheroes can finally see themselves in the hero. Base it on Geoff Johns new take on Shazam's origin and WB will score a massive family movie hit. Parents born in the 80s will love it for having that Goonies, Stand By me Vibe and kids will love it because the Shazam kids will be something they can immediately identify with. I just don't get how they can't see that! They have some excellent IPs they are wasting.

Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, a Batman Riddler detective noir movie and Shazam (especially) should be there big projects.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: iconic? Wondy defitnely passes spiderman, but she gets trounced in popularity. In fact, i dont think she will ever be as popular as the big 3 just because their popularity is so engrained in populare culture and their origins+ideals are so known world wide. Dc does need to work oj different characters though and luckily we are getting an aquaman and shazam movie.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because other characters matter more.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @blaredevil said:

Because other characters matter more.

What characters?. Batman is the only one getting solo animated shows and other stuff. What characters?. When even Superman has been put aside for a while now. While DC is too busy depending on batman for everything. Marvel has made many hits with B and C list characters. And are now making a movie about carol danvers, that not long ago was still more known a Rogue's back story. Gladly Wonder Woman already proved how wrong DC and others were. Her film has been so far the best step in the DCeu. Proving how much potential she has. Wonder Woman will pass the 800M and reach the top 10 of most successful comic super hero films of all time Worldwide. It's time for DC to take this chance and expand their brand (even more than before) beyond batman outside comics.

Superman, Green Lantern(s), Flash etc

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: So why does WW deserve it more than those characters? Do I sense blatant bias afoot?

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I don't care about what Marvel does. One character shouldn't take precedence over others because of one movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.