Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What Are The Ingredients For A Good Wonder Woman Television Series?

• 185 results
    OriginalVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By OriginalVenom

@ssejllenrad said:

Give her an "ancient" costume feel like what Marvel did with Thor.

Donna Troy's Wonder Woman costume would be effective methinks.

This Wonder Woman costume is by all means the best iteration I have ever seen of her so far. To me of course.

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#152  Edited By kartron

IMO wonder woman's costume should be the one that is in the beginning of odyssey, it should start with the origin and as the Linda Carter's show did, work on the strands of emotion of audience while at the same time have Diana solve some crime and supernatural mysteries - add some spice of graphics that is done in series such as Star Trek or Star Wars. But yes, the script flow, emotions, graphics and sexyness level should all be in accurate proportions without being too much or cheesy. WW is definitely a tougher character to portray on screen - take whichever origin!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By ssejllenrad

@OriginalVenom said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Give her an "ancient" costume feel like what Marvel did with Thor.

Donna Troy's Wonder Woman costume would be effective methinks.

This Wonder Woman costume is by all means the best iteration I have ever seen of her so far. To me of course.

Yeah me too. I hope Dianna took that costume from Donna Troy after One Year Later. Or at least used that in the New 52.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By ssejllenrad

@AlKusanagi said:

You know, with a couple more years and about 20 pounds of muscle on her, Victoria Justice would make a pretty good Wonder Woman.

Oh yes that would be awesome! She's already gorgeous right now. Imagine if we add some maturity and badassery to her look... That would be a sure win Diana.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By vernierhawk001

Just don't think the small screen, espescially a network like CW, will do her any justice

pinchpaker29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By pinchpaker29

Lose the costume! ;) Sure seller!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By sethysquare

@ssejllenrad said:

Not a suggestion... Just for eye candy...

I would like to see something like that.

Also I think CW should make Amazon a horror series filled with scary evil greek gods, mythological monsters taking humanoid forms and crazy ass cameo.

The tone should be similar to buffy the vampire slayer, supernatural and arrow. Like a mix of all of them with a wonder woman twist.

Coluber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Coluber

Well, here's my idea on a Wonder Woman series. First off, let's start off with the Amazons themselves. Let's dive more into the myth than even the comics did. The Amazons (all of them) are the daughters of Ares and they were quite vicious, until the gods exiled them to Themiscyra, forcing them to calm down. There, Diana is created (she is not the daughter of Zeus), and eventually meets with Steve Trevor (the love interest, because, quite frankly, I hate her hooking up with Batman and the Ubermensch), and from there, she moves on to the Outside World. As for the costume, well, the one depicted in the article is horrible. If a redeseign is necessary, look to the Mycenaeans or the Scythians for inspiration.

jerrycan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#159  Edited By jerrycan

How about making Steve Trevor or a similiar character her father...? A american pilot crash-landing on paradise island and the queen of the amazons, leaving nothing more then the star spangled stripes behind to inspire his kick-ass daughter to seek for him or the world he came from.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jerrycan said:

How about making Steve Trevor or a similiar character her father...? A american pilot crash-landing on paradise island and the queen of the amazons, leaving nothing more then the star spangled stripes behind to inspire his kick-ass daughter to seek for him or the world he came from.

I like that better than Zeus. That's the thing, Azz's origin is a wrote, uninspired, cliche that's been done a million times before.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By dondasch

@G-Man said:

The show could easily focus on Diana's youth and her years on Paradise Island and still remain cost effective. It would also explore her character and identity in ways we haven't yet seen which would definitely add to the story.

Wonder Woman 90210!!

This is why we can't have nice things.

Avatar image for lovingdamnation
    Lovingdamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#162  Edited By Lovingdamnation
    darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By darkman61288

How about Paradise Island is destroyed before Diana is born and the Amazons flee the it including the Queen. Hippolyta and the others hide from the dark force that attacked them in Man's World. There the Queen meets a man named Alexander Prince who is a cop and good man. She falls in love with and they married and have 3 kids, Diana, Donna, and a son AJ. On Diana's 18th bday she and her father get in an argument. Diana storms out of the house to cool off. She comes home 2 two hours later. While fighing with her mom John trevor her dad's partner and Steve's dad knocks on the door. He tells Hippolyta and Diana that while her father was looking for her after their fight he saw woman being mugged. He tried to stop it but was shot and killed. This broke Diana's heart as she feels responsible for it. The Queen tells her about her Amazon heritage and takes to meet Athena the Goddess of wisdom . She tells Diana that she is destined to avenge the Amazons by defeated the evil that destroyed Paradise Island. She will be given great power to fight but only after she proves her worth. This is the main storyline of the series.

edge0076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By edge0076

Hmm...how about Steve Trevor and his sister Etta Candy Trevor crash land on PI inadvertently releasing the hordes of monsters the Amazons were charged with keeping from the rest of the world. In trying to help Diana recapture some, they discover that she hadn't been molded from clay as she had been originally told, but is really the daughter of Zeus. Wanting to keep this a secret from Diana, her mother agreed to let the underground caverns beneath PI be the prison for these monsters in exchange for Zeus' silence. Disgusted by her mother's deception, Diana leaves PI with Steve and Etta, agreeing to be the one to bring in the monsters set loose on the outside world.

From there it would basically be a cross between Buffy and Thor. :)

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By colonyofcells

How about a title like : Diana Loves Etta.

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

Why does everyone keep trying to destory Paradise Island or make Steve Trevor her father? All they have to do is take a similar route to what the animated movie did. Personally for her birth I would tell the same old tale about her being born from clay and then have her have good relationship with her fellow Amazons but feel like she isn't apart of them. Then at some point while she is fighting one of the Olympians probably Ares I would have him reveal the true way that she was concieved and Hera hear it. That would set Hera up as the villain for the sequel and it could make Wonder Woman 2 a revenge film about her trying to save her mother and the other Amazons. Elements from the old Wonder Woman and the new Wonder Woman should be combined to craft a great story and a great movie. Like I said to bring it to modern times just use the same formula that the animated movie used.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, let's have Diana working at the Amazon as a life guard where they save people from piranhas and crocs. People can lie around in bathingsuits and Zeus can be David Hasellhoff, Pamela Anderson can be Hypolita, and her old female castmates over the years can be amazons, and and and ....

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By darkman61288

@drgnx: I hope this is sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288 said:

@drgnx: I hope this is sarcasm

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By GaspoweR

Man, I always felt that Wonder Woman would just be better as a movie then a TV show since all that build up of her getting used to being on Earth, etc. can only last for so long and after that you'll pretty much end up in Smallville territory with diminishing returns.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#171  Edited By mewmdude77

A good Wonder Woman show needs Lynda Carter.

zachkastner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By zachkastner
    No Caption Provided

I think this is the best interpretation of Diana I've ever seen. A really great photomanip that's being shuffled around the internet.

kreewarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#173  Edited By kreewarrior

It can be done. Look at Buffy the vampire slayer. Diana could come to Protect America from terrorists. If terrorists takes a hold of top secrets they can destroy us with nuclear weapons. If that happens, it could spill over to Paradise Island. Therefore, she must stop the threat. She can pretend to be a college professor teaching Mythology and science. Her costume should be red white and blue tights but not shiny. She could look more like Xena....with a more worn leather with a hint of color. This would make an amazing story and cost effective. Oh and one of her college friend can be Donna Troy.

KeliaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#174  Edited By KeliaC

they need to stop messing with Wonder Woman and take her back to her roots. the costume redesigns are stupider than however impractical people complain her iconic look is. and even if changing the iconic look shouldnt change who the character is, they still change more than enough in addition to the look that the character just isnt Wonder Woman anymore. its horrible and I wish they would just stop because she is worse off now than ever before

KeliaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#175  Edited By KeliaC

@Chibi-Iroh said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again you CANNOT treat her like a superhero. You have to treat her the same way that Thor was treated. True he fought alongside superheroes but he is never treated or characterized as being a superhero, he is treated like this warrior who is helping to protect the world and fighting alongside his friends. Even in the comics I've never seen Thor as being treated like a superhero even though he constantly fights alongside them. Diana has to be treated like something else completely.

this sums it up pretty well. stop trying to pigeonhole her into what works for other characters or entertainment mediums and let the character be who she is.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Skewer

The truth is the real treat for a successful show is a great supporting cast: http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/favourite-wonder-woman-supporting-characters/92-745749/ A great story line: http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/the-best-wonder-woman-comics-to-read-pre-52-and-new-52/92-743272/ A great gallery of villains since it a superhero show http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/wonder-woman-villains-id-like-to-see-return-in-the-new-52/92-738868/ Great casting choices and the rest is up to the writers and film crew. That it, nothing else.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#177  Edited By amazing_webhead

Don't worry too much about the costume. If you don't like it, she can just spin around and change to a different one. (HAHAHA!)

...But seriously. You could just say Zeus was the one to give the clay life and, thus, was her "father". Also, they could make Diana overconfident and focus on that for a tone.

Doubles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Doubles

I say stick with the original costume. It's worked forever and it will help bring in a male demographic with the T&A. If that gets too much, go the Smallville route. Clark never wore the red & blue superman costume, yet it seemed to work.

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#179  Edited By Dakens son

And suddenly everyone is a writter,director and producer!!!

HURRAYYY

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By herrweis

@zachkastner: that costume is awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dakens son said:

And suddenly everyone is a writter,director and producer!!!

HURRAYYY

No Caption Provided
    Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#182  Edited By Zdaybreak

Make it animated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By 672253

@x_29 said:

I want a Xena cameo

Yes. Just yes.

I have said many times that Lucy Lawless would be the one and only Diana (if she were 10 years younger). Or perhaps even Lena Headey...

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By jphulk26
    lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By lilben42

@Skewer: I think it would be great to for the creators of this WW show to look at Once Upon A Time for some inspiration. That show is so unique and most of the characters all have great development. I really want this show to be all serious with not alot if not any CW cheesyness. I also think they should use Circe for more of a main villain than anyone else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.