Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

who does wonder woman love BATMAN OR SUPERMAN

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By Enzo991

@agent41:

"The relationship won't be 50%-50% between WW and one of the 2 men of the trinity. It's not 50%-50% with SM and it certainly won't be with BM. BM is DC's biggest money cow. He is allowed to do stupid things all the time that go against the nature of his character, like one-shottiing Aquaman,Cheetah,WW,Green Lantern,etc, tagging Flash, hurting Darkseid with a simple kick etc. But you can bet WW won't one-shotte joker or bane even when she is millions of times stronger than them, why?, because in many cases popularirty>>>>>>>>power levels."

Power levels have nothing to do with a relationship between two characters. It's the power obsessive fanboys that freak over Batman punching Cheetah, or Deathstroke outmaneuvering the Flash or whatever. This all stems from the horrible misconception that a character that's physically stronger = a better character, so lowly street level humans should know their place and always play second fiddle to the alien power houses.........or so some fanboys/girls of Supes, WW, MM, AM..etc would like you to believe.

Personally I don't agree with this line of thinking, as you might've guessed already. The fact that Batman managed to punch WW in the face, using a 600 million war machine, doesn't spit on WW's legacy, and doesn't mean that DC is favoring Batman over Wonder Woman. Maybe I believe that because of my extensive background in reading Marvel comics, were human characters can deal with any super powered aliens with the right tech and preperations, or because I think that the power levels in the DC universe are ridicules and should be dropped significantly to make writing interesting stories around the characters more manageable. The point is still that the problem lies with the people if they get pissy over who defeats who. Batman got stomped (literally I might add) by WW and nobody got angry over it.

I can't defend nonsensical writing, but that fault lies with the writer not the character. I'm merely discussing the merits of making two characters enter a relationship, based on their established history, and what they stand for. A will written relationship should benefit both characters, and if the writer can't handle that then that's either is his fault, or the characters were not suitable to each others in the first place.

"Generally power level is not the key for a good story, but it is a key when it comes to respecting the rank of a character. It's not enjoyable to see a powerhouse struggling with street levelers just because its partner is more popular and happens to be an street leveler. An story like that just can't be taken seriously, and because of that is not enjoyable."

Not if it makes sense. I can understand Batman being able to fight WW in an advanced power suit, I can enjoy that. However, if I saw Batman knocking WW out with a punch, without any explanation, I would definitely hate it, as that doesn't make Batman look any good, he would just look dumb and I'd lose any immersion I had with the story.

The problem with people however, is that they would never accept their favorite character losing to a character they deem to be lower, no matter what the circumstances are. Take the Batman vs. Justice League fight from Endgame as an example. Batman only managed to take WW out of the fight by tricking her through the use of a magical artifact that rivals her own lasso, and yet people are calling that a humiliating defeat for WW despite the fact that Batman didn't even beat her physically.

I personally thought the whole fight was smart, and the Iron Man fan in me wanted Batman to do something like this for a long time. I thought the fight was well choreographed and the end results didn't leave any character humiliated as many claim (well maybe with the exception of Aquaman, but he had it coming). Of course many would say I'm biased for Batman, but I honestly don't see it that way, because although this might be a rare occurrence in DC, Marvel has stuff like that all the time, and many times it comes from characters that I'm not very fond of (Captain America, Black Panther, Reed Richard) and yet I never thought it was bad writing.

"With SM she is portrayed as a powerhouse but she spends all the time glorifying him like she should be honor to breathe the same air that SM breathes, and her personality and character development are lacking in the relationship(SM is in the same situation in that aspect)."

I explained before how I think that the current relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman is being handled the way it should be, and that's to say it's going badly, because that's how I believe a realistic relationship between the two would play out. It would start sweet but will inevitably end due to the fundamental differences between the two that are not easy to reconcile. Of course it could be written better, there is no doubt about that, but that hinges on the writers not the characters.

"I haven't seen an equal relationship between WW and any of the 2 men of the trinity yet. So unless things change, then i prefer to see her with Steve, there are stories where they show real chemistry as a couple, where both count on each other, grow together, and he has shown he'd go to the end of the world and beyond for her."

Batman and WW never got into a relationship so that you can judge it. Unless you're counting their general interactions outside the possible relationship, and in that case that has nothing to do with anything. Especially considering that WW is one of the few characters that Batman was never shown to look down on or dismiss, at least not since the 2000's.

Steve works with Diana because there is really nothing more to him than being her love interest. I explained how the fact that WW pretty much fell for the first man she encountered does not reflect on her positively, especially when the man in question isn't that remarkable in the first place. At least her relationship with Superman makes much more sense, as compared to Steve he's an extraordinary person. Still, if written well, Steve can have potential because really he's only defined by his relationship to Diana, so it shouldn't be a difficult thing to accomplish, but I still think she should branch out outside Superman or Steve. It doesn't even have to be Batman for that matter.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Again, unless a relationship consist of the two fighting, I don't see how that has any bearing on the relationship. Yeah I remember Batman (and many other street levelers) punching Cheetah, but she was a joke pre-52, and the same never happened to WW. Also, when did WW struggle against a Batman villain ? Your definition of 50%-50% seems to be "WW dominates everyone because she's stronger" when that has nothing to do with making a relationship works. It's as I stated the DC power obsessed fans that measure a character's worth based on how hard they can punch, and that's ridicules in of it self, and has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

I said that Steve can be written to be complimentary to WW, because he has nothing going on for himself beside being WW love interest, and that's boring. You said yourself (and I agreed) that a relationship should be 50%-50%, but a WW/Steve relationship will only be in favor of Dinah, because who cares about Steve, I certainly don't, but that makes the relationship boring to read. It would work as WW first relationship, but after WW receives the needed character development that she needs, Steve should be discarded as he will no longer have anything to add to WW. Or so I humbly believe...

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is beneath her, no matter how much prep he has, his dick can't even penetrate her. Sorry Batfans, no matter how much you love the guy, he is simply not on her level physically which means hes not on her level sexually, which means it aint happening.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: We can go back and forth about this. I personally don't remember a single instant of Batman one shotting WW. They sparred a few times, and he did land an attack in each one, but they never put her down, and she ultimately defeated him. There are many other instances of Batman fighting one WW rouges, but over the span of 26 years, there have been many instances of dumb writing, so there is no point in going back to each one to try to justify it. It's my personal belief that in any comics, human characters must be the most important ones in the story, as those are the ones the reader can relate to, even if they have super powers. The problem in DC is that the power levels at this point are way beyond ridicules, and the whole universe is dominated by super powered aliens. The irony though is that the most popular character in DC by a landslide is Batman, and that where problems for the writers starts to arise.

Steve is indeed a human, and I have no problem with that. I actually think that characters like Superman and WW should never hook up with non-human, as that diminish their character and motivations. I admitted that Steve can be used to start character development in WW, as you stated, but after that he won't have much more to offer to her. I also mentioned that reading a WW/Steve story isn't exciting, as the story won't even be equally shared between the two (not that I think it should), but would be WW's story featuring Steve as a plot device to develop WW's character, and that won't be an exciting relationship to read, it might be a cool WW story though.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I admit that might be the case. Still you could argue over every little instance and whether it's acceptable or bad writing, as many people hate the Endgame fight between Batman and the JL, while I thought it was completely legit. So arguing things like that is futile.

Personally, I can relate to people with powers, it's just that they have to be people (you know humans). For example, I can't really relate to Superman or WW on a personal level, because not only I can't buy them being the paragons of morality and humanity, when non of them are even human to begin with, and in WW's case, doesn't even have the flimsy excuse of being raised by 2 random farmers. Of course that doesn't mean I can't enjoy stories with Superman or WW, it's just that I can't accept what they're supposed to stand for and represent, which ultimately makes me unable to really care for them.

I have no problem with alien characters in general. I love the Martian Manhunter , but since he's not supposed to be a role model in humanity that humans should aspire to, I don't have a problem with him, and can even sympathize with his story. Of course this is just my opinion on the matter, and as you said everything is subjective.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In the new 52, Superman

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By Enzo991

@killraven4334: You would have a point, if not for the fact that for the longest time WW was in a relationship to Steve, a regular human, and Superman's most famous love interest is Lois Lane.....so I'm not sure what the hell you're on about.

@agent41: I can accept love as an ideal that transcends race, but when you have a a super powered being, who never lived among humans, and comes from a proud warrior race that looks down on humans and "man's world", try to pass herself as this authority in love and peace, that humanity should learn from, that's when it becomes unrelatable. Especially when WW relapses into her warrior persona and start spouting war speeches, things gets really ridicules. Also, it's easy for an invulnerable demi-god to talk about love and compassion, when not many things in the world can even hurt her, you can excuse me for not understanding the appeal of her character. When a human character, one who brushes with death on a daily basis, and suffers from the same flaws as the rest of humanity, succeeds in actually showing compassion and forgiveness, that would be a very relatable experience for me that I can learn from.

As I mentioned, I still enjoys WW character when I can forget about her whole "love and compassion" thing. She is a nice person that acts as the emotional crutch for the team, and really can get the best out of other characters. However just like Supes, I can take her ideal and what she stands for seriously. This wasn't helped by her one dimensional "proud warrior" characterization since the new-52.

That's of course as I mentioned time and time again, only my personal view on the matter. I realize there are other people who find such character relatable on some level, and I respect that, I just never could understand the appeal.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Well then I guess this is the part where we agree to disagree. I see where you're coming from, and I don't think there is much I could say to elaborate more on my opinion. Thanks for the discussion,

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

What i said about her character s true.

I don't believe so, and I already explained my reasons (hopefully) as clearly as possible. I can see you're a big fan of WW's character, and that's why I'm trying to stop this discussion, as nothing will be gained if we continued. I'm sure you wholeheartedly believe that what you're saying is the truth, but to my ears it sounds ridicules, and that's where the whole "different opinions" thing comes into play. I say let's break it off on a friendly note, as it's clear neither of us will be able to convince the other (not that I think we should).

Good day to you sir.

sdmvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Batman has lots of women like catwoman and talia...superman loves lois and they're super cute together... I think she should be with bat, COMICS COMICS COMICS MY GOD! ONE DAY ONE THING ONE DAY ANOTHER

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is topic is for Batman and Superman fans who want their hero to have wonder Woman for some silly fantasy. You should never put wonder Woman with any of them. She is a trinity member not some lesser hero. Not to mention the most iconic female superhero out there. She has her own romantic interest, Steve Trevor just like Louis Lane. Also Wonder Woman being paired with Steve is sort of homage to the traditional tale of the immortal goddess/ God falling in love with a mortal whom is fated to die long before their lover. He also provides while not a direct weakness, a sort of thing to use agaisnt her since she has no real weakness. Besides I can tell you that majority of wonder Woman fans are not thrilled about her being paired with sups or bats.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think her only true love was Steve Trevor. Batman has Selina. Clark has Lois. That's it.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither. There's been a Steve/Diana drought for almost thirty years, time we got it back

HeLLic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By HeLLic

I think Superman

MonstrousOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's shown interest in both of them. It depends on the writer and the universe. Aren't her and Clark a couple in the New 52?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By ZariusII
    @kcomicfan said:

In the new 52, Superman

In the post-Rebirth era. Steve.

@hellic said:

I think Superman

Superman was always a rebound for her.

@monstrousogre said:

Aren't her and Clark a couple in the New 52?

Not anymore. They broke up after N52 Clark's identity was made public and only got back together when N52 Clark was dying, then N52 Clark died and was replaced by the post-crisis era Superman who is married to Lois and has a kid. Diana is being slowly paired back up with Steve, who was her established "one true love" for the majority of the golden and silver age, and will be her love interest in the 2017 movie.

The New 52 is no more...it's been revealed it was the original DC universe all along, only most of it was altered by one of the Watchmen. Diana recently learned she had been deceived by unknown forces and is trying to peice together the truth. Her feelings for N52 Superman may have been one of those deceptions she was made to believe in, which explains why we haven't seen much mourning from her.

MonstrousOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    Diana is being slowly paired back up with Steve, who was her established "one true love" for the majority of the golden and silver age, and will be her love interest in the 2017 movie.

I know he was her love interest in the golden age, but I the silver age had an older Steve who I think was with Etta Candy? I'll have to go back and refresh my memory.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    Diana is being slowly paired back up with Steve, who was her established "one true love" for the majority of the golden and silver age, and will be her love interest in the 2017 movie.

I know he was her love interest in the golden age, but I the silver age had an older Steve who I think was with Etta Candy? I'll have to go back and refresh my memory.

So should I.

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It all depends on the story. The only place I know where Wonder Woman is chasing Batman is in the Justice League: The Animated Series which was so well written to the point that it is my OTP, but Wonder Woman has been more commonly Superman's love interest which makes me gag.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Neither. Steve Trevor ftw.

commandernate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It depends on the writers. I could have sworn I once saw a comic panel on google that showed WW, and Flash flirting. I still really like WW, and bats because I liked there dynamic in the Justice League animated cartoon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
    deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Steve Trevor but I think Batman could be with her.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Her greatest love is BIG BLACK GOO aka the Darkness, she even had his kid.

itchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the universe or media or whatever.

In the DCAU it was batman, in the new justice league cartoon its super, in alot of comics its superman or batman varying between the two or neither. There is no consistant one that has happened that i know of as she has shown love for both in various different sources (though in the comic i think it sways to supes more often)

Mailwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439  Edited By Mailwam

People often wrongly assume that Batman and Wonder Woman's relationship has only developed with the Justice League cartoon. In fact some attraction has been there since late 1960s from The Brave and The Bold comics. In modern times it started in 2000s, though Batman started growing close to her in 1997 when her soul was destroyed, he came to her hospital and gently stroked her face in sadness. In Legends of DC Universe too Wonder Woman grew close to him. This is a big change from 1991 when she was afraid to even come near him during War of the Gods. The two did respect each other greatly and recognized the goodness in each other, despite their issues.

DC however never properly or fully explored their romantic potential. Just a few flirts here and there, a date that had to be cancelled, Batman breaking out of spells to save her. In the end, Diana still loved him ans as she said in Blackest Night, no words needed ti be said but even if there were it's too late. The romance was sweet but too short.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither lol

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Hulk20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the writer.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

I feel like I replied to this years ago.. I'll say Superman

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She loves them both. The way a sister would a brother. Platonically.

Avatar image for deactivated-61ccbf59a0fe1
    deactivated-61ccbf59a0fe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, no contest

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, no contest

Lois is the contest, and she won a long time ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-61ccbf59a0fe1
    deactivated-61ccbf59a0fe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: I’m not gonna argue with you, and this isn’t even the Superman board so Lois is irrelevant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.